[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout vs UnderRail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 534
Thread images: 90

File: IMG_1483.jpg (223KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1483.jpg
223KB, 1024x768px
Did one guy manage to make a better isometric RPG than Blackisle?
>>
probably not
>>
Underrail has a vastly superior combat system, exploration and much more interesting setting than Fallout, quality of side quests is around the same though Fallout has more of them.
The only thing where Fallout beats it is quality of dialogues. Even then, Underrail has quite a few memorable NPCs like that redpilled pig.
>>
>>389133551
there's lots of independently made isometric or first person dungeon crawlers made over the years that have focus on systems and interactions and they are solid mechanically, but writing/lore/world makes it feel like a throw away old shareware game
I think I played a game made by somebody from RPG codex and they had all the checkboxes of what a rpg should have ticked but the game feels pointless to complete

>>389134508
>much more interesting setting than Fallout
I respect your opinion and politely disagree ur fagget
>>
>>389133551
I haven't played this yet, I can't seem to make a character, because I get too much choice, and it's so open so it dosn't me any imagination.
What are some fun builds?
>>
>>389136485
Any kind of psion for all the cool spells you get.
I played a heavy armor psion and couldn't be hurt by almost everything once I crafted my super-armor.
>>
I prefer Underrail but only because I like OP magic
>>
>>389136485
I get that it can be confusing without classes and shit, but basically you want to focus on one combat discipline and either go full tank or full stealth
This guy has some build ideas. Just don't try to make a jack of all trades and you will be perfectly fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o
>>
>>389136485
Do you want to be a boring faggot? Stealth Sniper

Do you want to play the best scaling and most fun build in the game? Psychokinesis Monk. By endgame you'll be going full Fist of the North Star on everything.
>>
>>389136820
I don't know if psy melee is really a good build for the first playthrough
>>
>>389136820
Stealth sniper is kinda hard to play because it doesn't do so well against groups unless you set up traps first. Sub machine gun builds are much easier and very powerful.
>>
Underrail sucks and goes with the "I'm going to give you the illusion of choice" route.
Crafted gear is the strongest in the game. Period. Meaning you have to waste the majority of your points maxing out the 5 crafting schools.

Garbage game tbqhwy.
>>
>>389136947
Isn't the entire point to go right back to stealth and break combat so you can snipe the next guy?
>>
>>389136872
It's probably not, early game is hell. I played a sledge build for my first character but that got boring halfway through so I restarted.
>>
>>389137002
The really hard fights have way more than 2-3 enemies. Also the max chance to hit is always 95% and it really punishes snipers when you do miss a shot. It doesn't hurt burst firing builds as much.
>>
>>389136953
You have enough skill points to max out 7 skills, and many of them like crafting ones don't really need to be maxed. If your build requires more skill points than that then you built wrong.
>>
How's the classic XP system? Does it leave you at a significantly different level?
I already did a playthrough with the Oddity system. Generally liked it but I think there were too many duplicate oddities so quite often you'd not get XP cause you already got 5/5 rat asses or whatever
>>
Lads what is a good melee build? I struggled with sniper because I was usually overrun by numbers which I couldn't deal very well with.
>>
>>389137129
Classic is too fast, most of the time you'll hit the level cap halfway through Core City.
>>
>>389137113
>If your build requires more skill points than that then you built wrong.
Aka garbage video game design.
The fact is, crafting takes up 5 of those 7 skills. Everything else you said is damage control to cover how garbage that system is.

>Here's 7 skills you can max
>Oh I need to max out these 5 crafting skills
>Well uhh...guess I'll pick...handguns and...wow this sucks, literally choice.
Trash.
>>
>>389137129
Oddity is WAY easier for builds that are weak early like psy monks, it will also put you way ahead of the curve on EXP even if you kill everything.

Classic XP slowly catches up later and you get the benefit of being able to infinitely farm anything that respawns. That takes a long time though.
>>
>>389137129
I ended up getting max level when I got to Core City and thought I could wipe out the Faceless blockade. Kill about 50+ of them before I realized they infinitely spawn
>>
>>389136953
>well over a dozen viable builds
Nigga what the hell are you maxing biology and chemistry for?
Fuck what the hell do you need max tailoring for.
You are so retarded it's bizarre.
>>
>>389137261
>Oddity is WAY easier for builds that are weak early like psy monks
Really? My first playthrough was a psy monk and just doing the thing where you have to reactivate generators was enough to transition me into being able to kill harder enemy groups
Isn't spy monk pretty much the same? No one's forcing you to only use psy fist and melee right away
>>389137301
>>389137251
Yeah okay that does sound silly
>>
>>389136953
depends, you can finish the game easily without crafting
there are tons of weapons and armors that are good enough

as an example, we have the CAU armor that makes deep caverns a breeze, also some good snipers and the powerfist
>>
>>389137253
Why do you need all 5 crafting skills? What fucking build could possibly use all 5? Chemistry and Biology are totally optional and suck for most builds. Out of the other 3 most builds only use 2.
>>
>>389137402
>>389137309
Sledgehammer build.
Biology for the needed drugs.
Chemistry for the traps and explosives.
Electronics for the broken shields and the shock sledges.
Tailoring & Mechanics for the armor.

Which leaves literally 2 (TWO) points to 'customize' my character, 1 of which is spent on melee and the other was spent on traps.

Wew lad, excellent customization there.
>>
>>389137253
You are being overly dramatic. Of course crafting is good, otherwise you wouldn't have a reason to pick it. But to say that you need them, and you need all 5 is pure bullshit. A heavy armored player will have zero need for Tailoring, a stealthy psion will not benefit from Mechanics, any non-trapper/grenadier build will just skip Chemistry and so on.

I have done no-crafting runs before, because that is how I wanted to play. Usually it feels better to make your own weapons and armor, not because they are that much more powerful, but because you make them to suit the specific things you want from it. But if you don't want to craft, the unique loot you find is perfectly adequate and the variety is good. Hell, even crafters prefer some of them on occasion to crafted gear, like the CAU armor or the Power Fist.
>>
>>389137624
Why does your sledgehammer build use traps and explosives
>>
>>389136485
>What are some fun builds?
I'd recommend something relatively simple-but-fun for a beginner, like a gun user. It gives you time to learn the mechanics (from things like the AP system to how to fight best), they're enjoyable and still powerful, and they're not as skill-intensive as some of the nicher builds so you have more discretion as to the skills you take (crafting, persuasion, stealth etc)
I'd recommend either a tank with an assault rifle or an smg stealth/surprise build.

>>389137402
>Biology
It might not be optimal, but it sure is enjoyable to go around ripping things' innards out and calmly harvesting cave flowers to brew into drugs.
>>
>>389137624
I seriously doubt you needed to max all of those skills, much less have all of them.
>tailoring AND mechanics for armor
What.
>>
File: 1480233259656.jpg (36KB, 552x626px) Image search: [Google]
1480233259656.jpg
36KB, 552x626px
>tfw high level crafting skills but RNG on loots and vendor mats makes it useless because they're all low quality shit
>>
>>389137730
>I'd recommend either a tank with an assault rifle or an smg stealth/surprise build.

Well post the build my double nig
>>
Great fun
>try to go north early
>get fucked by packs of rathounds and rathound alphas
>come back later
>have fireball now
>cast it
>stealth up while all the rathounds run away
>exit combat and regain all my psy points
3 beetles still fuck me up though
>>
>>389137624
>Sledgehammer build.

Well no. From the sounds of it you played a Sledgehammer-Trapper build. You have made your choice.

And on a side note, even if you maxed all of those which I seriously doubt because that would be very fucking pointless, that is still only 7. Where is your 8th skill?
>>
I'm stashing all my crafting materials and stuff I can't sell cause vendors have no dosh left in my locker in SGS
Is that safe or will SGS get attacked at some point in the story? I don't wanna lose it all
>>
>>389133551
I liked it but its basically incomprehensible to navigate through the map without looking it up on a wiki.

The pathing through tiles is literally non-euclidean and every tile looks the fucking same so I basically lost my fucking mind trying to find somewhere I needed to go for one of the quests one time
>>
>>389137659
>A heavy armored player will have zero need for Tailoring
Factually wrong. Even when going for metal armor upgrades you still need to be heavily invested in tailoring for some retarded as fuck reason.
>Of course crafting is good, otherwise you wouldn't have a reason to pick it.
Not an excuse.
Unique equipment is now rendered useless because you can very easily create your own broken as fuck equipment with no effort at all.
>But to say that you need them, and you need all 5 is pure bullshit.
See >>389137624 I do need all 5. It's the same for every build. You always benefit from having all of them maxed because the dev is fucking retarded and shoehorned all 5 of those crafting requirements into everything.
>I have done no-crafting runs before
And so have I, and that is why I know that it's the inferior choice to crafting, which means you're pigeonholed into wasting 5 skills on crafting if you don't want to be gimped.

>>389137723
Why wouldn't I?

>>389137806
>What.
I'm not seeing what is so confusing. Both of those skills are needed in all heavy armor sets. Period. Both of those skills are needed in just about every armor set actually, even light ones.

>>389137942
>Well no. From the sounds of it you played a Sledgehammer-Trapper build.
Doesn't change anything. It's primarily a sledgehammer build. Having no ranged options would be even worse.
>>
>>389138087
>Why wouldn't I?
Because you are talking about customizing a sledgehammer build and traps are already part of that you massive cumguzzling faggot
Go shitpost about another game
>>
File: NZePpQ.png (220KB, 743x755px) Image search: [Google]
NZePpQ.png
220KB, 743x755px
>>389137831
This is mine.
>>389138007
>al phabet
You can leave it in there.
>>
>>389138007
It's safe.
>>
>>389133551
It's kinda disappointing to see so many people compare it to Fallout. Underrail has entirely different focus compared to it and reason it works is because it focused on combat and systems in general.
>>
>>389137730
I like smgs, but they are always a poor mans shotgun in these kinds of games. Stelath smg sounds kinda fun. A simple build woulndt be too bad, as I know nothing of the system, I do play a lot of crpgs tho.
Any input on preferable stats?
Just uise the spec-op build from that crazy russian dude that makes build videos for all the games?
>>
>>389138087
Post a screenshot of whatever it was that you NEEDED 120+ tailoring for wearing metal armor.
>>
>>389138263
>>389137730
Oh, and I forgot, which xp system does that stelath/smgg build prefer?
>>
File: AoD_death2.jpg (193KB, 1022x816px) Image search: [Google]
AoD_death2.jpg
193KB, 1022x816px
>>389133551
>better isometric RPG than Blackisle

Nah, not really. It's more a case of catering to a niche and doing a good job with it. People like to pigeon hole "isometric RPGs" as if there's no variety in them and it was all a single genre or something. Lords of Xulima, Underrail and Age of Decadence are VASTLY different RPGs, for example.
>>
>>389138131
>Because you are talking about customizing a sledgehammer build and traps are already part of that you massive cumguzzling faggot
Quite literally not an argument you asshurt apologist.
Crafting takes 5 of your precious skill points and you're pigeonholed into maxing all 5.
The remaining points are irrelevant and you still have no choice considering at the very least one of those points is getting put into a weapon type.

>>389138265
Any high level Tactical Vest armor.
Any high level Riot armor.
Next?
>>
>>389138521
Just in case anyone wondering about playing the game is here: Remember this dude is just straight-up lying.
>get called out on not needing those skills
>NO SHUT UP IT'S NOT AN ARGUMENT THAT I DON'T NEED TRAPS AND THEREFORE DON'T NEED THE CRAFTING SKILL REEEEEEE
>>
>>389138521
>Someone explains why crafting isn't necessary for everyone's build
>S-shut up, n-not an argument!
>Goes back to the same retarded lies that have already been addressed
Being this disingenuous should be a bannable offence.
>>
>>389138521
Neither of those are metal armor.
>>
>>389138589
>>389138650
>Gets blown the fuck out
>Can't deal with it and throws an autistic tantrum instead because his garbage game got called out
Absolutely embarrassing.

I can't imagine how pathetic you must be IRL to be up some garbage literal who devs ass.
Did he send you here to shill his failed game and spout easily provable bullshit?
>>
>>389138521
You are playing a hybrid. You do not need to play a hybrid. Your hybrid uses a skill it wouldn't if it was not a hybrid. Therefore the skill is not necessary, and you customized your build, which is exactly what you claim is impossible. Capiche?

And no, there is no combination whatsoever that would need both Tailoring and Mechanics maxed. None.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (332KB, 2270x752px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
332KB, 2270x752px
>>389138772
Both of those are metal armor. Both of those use mechanics and tailoring.
Pic related for an extra dosing of BTFO.

