[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain "overdesign" to me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 156

File: BB-OW.jpg (969KB, 2560x2548px) Image search: [Google]
BB-OW.jpg
969KB, 2560x2548px
How is the design on the top any more overdesigned than the one on the bottom?

If anything, top design is understated by comparison. I mean I'm all for jumping on bandwagons and irrationally hating on Gearbox, but how are Battleborn's heroes overdesigned compared to Overwatch?

Because I just don't see it.
>>
File: ow.jpg (291KB, 1592x797px) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
291KB, 1592x797px
>>389127192
Overwatch designs went to shit post-launch when they started to concern themselves with the opinions of Neofaggers.

FACT
>>
That's one of the few characters in battleborn that isn't overdesigned, and I never perceived Orisa as being one either.
>>
>>389127296
Widowmaker's design is fucking garbage. LE CORILOSIS SNIPER LADY WITH AN EDGY METAL BAND TIER TATTOO.
>>
Overwatch designs are awful.

Its actually amazing how they're adopted into being acceptable just because blizzard made them.

Also, for the record. Paladins has better designs than OW & BB combined.

not that anyone cares.
>>
>>389127467
>Paladins has better designs

No.
>>
>>389127467
Paladins character designs have potential. they just have to not be accompanied by terrible textures and wonky animations.
>>
>>389127192
Because it's overtly stylised without any necessity.
"Oh, it's a robot, but he's dressed from a time that robots don't exist! G E T I T!"

Orisa's is fine because she is meant to be a public defense machine. There's nothing on her design that breaches that field.
>>
Because bot adheres to the aesthetic of the game, aka robots. Robots have many parts. That robot's color template blends with the enviroment and itself. I don't even care about Overwatch, pretty mediocre game with Disney aesthetics but that design tells something about the character. The different marks and logos serve as a purpose to tell us more about the character, he might be from some weird robot tribe. Character looks heavy but colors don't look threatening. Support.
Top is LMAO ROBOT IN A SUIT. Hero makes no sense. What is that gun? is it a sniper? Must be, look how it has a bazillion scopes. But that posture doesn't suit the one of a sniper. Oh is it because he's a gentleman? And those pants, are they clothing or actual metal parts? I mean, they look like clothing but then, are they cut in half and the bottom part some extra part of clothing? It's a fucking mess. And supposedly, it's one of the best designed heroes. Also, I don't even fucking know what's the deal of his right arm, like, what the fuck is that swirly gold thing.
>>
>>389127296
Seriously. What fucking happened to them? Why are character designs now about "representation?" When we heard about Doomfist I thought he was going to be some badass robotman. Not some ordinary tribal man with a big arm. Is all we have to look forward to: "I wonder what country the next character will be from!"
>>
>>389127192
Orisa is fun to play. Glad I don't have to see the terrible design in first person
>>
File: attikus.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
attikus.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
>>389127192
cherrypicking
marquis isn't overdesigned, he's rather simple and easily read
however i can point to half a dozen battleborn designs i don't understand at all (the character whose image i'm posting here, the two lesbian characters who look incredibly similar whose names i don't know, the big guy with the tiny head who isn't overdesigned but just plain looks terrible)
in general, battleborn characters have less of a problem with being overdesigned and more of a problem with being really fucking ugly
like that teenage girl character with the giant demon shadow thing that fights on her behalf
she's disgustingly ugly and her pet monster looks more stupid than it does cool. it's a good concept ruined by looking hideous and turning off people like me who would be attracted to a character like that
>>
>>389127192
cherry pick some more churro
i need to make a pie
>>
>>389127192

Overdesign is when you have too many fucking clashing elements in a single character and/or just too many extraneous elements. For example, any JRPG character design ever (eg pants made entirely of belts, random shit dangling on their clothes, etc).

The top one is not the worst design because the colors evoke steampunk (which is a common theme). But Battleborn as a whole has terrible character design mostly because the characters are ugly and have no thematic unity. They also don't really match the environment in which they're placed.

In Overwatch, every character seems like they came directly out of that world, even if their kits are pretty goofy. You can take a random person and make them "Overwatchy" in the same way you can take a piece of technology and make it "Appley".

Is there a way to make something "Battleborny"? Well, you have a steampunk robot assassin, a Mexican wrestler, some ghost thing, a woman in a Victorian dress, etc. Also, they're all hideous looking.

Battleborn comes from the League school of random fucking characters all shoved together in an arena. The only way you can get away from that is if your characters are fap-bait, which they're not.
>>
>>389127192
orisa is actually one of the ugliest characters in the game for that reason, look at that gun, it has so many unnecessary and distracting details, and thematically shes just a fucking mess, a cow robot centaur that represents an african tribal god with a fucking bongo backpack and a fucking machine gun is honestly one of the worst things ive ever heard of. bastion on the other hand just has a lot of flat planes and basic mechanical joints similar to the classic gundam designs, hes a grunt robot but appealing and stands out uniquely as well.

>>389127682
but their release pattern has always been to cover all the nationalities that havent been covered considering most of the heroes are just kind of stereotypes of their country of origin, and doomfist was long known as an african warlord type character as seen in ingame posters and shit, i agree that the more tribal looking aspect is dog shit, but him being just a big black guy with a robot arm wasn't suprising to anyone
>>
File: marquis_02[1].jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marquis_02[1].jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>389127192

Easily. You can mainly spot it by details that don't add anything to a design other than making it visually more busy. Perfect example is Marquis' legs. Is he wearing pants with kneepads over them? Or are they visible robotic joints? If his legs are meant to be robotic but shaped to look like pants, then why do they have the same texture as his coat which is obviously fabric? The detail there doesn't make this clearer, it just makes it more confusing.

That's without even mentioning his ridiculously inconsistent gun design and the pointless etching/lines all over his gold parts.
>>
>>389128136
>but him being just a big black guy with a robot arm wasn't suprising to anyone
I knew this as well, I guess I was still expecting his design to be more... exciting.

His name is fucking DOOMFIST after all. I thought he was going to be imposing. What a letdown.
>>
orisa is cute
>>
>>389128248
well you can use his robot man skin, its far more interesting compared to his default
>>
>>389127192
It's not overdesigned, it's just ugly as fuck.

In a hero shooter, the way the hero look is very important. Mainly because the people who play them are fucking autists that fall in love with the characters, spending hundreds of dollars on outfits for them.
>>
File: TWO NUMBER FORTY FIVES.png (1MB, 1198x898px) Image search: [Google]
TWO NUMBER FORTY FIVES.png
1MB, 1198x898px
>>389127727
Orisa is cute, stop being mean.
>>
>>389128309
It's an OK skin, but still not in-line with what I was expecting. Looking at him doesn't make you shit a brick and say "Fuck this, I'm outta here!"

"Doomfist" indeed.
>>
>>389128136
i was really hoping doomfist would be an angry urban black man, sorta like barret from final fantasy 7. someone i could identify with and have fun playing and making jokes about
instead we got a boring african, the second african character in a row at that, with nothing interesting about him or his character besides being generically evil
>>
>>389128136

Yeah, I don't know who the fuck signed off on Orisa's character design. Easily the worst character design in Overwatch. How can you have cool ass characters like Lucio and Bastion next to that thing?
>>
File: ORISA.jpg (121KB, 750x768px) Image search: [Google]
ORISA.jpg
121KB, 750x768px
This is when I realized Overwatch was going down the shitter hard.

Doomfist's bland as design just reaffirmed my beliefs.
>>
>>389128250
orisa is for ___
>>
>>389127682
Where do you want the next hero to be from, anon.
>>
File: image1471484477.jpg (182KB, 1250x703px) Image search: [Google]
image1471484477.jpg
182KB, 1250x703px
>>389128413
yeah really wished they went with a more militaristic approach like in these 2 designs instead of a literally hobo
>>
>Literally the only decent thing about Battleborn is bird husbando
>He's stuck in a fucking terrible game
>>
>>389128518
Orisa is an Elephant, that's literally what the quadruped design and tusks represent. It amazes me that people don't notice something so retardedly obvious.
>>
>>389128406
Go back to /owg/ and don't instalock my waifu.
>>
File: Engraved gun.jpg (1023KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Engraved gun.jpg
1023KB, 1400x700px
>>389128204
Isn't the point of etching that it adds nothing to the item but makes it look fancy and expensive?
That seems to go perfectly with the design of Marquis as a gentleman robot
>>
File: tumblr_oupms1Gi8o1w8vsi0o1_1280.jpg (237KB, 1280x731px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oupms1Gi8o1w8vsi0o1_1280.jpg
237KB, 1280x731px
>>389128598
I instalock Orisa every single game.
>>
>>389128518
he's black that's the reason why.
they couldn't do anything because it would be seen as racist.
>>
>>389127296
>>389127682
OW was literally always a game for nu-males
>first trailer focuses heavily on the stronk independent shitskin womyn heroes
>Zarya's design in general
>Tracer being gay as well as the censorship controversy over her winpose
>characters feel like they were taken from a representation checklist
>banter between characters is as weak and inoffensive as possible
>the most inoffensive of trashtalk gets censored
>problematic gameplay elements such as animation cancelling that would contribute to a possible execution barrier or higher skill ceiling removed ASAP
>>
>>389128598
1v1 me
>>
>>389128603
NO TACTICAL ADVANTAGE
>>
>>389128632
>first trailer focuses heavily on the stronk independent shitskin womyn heroes
>Tracer is white
>Widowmaker is white with necrosis
>>
>>389128625
Stay away from my fucking waifu
>>
>>389128632
>Tracer being gay as well as the censorship controversy over her winpose
You're retarded, they replaced it with an even sexier pose based on WWII bomber decals. The complaint was the old pose was boring and unfitting.
>>
File: tumblr_oodg3cejab1ttdkseo6_raw.png (419KB, 1500x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oodg3cejab1ttdkseo6_raw.png
419KB, 1500x800px
>>389128687
ORISA IS MY WAIFU, YOU STAY AWAY YOU FUCK.
>>
>>389127192
On a similar vein, Overdesigned is QC's weapons.

