[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been out of the loop with the PC hardware for a while (eight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: kbHbbMj.jpg (137KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
kbHbbMj.jpg
137KB, 700x900px
Been out of the loop with the PC hardware for a while (eight years), but now I want to bring it up a bit more to date. How's this looking?

>GIGABYTE GA-Z270-HD3
>Intel Core i5-7500
>2x8ГБ DDR4 SDRAM Kingston HyperX FURY HX426C16FB2K2/16

I already have a more or less modern GPU, so don't need any suggestions on that.
>>
>>389125558
looks pretty shit mate
>>
>>389125558
Get an unlocked CPU ( ' i_ xxxxk' ) or go home. Alternatively, pick up a Ryzen CPU. Your RAM is fine, but overpriced. Mobo looks fine, but don't know much about it.

Use PCPartpicker and/or the /g/ PC building general, /v/ doesn't know shit.
>>
>>389126684
I thought about getting an R5 1500X, but I've just had enough problems with AMD compatibility issues and support, that's why I wanna migrate to Intel this time, even if their CPUs a bit overpriced for the same performance.
And I don't really plan on OCing. Honestly, just jacking up frequency doesn't do much to boost performance nowadays, just heats up the PC more. And I don't plan on buying any sort of pricey cooling, just the regular OEM fan.
>>
>>389126920
Then don't bother with Z270 motherboard.
Find a nice cheap B250/H270 with enough SATA ports to satisfy your needs, and at least 1 PCIe slot.
If you don't need video card suggestions, then the choice is easy.
As someone that's been on AMD for about 7 years, I've never had compatibility issues. The only time with computers I have had any issues was with a laptop a year or 2 ago, and that's because it's old (i5 2520m and 2GB ram. not intels' fault, more so Asus)

Also, don't go on /g/ if you want legitimate advice. There's the 2 vocal sides being pro-Intel, and pro-AMD. The legitimate helpers aren't as vocal, and get flushed out among all the shitposts.
The best thing to do is wait a few months until Intel releases their new Coffeelake processors. 4+4 core+thread i3, 6+6 core+thread i5, and 6+12 core+thread i7. AMD definitely pushed them in that direction.
So either wait for Coffeelake, or go for Ryzen. It's 2017, if there are problems with software running on specific hardware, it's more often than not the fault of the software developer, not the hardware manufacturers.
>>
>>389127747
I remember PC building threads got banned on /g/, did they changed that? And yeah, /g/ only cares about raw benchmark test overkills, not actual game performance.
>wait a few months
How many months is that precisely? Ideally I wanted to build this before the end of the year.
>it's more often than not the fault of the software developer
I know, I know, the issue here is - are those developers willing to address those problems or even acknowledge non-Intel CPUs exist.
I guess Ryzen is fairly popular now, so it shouldn't have as many compatibility problems as the older AMD CPUs. But still, I just wanna try an Intel build this time.
>>
>>389128002
There's a PC building general, search for /pcbg/ in the catalog there.
>How many months is that precisely?
Apparently before the end of the year. Not sure of a definite date personally.
Ryzen is getting more and more popular. It's funny that they brought out Bulldozer and it was seen as a massive flop, and now they bring out pretty good line-up, and now AMD is seen as a god-send.
Lastly, I got no problems with you wanting to go for Intel. They still, in most cases, have the gaming market by the balls because better single core performance. If you want to go for Intel now, i5 7400/7500, cheap B250/H270 motherboard, and whatever else you'd want for memory, storage, etc.
One thing to keep in mind is that developers should be moving ahead and optimizing for more cores, so 4 cores and 4 threads might be a bit outdated in the coming years.
>>
>>389128385
>that developers should be moving ahead and optimizing for more cores, so 4 cores and 4 threads might be a bit outdated in the coming years.
"Should" yes. Will they? Who knows. And gaming hasn't really progressed in the last few years, in terms of hardware requirements I mean. I don't believe in VR, and most worthwhile games will be multiplat or console ports, so they won't really be pushing the PC to its limits with insane graphics or anything.
I just want stable 60 fps at full HD, no fancy 4k gaming or anything.
Anyway, thanks on the mobo advice, those look virtually identical but cheaper.
>>
>>389125558
Intel CPU are a terrible choice right now
>>
>>389128624
4c/4t is already becoming outdated
In many modern games an i5 will sit at 100% usage a lot of time
>>
>>389130592

>Despite still being faster in gaming than AMD

Yeah, OK. Seriously, if all you care about is gaming then intel are clearly better. The Ryzen stuff is more well rounded in other areas but they are definitely worse at games, make no mistake about it.
>>
>>389130592
>>389130770
Well, I still have some time until of the year to decide. I'll look into multi core game performance.
>>
>>389131579

Wait for the new intel 6 core processor. It'll close the gap in multithreading performance big time and still shit all over AMD in games.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.