>>389138883
>You are playing a hybrid.
Wrong. I'm playing as pure a build as possible. There's nothing even remotely hybrid about it.
>Your hybrid uses a skill it wouldn't if it was not a hybrid.
Good thing I'm playing a pure build then and that skill is still completely and utterly necessary.
>And no, there is no combination whatsoever that would need both Tailoring and Mechanics maxed.
You've already been BTFO on this but see the above quote to get another taste.
Heavy metal builds do indeed need both Tailoring and Mechanics maxed out. It's not even up for debate.
>>
File: 1490431753808.gif (1MB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1490431753808.gif
1MB, 212x212px
>>389139092
>putting metal plates in a vest makes it metal armor
>this requires the same level of mechanics as crafting actual metal armor, as well as the same level of tailoring as cloth armor
>>
>>389134508
Underrail is a good rpg even in terms of text stuff, just get to core city.
>>
>>389139240
Just stop talking to him. He keeps claiming he has to max all crafting skills and that traps and melee isn't a hybrid
He clearly doesn't even know that you just need to hit certain thresholds with your crafting skills cause he hasn't actually played more than 5 minutes of the game
>>
>>389139240
>"w-woooooow just because the thing is filled with metal doesn't mean it's metal armor"
And yes, you need to be maxed out on both to make the best versions of these sets.

So once again. This game has absolutely no choice in how you create your character, providing you don't want to be a gimped worthless piece of shit.

You take all 5 crafting skills, then you pick whatever weapon of choice you wanted to use and you're basically done, your other point is irrelevant for the most part because everything in this game works in pairs so if you don't have one thing, the other isn't worth taking. Like Dodging and Evasion.

Worst character creation I've ever had the displeasure of using.
>>
>>389139541
You don't need to be even close to maxed in tailoring and mechanics since you'll never find materials with high enough quality to require maxing. You can also buff your crafting skills a lot by eating int food and using the workbenches.
>>
>>389139518
>he hasn't actually played more than 5 minutes of the game
lmao, fuck outta here you shitter. I'm better at the game than everybody in this thread. I'm just not a pathetic cunt who tries to damage control for a failed character creation system for my literal who dev master.

Take it from me, this is one game everybody should avoid. The update looks like shit too.
>Wooow lets add water jets, I'm sure everybody will like tho-
Oh wait, nobody wants that shit.

>>389139703
You still need to be maxed even when eating Junkyard Surprise.
>>
File: 1492195270084.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1492195270084.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>389138372
Anyone know?
>>
>>389139773
>245 hours
Disregard everything I said. This has to be some form of advanced falseflagging.
>>
>>389139791
Didn't see that post, sorry. Oddity is the better system, no matter your build. The game was built around the oddities system and it encourages exploration cause you can find oddities in any random old container.
>>
>>389137817
It's depends on a trader, no reason to check sgs armory for 100+ gun frames.
>>
File: high quality metal armor.png (49KB, 697x839px) Image search: [Google]
high quality metal armor.png
49KB, 697x839px
>>389139541
Anon, you are either spewing bullshit for shits and giggles, or you are seriously retarded.
>>
>>389139898
Thanks, now I can start playing.
>>
>>389140137
>>389139868
Don't respond to him
>>
>>389138263
>I like smgs, but they are always a poor mans shotgun in these kinds of games. Stelath smg sounds kinda fun.
Then you should love them in Underrail, anon! SMGs area fantastic weapon because they are both burst-capable (great for DPS and has specific feats to enhance burst attacks) while still getting a reduction to AP cost for a high Dexterity (which Assault Rifles don't).
>Just use the spec-ops build from that crazy russian dude that makes build videos for all the games
I haven't seen the video, but it should be fine - Spec-ops SMG builds are relatively straightforward as builds go. I don't want to tell you specific stat numbers because I was far less confident with my SMG build, so I know it was pretty suboptimal, but you'll want Perception and Dexterity as your main stats and enough Agility for feat requirements. Spec-ops and Commando are the feats you'll want to aim for, and otherwise take ones that enhance your burst attacks. Following the guide will be fine.

>>389138372
>>389139868
I would always recommend Oddity, as it was recommended to me. The game is designed for Oddity, it encourages exploration, and there's a good spread of Oddities and experience from different sources so you don't need to be hyper-vigilant for them (unless you want to be)
Sorry for taking so long to reply

Good luck anon! I hope you enjoy the game.
>>
File: underrail 2017-07-15 17-29-55-96.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
underrail 2017-07-15 17-29-55-96.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>389137817
>he didn't find the oculus
>>
>>389140137
I was actually curious and started watching the sledgehammer build video. It has you using light armor so you do need max tailoring and you obviously need max mechanics for your sledgehammer. 0 bio and chem though.
>>
>>389140137
Not the metal armor I was talking about AND it still requires an enormous chunk of tailoring.
How will these retarded fuccbois ever recover?
>>
>>389138147
I thought this was focused on guns?
>>
>>389140489
That's just someone else's Psy build. I wrote up my assault rifle one if you're still interested.
>>
>>389140489
Not really, they're decent especially early on but most gun builds scale like shit and have issues with certain encounters, like the final boss.

Sledge builds scale decently well, same with Psi builds, but monks are the hyper scaling build.
>>
>>389140329
You probably need less than 50 actual points in tailoring to reach the required skill with buffs and bonuses from leveling other crafting skills.
>>
>>389140657
Yeah sure, I really have no clue what to go for in this game. Same with the different weapon mods or barrels.
>>
>>389140853
I should have read the whole reply chain, you were referring to a specific assault rifle build someone else mentioned, not the game in general.
>>
>>389140137
Seeing all this crafted armor make me regret spending points to evade and especially dodge.
>>
>>389136485
The most fun build is a pure psi build.

A lot of people swear by stealth sniper, but you do exactly the same thing in every fight and it's just not that fun after a while.
>>
>>389140853
Tell me all about those monks m8.
>>
So let's get a couple of things straight.
>Crafting skills
Essential. Must be maxed unless you want to be playing an inferior version of your character. No exceptions.

5 skills down.

>Defensive skills (Evasion & Dodge)
Can't afford to pick them up without gimping your character.

>Subterfuge (Hacking shit)
Can't afford to pick them up without gimping your character.

>Social (Speaking shit)
Lmao absolutely worthless. Cannot ever pick up.

Which leaves us with Psi and Offense to distribute our few remaining skill points after blowing it all in crafting.
Is this the worst character creation ever put together?
inb4
>"n-n-n-noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my dogshit gimped build didn't take crafting though! wh-who cares if it's second rated garbage!"

No wonder there's only 19 people in this thread. This game is a joke. All of those skill categories listed above minus Crafting, Offense and Psi might as well be removed because they're irrelevant fluff only put there to give the illusion of choice.
Realistically, what went wrong? Is this why Underrail is never mentioned these days except by your average low paid shills?

>>389140895
Nope, you need max.
>>
>>389140990
You can do both, most builds can afford to max both dodge and evasion as secondary sources of defense.
>>
I'm still waiting for the expansion, Styg.
>>
>>389140329
Enormous my ass. Even if for some retarded reason you made a 5 crafting skill build with INT as your dump stat it would still only need about 60 points to get there with Junkyard Surprise and workbenches. I'm sure even you can realize that is very far from maxing. Admit it anon, you are talking out of your ass.
>>
>>389141148
this

next character will have energy pistols + riot shield
>>
File: 12.png (19KB, 474x532px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
19KB, 474x532px
>>389141134
I can't afford this already, it's too late.
I have this plus 110 in persuasion on level 20.
>>
>>389141172
All the shitposting wants me to make a character that actually uses all 5 crafting skills.
Is it possible?
I think the scientist build doesn't even do it.
>>
>>389141134
That would be pretty pointless, the high armor penalty would butcher your investment. It's better to go with one or the other.
>>
>>389141548
>Is it possible?
Why not, just get 2 combat skills on top and ignore hacking/lockpicking and the social skills
>>
>>389141552
You can craft leather armor or kevlar vests(without armor plates), they have low penalty.
>>
>>389141654
It's more of a problem of finding a way to use all five in a meaningful way than just having them.
>>
>>389141172
You need well over 100 BASE tailoring, actually.
You also provided a good segue.
Skills aren't the only thing you're limited on.
Stats are also something you get pigeonholed into as well.
Since we've already established that the majority of your skill points are blown into maxing crafting, now we need to butcher our stats by putting at minimum 8 points into INT, usually 10 though. Those 5 points you have to play with when you make your character are immediately gone. Now you have to start gimping other stats to buff your secondary main stats (since INT is always the primary one unfortunately thanks to crafting being required).

Who thought this system was a good idea?
>>
>>389141548
Sure I guess. Heavy armor gunner/crossbow grenadier with supersoldier/bullhead/irongut/etc drug, maybe? You could even take lockpicking and hacking for better component hunting, although mercantile might be a more convenient choice for that.
>>
>>389141702
Oh yeah certainly
>>
This game was rad as fuck and I can't wait for the expansion
>>
>>389140913
No worries, give me a second to format it. Apologies as I don't have a picture or anything to make it clearer; I'm working off a different computer and from memory.

>Barrels
Higher calibre barrels let you fire bigger bullets, which cause more damage but also increase the base AP cost to fire the weapon - which is always a consideration, but a huge deal for characters which use Burst attacks, since there are only some calibre/frame combinations that can Burst twice a turn. Also, each type of weapon frame can only accept certain calibre barrels.
>Weapon mods
Nice little bonuses, but not all of them are equal. Rapid Reloader is incredibly good for Burst-capable weapons, for example. It can be useful to build a couple of different weapons with different frames/calibres/mods for different situations.
>>
>>389141072
There are two ways to build a monk. Both go 10 DEX and puts all their points into it, but the second major stat depends on if you want to go Metal (STR) or Leather with psy (Will). They take very similar feats, pretty much any passive that works off melee strikes plus expose weakness. The leather version scales better but has major issues with stuff that has high mechanical resistance early.

Anyways, by endgame, psy monk using leather can attack 12 times a turn (4 AP cost per hit). Combined with Force Emmission and stuff like Combo Attack you hit almost as hard as a sledge build with each hit.
>>
>>389141103
>my dogshit build REQUIRES 5 maxed crafting skills even though I've been proven wrong several times and dozens of competent builds are easily a google search away
>I guess that means every single possible build in this game must require max crafted skills
>also, one couldn't possibly beat or even enjoy this game without crafting the best equipment available
>therefore this game is shit because I've decided this is the best way to optimize and if I don't optimize this game isn't worth playing

You may literally be on the spectrum.
>>
>>389141103
>Defensive skills (Evasion & Dodge)
>Subterfuge (Hacking shit)
>Social (Speaking shit)
>Lmao absolutely worthless. Cannot ever pick up.
I couldn't figure out a way to incorporate these into a build either. You seem to be dead on.
I pirated the game expecting to buy it due to all of the buzz but this sort of stuff is unacceptable. I couldn't get past that one district when I tried using those other skills and ended up dropping the game and uninstalling it.
>>
>>389141727
>10 INT
>100 base Tailoring

What the everloving shit do you want to craft with 210 Tailoring? You are derailed.
>>
>>389141552
Super Steel Armor plus Armor Sloping means you can go metal armor without much penalty. You can actually get it super low if you also have Nimble.
>>
>>389133551
Underrail had 2 people working on it.
>>
>>389141904
Psi monk was my first build and while early game was hell, by mid game I was obliterating everything. It's one of the most unique builds the game has to offer, I think. After, I played an AR build which made the game a breeze, and I'm debating on an SMG or sledge build next playthrough (expansion fucking when). I could also do pure psi since I didn't get to try out all the cool psi skills. What other builds should I consider? I really wish handguns were viable.
>>
>>389141904
Do you ever use any psi skills except the buff one as a monk?
I assume you still use imprint when you get it.
I can't really imagine life without locus combos.
>>
>>389142154
If you've really not tried out the other psi builds at all, you should do full psi to see how you nuke everything that way instead of punching it 10 times
>>
What´s a good build for using the crossbow? I want to get back into the game but don´t want to get fucked over about 10 hours in by a shit build
>>
>>389140186
Thanks. I usually don't go too heavy into pre-made builds, but I absolutely hate it if I get a character that gets useless after a while, especially in new systems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_a08dZB_7E
Here is the build I'm going for, I do like checking out builds, and this person have made hundres of builds for a lot of crpgs and alike.
>>
>>389141909
Nobody has proven me wrong though. You and your shitter friends submitted to my reasoning the moment you started shrieking at each other to not respond after I blew you all the fuck out.
>h-he just hasn't played the game!
>Posted an image showing I've played for 245 hours
>h-he's just wrong about this armor! it's not metal!
>Posted an image which directly proves you wrong yet again
cherry picked type of armor
>The image in question still shows you needing an enormous chunk of tailoring and it wasn't even the correct armor

And no, your second-rate dog shit character is not an enjoyable way to play the game. Sure you can play with an inferior piece of shit character but there's no reason to. You'll always be inferior to a build that has maxed out all of the crafting skills. Period.
That is the definition of awful game design.