How do you take something as simple as a Double Barrel shotgun and come up with this.
>>
>>389128594
you cant just add tusks to a design and pretend like thats an elephant motif, look at rein's balderick's armor, the eagle design is far clearer compared to elephant's horn tusks things that just looks fucking strange in tandem with her bug eyes mask
>>
>>389128750
What's your rank with her?
>>
>>389128750
>>389128625
Orisa is top tier now. New buff make her a way bigger threat. If you don't focus her she obliterates.
>>
>>389128826
3972 as of now and climbing.
>>
>>389128626
They couldve just done strong dominant man with metal gauntlets that happens to be black intead of tribal african ft. Shiny arm
>>
File: 1503641950970.png (41KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
1503641950970.png
41KB, 400x416px
>>389128590
>YWN play as a awesome birdbro
>cool designs like benedict are stuck in shit games
>the closest one we got was kass
>kass became a furfag icon and got ruined
it aint fair
>>
>>389128824
>you cant just add tusks to a design
>AFRICAN FUCKING ROBOT WITH AN AFRICA MOTIF
>COMPACT, FLAT FEET AND TUSKS
>HMM, WHAT FUCKING ANIMAL DOES THIS REPRESENT THAT AFRICA IS KNOWN FOR?
>>
>>389127192
Marquis is one of the only good character designs in Battleborn, comparing him to nigger Ultima Weapon is cherry picking pretty hard. That said I think OW designs are very hit or miss.
>>
>>389128712
>The complaint was the old pose was boring and unfitting.
No, the complainer claimed was it was too sexy, and it made them "uncomfortable." Blizzard stepped in and claimed they heard their complaints and removed it. It's true they did replace it with a sexier pose though.
>>
>>389128590
he's shit
he has the most irritating "deep south" american accent you can imagine and a terrible personality to match
people keep clinging to him just because he's a sexy burd and trying to say that he's the only good thing in battleborn
gearbox literally gave him the most obnoxious personality possible and the only way anyone can like him is if they look at his design and ignore everything else about his character
>>
File: hffaib9txc5bqagceopf[3].jpg (112KB, 800x896px) Image search: [Google]
hffaib9txc5bqagceopf[3].jpg
112KB, 800x896px
>Could have gotten a really cool monster smoking a cigar as a design
>Got an absolutely laughable awful character instead
Battleborn should have honestly just been monsters and shit.
>>
>>389128750
Why is your waifu so fucking ugly?
>>
File: Non comp waifu.png (27KB, 636x211px) Image search: [Google]
Non comp waifu.png
27KB, 636x211px
>>389128878
Stay away from my waifu, thanks.
What's your Bnet?
>>
>>389128968
Whyd they all skip leg day minus two?
>>
File: bkrsvidyoskcywv23luj[1].jpg (74KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
bkrsvidyoskcywv23luj[1].jpg
74KB, 800x620px
>>389128964
That's a pretty easy thing to do honestly. Games have too many human characters. Non-human characters are much more interesting.
>>
>>389128964
>gearbox literally gave him the most obnoxious personality possible
That's their entire design philosophy for EVERY character.
>>
>only well designed character post-launch
>universally hated by ranked players
>never mention in Overwatch design threads
>robot horse and niggerfist get all the attention

Why is life pain, my waifu needs love too.
>>
>>389127192
Thats because he isnt, Marquis is one the few decent designs in Battleborn and maybe even recent memory, and i feel incredibly sorry he was wasted in such a shit game, i would gladly have in overwatch to contest widow any fucking day if he didnt fit in so badly.

Overdesign usually just means bad design really.
>>
>>389127372
Widowmaker's design is good, her visor complements the spider motif perfectly.
>>
>>389128932
>no nose
>no ears
No elephant.
>>
>>389129148
She's a 10/10 design turned into a 5/10 due to a terrible fucking haircut
>>
File: 1503966446826.jpg (72KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1503966446826.jpg
72KB, 600x338px
>>389127467
>>
>>389129049
That bottom far right design looks like some Guilty Gear shit, I like it
>>
>>389129148
The hairstyle ruins her design. Put her in a dumb helmet, or give her a respectable head of hair; not that stupid half grown half shaved shit.
>>
>>389129207
I respectfully disagree. They could have just went with her hair down, yes, but nothin says step on my balls and milk me of my baby batter like that delicious haircut.
>>
I prefer simple designs.
>>
>>389129316
Actually it says "I'm a massive cunt and will probably just leave you and force you to pay child support"
>>
>>389129148
Sombra's design isn't anything special and her base color scheme is terrible.
>>
>>389129148
>universally hated by bronze players
ftfy, she shits on Reinhardts, Winstons, Lucios and pretty much anyone who presses a button to win.
>>
>>389127467
Paladins' designs are fucking garbage, dude. Do you want to know why Overwatch is so damn popular? It's the art design. The character design. They've made a pretty decent game but what absolutely carries it is the characters. The world. It's the same reason that Lawbreakers failed, because it was so hideous.

People will bitch about Overwatch to the end of time, but most of them will still check in whenever there's an update or keep up with progress to see if there's anything that might bring them back because they like the game, on some level.
>>
>>389129148
Kek, Sombra's fan design while her """ARG""" was going on were a dozen times better.
>>
>>389129148
She's hated because her gun is ass. There's no ifs or buts about it, her weapon is fucking garbage and her win rate and pick rate speaks for itself. She's also supporty and flanky so without a good front and a team that can capitalize on Sombra's plays her tools are swiftly devalued which means that she's rarely ever useful unless you're playing with 5% best players in the world who know how to work it. And the saddest thing is that at the end of the day you could still just play someone with more consistency like Tracer or McCree.
>>
>>389128563
>omnic script below third Doomfist
>we could have had an omnic joke cracking Doomfist voiced by Terry Crews

First thing I did was buy one of his robot skins so I could pretend that's what we got. Truly we live in the lamest timeline.
>>
>>389129148
I wish she was more viable.
>>
>>389127192
>Intricate engravings in rather sporadic and random places (Shoulder armor?)
>The engravings make everything very nonsymmetrical
>engraved kneepads
>Despite the rather simple color palette of black, white and gold. The gun and eye have bright blue fucking fluorescent lights ruining everything
>Silver buttons on the cuffs despite the rest of the buttons being gold
>Why does a suit that's textured like a suit have metallic engraved lines?
He's better than several other of Battleborn's design monstrosities though.
>>
>>389129345
Well it's good character design then because Sombra would absolutely do that. She's an asshole.
>>
>>389128943
I would actually say battleborn is more hit and miss while OW tries to be as inoffensive as possible, like there isn't a single character you can truly work up an anger about in OW probably because they're less characters and more plain avatars. The only semblance of character we get is in tiny shorts Blizz shit out every millennia while in BB the large man has like ten, shitty and hammy, BUT different ways to say his bullets are cold or hot
>>
>>389129328
ah yes, toilet seat man from that one literally who game
>>
>>389129456
Evolve did tons of shit wrong, but the characters wasn't one of them.
>>
>>389129450
I meant visually. In terms of their actual characterization the OW crew are all fucking terrible, bland, and boring.
>>
File: 1459810730260.png (142KB, 237x287px) Image search: [Google]
1459810730260.png
142KB, 237x287px
>>389129395
I didn't care for the Terry Crews meme, but fuck if it wouldn't have been much better than what we really got.
>>
File: Render_Benedict.png (419KB, 1050x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Render_Benedict.png
419KB, 1050x1125px
I just want to play as a fucking birdbro, is that so much to ask these days?
i dont want a shitty personality in a shitty game, i just want a birdbro
why is life so hard
t. not a furfag, just want to play as a birdbro
>>
>>389129148
Needs better hairstyle and different shoes, those foot glove things look stupid in real life, and they look stupid in Overwatch.
>>
>>389129345
that's fine, I honestly would be ok with her pegging me and leaving me on the side of the road
>>389129347
Take it back.
>>
File: Drogoz_paladins.png (1MB, 750x821px) Image search: [Google]
Drogoz_paladins.png
1MB, 750x821px
>>389129536
>I just want to play as a fucking birdbro
>>
>>389129148

Lauraskye is pretty neat.
>>
Orisa is a defense robot reprogrammed and redecorated by a clever young african girl. Unless you take issue with the child genius angle, there's nothing really offensive about the design in Overwatch's universe. In fact, it's a little on the boring side compared to other characters.

Marquis' very concept is the most obnoxious sort of internet steampunk wank. He has a monocle. A thing on his chest made to look like a pocket watch. Everything is some kind of brassy material. Bowler hat. Gun looks like a sci-fi hybrid of a period pistol and an umbrella. (Not from this angle, though)

Orisa's design fits in the world perfectly, Marquis' design is glaringly weird in-universe, because he's kind of a joke.
>>
>>389129024
The designers new that if they had more leg strength they could walk into a better game.
>>
>>389128840
Orisa has a long way to go before she is even viable, let alone top tier. She has the same problem as Reinhardt, the dive meta shits all over her.
>>
File: 1307248804395.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1307248804395.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>another thread where nu/v/ crossposting /pol/cucks cry about women and minorities
>>
File: 478328015_so1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
478328015_so1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1656px
>>389129536
>I just want to play as a fucking birdbro,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ56H5Eja-U
>>
>>389128045
The battleborn designs really aren't as bad as people here think. Designs don't need to be realistic or well proportioned to be attractive. Battleborn just pushed it a little too far, I think they do it deliberately. That along with adverse asymmetry makes people hate it. Also reputation, pritchford and Burch.
>>
>>389129639
>drogoz
>a fucking birdbro
pick one
>>
>>389127192
It's because you took the best one from Battleborn and the worst one from Overwatch.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>389129794
I'll give Battleborn one thing, some of the designs are better than Paladins', at least. SOME of Battleborn's designs are real, real ugly. Almost all of Paladins' designs are painfully generic, have clashing ideas, or both.
>>
File: Velociraptor_u4hjbq.jpg (211KB, 1440x875px) Image search: [Google]
Velociraptor_u4hjbq.jpg
211KB, 1440x875px
>>389129841
>>drogoz
>>a fucking birdbro
>pick one

Dinos evolved from birds, silly boy.
>>
>>389127192
Orisa's is a tank, tanks are usually heavy on detail to make them stand out more in Overwatch.
>>
File: fpsCirca2017.jpg (292KB, 2000x694px) Image search: [Google]
fpsCirca2017.jpg
292KB, 2000x694px
>>389129794

>Implying it's just the characters that are ugly
>>
File: 1504322950828.jpg (40KB, 640x552px) Image search: [Google]
1504322950828.jpg
40KB, 640x552px
>>389129935
>>
>>389128563
>>389128413
>>389128248
He actually looked really good in his animated 2D trailer, makes me sad that we couldn't get that design since they had to adhere to the silhouette we got of him in the first trailer.
>>
>>389129364
>+0.03$
>>
File: 4b2cd33430aa40b380dabc6dd806a999.jpg (177KB, 1200x869px) Image search: [Google]
4b2cd33430aa40b380dabc6dd806a999.jpg
177KB, 1200x869px
literally cartoon characters and you guys arguing if they are mature designs. what is wrong with you?
>>
>>389128135
On the contrary I like battleborn design more than Overwatch just because of how uninspired and generic Overwatch designs are. Battleborn is at least an attempt at uniquety. Same goes for Paladins. I just feel like oh it's this character again, now with a different prop.
>>
>>389129794
O B L I G A T O R Y
>>
File: tumblr_ot9yewS8lg1w329z4o1_1280.jpg (204KB, 1102x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ot9yewS8lg1w329z4o1_1280.jpg
204KB, 1102x1080px
Sniperbong in stillborn was probably the only decent character designwise.