>>389141942
Congratulations, you're the only non drone here. Good on you for pirating that shit, I'm still upset I never did on this occasion. I'll be pirating this jew devs DLC though, mark my words.
When he can create a coherent character creation in which all skills are useful and crafting isn't necessary, then I'll think about buying it.

>>389142008
>What the everloving shit do you want to craft with 210 Tailoring?
Crafting top tier armor.
>>
>>389142269
Other psi spells I meant, not psi builds
>>
>>389142310
These are a good starting point but I wouldn't at all be afraid to deviate from the core build as long as you understand which pieces of it are essential.
>>
>>389141548
>>389141702
>Is it possible?
>It's more of a problem of finding a way to use all five in a meaningful way than just having them.
I can see it on a basics Guns/Spec-ops type character, though you wouldn't have much utility.
Mechanics for weapons and armour. Electronics for an energy shield, goggles, a taser and a regenerative vest. Chemistry for throwables and Acid and Incendiary rounds. Biology for delicious, delicious drugs. Tailoring for a cool longcoat.

As far as playstyle, craft a good Assault Rifle and SMG, start with a tactical vest early-midgame and upgrade to a suit of metal armour when high-quality Super Steel becomes available and affordable. Combat is centred around Flashbanging people out of nowhere, jacking yourself up on combat stims and then bursting people to death.
>>
>>389141942
>>389142326
GAS THE DRONES
METRO WAR NOW
>>
>>389142326
>Get nearly 250 hours out of a relatively cheap game
>Be mad that you didn't pirate it
?
>>
>>389142443
Does anything really require more than 70 chem or bio?
I had 0 chemistry so I don't really know what it can do at high levels.
>>
>>389142606
It was a shit 245 hours. Most of that time was probably me leaving the game on while afk anyway.

>Can't create a character I want because crafting overshadows everything
>Piss poor amount of Stat and Skill points to spend
>Wondering why I'm mad
This garbage needs to stop.

If I can't create a simple themed character then you know there is an issue with the game.
Unique weapons should > crafted shit.
>>
>>389142247
You use all of the Psycokenesis abilities except Telekenetic Punch (which is still okay early game). Force Field is great utility and Telekenetic Proxy is yet another damage multiplier when used with Force Emission. Electrokinesis is for situations when you really need a ranged attack, plus it stuns and does okay AoE damage. Disruptive field is basically the best all purpose debuff in the game. Others are situational but still useful.

You're not a true caster though so you can't really compare it to LoC thought control builds. You are a melee face masher with some utility.
>>
>>389140913
Here you go, anon.

Here's my assault rifle build - a variation on one that a kind anon suggested to me when I first started the game. I know, it's probably far from optimal.

Assault & heavy armour
>Attributes
Strength 7, Dex 5, Agility 4, Con 6, Perception 11, Will 4, Intelligence 4. Increased Strength to 8 at the first opportunity, then put the rest of my level-up increases into Perception.
>Skills
Maxed Guns and Mechanics are the only mandatory ones. Otherwise I took Hacking, Lockpicking, Persuasion, Biology (for drugs) at max, and 30 in Throwing (for flashbangs, emp grenades and molotovs) and Stealth (for an optional quest) early game, and used spare points to increase Electronics as I moved into the mid-lategame.
>Feats
Suppressive Fire, Opportunist, Full-Auto, Commando are the critical ones.
Aimed Shot (especially early, I usually start with it), Expertise, Juggernaut and Concentrated Fire are great.

Feel free to critique/advise for being suboptimal and not having enough crafting.
>>
>>389142326

That was my first post in this thread actually. This is a pretty niche game. No one here is a drone or a shill. And it seems like the overwhelming majority enjoyed themselves without submitting to your rule to max all crafting skills. The system isn't perfect, sure, but min-maxing is inherently limiting. We all walked into this game knowing we'd have to choose carefully what to optimize, and it looks like you're the only idiot that's decided maxing 5 crafting skills is required. You've been proven wrong by virtue of the fact that people have beaten the game without maxing 5 crafting skills. No one is stopping you from enjoying the game without doing so except for you.

>and no, your second-rate dog shit character is not an enjoyable way to play the game.

Okay, yeah, so literally autistic. Got it.
>>
>>389142326
>Crafting top tier armor.

I am starting to lose count how many times have you said something that is simply not true. Starting with your idea that you can max only 7 skills when it is in fact 8, to needing equally high Tailoring and Mechanics to craft armor when it has been already proven false, and now insisting that you not only need to max them, but you need to max Intelligence as well? You don't need 210 Tailoring to craft. Not even at the end of the game. Because the quality of components will never get hight to require something remotely close to that investment.

Be honest, have you just started up the game then let it run in the background to run up the hours? Because you are getting very basic things utterly wrong.
>>
>>389142824
>can't create a character who's a master of everything, like you can in some true RPG masterpieces like Skyrim
>need to actually make choices and think about builds
>shit game, wouldn't even play
>I mean, more than the 200+ hours I already did
>>
>>389137624
>make shitty build
>IT'S THE DEVELOPERS' FAULT
>>
File: def.png (3KB, 231x190px) Image search: [Google]
def.png
3KB, 231x190px
>>389142836
I might try it if the expansion ever comes out.
>>389140990
Immortality is fun.
>>
I'm still a beginner (>tfw too many games to play), when does Neural Overload get good? Back when I asked about a psi build in the /vg/ general they assured me it's the best damage psi skill but right now throwing icicles is far better
Or Premeditation + flamethrower
>>
this game, just like DivOS, is shit
classless systems need to end
>>
>>389142310
Happy to help, anon. That looks like a good build to start with, but as >>389142410 said don't be afraid to deviate a little as you get more experienced with the game. Just make sure you know what the core of the build is.

>>389142667
>Does anything really require more than 70 chem or bio?
With a high enough Biology you can eventually craft Super Health Hypos, Regenerative syringes, and Supersoldier Drugs. It's not strictly necessary, but it's fun. Can't think of anything for a high Chemistry, but I like having it at a low level for molotovs and special bullets.
>>
>>389141904
I assume with metal is so you can pick up the feat that boosts your kinetic damage based on str?
Or is it not that big of a deal.
>>
>>389143163
>implying it matters whether you try out 10 different builds with a classless or a classful system before finally deciding what to play (and wishing you'd picked something else the whole way)
>>
>>389143143
We have told you it's not the best in terms of raw power, but because of its other attributes. Neural Overload is completely silent so it can be used for stealth kills, it bypasses every shield and armor, it deals extra damage to those enemies with high Intelligence, and it can kill Doppelgangers.
>>
File: 1478264205593[1].png (102KB, 583x603px) Image search: [Google]
1478264205593[1].png
102KB, 583x603px
>>389136485
play the best build
>>
>>389143346
So it gets good once I mainly go up against asshole enemies using shields and such, got it
I like that you don't have to put points to level up abilities, otherwise my Overload would be trailing by the time I got there
>>
>>389142326
you're retarded, unless you cheated there's no way you'd acquire crafting shit with enough quality to require a 180+ skill investment, and even them you could just chug some junkyard surprise and use crafting stations on your core city house
dont bother levelling lockpicking and hacking after 100-120, nothing in the game has lockpicking and hacking checks above 120, except a empty boss on DC that has a 120 lockpicking check
you dont need to level biology all the way up, having it on 80 is good enough for the best drugs (bullhead, aegis and focus stim)
>>
>>389143436
It also allows you to rape the final boss without having to jump through all the hoops other characters do because he has something like 80% resist all+regen.
>>
File: 125643745745745.png (250KB, 817x560px) Image search: [Google]
125643745745745.png
250KB, 817x560px
>>389142962
>No one here is a drone or a shill.
>He says as he proceeds to damage control and act like a drone and a shill
Hmm, really makes me think...
> And it seems like the overwhelming majority enjoyed themselves without submitting to your rule to max all crafting skills
>Overwhelming majority
>20ish posters
Wow, incredible. A bunch of shitters who no doubt play on normal mode with their second rate garbage builds.
>The system isn't perfect, sure, but min-maxing is inherently limiting.
Nice PR talk. Min-maxing is not inherently limiting at all though.
>You've been proven wrong by virtue of the fact that people have beaten the game without maxing 5 crafting skills.
And so have I. Doesn't change the fact that doing so that way was a completely inferior way to play which doesn't even remotely compare to how overpowered maxing crafting is.
The only thing you've proven here is that you're a pathetic drone that cannot refute anything I've said, but I'll be here all day to continue proving you and your fellow drones wrong.
>Okay, yeah, so literally autistic. Got it.
Aka
>"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah noooooo stop blowing me the fuck out I want to eat the shit from the devs asshole noooo"
Pitiful tbqhwy.

>>389142984
M8 I have beaten the game on hard mode numerous times. It's piss easy.
You have not once been able to refute me that maxing crafting is essential for creating an optimal character.
You've been blown the fuck out every time you've tried and I've easily refuted your easily provable wrong garbage.

>>389143051
>>need to actually make choices and think about builds
There is no choice.
It's hilarious. No matter how much you argue, you cannot get around the fact that 5 of your very limited number of maxed skills have to be all of the crafting skills or you're purposefully gimping yourself.
The other has to be some form of offensive skill. You're left with no 'choice' at all, my asshurt friend.

So when is somebody going to do the impossible and prove me wrong?
>>
>>389142875
Drop Dex, Agility, and Will down to 3. Throwing doesn't have to go higher than 20 or so, and stealth is worthless on a metal armor character.
>>
>>389143335
it matters
I'd like for classless system games to at least let me label a character so I can remember their "build".
>>
>>389143895
use your character name :)
>>
>>389143369
>ZERO electronics

No thank you.
>>
>>389143895
What, because you come back after a long time or because you make 5 characters at once?
>>
>>389143697
So how come you don't even know how many skills can you max? For someone who finished the game numerous times you were very adamant about that 7.
>>
File: 1526347474575.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1526347474575.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>389144009
>Last played 15/04/2017
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I haven't played in quite a while?
Also if I checked the date of my last actual save in game rather than on my steam page I'd bet it's even further back than that by quite some time.
>>
>>389143829
All good advice, thanks anon. Personally I didn't want to carry the malus from attributes, stealth is for the rescue from the Junkyard embassy, good point about the throwing.

I was happy with it being slightly suboptimal.
>>
>>389144317
You can do that spoiler without stealth. It just requires the right timing and a lot of patience.
>>
>>389144256
If your memory is so bad that you can't even remember the skillset of the build you allegedly played, how do you expect to be taken seriously on anything else?
>>
>>389144317
>the rescue from the Junkyard embassy
I killed everyone without any repercussions.
>>
File: 12542536464745745.gif (927KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
12542536464745745.gif
927KB, 250x230px
>>389144410
>Gets blown the fuck out over and over again
>Still trying to dance around it with every post
The absolute state of casual shitters.
Not remembering such an irrelevant thing about some dog shit game I played way back when is not going to save you, princess.
>>
>>389144256
>>389143697
>beaten it numerous times
>doesn't remember essential details
So you were alt-tabbed the whole time, after all.
>>
>>389144675
Imbecile.
>>
>>389144675
But it's a hardkór game for hardcore oldschool player like me! INCLINE!
>>
>that one retard in the whole thread that throws a tantrum because he can't create God unless he cheats
>>
If anyone wanted that psy monk build I was talking about earlier, I put it on pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/9Dcp8Ynw

Early game you scrape by with leather armor and shit HP, but once you get Super Steel Armor with a Sturdy Vest along with Nimble and Armor Sloping you're really tanky. You utilize every form of defense in the game to decent effect.
>>
File: 125235346457457.jpg (65KB, 318x364px) Image search: [Google]
125235346457457.jpg
65KB, 318x364px
>>389144728
>essential
>some random stat shit at the start
What did he mean by this?
>So you were alt-tabbed the whole time, after all.
Considering how pitifully easy the game was, I could have been.
Thanks for making crafting so gamebreakingly overpowered, my shitty dev friend!
I didn't want to have to put any thought into my play either.

>>389144740
Crying little worm.

>>389144752
If only that were the case. Any good isometric game worth their shit has a character creation that isn't dog shit.
>Let's just make crafting absolutely dwarf everything else
>Woooow everybody picks crafting and says they're pigeonholed into it, why is this happening? Nooooo

>>389144902
>That one guy that gets crucified in a debate and then can't even respond back out of pure fear.
Loving every laugh.

This games character creation is fucking awful. Look at how many people give a shit about this game. We're hours into the thread with 33 IPs. Most of which are shills and drones who reset their IP's so they can add more IP's to the list too after I pointed it out before.

How are you guys ever going to recover?
You cannot create a single themed character in this game. It is pitiful.
>>
Arguing about your fucboi armors is nice and all but can you beat Carnifex?
>>
>>389145035
>3 CON
>as melee

dude what
>>
>>389143369
Huh. Tell me more anon. I always wanted to play a build with maxed out evasion and dodge.
>>
>>389145116
Imbecile.
>>
>>389145116
>You cannot create a single themed character in this game. It is pitiful.
Name a build you have in mind. If nobody can make a viable character using said build, I'll believe the shit you are spewing. Fair?
>>
>>389145228
CON is actually pretty shit on Hard mode. You end up getting way more health from a high quality Sturdy Vest in Metal Armor.
>>
>>389145035
I thought you were getting 3 str and 7 con while dodge tanking with leather armor.
>>
>>389145321
He already did that long ago. His "sledgehammer" build needs maxed chemsitry for traps and explosives, apparently >>389137624
Just stop trying to discuss his bait
>>
>>389145321
by "themed" build he means he wants every fucking thing maxed to sate his autism.
>>
I was having a blast with underrail as a psion, got past depot A or whatever that place is called near the beginning and then I ran into these guys with grenades. There are 3 or 4 of them, somewhat spread out and EVEN if I kill 3 of them in the first turn as soon as one of them gets a free turn they throw a grenade at me and 1 hit me. No matter what I do I get 1 hit by a grenade. I'm really not sure what to do in this situation.
>>
>>389145430
Honestly I originally thought he was just shitposting to get discussion started but it's become pathetic at this point.
>>
Is there a viable build to go full kenshiro?
>>
>>389145641
You can use psi to punch more. Just ctrl+f "monk" ITT
>>
>>389145392
Nah, STR actually ends up giving you more Health in the long run than CON for this reason >>389145328

Super Steel Armor has much lower Armor penalty than other kinds of metal armor, combine it with armor sloping and nimbleness and you're well under 20% armor penalty. You can't reliably dodge everything on Hard mode even as a dedicated build so it's better to have a mix of defenses.

>>389145641
Just posted one >>389145035
>>
File: 12532634745754756.jpg (5KB, 130x148px) Image search: [Google]
12532634745754756.jpg
5KB, 130x148px
>>389145307
Crying little worm.

>>389145321
>If nobody can make a viable character using said build
There is a ridiculous amount of themed builds that are overshadowed due to the need for having every crafting skill maxed.
I've already named one, but I'll name another since I can do this all day.
A stealthy edgelord knife wielding character.
Knock yourself out, I've already proposed this build a while back and nobody could make it work without leaving out key stats and skills and gimping it completely.

>>389145598
Wrong, I want every skill that makes sense.
A nimble knife wielder for example would need dodge, evasion, melee, lockpicking and hacking at bare minimum. As well as all 5 crafting skills, naturally, since the unique knives are garbage compared to a good electric knife.
>>
>Make a high health heavy armor assault rifle build
>enemy always gets their turns first
>they light me up for 1 or 2 damage a hit if they're lucky
>my turn comes
>dump like 12 rifle rounds into a group of them
holy fuck this is satisfying
it feels sort of brainless though, can anyone suggest a more 'involved' build I guess? I'm really awful at making my own builds so I usually just go for ones that other people made
>>
>>389145634
It's Steam forums levels of retardation, but complete nonsense has to be proven wrong. One time. Now we are just going in circles so it's better to end it..
>>
>>389145717
Imbecile.
>>
File: 125425347457458568.png (1MB, 728x766px) Image search: [Google]
125425347457458568.png
1MB, 728x766px
>>389145836
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389145035
Why stop at 15 DEX?
>>
Sunk about 5 hours into UnderRail. The biggest problem is it's a modern game that has absolutely no new tricks. Is it "better" than Fallout? Sure, but that's not particularly impressive. Story isn't really interesting, mechanics are better but still cookie cutter.

Are modern cars better than old cars? Who cares? What matters is if a modern car is better than other modern cars.
>>
>>389145932
Read this table
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dexterity
Leather Combat gloves have a base AP cost of 12. 15 and 16 DEX give the same result, which is 7 AP. Then you add Lightning Punches and Tabi to make it 4, which is the hard capped minimum AP any action can have.
>>
>>389145717
https://youtu.be/d8Dk8qndTu4 One of the most popular builds
>>
>>389145928
Imbecile.
>>
>>389145769
Anything with psi is going to involve you juggling the tactical use of a bunch of different abilities.
>>
>>389145035
I haven´t played the game in a while but when the crafting skills says up to what´s needed, is there numbers for that or is it just dump points into it when you come across something you more points into it for?
>>
I played Underrail early this year, have there been any big new content updates? I'd like to know if I need to update the torrent I got
>>
>>389146095
Just put points into the ones you want every levelup
On your second playthrough (or now if you don't care about spoilers) you can look up what armors and weapons you want ahead of time
>>
>>389146116
Last big update was back in December, so if you got the latest version when you played it then no.
>>
File: 765376537.gif (1MB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
765376537.gif
1MB, 300x232px
>playing a mage
>still very early in game
>feel like it's pretty boring just hitting shit with that weak ass spell you start with
>get the fireball spell
>throw it into a big ass group of rathounds
>FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, BURNING, BURNING. BURNING, BURNING
>>
File: 15236374574558.jpg (23KB, 359x364px) Image search: [Google]
15236374574558.jpg
23KB, 359x364px
>>389146050
>No biology
>No electronics
Not viable. Not themed.
>Can't make electric knives
>Can't make cloaking devices
>Can't use meds on a melee build (kek)
>Can't use poisons on an assassin

Why even bother at this point?

>>389146058
Crying little worm.

>>389146116
Update isn't out yet. I'll upload the pirated version of the DLC as soon as it does though, don't worry.
>>
File: 1459562762463.gif (495KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1459562762463.gif
495KB, 500x281px
>>389145187
I killed him in two turns(so I could pick his loot), pistol build with high initiative is great for situations like this.
>>
>>389146095
That part is tricky, it basically relies on previous knowledge of the game. If you plan ahead and know what you want to craft or unlock then you know how much to pump that stat. You don't need to totally max any of those, but Mechanics and Tailoring need to be very high for the super high quality stuff endgame.
>>
>>389143369
>dodge and evasion
I thought you were only supposed to pick one?
>>
>>389146067
but I won't be able to tank everything anymore will I :(
>>
>people hype this game as an old-school Black Isle/Troika RPG
>put lots of points on talking/trading, just to get a useless gimped character
>cooldown-based combat means that every fight is more or less the same
>due to the focus on crafting 90% of the loot is fucking [literal] trash
>backtracking backtracking backtracking backtracking backtracking backtracking
>can't remain allied with the Mormons
>that big shitfest that is the last area
>the game is extremely linear, making replaying it more of a chore than anything fun
>>
>>389146095
>>389146263
You can probably get by with 40 in just about every skill that you are not specializing in and dump points into it later as needed.
>>
File: 1235236534745754.png (95KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
1235236534745754.png
95KB, 300x288px
>>389146231
>>389146050
Oh and I forgot.
>No dodge
>No evasion
Nice "assassin" character you have there.
Literally missing the majority of the nimble assassin-like skills.
Woah.
Truly the worst character creation ever invented.

>>389146335
Preach it mate. Game is fucking garbage. These threads are just filled with the most pathetic drones imaginable.
>>
>>389145187
>ROOTED
>0
>0
>0
>0
>0
Is that all you got old man?
>>
>>389146335
You have fair points but it's still fun.
>>
>>389146335
I wouldnt call it
>EXTREMELY
linear
>>
>>389146268
Nah, you don't even necessarily need either of those depending on your build. I usually go with high evasion and moderate dodge though, but that's because I like high mobility so melee is not all that often a threat.
>>
>>389146335
>people hype this game as an old-school Black Isle/Troika RPG
I've never seen this game hyped like this
I've pretty much always seen it described as fallout with somewhat weak story/dialogue.

Underrail is for people who like character building and experimenting with different builds. Also I don't see how anyone could complain about the crafting system because it's absolutely competent and imo it's fun.
>>
>>389146231
He said you can put more into intelligence, which you clearly want since you have a hardon for crafting
He also said later on you will put points into electronics
>>Can't use meds on a melee build (kek)
Yeah it's stealthy
I don't know why spend so much effort on this shitpost. You can't ask to be disproven about your claims of needing all the crafting skills, then say the build is bad because it doesn't use all the crafting skills
Circular logic doesn't make sense even internally in a shitpost that does not acknowledge logic
>>
>>389146309
Not sure how you would come to that conclusion.
>>
*Blocks your path*
>>
>>389146484
I blame the obnoxious "do I fite yet?" mentality. Everyone wants to be some hipster true gamer, so any garbage is good enough as long as it's obscure indie trash.
>>
>>389146230
wait until you get a psi that ignites you and makes you a walking fire-spreading torch
>>
>>389146335
>not a new IP
>immediately praised by our resident shitposter
hmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
I got into Core City and dropped the game. I had the best gear and nothing to spend my money on. The combat is fun but the encounters aren't balanced at all - they're either too easy or too fucking hard with things permastunning you and critting yo ass. There was also no story or at least the pacing was dogshit. I say Fallout is still kangz of western RPG.
>>
File: anders breivik.jpg (2MB, 3471x2362px) Image search: [Google]
anders breivik.jpg
2MB, 3471x2362px
>all these people taking the most obvious b8 in the world
Come on guys. Have a little self-respect.
>>
File: 1254346436446.gif (2MB, 490x524px) Image search: [Google]
1254346436446.gif
2MB, 490x524px
>>389146567
His build doesn't disprove anything though. All of his builds are garbage designed for normal difficulty.
Crafting overshadows everything and thus pigeonholes you into going that route.

That fuccbois 'assassin' build doesn't even have any points in dodge and evasion lmao.
There's nothing assassin-like about it. He missed out on, at minimum, 4 core skills.
>Yeah it's stealthy
It's still melee and melee characters want drugs. No exceptions.
Even disregarding that, biology is needed for the various poisons.

>>389146798
>not a new IP
It is though.
>Newfag doesn't even use 4chanX
>Is also a drone that damage controls for his literal who dev overlord
Really makes me think
>>
>>389143697
"It's impossible to prove me wrong"

People already have. You're just saying they haven't. I'm not surprised you maxed all dem crafting skills since you seem to be wearing some really high level armor OF FUCKING DENIAL.
>>
>>389146230
>too young to see the wonders of locusrage
>>
>>389146945
>It is though.
>>Newfag doesn't even use 4chanX
I actually do you fucking retard
I'm currently physically laughing out loud at the brazenness of your lies
>>389147032
Oh look a new IP, bet you're claiming this isn't a new one
>>
>>389146906
This.

He's injected over two hundred hours into the game. he obviously likes it he's just being a nigger.
>>
>>389133551
>suggesting that some game literally no one has played outside of /v/ is better than the absolute classic RPGs that Black Isle made

Kill yourself.
>>
>>389146535
Regardless of that the inclusion of talking/trading is really inexcusable. The moment you present them as build options to the player is the moment you promise him that they'd be somewhat viable. As they are they are trap options you need meta-gaming to know (for sure) to avoid.

>Also I don't see how anyone could complain about the crafting system because it's absolutely competent and imo it's fun.
As I said before it lead to have the game's loot filled with items that do nothing until they are crafted (and even then you need to have the skills to do so), making the whole process of looting very unsatisfying.
>>
hey, it's the same fucktard who was shitposting in la-mulana/metroidvania threads, just filter all his reaction images and move in, he's clinically retarded
>>
Do you believe in legend of the two-headed mutant?
>>
>>389147063
You're in so much denial you're now claiming i'm the same guy.

Holy shit like that's some incredible feat of ignorance.
>>
>>389147121
And come on, he's avatar fagging with smug animu girls. But I guess it's the nature of 4chan for newfags to take obvious b8.
>>
File: 1498358404605.jpg (13KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1498358404605.jpg
13KB, 407x482px
trapping + stealth is the best playstyle

my face when laying 3 lines of bear/chemical traps, chucking a couple of crawler caltrops for free mass stuns, getting the attention of the enemy, then only coming out of cover a few times to chuck molotovs and gas grenades
>>
>>389146335
If you did any research on the game before you bought it you'd have learned that the game's focus is not on dialogue but on combat and exploration. My main complaints with the game were, like you said, the backtracking and the fact that so many of the environments looked so similar.