Orisa is fine I feel, could probably do without the cloth hanging just to make it more 'unga bunga'.

She's no Pharah
>>
>>389128932
>legs shaped more like a dog's then those of an elephant
>face looks like a beetle or something
>Humanoid upper body

Just because it seems to have tusks doesn't make it blatantly an elephant
>>
>>389130026
>>
>>389130006
>mature design

No, just character design.
>>
>>389129525
>expecting power hungry warlord
>get boring tribal nigger who lusts for confrontation
The PG nature of the way he talks just ruins anything left of him. I just glad he's so easy to kill so I never have to see him.
>>
>>389129794
The 2D concepts look nice at times, the 3D artists at Gearbox have no idea what they're doing though.
>>
>>389130003
Was I shilling for anything in that post?

Paladins' designs are mediocre at best. People are utterly in love with Overwatch's, and already were before the game even came out. If Paladins' designs were really good, it'd have more of a base than bitter people looking for an alternate to Overwatch.
>>
>>389130080
>>
>>389129148
she's literally just an SJW redesign of Laura from SFV
>>
File: 1378898657417.gif (571KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1378898657417.gif
571KB, 245x250px
>>389130202
>>
File: jhin-wallpaper.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jhin-wallpaper.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389127192
>Jhin
>>
>>389130202

Sometimes, I feel bad for Randy. Then I remember Alien: Colonial Marines
>>
>>389130238
>sidecut
>hispanic

literally what else
>>
>>389130202
Randy is too pure for this world he should just end his suffering
>>
>>389130238
There's nothing SJW about her design. Except that she's wearing more clothes than Laura, maybe.
>>
>>389130238
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU DIRTY HOOLIGAN
>>
>>389130059
Her face is based on African tribal masks.

Her entire theme is Africa.
>>
File: DH9YL2gU0AEL8dp.png (1MB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DH9YL2gU0AEL8dp.png
1MB, 927x1200px
her Summer skin fixed EVERYTHING
>>
>>389128824
Balderich looks like a fucking moth more than anthing with the antennae and fur.

That being said, Orisa doesn't look like an Elephant.

>>389128932

Orisa was just based off of Quadruped mechs, look at OR14-15. The inspiration if anything came from an animal it would be the ungulates like Oryx, Antelope or even Buffalo. Not an Elephant.
>>
>>389130202
>>
>>389130238

Blizzard isn't original. Surprising?
>>
File: koMX1LT.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
koMX1LT.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>389130238
>Sombra
>SJW
Other than of "all four new heroes are brown skinned" what's even remotely SJW about Sombra
>>
>>389130335
It's too bad they couldn't represent an entire continent with something more aesthetically pleasing. You'd think there'd be options for a landmass that big.
>>
>>389130303
You don't really believe that's the worst thing he's done to someone, do you?
That was a coward's joke response, shitty people use them a lot.
>>
File: d8f33a2a034fc6966a558806bd456795.jpg (534KB, 1855x2000px) Image search: [Google]
d8f33a2a034fc6966a558806bd456795.jpg
534KB, 1855x2000px
>>389128968
I actually like the gearbox concept art, maybe those guys should move to another company
>>
>>389129259
AIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR
>>
>>389130363
Except the fact there's still no reason to play her.
>>
File: 2d6.jpg (26KB, 188x343px) Image search: [Google]
2d6.jpg
26KB, 188x343px
Overdesigned means "something I don't like".

Same shit as every other time /v/ learns a new word.
>>
>>389130439
Looks like garbage
>dude nails lmao
>>
Orisa is factually the cutest hero in Overwatch.
>>
>>389130469
I KNOW IM FUCKING PISSED, SHE NEEDS A SLIGHT BUFF OR SOMETHING FUCK.
>>
>>389130367
This one is my favorite
>>
>>389130519
WE WANT PONYFUCKERS TF2 AUDIENCE
>>
>>389130529
>slight
She straight up needs a better gun.
>>
>>389130519
ORISA
MORE LIKE
BORE-ISA
>>
>>389130519
Anon, why did you run away?
>>
File: 1468333187531.png (27KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1468333187531.png
27KB, 211x246px
>>389128590
Thats called furry perception.

You only think benedict is good a good design because your a fucking furfaggot and he caters to your taste when in reality he is not good at all..

Now go back to your containment board.
>>
>>389130293
>>389130304
>>389130373
Seriously?
dark skin, comes from south america
wavy black hair on one side, "halfhawk" on the other
the only thing they changed is slap a big coat on her to cover up her skin completely, that's why I'm calling it an SJW redesign, not because of her dark skin

there haven't been a character like that in vidya before SFV, and Blizz instantly makes a carbon copy of it makes everyone believe it's their original design
>>
>>389127192
Battleborn's designs aren't overdesigned, they plain suck, same for the shitty artstyle only diehard /co/ fags would like.
>>
File: Overwatch-Doomfist-Fisting.jpg (300KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch-Doomfist-Fisting.jpg
300KB, 2560x1440px
>>389127192

WE
>>
>>389130548
Kek
>>
>>389130640
I would fuck both of them, honestly
>>
>>389130640
>She's a delicious brown grill so it rips off SF
>She's not white so she's an SJW

It's time to stop posting anon
>>
>>389130490
>Implying krieg isn't the best character in the entire borderlands series
To be fair, most of the characters are pretty shitty
>>
People don't like Orisa? That makes me sad, she's so fun to play and her voice lines are very cute.
>>
>>389130548
How are battleborns numbers lately? Have they swapped to one server?
>>
File: ed 5.png (2MB, 1736x864px) Image search: [Google]
ed 5.png
2MB, 1736x864px
Look at old Transformers designs and then look at Michael Bay designs. One is simple and recognizable, if you break it down to just their colors you can tell what the colors are referring to usually when its a good design, you can tell who they are in a scene when they are moving around doing frantic actions, even with other characters in the scene, over designed means that there is way too much detail which makes it incredibly hard to focus on something that makes it recognizable and distinct, and when they start to move they almost become a blur, when they clash with other characters that are also designed like this it can be hard to tell characters apart.

Over designing things is a practice done by people who come out of art schools and think that more detail means more interesting design. Its is a flawed logic.
>>
>>389130707
really wish they went with something different for him
>dude tribal lmao

We could've had a fucking warlord looking motherfucker with a badass beard
>>
>>389130726
do you have some mental handicapp?

I've literally said that she's an sjw redesign NOT because of her skin but because they completely covered up her skin
>She's a delicious brown grill so it rips off SF
they not just "copied her skin" but her whole facial design structure. Laura had a fairly unique design to her, Sombra is literally just a copy-paste of Laura with a purple coat.
>>
>>389130847
Fuck off randy.
>>
>>389130847
Bye bye, rando
>>
File: d4d.png (470KB, 680x863px) Image search: [Google]
d4d.png
470KB, 680x863px
>>389127192

Because they hire tumblr artists and letter tumblr/reddit dictate their character design.
>>
>>389127192
now lets listen to the characters quotes
>>
>>389130847
Lawbreakers would've been great if everybody didn't look like they came from XCOM and actually had a recognizable silhouette.
>>
>>389130938
Overwatch shill
>>
>>389130267
You should see the one where he starts going off threatening legal action about Duke Nukem over twitter.

I can only imagine he's been trying to find out ways to claim he owns Half Life after that HL3 thing last week.
>>
>>389130938
why is McCree a street shitter now?
>>
>>389130847

Michael bay transformers has some pretty great designs for robots. It inspired an entirely new aesthetic that has been used since it was released.

Old transforms looks cool and campy, but it is a shit design overall and made by someone who lacks the skill of the transformers modeller.

Just look at art pieces made in dark ages vs renaissance.
>>
>>389130938
Fuck Overwatch
>>
File: 1495431223944.png (175KB, 502x345px) Image search: [Google]
1495431223944.png
175KB, 502x345px
>>389130640
>SF invented a haircut and south american girls
This post is so stupid it actually insults me. Are you 14? How the fuck does wearing a jacket count as SJW? Did SJWs fuck you in the ass during the winter and steal your coat? Fuck you, you make this board a worse place just by being here.
>>
File: 043735.jpg (128KB, 1541x1600px) Image search: [Google]
043735.jpg
128KB, 1541x1600px
>>389127467
damn that's a goodass joke
>>
>>389131041
Because tumblr turns all characters brown
>>
I need more Randy twitter bullying
>>
File: 20170506150353_1.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170506150353_1.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>389130478
Over designed is a real thing but much like everything /v/ spouts it has lost all meaning.

Over designed is stuff like the spikes on the chest plate here, it's add-ons just to fill space without much care for the overall look, it's nothing to do with visual clarity, although too much shit can ruin clarity
>>
>>389128413
I wanted him to be the shota from the first trailer.
>>
>>389131094
(You)
>>
>>389130847

This anon has a point. The cartoony style has an advantage of being easy to track visually. This was Valve's explicit purpose with TF2-- they also made sure the silhouettes were distinctly different to make it even easier to track.