That said, if you ask me Underrail is easily one of the best crpgs to come out in a long time. I can see how you disliked it because you expected something different but I don't really feel that you can call it a bad game.

What recent crpgs would you recommend if you disliked Underrail so much? Personally, I liked Div:OS but I really disliked how it had companions that you could barely interact with at all.
>>
File: IMG_1521.jpg (101KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
101KB, 534x820px
Managed to finish the game with this rather poor build, only thing that saved me was being able to craft really good rifles
>>
>>389147159
Yeah, about three of us here have found him.
>>
>>389147282
Not that guy and I don't know what you consider recent but Age of Decadence if you want to go to the other extreme and have a fully dialog focused game
>>
>>389147262
Nah most of the time people are just making them dance.

It's quite fun too see them waste their time trying to spin lies at false anger.

Niggers gonna nig nog.
>>
>>389147127
I enjoyed looting a lot of the shit because I would just dismantle everything but what was the most valuable equipment, use the materials I got from dismantling the absolute shit and make repair kits which I would use to repair the gear that was most valuable and sell it for much more than it was originally worth. I found that to be pretty satisfying.
>>
>>389147032
>People already have. You're just saying they haven't. I'm not surprised you maxed all dem crafting skills since you seem to be wearing some really high level armor OF FUCKING DENIAL.
Tip top kek, nobody has done anything of the sort.
>You will never be SEETHING mad to this extent because your shitty damage control got blown wide open by somebody who has more knowledge than you and your cheerleader drones
Loving every laugh tbqhwy.

>>389147063
Pic related
Hmm, what does this mean I wonder?
Fuck out of here newfag. You got destroyed in our debate and you still get destroyed with each new post you make.
I hope your failed dev is not paying you for looking this pathetic.
>>
I remember seeing a screenshot of some guy that turned himself into a mutant somehow.
Is that a real thing that can happen?
>>
>>389133551
Underrail is good, but not that good. The story isn't as well fleshed out, it's kinda random at the end and doesn't explain shit.

Are we on earth or another planet? What year is it? How come no one remembers the surface or knows a single thing about it, when some cyborg dudes live really long? Are those dudes aliens? Did aliens destroy the surface?

The thing that makes the most sense is Scientology worshiping a shoggoth.
>>
>>389147432
AoD's combat is quite fun too, actually.
>>
File: 1396692444033.png (270KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
1396692444033.png
270KB, 400x473px
>>389147263
Amount of crowd control abilities in this game is through the fucking roof, both psi and non-psi.
>there's a room full of enemies
>throw a gas grenade
>enrage the fuckers
>seal the only exit with a psi wall
>in 4 turns there's only one man standing and he has a big-ass defence debuff so you just melt him
>>
>>389147449
>He thinks i'm that invested over a sarcastic post.

The amount of picture your painting is actually adorable. You must do this a hell of a lot.
>>
>>389147432
I feel like a bitch for saying this but I just couldn't get into AoD because of the graphics. I'd rather have these shit tier indie pixel graphics than the muddy mess that was AoD graphically. There were some scenes which I thought were absolutely beautiful but overall I couldn't stand the way the game looked.
>>
>Retards can't even tell he's falseflagging
>Retards think somebody would invest 240+ hours into a game and not like it
Reddit is truly among us.
Use your head for once you idiots.
>>
>>389147464
Yep.
>>
>>389147464
yes, you can get fucked on a last protectorate mission and it's ugly
it's basically a thinly veiled game over except you can still move around
>>
>>389147449
"More knowledge than you and your seething drones"

You know half the people in here aren't actually as annoyed as you're making them out to be? Like it's pretty obvious you're just saying that to yourself to excuse all the autism you're producing.

In trying to make others mad, you yourself have become the most invested in this entire shitstorm.

Quite poetic really.
>>
>>389147507
I think so too but it's not the focus and most people dislike it anyway
Have you played that dungeon-crawling game based on the combat system? I keep meaning to check it out but forgetting every time
>>389147559
Absolutely fair enough, because they went with 3D it looks like an early 2000s RTS game that couldn't afford an artist for the models
>>
>>389147653
So you can't play the rest of the game as an abomination?
>>
>>389147559
Nah, that's a legit reason to dislike it, I found it really hard to get over it as well and I fucking love the game. Kept wishing at least the camera was fixed, but then it became apparent it wouldn't work very well.
>>
>>389147737
you can't finish it because everyone aggros at you
>>
>make a guns speech build like muh fallouts
>get to that guy hanging out in one of the bunkers i'm supposed to turn on
>turns out i need to intimidate him not persuade
>get into a fight
>remember that rathounds are afraid of fire
>lob a molotov at him and hope it hits the hounds
>he gets engulfed in flame and starts screaming
>rathounds run away while he burns to death
IT DIDN'T HAVE TO END LIKE THIS OLD MAN
>>
>>389147737
Everyone will try to kill you on sight, so no. You can still level up and increase your skills to wipe out the whole, well mostly whole, world as an acid-vomiting abomination.
>>
>everyone playing psi characters
>I always play caster characters so I decided to roleplay my friends dad, as he's the only one who I can imagine living in Underrail
>made him an assault rifle specialist that knows computers and mechanics (he's an electrician and sometimes does simple computer repairs)
>by the end of the game I could murder so many people in one turn it was redicilous, the only enemy that gave me trouble was the last boss, only because I was too dumb and impatient to fiddle with the puzzle to weaken him.
>>
File: 15215346347457457.jpg (149KB, 380x680px) Image search: [Google]
15215346347457457.jpg
149KB, 380x680px
>>389147530
>He thinks i'm that invested over a sarcastic post.
>He thinks I'm being sarcastic
Umm, sweetie, no. I know this is painful for you, but the game really is trash.
I've manhandled everybody in this thread with ease and nobody can refute my air tight facts.
Nobody has provided a themed assassin character build that can take all of the skills that make sense.
>You must do this a hell of a lot.
I do I do. Educating the low IQ masses on /v/ is my specialty and I've become exceedingly proficient at it.

>>389147663
>You know half the people in here aren't actually as annoyed as you're making them out to be? Like it's pretty obvious you're just saying that to yourself to excuse all the autism you're producing.
Aka
>"n-n-n-n-n-n-nobody is even mad, w-we're just damage controlling hard and getting blown the fuck out as a j-joke h-haha!"
Come on now my little nigger, you aren't fooling anybody with those tear filled posts.

>In trying to make others mad, you yourself have become the most invested in this entire shitstorm.
People who aren't invested in something do not rush to mindlessly defend garbage games, princess.
>>
>>389147928
Pahahahha that's actually beautifull
>>
>>389147928
>try to talk some sense into the guy
>can't be done, him and his rathounds kill me good
>reload
>stealth in
>drop a fireball on them
>laugh and laugh and laugh
>>
>>389148018
>he's still painting a picture to make himself feel better about being that invested.
>Doesn't realized I posted to him once and then he fully fledged paranoia claimed I had a new I.P
>Claims he's educating the masses by autistically screeching about videogames

Okay snowflake whatever helps you sleep at night. You're like a fully fledged autistic picasso. And the best thing to do is just to leave you to seethe at your desk.
>>
>>389147282
>bought
LOL
>research
I don't want to get spoiled, so I just avoid discussion of the games I'm playing. The only things I knew, is that it was supposedly great cRPG (read not dungeon crawler)
>the game's focus is not on dialogue
The moment you implement 3 whole skills to this aspect of the game is the moment you signal that in fact this might be an important aspect of the game. That a build built around that part of the game might be viable.
>>
>>389147719
>Have you played that dungeon-crawling game based on the combat system?

Only about halfway through, then lack of time forced me to shelve it. I still want to finish it, but I can barely remember how I was planning to build my party, so I'll probably have to restart.

The game is really good though. Resource management is more punishing than in AoD and the whole game is basically a more or less linear gauntlet of combat encounters with some optional and some that change depending on how you performed before, but I knew what I was getting so I loved every minute.
>>
>this build is REQUIRED
>Except I beat the game without it
>but that doesn't count because those builds are dogshit
>sure, other people beat the game and had fun with suboptimal builds, even on the hardest difficulties, but these people are WRONG

Jesus how can one person be this much of an autismo. Even if I were to concede that your build is the best possible in the game, that doesn't mean I can't have fun with a dozen other builds that can also beat the game on the hardest difficulty. I just don't understand how you can't get this through your thick skull. You're already back pedaling from "this build is required" to "all other builds are inferior and everyone who doesn't do my build is a shitter".

You're fucking wrong. Get over it. Your way to play is not the only way to play.
>>
>>389147526
it's especially nice against non-human enemies who are too retarded to open doors. just sit on the other side reading this huge scrolling damage log of niggas getting blasted while you do nothing
>>
>>389148412
I'm assuming it's harder as well? Cause IIRC in AoD cause combat wasn't too much of a focus, any 100% combat character would just absolutely destroy anything
>>
Anyone who likes RPGs but disliked this one is a fagosexual and a mentalist. Best game of 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Never did I have more fun exploring caves in a game.
>>
>>389148331
I don't disagree with this. The game's social skills leave a lot to be desire if you prefer genuine role playing. But for anyone who prefers combat builds it's got a lot to offer.
>>
Fuck I want to play through underrail again but the expansion is still coming. Is there a release date for it yet?
I held off on playing it back in january because people said the expansion would be out soon but it's still not even here.
>>
>>389148665
Sounds like Fallout
>>
>>389148598
Being able to finish the beginning section of the game and opening up the rest of the rail is considered a trial for how skilled you are at playing and creating a character.
>>
File: 152653474374574.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
152653474374574.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>389148171
>Doesn't realized I posted to him once and then he fully fledged paranoia claimed I had a new I.P
Post where I said that, princess.
I can blow you the fuck out all day with ease. I never claimed anything of the sort :)
>Claims he's educating the masses by autistically screeching about videogames
>Implying I'm not educating you and your cheerleaders right now
You've been getting educated this entire time. I know you children hate the thought of learning but somebody has to teach you sheep these necessary things.
>And the best thing to do is just to leave you to seethe at your desk.
And there it is.
>Gets destroyed
>Says a cringe worthy one liner before running away
The newfag specialty, I love it.

Get good why play lmao?
>>
>>389133551

What are a few solid builds that I can try In underrail? I want to start a game but I'm always scared of making a shitty character at the start
>>
>>389148776
>opening up the rest of the rail
We were talking about Dungeon Rats compared to AoD
>>
>>389148770
In fallout you can at least get some companions to try and carry you through combat. In Underrail you're completely solo so you're pretty fucked.

I actually really prefer playing through these types of games with a solo character as opposed to a whole party. I like having companions but only if there's a lot of companion interaction and dialogue. Too many games give you companions that you can just treat like utility skill dumps to follow you around and do nothing otherwise.
>>
>>389148598
Much harder, yeah. In AoD sometimes you got someone with poison, or nets, very rarely some bolas near the end of the game, but DR is bombs, poison, bombs, acid, liquid fire, bombs 24/7. Also less possibility for classic kiting, since your battlefield is restricted. But melee party members can help with that.
>>
Memes aside, how much points in crafting skills do you need exactly?
Is this >>389141468 enough?
>>
>>389148634
I love the setting and feel. everywhere you go there are lowlife scavengers in black leather trenchcoats trying to stab you. the early game hobo phase never ends, I'm right near the end and instead of the game mechanics all being trashed in favour of everyone wearing stupid metal armour with 100% accuracy rape guns like in most games, I'm still here dressed like a gay punk dropping bear traps everywhere, carrying around a massive stash of bottles and rags to make more molotovs out of

>>389148665
>genuine role playing
you sound like an arsehole
>>
>>389149023
Max all 5 for optimal play.
Anything less is second-rate, inferior garbage.
>>
>>389148903
I've played using some of this guy's builds and had a lot of fun, I've tried the psion and the juggernaut one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKIoIrGw0o&index=37&list=PL4UqltmSKaEeXDKyLU1VduPd9beRw47AD
>>
>>389148726
>Is there a release date for it yet?