In Lawbreakers, everything looks the same, making the whole scene look like a clusterfuck. Michael Bay movies suffer from the same problem, causing the issue where shit happens on the screen and you can't remember any of it.
>>
>>389131128
How is that bad?
>>
>>389131016
I don't think i have that one, please enjoy this classic while I dig through my folders
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x812px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x812px
>>389131135
Mcree isn't exacrtly fair skinned to begin with

>Cowboy
>Without a tan
>>
>>389131140
>that brand
is this from Berserk?
>>
File: 20161229160407_1.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161229160407_1.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>389131140
Compare the doom slayer armour, which has a fair bit of shit going on visually, lots of lines and chunks.
Everything looks like it fits and you can see what everything is for or at least what you think it's for aside from the chunky as fuck shoes what the fuck iD?
>>
>>389130707
Isn't he a crime lord?
Why isn't he in a suit or something crime bossish?
>>
>>389131136
I'm the only one that's been posting these so please enjoy the few I have left
>>
>>389131135
Have you seen him in the summer event? That man is a level past well tanned.
>>
>>389128809

In all honesty, except for the lightning gun I think most of them are fine. The lightning gun just looks plain uncomfortable to use with that handle.
>>
>>389130707
Why does he look as innocent as a newborn baby? That's what I want to know.
>>
>>389131256
He's a businessman who has a serious passion for martial arts. That's a fighting outfit.
>>
>>389131265
>>
>>389127682
>>389127296

It feels like the original team, or at least some of them, left a bit after launch. Would explain why all the post launch character are absolute garbage tier compared to the original cast.
>>
>>389129148
>Tracer keeps fucking me up
>pick Sombra and hack her from behind so she can't get away that easily
>Traces still outdamages my gun and therefore still has the advantage
nice balance
>>
>>389129148
she's the only character with that haircut that looks decent. not only is there a function for it, with the metal parts stitched into skull making her a living fucking computer, her character is/was both
1. a Hacker, and
2. a gang member
who both tend to be shown with stupid fucking haircuts.
Also the combo of her hair bangs sticking out in front of her, her bald head side, wide thick coat, and thin leggings without shoes give her a clear 'vulture' motif that I feel crazy for considering no else noticed it yet. I mean isn't her passive named opportunist or something?
>>
File: 1476425071950.png (760KB, 799x939px) Image search: [Google]
1476425071950.png
760KB, 799x939px
>>389127192
It is literally okay when sjwizzard overdesign their garbage to hell and back, OP.
>>
File: nani the fuck.png (1015KB, 726x1290px) Image search: [Google]
nani the fuck.png
1015KB, 726x1290px
>>389131251
Finally have a gander at actual over designed.
What the fuck is going on here, what do the plates do, why are his boots segmented, why does he have a fucking horn?
You can see everything here just fine but it's still over designed.
>>
>>389131265
holy kek
>DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
>yeah
>W-WELL...
>>
>>389129017
Please don't pretend like your opinion matters if you don't play competitive.
>>
>>389131239
For Honor, you can make custom embalms and slap them on heroes.

Don't buy it though, it's fun sure but it's also fucking terrible
>>
>>389131352
>>
>>389131402
STOP POSTING ART THAT MAKES HER BROWN AND APE-LIKE IN TERMS OF JAW
>>
>>389131251
Those boots are for crushing demon skulls on maximum comfort.
>>
>>389131491
I hope he actually does
>>
File: orisa climb 2.png (73KB, 963x375px) Image search: [Google]
orisa climb 2.png
73KB, 963x375px
>>389131463
Is that better?
>>
>>389131463
On the contrary. A game full of people trying to wring the most fun out of a game they can is infinitely more important than a bunch of tryhards with their rigid playstyles.
>>
>>389131383
>tfw picking off low health enemies
>tfw waving Hola before running away
I fucking love Sombra
>>
File: 1491606370970.png (153KB, 394x434px) Image search: [Google]
1491606370970.png
153KB, 394x434px
>>389131493
But that's how he looks ingame tho.
>>
>>389131501
I don't like my Doomboi having cankles.
That a problem motherfucker?
>>
File: Fucking Cancer.jpg (1MB, 1576x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Cancer.jpg
1MB, 1576x2100px
>le skinny man in a suit meme
Tired of this. Worse than object heads. Skeletons in a top hat. Who are these emotionally stunted childless losers who think kind of shit amazing? It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>389131553
This is the man who got on stage to sing about bullying at a games conference. Don't hold your breath.
>>
>>389131553
he won't
>>
>>389131556
You're not even diamond dude, you managed to invalidate your opinion EVEN MORE.
>>
File: Attikus.jpg (783KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Attikus.jpg
783KB, 1600x1600px
BADASS
>>
>>389128809
It's as if someone had a massive box of parts and someone told the designer "here, take everything and design us some guns, but you have to use every single part in the box"
>>
>>389131635
>>
>>389127372
>EDGY

Your opinion is literally worthless
>>
>>389131620
>>389131635
its just fun imagining it
>>
>>389131703
>>
>>389131648
>If you don't play comp, you don't matter
>You play comp but you don't play enough
Huh? I literally never play comp unless someone invites me so only played the last two weeks of comp. Are you gonna play Orisa with me or not, anon?
>>
>>389128045
>marquis isn't overdesigned
>his "aim" button make an animation where the whole screen goes into an iron sight tunnel
>he can't shut up
design is more than the skin, which is great
>>
File: 1490936410845.png (428KB, 853x827px) Image search: [Google]
1490936410845.png
428KB, 853x827px
>>389131703
Is he neurotically inclined to respond to everyone who speaks to him?
>>
>>389131804
ranked-faggots are the cancer that is killing fun in matchmaking games
>>
>>389131780
>>
>>389130573
This
She needs a new gun or some kind of off damage.
>>
>>389131158
Wtf are you talking about Transformers is a really bad example as thier cgi artists are some of the best in the world currently.

Their designs aren't bad especially for the main characters and have become icons for this age. Sure they do have shit designs but that is with everything, the transformers franchise isn't something to pick on especially when it has proven so successful financially.

Overwatch designs have the same issue, has some great designs and some shit ones. But for the most part they have iconic easily recognizable characters.

TF2 never hit off anywhere except with the gaming community, there has been zero interests for animations, films or anything other than the shit game itself.

TF2 is a complete assfire dogshit game that only existed because for the most part the class based shooter wasn't really popular except for TF.

That is until DOTA came out and later the more popular and successful League of Legends. Which pretty much inspired your Overwatch, Paladins, Smite you know all your current most popular games which function off of E sports.

Lawbreakers did suck because it had bland game design, and you really don't make a competitive shooter during Overwatch's hayday. Especially when you still have to compete with games like Paladins which is free.

I am just glad both Randy Pitchford and Cliff Blazinski were both BTFO by one game, their game designs themselves did help though. Now a game like Quake Champions might actually get some players because the 35 year olds here have been itching for that fast paced fps arena bullshit forever.

All in all design is subjective, simple can suck and detailed can suck, both also have the opportunity to be good though.
>>
If anyone wants the OP image at a non shit resolution
>>
>>389130640
dude, she's just the generic cyberpunk hacker cliché with implants, trenchcoats and punk hairstyles
stop trying to push you shit in, you coul argue with the sudden "oh tracer is gay" but not with sombra
>>
>>389131818
If he doesn't, people will just go "lol no comeback" or whatever.
Someone being bullied can do no right.
>>
>>389131892
80% of everything you said is objectively wrong
>>
>>389131818
That's how BADASSES are wired, friend.
>>
>>389131925
point at this anon and laugh
>>
>>389131818

He wants to be a famous well-liked dude. Said something along the lines he wanted to make it appear he was with the community or something.
>>
>>389132010
oh shit yeah whoops.

Oh well it's a good wallpaper anyway
>>
File: 55245.jpg (185KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
55245.jpg
185KB, 960x540px
>>389130930
>>389130906
If youre referring to that Borderlands shit that is a completely different thing. Style does not have anything at all to do with how good the graphics are. Hes talking about the fact that they cant actually make the graphics more realistic because the recognizable style of the game is cartoony, the characters are cartoony looking, and he doesnt like that for some reason.

Imagine if Team Fortress 3 was going to have hyper realistic graphics. The jump from 1 to 2 had people scratching their heads and either turning away from it or being interested in it because it was interesting looking visually, given how popular and recognizable TF2s style is now, do you think they would really be able to "improve the graphics" this way? THIS is what Randy was talking about with Borderlands, not simplifying or over designing, he cant make it look more graphically impressive because the style and look that makes the games recognizable would fall to the wayside, it would stop looking like a cartoon and start looking like CGI. If Borderlines had "good graphics" it would look something like RAGE, thats not saying it would look bad, but it would certainly not look Borderlands as youve come to know it.
>>
File: what's wrong with you.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
what's wrong with you.gif
726KB, 446x251px
>>389131980
At that point, who cares if they were really proud of themselves? They wouldn't even know for certain he even saw their post. Instead he gives them ammunition by validating them. Leave a troll to starve and he's not going to keep coming back for seconds.

Anon. He's doing everything wrong no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>389129345
It would say that if Sombra was white
>>
File: Jiren Face.jpg (27KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
Jiren Face.jpg
27KB, 850x560px
>>389127682
Fucking nothing about Doomfist implied that he would be anything other than a black african man. Nothing. Stop treating that shit like it's some kind of surprise. Overwatch is fucking awful in general, but you are in the wrong here.

>>389131128
Ruckus was remodeled a month or so ago. They're slowly redesigning everyone's visuals, and the current designs for a lot of characters is just placeholder. I believe Grohk is next to get a visual overhaul now that Barik's visual update is coming in.
>>
>>389128809
there's over design and there's being able to tell which weapon someone has.
although I can't defend the fact they the just added stupid ass weapon shaders ala csgo
>>
File: 81.png (53KB, 961x409px) Image search: [Google]
81.png
53KB, 961x409px
>>389131804
Imagine playing over 100 games last season and still being a platinum shitter. Why are you still wasting your time?

>placed Masters this season
>>
>>389132003

The only thing that was fueld by personal opinion was TF2 being a shit game.

The rest is straight up fact.
>>
Anyone else here purely for Randy hatred?
>>
>>389132201
b8
>>
>>389131128
wow a Runescape goblin in a robot
>>
>>389132153
>Fucking nothing about Doomfist implied that he would be anything other than a black african man.
His name is MOTHERFUCKING DOOMFIST. That alone implies he's going to be a big, scary dude. At most, he's slightly buff. Just having a robot arm does not entitle you to the name of DOOM-FUCKING-FIST
>>
>>389132007
That last reply was weak as fuck.
>>
File: Wub.png (102KB, 241x232px) Image search: [Google]
Wub.png
102KB, 241x232px
>>389132272
Given that every single Doomfist prior was a muscular black dude with a robot arm, yeah, the current Doomfist is in line with the previous ones.
>>
File: 1491765232341.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491765232341.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>389131892
>RoTT rehash still sitting in the corner trying to wave down one of these 35 year olds who're supposedly itching for it
>quake champions might actually get some players
>>
File: mlord.gif (2MB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
mlord.gif
2MB, 335x237px
>>389127192
the top design is alright, shame its in battleborn because toned back a little it could work in something better like overwatch imo. omnic gentleman from kings row who took up arms after zennys brother was killed or something.
>>
>>389132213
I'm still here for you anon <3
>>
>>389131163
uninspired, through and through, it has zero flair as either a mech or a medieval battle machine, and Ruckus himself is reminiscent of the first piece of clipart you find while searching "goblin", having absolutely nothing that sets him apart and makes him stand out
>>
>>389132272
His past incarnations were a warlord and something else.

This is something different than those, the design isn't even bad.
>>
File: url.jpg (310KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
310KB, 1215x717px
>>389131128
Rumble is still my favourite gerbil in a mechsuit. Paladins and REALGRAPHICS just look worse.
>>
>>389131780
What chan is this from? I've stumbled upon it on accident once but forgot.
>>
>>389132349
>the current Doomfist is in line with the previous ones.
No he isn't. All the previous ones look badass. He's a baby-face.
>>
>>389127192
Pretty much all fantasy/scifi stuff is overdesigned because they're made by nerds who don't understand a damn thing about aesthetics or direction. Realism has the benefit of someone more competent having done all the design work that you're just copying.
>>
>>389132180
>Lucio
Nice, you just heal people that are good
>>
File: ss (2017-09-03 at 05.15.06).jpg (55KB, 1194x302px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-03 at 05.15.06).jpg
55KB, 1194x302px
>>389132180
That's not Orisa and literally never play comp. Good job on winning though! I'll cheer you on despite you not using Orisa.
>>
>>389132431
>Dramatized propaganda posters make people look more intense than they really are
No shit.
>>
>>389132330
>>
>>389132481
>video game characters can't look however they fucking want for the sake of living up to hype
>hype that has been generated since BEFORE THE GAME CAME OUT
lol ok
>>
>>389132460
Season 5 was last season, dumbass. Unless you played Orisa in Season 3? Which you couldn't?

>plays less so you don't matter

Actually you play more than me, you're just terrible.
>>
>>389131892
>there has been zero interests for animations, films or anything other than the shit game itself.
how can people even be this disconnected from reality
>>
>>389132487
Wasnt it proven that Randy was the one that made that subreddit to try to promote his game?
>>
>>389132385
The newer suit looks better but yeah, ruckus himself looks like a green child with big ears now.
Shouldn't mind him looking like a generic fantasy goblin though, since I believe the whole setting is generic fantasy, but in the future.
>>
>>389132542
I mean you don't like Doomfist, that's fine whatever. I don't really give a shit about him either, I'm just kind of confused as to why you're surprised about how he looks. Especially given the game's art direction.
>>
>>389127192
Over designed is a jargon term, it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>389132106
Fuck you Rabdy you sjw cuck
>>
File: ss (2017-09-03 at 05.20.17).jpg (35KB, 1474x184px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-03 at 05.20.17).jpg
35KB, 1474x184px
>>389132543
I know I'm terrible, anon-kun. I just play the game for what it is, a causal cash grab with waifus. I'm still gonna cheer for you though!
>>
>>389128135
I don't think you can make the argument has a concise style, it's by design made to appeal to absolutely everyone, sci fi, western, fantasy, anime etc
There is some attempt to tie everything together by making every character have at least some futuristic element (future gunslinger, future Viking) but I doubt you could take a different games character and apply some Overwatch "style" and have anyone pinpoint what game it's referencing, it's just too vague.
>>
File: AUJtoaK.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AUJtoaK.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389131128
Why are you posting an alternate skin to make a point?

Retard. Nobody gives a shit about Gigantic.
>>
File: pointatthisfaggotandlaugh.jpg (22KB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
pointatthisfaggotandlaugh.jpg
22KB, 320x352px
>>389127467
>tries not to be a shill
>ends with shilling
whatever you say design expert.
>>
>>389132561
yes
>>
>>389132106
>he cant make it look more graphically impressive because the style
they make 3d disney movies anually that are more graphically impressive than any game that will be released in the upcoming 20 years, are you fucking clueless or what?
>>
>>389132558
I mean actual films not shitty SFM bullshit moron. Fucking idiots actually claiming their SFM horse diarrhea on the same level as actual animations.

Your post is ironic.
>>
>>389132593
Let me walk you through it one last time because at this point even I barely care:
>character is hyped up to be a big bad as early as the first trailer
>character is named DOOMFIST
>a year passes, character comes out with all the fanfare of a dry dusty fart
>doesn't look interesting or intimidating at all, he's just an ordinary guy who lives up to the bare minimum of having a robotic arm
I don't think I'm going out on a limb expressing a LITTLE frustration about this.
>>
>>389129746
t. Hasn't played since may
>>
>>389132395
>not chipper
you don't know shit about anything
>>
>>389132359
This is fake
>>
File: 1497303995275.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1497303995275.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>389132487
I still can't believe this happened
>>
>>389132725
That still looks pretty uninspired, tbqh. Maybe even more uninspired because this is the level of tech you'd expect of a goblin.
>>
>>389127682
It's because they wanted it to look more like Saxton Hale.
They are out of ideas so they just copy characters from TF2. What is next, payload race?
>>
File: 1504065627197.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504065627197.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389131572
Like hell it does.
>>
File: Burger King.jpg (410KB, 822x903px) Image search: [Google]
Burger King.jpg
410KB, 822x903px
>>389132790
That sounds like it's partly due to burnout then. Then again I'm likely projecting because I was hyped about Doomfist from the game's release and I stopped giving a shit, and even outright began hating Overwatch a month into its lifespan and a year later I couldn't give less of a shit. I even sold my Blizzard account for a copy of Sonic Mania.
>>
>>389132007
tbqh randy's response is better
>>
>>389132842
Alas, anon, the roosters are crowing in my neck of the woods, and I must make it back under my bridge before daybreak so that I may shitpost Randy bullying another night. I hope I brought you many laffs <3
>>
>>389133007
>I even sold my Blizzard account for a copy of Sonic Mania.
Not a bad deal you made there, to be honest. I'd much rather have Mania.
>>
>>389133023
Randy's response isn't true, where as the last one is.
>>
>Doomfist could have literally been anything with a big fist
>Just makes it generic angry grunting black man-ape because Africa
At least its accurate but it gets really annoying how everything you do is HURRRRAAAAAAAA or RRRRRRUUUAAAAAA
>>
>>389132725
>alternate skin
nigga it used to be default, even they knew it looked like shit and changed it
not that that looks much better but at least they tried
>>
>>389133135
At least they didn't
>>
>>389133135
Should've been an omnic. We literally only have two omnics in the entire roster and one is just a nigger's "MY FIVE YEAR OLD JEENUS BABBY MADE A COMPUTER OOGA BOOGA" clockmed shit.
>>
>>389131251
Doomslayers "boots" are designed to offer maximum support and stability. His legs and feet are rigged so he doesn't break his ankles when hes shoving his size 11's up demon assholes.
>>
>>389133159
Exactly, it was then and not now.
>>
Overdesigned = Not going to actually critic it but say it's 'overdesigned' and when pushed say 's-so much going on [lists everything on the design] so that's why it's shit'.
>>
>>389127192
overdesign is a pretty explicit term. IT comes in several forms:
too much details everywhere. Think Renaissance paintigs with 50 layers of embroided everywhere. Too much is too much.
One gimic repeated too much. It's common in games to have gimmic characters, but when each part of the body gets the same item it just becomes grotesque. that's the "belt and zipper" syndrome.
finally you can have "the random mess" design, where the artist couldn't define his character, so each piece of clothing is designed like some sort of flashy artifact, And they often don't even match in colors that are all fluo and bright. This is you Typical DA OC.
That said, overdesign can be intended to show a character personality (exentric, obsessed, overworldy), but in modern games it mostly comes from incompetent artists copying each others, or "big names" stuck in a yes men bubble and flanderizing themselves.
>>
>>389132543
Degrade me more?
>>
Huh, so /v/ really is shills fighting other shills.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1215x717px
i miss him
>>
File: Sion_OriginalSkin_old.jpg (171KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Sion_OriginalSkin_old.jpg
171KB, 1215x717px
>>389133835
You have no idea, friendo
>>
>>389133925
>>389133835
Fuck off
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>389133925
mordekaiser got me into gold
old poppy got me into plat
urgot got me to diamond
why must i suffer
>>
>>389134046
Because apparently you have fucking awful taste
>>
>>389133835
I don't understand at all what they did with Urgot. They basically dropped his mark and punish play and turned him into a generic bruiser and not a good one at that since he has to be balanced for being ranged. And what's up with the exploding knees?
>>
>>389134283
No fun allowed
>>
File: detail[1].jpg (92KB, 432x540px) Image search: [Google]
detail[1].jpg
92KB, 432x540px
>>
>>389133224
only size 11 huh?
>>
File: da.png (236KB, 650x875px) Image search: [Google]
da.png
236KB, 650x875px
Gigantic has better characters than both
>>
>>389134649
the gun at the bottom is perfectly fine though. That dude is mixing global design and usability in animation, where detail has to stay low to be animated.
>>
>>389134748
No one cares
>>
>>389134780
I care
>>
>>389133226
Overwatch didn't need do-overs to cover up their mistakes
>>
>>389134283
instead of balancing him they remade him into a new champ
Riot learned that people got tired of a new champion with broken mechanics coming out every other week(S2 and S3) so they slowed down the releasing of new champs. But to compensate for that they're reworking perfectly balanced old champions into new champions that are next to impossible to balance while giving less and less options on how to play the game.
>>
File: Snekman.png (42KB, 234x166px) Image search: [Google]
Snekman.png
42KB, 234x166px
>>389135232
That's because Overwatch put audiovisual polish and marketing before gameplay and it fell flat on its ass for a good number of people as a result. Hell half of the people I see playing this game and even know personally don't even seem to fucking enjoy it and just suffer through every experience with it, even conversation. Why even play at that point?
>>
File: goblin shredder.png (103KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
goblin shredder.png
103KB, 350x350px
>>389131402
Really blown away by the originality
>>
File: 1503742330533.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1503742330533.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>Ana, Sombra and Doomfist
>all niggers
>all new heroes released post launch are niggers and a horse robot out of Digimon that was made by a genius tribal nigger
why Americans are so obsessed with niggers
>>
>>389135447
WE
>>
>>389135447
>Egyptian and Mexican
>niggers
WE
>>
>>389135475
literally cucks
>>
>>389135498
to be fair, Mexicans were half from the Spanish empire and possibly form the Mayan/Incan/Aztec tribes which were basically kingdoms.
>>
>>389135498
>he thinks country of origin dictates a person's skin color
American education, everyone
>>
File: 8.png (208KB, 426x630px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
208KB, 426x630px
>>389135447
>4 characters post-release
>3 are brown
>3 are African
>3 are female (Orisa is feminine and was designed by a female)
Actually yeah I can see how that shit can get tiresome. I don't even play OW but they need to mix shit up.
>>
>>389135571
They aren't niggers either way you stupid brainlet
>>
File: 343423423.jpg (1MB, 1881x3009px) Image search: [Google]
343423423.jpg
1MB, 1881x3009px
>>389135617
>They aren't niggers either way you stupid brainlet
I don't know if you are either delusional or just don't have arguments to refute the incessant nigger loving in OW.
>>
>>389129148
>only well designed character post-launch
Fix the hair and I'd agree she's a good design, but
>Ana even remotely bad
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>389135774
>mexican and egyptian
bruh
>>
File: overwatch_the_queen.jpg (73KB, 592x960px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch_the_queen.jpg
73KB, 592x960px
>>389135595
>tfw a possible future hero hits all the tumblr marks but you still love her
I'm sorry.
>>
>>389135774
your pic only contains one subsaharan african
>>
>>389135974
Y______S
Q______N
S________Y
>>
>>389135595
>Ana
>African
That's like saying Turkey is in Europe. Technically yes, but it's so far removed from everything else it might as well not be.
>>
>>389127192
It's not. Orisa is shit and a fucking blunder
>>
>>389135974
>tfw queen will be first trans character
you just know it
>>
File: 1488168838880.jpg (23KB, 358x262px) Image search: [Google]
1488168838880.jpg
23KB, 358x262px
>>389135774
If you can't tell that Doomfist is a big-lipped broad-nosed sub-saharan negro unlike the other two you're frankly the one who is delusional or blind.
>>
File: 1348070228166.jpg (14KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
1348070228166.jpg
14KB, 200x192px
>>389135974
I like it, to be honest.