Nope. We are guessing early next year, but we genuinely don't know. Could be sooner, could be later.
>>
>>389148903
Check the thread, a multitude have been posted
I understand it's very imposing to just commit to a few skills but you'll be fine as long as you don't wanna be a jack of all trades. So don't start a gun palythrough and then after 3 hours decide you'd rather go with psi
Pick a weapon discipline you wanna use and always max that
Keep up your crafting skills as you go, focusing on putting a few points in the ones that you need for the equipment you find and wanna use
Stealth is always a good investment, even if it's too low to use during combat, walking around stealthed lets you get the first hit regardles of initaitive
>>
>>389148726
dev log didn't specify when, but it looks almost finished
>>
>>389149023
That depends entirely on your build. What are you trying to play?
>>
File: Fallout3.jpg (193KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout3.jpg
193KB, 1000x667px
How in the world did anyone like this piece of shit game?
It has nothing to do with what Fallout was supposed to be.
It honestly is just some elder scrolls reskin and it sucks balls

>one of the worst combat systems I have ever seen
>boring story, they couldn't come up with anything oirignal and screwed up the lore
>world building is absolute garbage "Build a town around a nuke, why not?"
>much much more

So, tell me /v/, what is the appeal of this?
>>
>>389149397
There's none.
>>
File: 12553463475476547856.jpg (83KB, 926x693px) Image search: [Google]
12553463475476547856.jpg
83KB, 926x693px
>>389148726
The expansion looks like shit though.
>Shitty small isolated area
>Copy pasted enemies
>Jet skis (lmao)
>Garbage 'new' skills
>New weapons unavailable outside of the 'new' area
Only thing that looks remotely interesting is shotguns as well.
What a shame.
>>
>>389149397
Same thing that happened to Skyrim on a smaller scale
People who never touched the series before and didn't know shit about RPGs loved it because OMG THAT EXPLORATION I CAN GO ANYWHERE AND DO ANYTHING
>>
>>389149380
Pistol focused character without psy with low penalty tactical vest.
>>
>>389149397
I agree that FO3 is trash but it was a time where Bethesda's RPG formula was still fresh to most people and appealing to casuals.

I can't believe that in FO4 you STILL need loading screens to go in houses and you can't even look out the windows.
>>
>>389149397
post apocalypse and retro futuristic americana.
>>
File: 1485561361781.png (189KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1485561361781.png
189KB, 1280x1122px
>>389137004
This is why I don't like these type of games. I really don't have the time to make a junk character play the game and learn all the stats so I can reroll with a proper character in a second run
>>
I'd like to replay and try some new builds but I really don't wanna walk across the entire Underrail again with that walk speed
Why didn't they just include a run stance?
>>
>>389149642
This is why I just google builds that some nerd with the time to min/max everything already figured out.
>>
>>389149632
>need loading screens to go in houses and you can't even look out the windows.
Yep because that's the most important part of an RPG right? Fucking grafixfags ruining the industry
>>
>>389149501
Imbecile.
>>
>>389149825
Oh you're right sorry, Fallout 4's focus was on the great gameplay and dialogue, they didn't put any effort into the graphics at all so they're not even worth discussing.
>>
File: 1253264745856.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1253264745856.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>389149908
Crying little worm.
>>
are there any jrpgs with good combat?
>>
>>389138379
Lords of Xulima could be so great if it wasn't ugly as FUCK and had a better UI.
>>
>>389150101
plenty
>>
>>389150003
Imbecile.
>>
>>389150254
which ones can I get for PC?
>>
>>389150116
The level gating in that was so goddamn weird
It might as well have been completely linear considering that the game only ever gives you one exact path where the enemies aren't impossibly high-leveled. It did feel real good to finally fuck up all those mushrooms in that field you had to navigate through earlier though
I think I got stuck on the Beholder fight last time, should start again with a different party
>>
File: 15263464754856.jpg (25KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
15263464754856.jpg
25KB, 460x276px
>>389150259
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389150281
Well you could fire up a gamecube/ps2 emulator and have a nice selection.
Jrpg is pretty vague though. Real time, turn based, arpg, srpg?
You want character customization or no?
How much japshit can you handle?
>>
>>389149621
I would get your effective mechanics somewhere around 130~150, that is including INT bonuses and a 15% bonus from workbench. For already very solid crafted shields effective 100 electronics is already enough, but you can go higher if you have the points to spare. Ignore chemistry, If you are going to build for critical hits, effective 50 biology for focus stims help. If you won't have any other protection against stuns, effective 80 for bullhead. Tailoring also around or slightly above effective 100.
>>
I see a lot of people talk about stealth builds in Underrail but the one time I tried using stealth I didn't really enjoy it. Are stealth builds really any fun? Do you just avoid all combat?
>>
>>389150378
Imbecile.
>>
>>389150673
>avoid all combat
no, you use stealth to scout around and place traps and shit
>>
File: 15264375474574.png (300KB, 599x388px) Image search: [Google]
15264375474574.png
300KB, 599x388px
>>389150673
Most skills aren't viable minus crafting, offense and psi related builds. Picking anything other than those gimps your character completely.

>>389150759
Crying little worm.
I can practically smell the third world on you.
>>
>>389150608
Hahahaha, woah there pal. You better not be telling him not to max every crafting skill, which is the One True Build. You're not a heretic, are you?
>>
>>389150673
Stealth isn't for avoiding combat, it's for rigging the game
plan out how you're taking the enemy down, start in the most optimal position, plant traps to funnel them into etc
>>
>>389150598
I love srpgs and turn based a lot, not sure how I feel about real time or arpgs. character customization I don't really care one way or the other and the same with the japshit.
I basically just can't think of any new rpgs to play and I've never really touched jrpgs.
>>
>>389150836
>>389150759
>>389150378
>>389150259
>>389150003
>>389149908
when are you two just going to fuck already?
>>
>>389149397
You people are full of shit. When it came out, I had a metric fuckton of fun with it. Thank fuck I'm only mildly autistic and can play games pretty normally.
>>
>>389150889
>I basically just can't think of any new rpgs to play
Have you not played Divinity 2
>>
>>389140990
Name one (1) RPG where Evade/Dodge is anywhere near as good as straight armor.
>>
>>389149621
>>389150608
Oh wait, I forgot. Some special pistol bullets have chemistry requirement now. It's very low though, just effective 15. And chemistry has synergy with biology, so depending on your Int and bio you will only need to put about 6-10 points in. For this one I'm obviously not counting workbence since you'll want to use them earlier than that.
>>
>>389151021
Waiting for it to release. You can still only play the first act right?
>>
File: 124362634785686.jpg (58KB, 602x731px) Image search: [Google]
124362634785686.jpg
58KB, 602x731px
>>389150982
Never, because he's an asshurt shitskin in full damage control.
>>
>>389150608
I just have only 5 levels left, few of them I'll get after the point of no return.
Getting 100 in tailoring would require to spend half of the points on it. It's too late, better to stick to my 22%/9 vest with 15% penalty, maybe I'll found something better later.
>>
File: Divinity_2_cover.jpg (23KB, 256x317px) Image search: [Google]
Divinity_2_cover.jpg
23KB, 256x317px
>>389151110
Haha okay I see how that might have been confusing, my bad
You said you can't think of new games so I just suggested an old one that you might not have played
Divinity 2, not DivOS 2
>>
>>389150836
Imbecile.
>>
>>389151030
Neverwinter nights.
>>
File: 1253236547854856.gif (443KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1253236547854856.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>389151281
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389151217
Oh lol, I'll check it out thanks
>>
>>389151030
Do action RPGs count?
If not, every single sRPG ever made
>>
>>389147282
>Personally, I liked Div:OS but I really disliked how it had companions that you could barely interact with at all.

Pick Jahan and Madora, those two talk all the time and are coincidentally the best combat companions too.
>>
File: Banana man my life.jpg (100KB, 459x750px) Image search: [Google]
Banana man my life.jpg
100KB, 459x750px
>>389145717
>pic related is you

You dont need all 5 crafting skills. And if you REALLY want to go melee nimble knife man you only need electronics and mechanics, leaving you plenty of skillpoints for other things.

But you are just trolling for (you)s so here is one more. Also:
>post autistic character picture
>make autistic statements
>get proven wrong
>throw tanthrum
>"Gee, everybody calls me wrong, faggot and an autismo, better rage at them some more to prove I'm right and they are wrong!"

I have two pieces of advice for you:
1 : git gud
2 : git fucked. Really blows off steam
>>
>>389151360
Imbecile.
>>
I finished the game without any craft skill, started with stealthy commando rifles and nades, ended with rifles and nades but no stealth anymore
hardes fight was in core city colloseum, everything else was easy enough
>>
>>389151210
Oh, you are already that late? That changes things. Just stick with the gear you have then, or if you don't know what else to level pick one of these skills and dump your spare points in it. Shield or potentially better guns would make the most sense at this point.
>>
>>389150998
So you're a retard with no taste in RPGs and/or shooters, okay.
>>
File: Free_drones_graffiti.png (15KB, 127x99px) Image search: [Google]
Free_drones_graffiti.png
15KB, 127x99px
So you support the Free Drones, right? You believe in absolute individual freedom for every resident of Underrail, right? You're not some faggot that has a hardon for authoritarianism, right?
>>
>>389151648
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>389150889
I would say try Disgaea (steam or psp) if you like srpgs. Fire emblem (path of radiance probably) is pretty popular too.
Baten Kaitos 1+2 probably has my favorite turn-based system in all jap games. 2 is slightly better when it comes to actual combat but 1 has more customization. Early game can be slow though as it limits your actions per turn too much.
>>
>>389151665
I don't like drones, but protectorate is worse.
>>
>>389151665
MUH
FREEDOM
>>
>>389151709
You're the one complaining about people calling your terrible childhood game shit
>>
>>389151665
Free drones are adorably incompetent
>>
>>389151642
Yeah, I posted my skills and level in the original post >>389141468
I'll just raise chemistry a bit for special 7.62 and 9mm bullets.
>>
>>389151665
I'll team up with anyone who helps me fuck the Protectorate. What happens after is a different story.
>>
>>389151648
Fuck off man, it was fun, I don't give 2 shits about what you think, I'm just saying you're full of crap.
>>
who coretech here
>>
>>389151782
not even the same guy
I bet you just got used to shit like Skyrim and when you found out you have to have build here and you cannot max out everythin,g you chimp out
>>
>>389151349
This one comes very close.

>>389151427
>If not, every single sRPG ever made

I'm not an expert in that field but it sure as shit isn't as great in Jagged Alliance or Tactics Ogre.
>>
File: 1254364754754.gif (2MB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1254364754754.gif
2MB, 420x314px
>>389151508
>You dont need all 5 crafting skills.
Already been debunked, you do.

>And if you REALLY want to go melee nimble knife man you only need electronics and mechanics, leaving you plenty of skillpoints for other things.
Umm, no sweetie, that couldn't be further from the truth.

You need, at bare minimum.
5 crafting skills (Every character needs this, no exceptions, otherwise it's a second rate garbage build).
Evasion & Dodge.
Melee
Lockpicking
Hacking
Stealth
Time to learn to count my casual shitter friend.

>throw tanthrum
That's what you're doing right now with your cringe worthy post though.
>Get destroyed
>Go cool off for an hour
>Come back and try again
>Gets destroyed again
What did anon mean by this?

>1 : git gud
Already proven beyond a doubt that I'm better than everybody in this thread
>2 : git fucked. Really blows off steam
Says the perma virgin ugly cunt who is shitting the bed right now trying to damage control for his master lmao

Time to cool off and try your luck again, princess.