I be she's fucking called Sheila, or that's part of her dialogue.
>>
File: tumblr_omvpja6cbA1tb5g6zo2_1280.png (260KB, 480x888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omvpja6cbA1tb5g6zo2_1280.png
260KB, 480x888px
>>389130640
Blizzard took Laura and Skye and smashed them together to make Sombra.

>>389136049
Nigger Egypt is in Africa, there's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It wasn't addressing her ethnicity, I never said she was black. Fuck there are plenty of white people in Africa and the point would still stand if she were.
>>
>>389136127
Not an argument. "African" implies black.
>>
>>389135974
God I hope those tits are in-game
>>
File: 1492402177202.jpg (79KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492402177202.jpg
79KB, 960x720px
>>389136201
No it doesn't. "African" implies that the person in question "hails from Africa". Just because you're fucking stupid and immediately equate African with "black person" it doesn't mean that everyone else does. Anyone with a passing knowledge of modern history is fully aware that Africa is populated with quite a few whites and arabs, even Indians.
>>
Anyone else really disappointing with how bland Doomfist is personality wise? I didnt exactly expect the Old Spice commercial guy but Terry Crews playing a boastful villain or even the idea that the gauntlet is sentient and controlling the human wearing it would have both been much better.
>>
>>389136298
>ayo das racis'
African = black
>>
File: 1498022481437.png (191KB, 423x288px) Image search: [Google]
1498022481437.png
191KB, 423x288px
I want to impregnate Orisa's artificial womb!
>>
>>389128045
That arm is the definition of overdesigned, so much pointless or just obnoxiously large shit tacked on that it just looks awful.
>>
File: paladins.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
paladins.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
it's not okk when blizzard does it
>>
>>389136343
yea, his gameplay also sucks ass.
the anime release video was pretty cool but overall he is the worst hero yet
>>
>>389136526
The "hardcore action black dude" trope is one I like so I like Lex for that alone (Lucian, Blade, Simon Phoenix (who Lex more or less is if Phoenix were a cop), Raven, etc. But fuck Lex because that little shit is annoying regardless of whose team he's on.
>>
>>389136435
Hey there, fellow Orisa anon.
>>
>>389136298
>insulting north africans by calling them african
>>
>>389136718
>Being retarded
As much as I want to consider California to be a foreign entity it's still a part of the US so fuck off.
>>
>>389136343
Well he's a nigger and he punches things. Its's not a amazing or surprising thing. His voice lines are aggressive and make him seem power but doesn't give off any violence or threat. The skins are really awful with the only one I liked being the painted one.
>>
>>389129148
She had 3 generals up on /v/ at a time, stop being a bitch.
>>
>>389136782
Egyptians and other north africans are far more genetically similar to europeans than sub-saharans.
>>
File: IMG_2912.jpg (111KB, 967x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2912.jpg
111KB, 967x615px
>>389136201
oh hey look its one of those retarded ape americans who think egyptians are niggers
>>
>>389137015
They're still on the continent of Africa. They're Africans. Surprise surprise, a big ass continent has a fairly wide spread of people and environments. Cut the bullshit.
>>
File: 1503021172167.png (1MB, 982x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503021172167.png
1MB, 982x1000px
>>389130707
Literally Chad
>>
>>389136298
>>389136127
>>389137154
>makes a big deal about how egypt is in Africa so African =/= black
>Calls him American despite the fact that that Canada and Mexico are both part of America

i dont understand are you telling me you can call someone a term based on the continent they live on but have that term also not apply to every group on the continent?
>>
File: unknown.png (12KB, 359x175px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
12KB, 359x175px
>>389137564
I didn't call anyone American. This person is an idiot >>389137154
>>
>>389136343
You're right...the VA they got delivers the lines in such a boring way (although maybe that's the director's fault in the end). Theres no personality there at all. You could replace him with literally any X black man in the world and have the same character. Shoulda been a Barrett type character.

Also I can't stand his "I'm so mean I make medicine sick" line. Its so cringy.
>>
>>389137564
you need to go back
>>
File: 1476664884399.jpg (435KB, 1280x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1476664884399.jpg
435KB, 1280x1426px
>>389127192
I don't want to defend either the fedora-bot or the wewuz-bot, but neither of these are "overdesigned"
Overdesigned to me means a design that has more details than it needs, often ending in useless visual clutter.
>>
>>389135232
paladins is still in beta hothead
>>
>>389129794
>Also reputation, pritchford and Burch.
oh please, the amount of people that actually gives a crap about these things are insuficient in numbers to justify the failure
>>
>>389130265
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>389130265
I love jhin's design
>>
>>389130847
The original Transformers look goofy, like they'd have trouble aiming properly and firing their weapons. Michael Bay's at least look like they serve some benefit besides being giant chunks of metal. TF2 is not a good example of good design for the purposes you chose, they are literally clones that have been coloured differently.

None of this is good design, you're right about interpretation, and that's the thing. It doesn't matter as long as it's interpreted properly. You can just paint a skin, like in tf2, and people will understand. What you're talking about in Game terms has nothing to do with what this thread is about. This is the problem, people like you get nostalgic about shit that people didn't have the ability to make good.

Literally battleborn has better cohesion than anyone in this thread gives it credit for. You can take any two characters and just by looking at them determine their role in the narrative of the universe. That is provided you played at least to the end of the tutorial to gain enough context. I guess instead they should have just smeared Red and blue paint over everything.
>>
>>389129364
Well, you're mostly right, but if you look at Hanzo for exemple, it's a pretty basic and boring design.
For me, Blizzard's success comes from the way they polish their game. Even big companies always have nasty textures/bugs/animations somewhere, but Blizzard manage to give something crafted with a lot of attention every time. It's smooth as fuck.
>>
>>389130847
You're an idiot
>>
>>389137852
I've seen this picture for many years, but I still notice new and unnecessary shit on there.
>>
>>389138264
Not to mention well....MB Transformers pretty much look like what a real Transformer would. That was the objective of the design.
>>
>>389127192
Marquis is probably one of, if not THE, only decent designs from Battleborn.
And it's just a robot in a coat.
>>
>>389133339
>too much details everywhere
detail is not the actual problem, it's when the details overtake readability
take real life for example, everything has an unimaginable level of detail down to the sub-subatomic level, but those details generally vanish into a cohesive whole outside of close inspection, which is due to similar colors and shapes

take my arm for example, there's tons of veins and hairs and little blemishes and moles, but their colors are derived from the general colors of the skin, and their shapes flow with the rest of the arm, so it doesn't actually look overly complicated (even though a single cell is more complex than a top-of-the-line PC)
>>
>>389133135
he's lifting that huge robotic arm, you would do the same thing if you were in his place
>>
File: Hanzo_Reference_1.jpg (180KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Hanzo_Reference_1.jpg
180KB, 1600x900px
>>389138289
>but if you look at Hanzo for exemple, it's a pretty basic and boring design.
Are we looking at the same character?
>>
>tfw will never fuck Orisa
>>
>>389128248
a 7 foot muscular black man with a giant gauntlet is pretty imposing.
>>
>>389138674
Not him but the design is good, though not very outstanding or original, which it doesn't need to be but I think thats why he said its basic and boring
>>
>>389137852
>pizza cutter sword to cut the pizzas he keeps in his bag
kek
>>
>>389138792
yeah but not when he's running around with a blank expression and voice acting designed for the 90 year old woman with heart problems demographic
>>
>>389137852
Luso's design is perfect, actually. It encapsulates the idea of a chaotic journey, filled with all sorts of bizarre individuals and experiences.
>>
>>389138674
His tiny fucking ankles bother me so much
>>
>>389139032
Explain the plastic pizza cutter blade with no grip then
or the book-suspending pizzas
>>
>>389127192
Fact is, OP, "overdesigned" has always been a purely subjective term for how intricate the viewer thinks a design should be. For many it's totally possible to lose the appeal of an image (character for instance) by drawing in too many details that might detract from the more important aspects of the character (i.e. an edgelord who wears two hats, and the game never explains why he wears two hats).