>>389151548
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389151217
Underrated gem, Ego Draconis becomes a solid 9/10 in the second act. Shame about the first area though, seems like a trope in Divinity games that the first hub is always vastly inferior to the rest of the game (Divine Divinity, Divinity 2, Divinity: Original Sin).
>>
>>389152110
Imbecile.
>>
File: 11653745858658.jpg (502KB, 767x1000px) Image search: [Google]
11653745858658.jpg
502KB, 767x1000px
>>389152132
Crying little worm.
>>
you faggots are making the game less fun for me by discussing your gay build shit so autistically. please stop
>>
>>389152121
Really? I much preferred Broken Valley to the Fjords. The verticality is of course amazing (thought it does make it too hard to miss some smaller things IMO) but it all just feels too disconnected
>>
>>389151447
>Jahan and Madora

My nigger, nothing better than a grumpy as fuck battlemage and a redneck female warrior. They had the best personal quests too.
>>
>>389152217
Imbecile.
>>
>>389151950
Fallout 3 is irredeemable garbage and people like you should be shamed off the board. Too bad neo-/v/ is now the majority so I guess you're in luck.
>>
>>389152110
>Already been debunked, you do.
Fuck off. Finished the game with 1. 1 crafting skill.
>>
File: 125326374574.png (154KB, 454x308px) Image search: [Google]
125326374574.png
154KB, 454x308px
>>389152365
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389152258
The Fjords had so much better enemy encounters, you being able to finally traverse the world as a dragon, fantastic sidequests and some of the funniest shit I've ever seen in a RPG (the wishing well, those Power Rangers).
>>
File: 124326374865865.jpg (14KB, 316x230px) Image search: [Google]
124326374865865.jpg
14KB, 316x230px
>>389152427
>Fuck off. Finished the game with 1. 1 crafting skill.
Done the same. Doesn't change the fact that it's an inferior build that gets severely outclassed by having all 5 crafting abilities.
I bet you played on normal mode too, you casual shitter lmao.
>>
>>389152508
Those power rangers ceased beign funny the second they attacked me
They were harder than a fucking flying fortress's garrison (and those were already harder than the final boss)
>>
>>389152638
Didn't one of them have the near-invincibility bug? At least I seem to recall that was the case.
>>
>>389151712
thanks for the recs, is disgaea really as grindy as I hear it is?
>>
>>389152747
I only played the dev cut, so he certainly didn't in my version
The problem was that they fucked me up immediately when they rushed me. I was a magic build so I could still easily kill them by jumping behind obstacles and shit but enemies with rush attack were really vicious towards the end of the game
>>
>>389152785
Grinding is post-game only for the most part. People just talk about it because of how fucking crazy fully grinded characters can get, but there is almost zero point in doing any of that shit.
>>
>>389133551
Eh, I like them both for different reasons and feel like they should be compared less. AFAIK Styg didn't set out to make a spiritual successor to Fallout or anything.

Also psy-sniper is the baller way to play.
>>
>>389153141
sniper was fun imo but so trash early on.
took me hours to even find a sniper rifle
>>
>>389153141
He really didn't, for example the game was originally going to be rtwp. He changed that shortly after he finished writing the engine though, so aside from a couple of minor leftovers in the system the game itself was fully designed with tb in mind.
>>
>>389153483
You can make one as soon as you get to the first town.
>>
>>389153483
Weapon options are intentionally restricted early on. Although you can get lucky with components and craft some even before Depot A.
>>
>>389153483
It is a little slow to start, but it's not like you're penalized for using other guns until you get a rifle.
>>
Hows the combat?
Do you just stun lock and keep clicking attack?
Or is it something that actually requires skill, planning and thought like xcom?
>>
>>389154887
it's good

>nu-xcom
>good
>>
>>389154965
When did I say it was good, and how is clicking attack a substitute for gameplay?
>>
>>389154887
Very good. And you can't stun-lock. Stuns and similar effects can be resisted with fortitude and resolve, and unless you kill them while they are under the effect they will get a few turns of immunity to it when they wake up.
>>
File: 12537475756.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
12537475756.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>Thread is on the verge of dying without me.
How predictable. (Somebody revived it at page 10 while I was typing this out)

So since we've already discussed how crafting needs to be butchered since it destroys any semblance of choice you have, let's discuss what else needs to be changed to make the game actually good.

1. Enemies need to be changed to be actually threatening.
What do I mean by this? Well let's see.
Crawlers for instance. First time I met them on my sledgehammer build, on hard mode, I was wiping the floor with groups of them and they couldn't even pierce my armor.
I ran into them again with a different low armor build with low perception and they were a pain in the ass. Constantly breaking through my armor and constantly paralyzing me.
This is good. I like enemies like this. Enemies that are countered by certain builds but give other builds a hard time are the pinnacle of good design.
Sadly, these are few and far between in Underrail. I can't think of a single other type of enemy like this.
Speaking of which, there is a distinct lack of enemies. We need more non human enemies. Lots more, I'm thinking at bare minimum 3 more, all of which designed to do their job similar to the Crawler.
My sledgehammer guy felt overpowered as fuck, so something that bypasses heavy armor would be ideal.

2. Make unique weapons actually good. They're all hot garbage. Nothing more needs to be said about this because it's self explanatory. Simply make unique gear be comparable to crafted shit.

3. Psi shit needs to be toned the fuck down. Psi builds are broken as fuck and it's dumb.

4. Worthless skills need to be significantly buffed.
All of the dialogue skills are garbage. They need a reason to exist. Some sort of secondary uses like intimidate could be good.
Pickpocketing either needs to be significantly better or be removed.

5. Better difficulty scaling
Mid-Late game is a joke. These parts of the game need to seriously be reviewed. I'd go more indepth but no space
>>
>>389155469
So uh, how is it? Do you just click attack or is there some skill to it?
>>
>tfw you can attack 10+ times in a single turn with your dagger
slice
dice
>>
>>389155553
fuck off maze
>>
>>389155249
clicking attack is part of gameplay, it's how you attack people if you want to use your weapon's basic attack
>>
Got this yesterday. Tried playing with classic experience, then oddities (which I found to be shit), then experience again.

What am I missing by going classic? I couldn't get past level 1 after doing the very first mission
>>
File: 152165347457457.jpg (139KB, 433x679px) Image search: [Google]
152165347457457.jpg
139KB, 433x679px
>>389155651
No.
>>
>>389155553
>This is good. I like enemies like this. Enemies that are countered by certain builds but give other builds a hard time are the pinnacle of good design.
No. They should have other ways of dealing with shit, not just get fucked over and not be able to over the area. Like buying fuel barrels and setting the room on fire
>>
>>389147126
>how many people have played it is an indicator of quality
You might be retarded son. Steamspy sez it has over 100k owners so mayhaps it is you who should be commencing with the killing of oneself.

Fallout is better tho
>>
>>389155780
Oddities is the way the game was meant to be played, I don't know why anyone would really want to play classic.
>>
Any tips for new player? Particularly regarding starting stats, pretty difficult to make a good pick when I have no idea which ones are important and which ones are not.
>>
>>389155780
You'll get levels too fast. These retards from steamforums complained about it and wanted higher levelcap because of it.
>>
>>389155780
I think it's a concession for shitter casual fags, added to stop idiots from crying too much
>>
>>389155737
Yeah, but in xcom you cant just keep clicking it and hope to win, you also have to move into better positions, think about your other dudes having a clear shot, making the enemy move into shitty positions.
>>
Tried to play the game 1 or 2 years ago and immediately lost interest after killing my first rat. What fun build should I consider? I'm not digging the whole psi power.
>>
File: 1501160720399.jpg (151KB, 624x697px) Image search: [Google]
1501160720399.jpg
151KB, 624x697px
>*blocks your path*
>>
File: 1254235346745745.png (311KB, 539x607px) Image search: [Google]
1254235346745745.png
311KB, 539x607px
>>389155821
Crawlers do have ways of dealing with them for those low armor low perception type character. They're simply round-about ways. A single character should not be able to easily deal with every single enemy type in the game, like my sledgehammer character could.
There should always be enemies your character struggles with. It keeps things fresh and interesting and as such Crawlers are the best designed enemies in the game, which is hilarious because I thought they were fodder in my first play through.
>>
File: 1451155606073.png (565KB, 800x2175px) Image search: [Google]
1451155606073.png
565KB, 800x2175px
>>389155985
Get a weapon skill, related crafting skills and something what you want.
Pick stats with desirable feats in mind.
>>
>>389155859
>>389156062
>>389156141

Why the fuck would anyone play an RPG with such a system though? I really don't dig the find items to get experience thing.
>>
>>389156279
Do I do this even if I want to be the psi wizard?
>>
>>389156145
what do you want me to say? it doesn't have a cover system, not even a retarded one like xcom, but yes it's a good game and the combat is good. that's why we're all here talking about it

>>389156302
because it's better than kill the same monster over and over
>>
>>389156345
Probably not, I refused psy training in the beginning and can't give advice about it.
>>
>>389156302
The game was balanced around the oddity system, otherwise you can just grind monsters in the same areas. The oddity system is there to reward exploration as opposed to just running through places, killing all the enemies and leaving.
>>
>>389156302
Because maybe they want to be sneaky instead of killing everything? Because maybe they want to try something new?
>>
>>389156540
There's respawning monsters?
>>
File: 125526363735754.png (190KB, 292x556px) Image search: [Google]
125526363735754.png
190KB, 292x556px
>>389156271
>Crawlers do have ways of dealing with them for those low armor low perception type character.
Whoops, I butchered that sentence hard.
Characters who have low perception or wear relatively light armor do have ways of dealing with Crawlers*
>>
>>389156145
Not exactly the same things you listed, but yes, Underrail has similar things in its combat system.
>>
>>389156619
certain enemies like rathounds respawn after a while
>>
>>389156619
Yeah, and it's pretty annoying, I have to wear that furry armor all the time.
>>
>>389156356
I mean what the fuck is the difference between piece of shit fallout/jrpg combat and underrail combat?
>>
>>389156345
Well, no. Obviously if you want to be a wizard you don't need a weapon, you just max those wizard skills and get your WILL high.
>>
>>389156967
And crafting? Is that useful for wizards?
>>
>>389156934
underrail combat is better because there's more shit to do and the monsters have cool design and the humans have the same stats and abilities as you do and there's a vast load of combat utility items and traps/mines
>>
>>389157012
yeah
get that psi gear
>>
>>389156619
Yeah, but only creatures and not in every location where they appear. It's because without the occasional respawns you could run out of biology/chemistry ingredients.
>>
>>389157183
>>389156429
All right, thanks.
>>
>>389157012
Yeah, with electronics you can craft great shield emitters.
By the way what shield is better, efficient or amplified? It seems first is better for high armored guy and the second for light armored.
>>
>>389157096
Thats what i wanted to hear faggot.
Also "Heavy hit" is not good game design.
>>
>>389155553
Imbecile.
>>
>>389157419
I don't know what that is
>>
File: 12565347457457.jpg (221KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
12565347457457.jpg
221KB, 677x960px
>>389157437
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389157012
Wizards rely on it less than other builds, but there are things you can craft that were meant for wizards, yeah. There is a specific kind of riot gear you can craft for wizards, there are also electronic headbands, and a few drugs, like one that helps you restore your psi if you are inhibited.

You can be perfectly powerful without any of these though, so if there's something else you'd wantto do with your build go for it.
>>
>>389138379
AoD is probably my favorite recent CRPG. The careful balance of every system is practically perfect. It's a shame that the depth is lost on people that just give up when they realize they can't do everything right away.
>>
>>389157474
Like when shitty turn based games have basic attack, strong attack, fast attack, group attack.
It just makes it look like there are many "ways" to deal with the enemy. But it's just filler.
>>
>>389157683
Heavy hit is a shitty skill that is good for getting through enemies with high armor and nothing else.
I wouldn't call it filler.
>>
>>389157504
Imbecile.
>>
Bump for "every turn based rpg you like is a piece of shit and horrible, also a way for lazy game devs to make money, prove to me how underrail is different."
>>
>>389157654
I think it's both surprisingly deep and surprisingly shallow in different aspects
The lore behind it is kinda cool but you can completely uncover all of that on a loremaster build
And when you think you're gonna do a couple other playthroughs you realize most of the world state is just determined by couple decisions that you can just reload to see the other side
>>
File: 125532464377547.png (987KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
125532464377547.png
987KB, 1000x1600px
>>389157885
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389158084
Imbecile.
>>
>>389157683
you could just play the game instead of reading more into my replies than I intended. and I don't think that is filler, it's another resource to manage
>>
File: 153643745754.jpg (91KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
153643745754.jpg
91KB, 554x439px
>>389158161
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389158295
Ain't pirating a fuckin turn based rpg, im not stupid enough to play shitty games.
>>
>>389158313
Imbecile.
>>
File: 15326347458658.jpg (118KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
15326347458658.jpg
118KB, 960x540px
>>389158451
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389158562
Imbecile.
>>
File: 12363474745747457.gif (2MB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
12363474745747457.gif
2MB, 365x365px
>>389158694
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389158562
Thanks for letting me filter all those images
>>
>>389158869
Imbecile.
>>
You fucking retards, stop it.
>>
File: 152634745745.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
152634745745.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>389159010
Silly newfag, I change my image names every single time I post. You ain't filtering shit. Enjoy doing it manually over and over again after you've already seen my post, my asshurt friend.

>>389159149
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389159302
Imbecile.
>>
File: 125326437457457.jpg (28KB, 389x395px) Image search: [Google]
125326437457457.jpg
28KB, 389x395px
>>389159684
Crying little worm.
>>
>>
>>389159302
You can filter by image hash you newfag redditor
>>
>>389159805
Imbecile.
>>
File: 12523634737457.gif (647KB, 188x253px) Image search: [Google]
12523634737457.gif
647KB, 188x253px
>>389159885
Prove it.

>>389159959
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389147334
The threads focus on crafting had me worried that I would not be able to finish the game for a second. Your build is very similar to mine but I ended up taking 30 in psychokinesis for the free stun and the wall.