It's not really a big deal and only snobs would actually argue about it. You either like it or you don't.
>>
>>389138289
you don't want to be flashy and eccentric when you're an assassin that attacks from a distance, giving him a full-ninja suit would not work either because he would be too anonymous.
>>
>>389138842
A non hooded not female elf archer that wasn't a custom character? It's been a while for me.
>>
File: images (32).jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
images (32).jpg
13KB, 250x250px
Look at this over designed garbage. You've got feathers on your helmet, why? A fucking plume of feathers, just random straps hanging about with studs over more straps. Meanwhile leaving your feet and ankles vulnerable, don't get me started on the fucking Cape.
>>
>>389139080
aren't those robotic implants?
>>
>>389139168

Ha, reminds me of that post mercilessly criticizing the design of a supposed rpg map, which in actuality is just an inverted map of Europe.
>>
>>389139019
That's kinda true. His voice lines are really lame and flat because Blizzard wants to keep things tame.
It works fine with good guys or silly characters like Reinhardt or Junkrat where you can ham it up while keeping it safe.
>>
>>389138667
That doesn't even make sense. Any good power armor or equipment design shouldn't have you shouldering the weight of the equipment. Do you hear Iron Man complaining or grunting about how heavy his armor is? Or Samus?
It would have mechanisms in place to make it easier to lift and move around.
>>
>>389139230
Probably.
>>
File: ssod.jpg (373KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ssod.jpg
373KB, 1500x1500px
>>389127192
This whole game is an overdesign. It makes me physically ill to even look at it or its cover.
>>
>>389139294
>His voice lines are really lame and flat because Blizzard wants to keep things tame.
I don't understand why. Sure, maybe you don't want him to punch people into red mist while he screams obscenities, but you can still make an energetic character. He's fucking supposed to be evil, make him hammy. They should have gotten terry crews.
>>
>>389127678

Underrated
>>
>>389139307
I want to know what he's counter balancing that huge arm with.
>>
>>389139307
he probably asked some back-alley doctor to bolt the gauntlet on his shoulder, he does not care about being precise as long as he can punch someone in the face
>>
>>389139460
BIG
>>
>>389139405
They wanted to make him serious and intimidating, but also keep it tame for that mainstream audience (and kids). So they kinda just made him boring.
>>
File: 1481901731469.png (179KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1481901731469.png
179KB, 500x338px
>>389139365
the fuck is that gun
>>
>>389139307
I'm guessing charging the arm generates a ton of energy, to the point where it hurts to use.
>>
File: 1502564528657.jpg (28KB, 512x262px) Image search: [Google]
1502564528657.jpg
28KB, 512x262px
>Orisa buffs coming

Finally, best bot will get the love she deserves
>>
>>389130006
This isn't attractive. Long haired girls a shit
>>
>>389139490
That kinda makes sense, I guess. Wouldn't expect Talon operatives to be that poor or to have such a situation but it makes sense. Then again I haven't delved into the lore
>>
>>389127467
Mal'damba is the only good looking character in Paladins.
>>
>>389139690
t. Snake
>>
>>389129193
Her inflatable ass says otherwise.
>>
>>389136526
>slide in, kill everyone then spam laugh
This nigga is ok in my book.
>>
>>389137437
This is one of my favorite overall skins in OW.

Why play as Doomfist when you can play as P.Jack from Tekken on 'roids
>>
>>389139805
They retconned the inflatable ass
>>
>>389139867
P.Jack is much bigger than Doomfist
>>
>>389139751
I don't even play Paladins desu. Out of all the ones I've seen Maldamba is the only one that isn't either bland, ugly or obvious fapbait.
>>
File: 1415464824016.webm (652KB, 742x710px) Image search: [Google]
1415464824016.webm
652KB, 742x710px
>>389139879
The memory remains and the webm.
>>
>>389139928
I meant more the gauntlet aspect of the skin. I know P.Jack was physically larger, but they're not going to go and change the dimensions of the character model unfortunately.
>>
>>389140013
Not that i'm complaining, but what was even the point of the inflatable ass?

Also how do we complain enough to get it back?
>>
>>389140101
It was a glitch. Not working as intended.
>>
>>389139932
>I don't even play Paladins

So why are you commenting on a game you don't know about?
>>
File: tumblr_oessxyAO3d1rha9roo1_1280.png (435KB, 1000x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oessxyAO3d1rha9roo1_1280.png
435KB, 1000x793px
>>389139932
>Not liking Bomb King, Makoa, Drogoz, or Evie
Mal'Damba's "gun" is a live snake. It just spits and he "reloads" by throwing them at people, which stuns targets.
>>
File: pr.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pr.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
Are you asking for a general idea of what overdesigned means? see pic
>>
>>389135447
two of those aren't even niggers you retarded subhuman

why are eurotrash some of the only people on this board more embarrassing than murricans
>>
File: cyborg-justice-league-poster.jpg (168KB, 810x1199px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg-justice-league-poster.jpg
168KB, 810x1199px
>>389140182
Also pic
>>
>>389136015
>YEARS
>QUINN
>SONY

what did you mean by this?
>>
>>389140151
>needing to play to see a character
>>
>>389140273
that looks like a poorly photoshopped face on a robot body
>>
>>389140182
Fuck you for making me remember that mess.
>>
>>389140151
Because I can still judge the designs. I'd bet money most people in this thread haven't played Battleborn either, including you.

>>389140172
>Bomb King
Okay, I guess. The blue is a bit loud, and I don't like his weird bell hat thing. Looks like a fun guy though, you can really tell what sort of character he is from looking at him.

>Makoa
Actually quite nice. Reminds me of Gamera or something.

>Drogoz
Looks decent, but I feel like there's a bit too much going on with his backpack and the horns and whatnot.

>Evie
Fapbait
>>
>>389140664
>all attractive women are fapbait

okay nigger
>>
File: Drogoz Wings.png (991KB, 750x821px) Image search: [Google]
Drogoz Wings.png
991KB, 750x821px
>>389140664
>All females are fapbait
I mean I saw it coming but whatever. Also Drogoz is gaudy as fuck because he's a wannabe Dragon trying to hoard his jew gold. Also he's voiced by Chris Rager.
>>
File: 1503507708552.jpg (25KB, 301x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503507708552.jpg
25KB, 301x540px
>>389140752
>>389140780
He's not wrong though, all the Paladin females have perfect figures and faces, at least Blizzard attempted some form variety with one chunky female.
>>
>>389140752
>>389140780
Okay, fine. I don't like Evie's design because of her ugly hairstyle and her overdesigned staff.
>>
>>389140780
>they are going to remove his jet pack soon
I wonder if he's going to get a real wing
>>
>>389140902
>implying Mei isnt fapbait
>>
>>389140902
Chunky is perfect, though.
>>
>>389140902
>at least Blizzard attempted some form variety with one chunky female.
And an old grandma, and a giant bodybuilder, and a weird robot.
>>
File: PaladinsEvieImpressions01.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PaladinsEvieImpressions01.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>389140752
>>389140780
>fapbait
Well it certainly doesn't look good.
>>
>>389129395
>didn't get what i wanted, so...
>First thing I did was buy...
you are cancer
begone
>>
>>389140902
Mei is fetishized as hell. I would know because she's the character in OW most worthy of jacking off to.
t. Thiccfag.

>>389140957
>Punk ass fake dragon getting real wings
Lmaoing at your life my man

>>389140937
>Overdesigned staff
Yeah fuck off

>>389141012
I can clearly see what they're going for with Evie and like it, but I don't think the devs really know how to model her face in such a way to get that "cute pest" thing going.
>>
File: aaron paul laser eyes.jpg (18KB, 285x287px) Image search: [Google]
aaron paul laser eyes.jpg
18KB, 285x287px
>>389140902
乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚
>>
>>389129007
because "muh unique special snowflake ugly oogabooga waifu in a game full of otherwise relatively beautiful women"
>>
>>389127192
Orisa's just a shit character. Definitely messed up with that one, Sombra too. The rest of the cast is still way above battleborn.
>>
>>389141132
It is overdesigned though. It looks like something out of Kingdom Hearts with all those angle and spikes and shit.
>>
>>389141012
That girl is cute as fuck.
>>
File: victorian-style-graphic-design.jpg (58KB, 660x300px) Image search: [Google]
victorian-style-graphic-design.jpg
58KB, 660x300px
>>389127192
Marquis has a great design, one of the few good ones in Battleborn.

The "overdesigned" parts are the golden ornate stuff, but his entire character is Victorian-esque, which was all about visual saturation.