Things was I started playing this game after my internet went down and was looking though games I had downloaded but never played. Couldn't look shit up so I went in blind and honestly had a blast. Bummed me out was when I found out I've been playing an outdated version though.

where can I pirate the latest version?
>>
>>389160175
Imbecile.
>>
>>389160554
Buy it, Styg really deserve it.
>>
File: 152363647457547.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
152363647457547.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>389160681
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389160780
Imbecile.
>>
File: 12532634747457457.png (101KB, 465x421px) Image search: [Google]
12532634747457457.png
101KB, 465x421px
>>389160985
Crying little worm.
>>
I think this was the only good game I got from Groupees.
I don't bother going there anymore. Like Indiegala they just peddle shovelware garbage now.
>>
File: 189.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
189.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>389160780
>>389160985
Can you faggots make your own thread?
>>
>>389160768
>buy it
Styg please
>>
Why do saves have such a big size? 100+ mb.
>>
>>389161661
About 8 MB for me
>>
>>389161942
How far are you in game?
>>
Is there no way to clean caltrops?
>>
>>389161115
Imbecile.
>>
File: 10 out of 10 post by yours truly.jpg (756KB, 2263x921px) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 post by yours truly.jpg
756KB, 2263x921px
Rate my post I've just made on a scale of 1-10.
Keep in mind that any votes given that are under an 8 will not be counted since they're clearly coming from crying shit eating autists.

>>389161160
No.

>>389162237
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389162396
You have shown surprising restrain in your autism, I am almost impressed.
>>
>>389158431
only jrpg autists say shit like turn based means bad
>>
>>389162396
I'd r8 it 8/8.
>>389162156
Carry metal boots. I personally don't use caltrops at all, they could have been useful in early game though.
>>
>>389162396
Imbecile.
>>
File: 125364375475.jpg (45KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
125364375475.jpg
45KB, 1024x576px
>>389162524
>>389162583
Good enough, I'll accept those reviews.

>>389162686
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389162583
I have sure feet, but i want to clean the caltrops because the place is controlled and now some random npc fight is there and they are turning on me
>>
>>389163439
sounds like you're fucked
>>
>>389163439
man that sounds like bull shit. Can't walk back and forth to clean it up? maybe use adrenaline to get there before the npcs decide to stroll all over it.
>>
>>389163439
Where did you use it?
>>
>>389163150
Imbecile.
>>
File: fxc.jpg (15KB, 252x118px) Image search: [Google]
fxc.jpg
15KB, 252x118px
>>389139773
you're full of shit.
>>
File: 1562634646754.jpg (33KB, 322x310px) Image search: [Google]
1562634646754.jpg
33KB, 322x310px
>>389163824
Crying little worm.

>>389163862
Wrong, I'm objectively correct on everything I've said.
>>
>>389163653
Junkyard scrapper area and inside the rathound king house.

I sided with the king but as soon the rats walk over it, they all turn on me.
>>
>>389164292
Imbecile.
>>
File: sweetie.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sweetie.gif
141KB, 250x250px
>>389164493
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389164412
Well, don't travel to scrapper area from now on.
And king's lair too.
>>
Expansion release when?
>>
>>389164563
Imbecile.
>>
File: 15327435745856856.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
15327435745856856.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>>389165334
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389164959
No one knows. Maybe not even Styg.
>>
File: 1472388203345.jpg (144KB, 498x473px) Image search: [Google]
1472388203345.jpg
144KB, 498x473px
>suddenly half of the fucking thread is filtered
>wonder why
>it's the same degenerate who was shitting up la-mulana threads
>and people are actually replying to him
>>
Who's the siphonner man ?
>>
File: 15264374575475.png (197KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
15264374575475.png
197KB, 640x360px
>>389165716
>Being so much of a cuck that you filter people
Aww, did I hurt your fee fees faggot?
I've been on 4chan since its very inception and the thought of filtering somebody has never even crossed my mind.
How much of a little bitch are you?
>>
>>389165946
A man who is also a siphoner.
>>
>>389165385
Imbecile.
>>
File: 124253634643.png (558KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
124253634643.png
558KB, 900x1200px
>>389166256
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389166424
>>389166256
I think that whoever stops posting first or wasn't the last one to post in this argument when the thread goes away should be permabanned.
>>
>>389166256
Dumbdumbs
>>
>>389166424
Imbecile.
>>
>>389166424
Dumbdumbs
>>
File: 15324645745745.jpg (64KB, 455x300px) Image search: [Google]
15324645745745.jpg
64KB, 455x300px
>>389166663
I never get the last word in before the thread 404's, but I still win by default considering my friend here is actively working in my interest without even knowing.

>>389166724
Crying little worm.

>>389166769
How will I ever recover from this sick burn?
>>
>>389167081
Imbecile.
>>
File: 1252364574585685.jpg (138KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
1252364574585685.jpg
138KB, 626x348px
>>389167140
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389167338
Imbecile.
>>
File: 15262637745775.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
15262637745775.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>389167567
Crying little worm.
>>
>>389167687
Imbecile.
>>
File: 1534745745745.png (179KB, 403x466px) Image search: [Google]
1534745745745.png
179KB, 403x466px
>>389167907
>>
>>389167957
Imbecile.
>>
File: 141526536346.jpg (61KB, 404x345px) Image search: [Google]
141526536346.jpg
61KB, 404x345px
>>389168742
Crying little bitch.
>>
File: 1503694429646.jpg (61KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1503694429646.jpg
61KB, 400x386px
>>389160780
>>389160681
>>389160175
>>389159959
>>389159805
>>389159684
>>389159302
>>389159149
>>389158869
>>389158694
>>389158562
>>389158451
>>389158313
>>389158161
>>389158084
>>389157885
>>389157504
>>389157437
It won't let me reply to all of both of your autism because it thinks my post is spam.
>>
What's the highest persuasion check?
Can I persuade that guy from hardcore city bar to tell me his story?
>>
>>389170280
110, if I remember correctly.
Sure, just talk to the barkeep first.
>>
>>389170550
No, I mean HIS stoty, not about missing sgs couple.
>>
>>389170876
Nah, I mean talk with the barkeep about his scar then ask him again.
>>
>>389172091
I had more than 100, 105 or so and he doesn't want to tell me. Does it even have any relation to anything?
>>
>>389172245
Nah, it's just fluff. You are only asking for the life story of a random drunk guy in a bar.

But I don't have any persuasion and he is still telling me. All I had to do was ask Gene about where he got that scar from, and then ask the dude if it was true.
>>
So I started my character, with 3 in con.
I talked to everyone and eventually ventured outside, I shot some rats and got to a new area. I ambushed one rat, and 4 more came, I killed one and withdrew. because I was taking too much damage.
Now I can't continue, because they're lives are just now waiting for me ot retun, and if I do, they just eat me up. I went back to base walked around and talked to some people and went back out. And they are still waiting for me. I can't stealth, or kill enough before I die, they always get the first attack as well, even with my 10dex.
Dunno what to do now.
>>
>>389172491
Yes, I talked with him about this, and now I have persuasion option about his son. But he refuses to talk.
>>
>>389172535
Throw a flare or a grenade. They are afraid of fire.
>>
>>389172535
You can heal for free by talking to the doctor back in SGS
Stealth up before entering the encounter so you can manually start combat and get the first attack
>>
>>389172703
OHHHH shit, it's bugged. The pass and fail check responses are reversed, and since you have enough skill you failed.
>>
>>389172535

Yeah that place is pretty tough. There are couple times where you can close a metal chain gate and shoot them through it. The first five hours of the game are brutal anyway. Just hang on there. Remember that if you got the oddity system, you can get lots of levels just going on exploration. You can always return back and do the quests later.
>>
>>389172805
I am afraid of hitting myselv, they are at the very edge pof the red border.
>>389172839
and I tried stealthing, it just results in they eating me. I was hoping I could use stims, but the CD is getting real long after a few shots.
>>
>>389173008
How do you know? Is it a known bug?
>>
What is the build that doesn't have tedious combat and gets the most content (conversations, story)?
>>
>>389168840
Imbecile.
>>
>>389173225
Flare is only light, you can't hurt yourself with it.
>>
>>389173225
Make a screenshot when you enter zone and post here.
>>
>>389173305
None of the builds are tedious in my eyes but Psi can probably nuke everything the fastest and you also get great dialog check bonuses with Will
>>
>>389173287
Because I have just tested it. He stopped answering my question once I increased my skill to 45. Not a known bug to my knowledge.
>>
File: 15236347457547.jpg (102KB, 470x688px) Image search: [Google]
15236347457547.jpg
102KB, 470x688px
>>389173347
Crying little bitch.
>>
>>389157961
Age of Decadence is clearly the product of its limitations. Didn't devs work on it part-time for years and only in the last year or so actually dedicated fully to development?
>>
>>389173305
High WILL high INT psyker with persuasion and hacking.
>>
>>389173541
This should be immediately reported to Styg.
What did that guy tell you exactly?
>>
>>389173594
Imbecile.
>>
>>389173647
I wouldn't know about that (wasn't it EA at some point?) but in hindsight I'd definitely say it's kinda expensive for that type of game
Still enjoyed every aspect of it greatly
>>
File: 20170903221755_1.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903221755_1.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>389173418
>>
No, Fallout 1 & 2 were actually enjoyable, underrail is a slog with a generic, boring setting.
>>
File: 1523634754458.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1523634754458.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>389173897
Crying little bitch.
>>
Also under rail has typical indie shit garbage graphics.
>>
>>389173946
Why are you already almost out of health?
Besides that, this is hilarious
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftWRSvRbUV0&t=3959s

comfy
>>
>>389174085
They started to bite me when I got in, and they are just there, waiting. Always.
>>
imbecile>crying little worm
>>
>>389173946
Man, that portrait. I'd just restart the game.
And where's your armor? Pick hypos and armor from a locker in your room.
>>
>>389174258
Shoot one or two and leave, heal at sixth floor for free, get back and kill the rest.
>>
>>389174258
Alright let's go. Put on some armor
Don't fucking get into a close range fight if you're at 3 CON. If you're that low in CON you should have enough stealth to not get detected by the fucking things
Also, make use of saves m8. Don't just run away when you get fucked in an encounter, reload your quicksave
>>
>>389136769
>go full tank or full stealth
Sounds boring.
>>
>>389174071
Imbecile.
>>
File: Gorge.png (1MB, 1101x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gorge.png
1MB, 1101x1080px
>>389173720
Slight mistake, it's 50 not 45. Top two are under 50, bottom is 50 and above.
>>
File: 154236434745754.jpg (31KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
154236434745754.jpg
31KB, 638x540px
>>389174479
Crying little bitch.
>>
>>389174473
If you think so. Personally I think being efficient in combat is nice, and it's good advice for a first playthrough
I went for full tank with enough stealth to always get the first attack wih my psion
>>
>>389173946
Throw flare already, they will flee.
>>
>>389174613
Thank you.
>>
>>389174675
I don't think tweaking out to ace every encounter sounds fun for a first playthrough of any game.
>>
Fallout 1> Fallout 2>>> Fallout tactics>>>>>>> Underrail = Fallout NV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallout 3&4
>>
>>389174847
>stealth up
>nuke then with everything you got
>keep backing up while throwing magic
it's the quintessential mage gameplay, I like it
>>
>>389174326
I forgot I had taken off my ratarmor when I returned back to town. Managed to kill one and survive, so going back to heal up now.
>>389174450
I made a stelath/smg build, and picked sprint. How was I supposed to know that they will hunt me for all eternity if I get spotted.
>>
>>389175074
If you have further questions (this thread is about to die), the people in the /vg/ indie general are always helpful about UR questions
>>
>>389174648
Imbecile.
>>
>>389175074
Just keep distance and if they get close, sprint away. Max your mechanics for cool smg with upgrades and make some bear traps, they are lifesaver.
>>
File: 152637547457457.png (33KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
152637547457457.png
33KB, 400x297px
>>389175190
Crying little bitch.
>>
>>389175301
Imbecile.
>>
File: 152364374745856.jpg (375KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
152364374745856.jpg
375KB, 600x900px
>>389175458
Crying little bitch.
>>
>>389175184
Sure thing.
>>389175225
Went with Mech, Chem and Tailoring for skills. have skills in throwing, but not trapping
>>
>>389175531
>have skills in throwing, but not trapping
You don't need much in both, especially throwing.
>>
File: instant rathound repellent.png (9KB, 406x246px) Image search: [Google]
instant rathound repellent.png
9KB, 406x246px
>>389175074
Anon. This thing. Throw it.
Thread posts: 534
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.