Orisa isn't really overdesigned, she's just shit, except for guys who really wanted a robot waifu, which I can respect.
>>
>>389140127
>people unironically believe this obvious lie
lel
>>
File: I9Z25T9.jpg (88KB, 561x623px) Image search: [Google]
I9Z25T9.jpg
88KB, 561x623px
>>389141248
>Any detail whatsoever is overdesign
It's a glorified rocket launcher in the shape of a magic staff. There is nothing ambiguous about Evie's design whatsoever and she's very readable.
>>
File: 1503424406822.png (230KB, 558x491px) Image search: [Google]
1503424406822.png
230KB, 558x491px
>>389141346
>>
>>389141321
>great design
Eh, I'd call it decent. "Psychopathic gentleman killer robot" isn't really a new concept any way.
>>
>>389130265
>Jhin is trapped in LoL
why did they have to do this.
>>
>>389141502
>animator spends months on one single animation of one single character
>"this was completely unintentional"
lol
>>
>>389127467
>hirez still has people playing their games after tribes
>>
>>389130707
Why does he have random etchings in him?
>>
File: 1488220080419.jpg (242KB, 1199x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1488220080419.jpg
242KB, 1199x1061px
>there are people that don't like Fernando
>>
>>389131128
whoa... truly the successor to overwatch...
>>
>>389127192
I thought battleborn's char designs were way better than Overwatch.
IMO BB>OW>PALADINS
>>
>>389142190
>Be a squishy
>Get memed on Fernando because lolFernando
Fuck you salsa man
>>
>>389142114
cyborg body
why do you think his smaller fist is a gun
>>
File: 1499461183054.png (4KB, 118x118px) Image search: [Google]
1499461183054.png
4KB, 118x118px
>>389142264
dont be mad. kite the amigo
>>
Some people talk about "thematic unity" but I don't think that should be a rule. Like Street Fighter has very little thematic unity between characters. Ryu and C.Viper look like they come from 2 different games as with Blanka and Q but people fucking love those designs and 2 of those are instantly recognizable. I think trying to play to one theme all the time can end up being restricted
>>
File: profile-crop.png (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
profile-crop.png
1MB, 1600x1600px
>>389142230
They're so unique and fit in with the wacky world perfectly XD

The floating crown <3 hahaha get rekt blizzard!
>>
File: Fernando.png (179KB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
Fernando.png
179KB, 1000x641px
>>389142459
>Not playing Sanic Fernando
>>
>>389142497
That's a bad example to pick though, because that design is actually real good if they toned down the exaggerated chest.
>>
File: 1500999950544.jpg (308KB, 672x950px) Image search: [Google]
1500999950544.jpg
308KB, 672x950px
>>389142568
>implying i dont
>>
>>389142206
paladins was before than overwatch
>>
>>389142472
Way too vague there, bucko. That's like saying every fighting game should have a 2d sprite character blocked in with solid colour to contrast among the 3d characters because it'd a "different theme". Clearly not.

Street fighter isn't even a good example, we're talking about team based arena shooters
>>
>>389141847
Even her tummy gets bigger. No way thats intentional
>inb4 le futa bulge totally intentional xD
>>
>>389142740
>That's like saying every fighting game should have a 2d sprite character blocked in with solid colour to contrast among the 3d characters because it'd a "different theme

How the fuck did you get that from the previous post? Are you tired?
>>
>>389142621
>tumblr crown
>random glowing eyes
>WWE wrestling shit
>purple colour scheme
>mexican
>No character personality outside of "I can punch things!"

There's literally nothing good about it. Battleborn has the same garbage humor as borderlands, and suffers for it. Every single character has "CUHRAZEE" as their adjective, giving the audience no further reason to give a shit.

Learn to start taking criticism
>>
what if Sombra could telefrag ?
>>
File: confused japanese man.jpg (111KB, 413x334px) Image search: [Google]
confused japanese man.jpg
111KB, 413x334px
>>389143080
>>tumblr crown
>>
>>389127192
The top looks like some dumb, cringy, steampunk shit.
The bottom looks like a well designed robot.
>>
>>389142947
>How the fuck did you get that from the previous post
>Way too vague there, bucko

That's the point. Try reading.
>>
>>389127192
>Take a Greek Mythological Creature
>Make it both a robot and a nigger at the same time
Every fucking time
>>
File: tumblr_otx6l00BdZ1seb329o1_500.png (377KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otx6l00BdZ1seb329o1_500.png
377KB, 422x750px
>>389143149
Oh, floating crowns are a /v/ meme

My bad
>>
>>389143149
Hallo thar
>>
File: tumblr_ov8ihcRvak1wqucito1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ov8ihcRvak1wqucito1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x644px
>>389143149
*hovers a crown above your head*
>>
File: qLtvztG[1].jpg (100KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
qLtvztG[1].jpg
100KB, 500x373px
>>389143620
>>389143505
>>389143668
you have a sickness
>>
File: hunted.jpg (89KB, 600x282px) Image search: [Google]
hunted.jpg
89KB, 600x282px
Oh an English Gentleman robot hunter with a rifle how thrillingly fucking original.
>>
File: fixd.jpg (289KB, 672x950px) Image search: [Google]
fixd.jpg
289KB, 672x950px
>>389142640
>what is anatomy
fucking tumblrites
>>
File: tumblr_n99c4mZEUe1sm6rpoo1_500.png (336KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n99c4mZEUe1sm6rpoo1_500.png
336KB, 500x625px
>>389143149
Hey guys!!! battleborn thread amirite let's goooooo
>>
>>389143746
>Tfw you were too busy being fixated on Fernando's hypnotic smile to notice his legs not being attached to his body.
>>
File: tumblr_nu0itcCIVG1qia7fyo1_1280.png (420KB, 1022x936px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu0itcCIVG1qia7fyo1_1280.png
420KB, 1022x936px
>>389143716
Tumblr here. Floating crowns are a great meme so fuck off.
>>
>>389140182
it's just shit, but it's not overdesigned.
>>
>>389139365
Nope, it's not what overdesign stands for.
>>
>>389137852
It's not about details, it's about theme and items themselves. details is a matter of style.
>>
>>389127192
Orisa was designed by a nigger loli in the lore, that's why she looks like a shit
>>
>>389139580
God she's so fucking kino

Overwatch isn't popular for it's gameplay or balance, it's god tier design direction.
>>
>>389127678
This. Orisa isn't great either, but her design is simple and fits in with the old TF2 philosophy where you should be able to identify a character at a glance.
>>
File: daybreak-coronet[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
daybreak-coronet[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>389143878
>>389143771
You seem like the sort of person who would asphyxiate yourself if you saw tumblr breathing air
>>
>>389129746
>Diva meta
>September 2017

lmaoing at ur life
>>
>>389128632
lol, I remember this bearded beta-cuck on my facebook was soooo excited for Orisa before they confirmed what she was, thinking it was going to be a small black girl, beacuse he's just blinded by representation and virtue signalling.

Everyone disgusted with him, because they said it was fucked up to be able to kill children in games.

For once, the reaction to his stupid bullshit was great.
>>
Overwatch's art style is an amalgamation of stolen works that pander to the LCD, pleb, fourteen year-old tastes of modern gamers.

You should not care what anyone has positive to say about Overwatch's designs, those people are retarded Blizzfags.
>>
>>389131352
/v/ should've slapped together a team and practiced for a bit to win the Battleborn Toruney. Not there would be much competition.
>>
>>389144207
would have preferred brown loli desu
>hurr she looks like a monkey
but monkeys are cute
>>
>>389128968
I like the look of this.
The colours make me think of Quake, and I like the cartoony design.

Too bad Gearbox went from crazy retard punk aesthetics for Borderlands, and pushed it into retard overdrive for Battleborn with it's tumblr designs.
>>
>>389129148
>well designed
Good joke.
>>
people play heroes in overwatch that aren't Pharah or Junkrat?
>>
>>389144189
El dragon was clearly based on stuff like this and not wacky tumblr memes. You have changed minds today, sir.
>>
File: Smug Bomb.png (51KB, 194x154px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Bomb.png
51KB, 194x154px
>>389144457
>Playing Overwatch
>>
>>389129746
>>389144197

>Dive meta
>At any point in time ever

Dive only works in the pro scene.
>>
>>389144482
>literally the entire universe revolves around tumblr
>>
>>389144534
At least use a sexy girl from paladins, that's all it's got going for it.

Characters like bomb king are why most people won't touch paladins with a barge pole. The designers clearly have no respect for their cast.
>>
>>389144642
>>
File: 0.png (236KB, 1219x695px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
236KB, 1219x695px
>>389144642
Burger King is the sexiest Paladins character.
>>
>>389144552
>there are people who delude themselves into thinking Randy pitchford takes inspiration from fairly odd parents so that they can finally like his game

Oh boy. This one's lost.
>>
File: 1502123054905.jpg (234KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502123054905.jpg
234KB, 1024x1024px
>>389144642
>implying bk isnt sexy
>>
>>389144729
Haha, yeah... No.
>>
File: WE.gif (297KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
WE.gif
297KB, 900x562px
>>389144871
Yes
>>
>>389127192
>How is the design on the top any more overdesigned than the one on the bottom?

It's not.

At least the BB robot has a consistent theme in his design even if it runs contrary to his role. (Aside from the fact that gentlemen sniper is the most fedora tipping character archetype you could possibly come up with) Orisa's design isn't bad, but it has arbitrary elements to it, like her being a quadruped. The only reason she is one is to make her more visually distinct from Bastion. It doesn't affect her gameplay or skillset at all.
>>
File: 1499986864387.jpg (105KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499986864387.jpg
105KB, 1600x1200px
>>389144785
yeah I'm sure literally everyone on the fucking planet has nothing but tumblr on their mind 24/7 and thinks of nothing but how to either appeal to tumblr or how to link every sort of cultural phenomena to it

seriously who the fuck builds up a folder for floating crowns so he can dump them whenever someone posts a battleborn character, reconsider your life
>>
>>389128135
>steampunk (which is a common theme)
A terrible one, at that.
>>
File: Zaryawarm.png (732KB, 1280x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Zaryawarm.png
732KB, 1280x1366px
Hey guys
>>
File: battlebornphoebe-1488209990730.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battlebornphoebe-1488209990730.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
Whatever we can say about BB character design, some of them are pretty cool to watch, or to redesign. Especially Phoebe.

If only it had a better writer.
If only...
>>
File: 1481658116448.png (770KB, 659x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1481658116448.png
770KB, 659x1448px
Kinessa is great
>>
>>389145904
I hate playing as or against her, and i hate her voice, but her animations are ok.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 156

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.