[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guild Wars 2 is fun anyone else play it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 61

Guild Wars 2 is fun

anyone else play it?
>>
I don't play shit games, post more cute.
>>
File: 1504388753352.png (194KB, 591x462px) Image search: [Google]
1504388753352.png
194KB, 591x462px
>>389123359

Although it has many flaws, it's the only thing resembling a "collect-a-thon" mmo, It's still comfy and relaxing.

PvE is comfy, PvP although broken due to Necros and Rangers being OP it's still fun and relaxing, and WvW with your guild is perhaps the best unique part.

The lore is great, but ither than Taimi, main characters are shit...

I am super stoked about the expansion.
>>
>>389124512
>PvE is comfy
I found the PvE too be boring with the restriction on your level.I didn't like the dynamic events and the lack of proper quest in the world, it make every things look static and stuck on repeat.

But it was pretty and B2P so I got my money back by playing for a time with a friend.
>>
>>389124512
>PvP although broken due to Necros and Rangers being OP

If you're losing to a necromancer 1v1 you really need to learn to play, they're deadweight unless they have a team carrying them, picking them up when they go down
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (117KB, 385x665px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
117KB, 385x665px
Gonna get my 4th piece of legendary armor tomorrow

I look like a clusterfuck right now so I mostly wear gemstore outfits
>>
File: angel mchamburger.jpg (18KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
angel mchamburger.jpg
18KB, 250x375px
>>389123359
It's one of those games where you can't really work out if you're having fun or not. Its combat is just barely good enough for you to sink time into it, but not enough to actually be satisfying or like you're getting any decent payout for it. This is especially true of PvP, where games are extremely swingy and you rarely ever get a close game. You either get paired with demigods or you get paired with a pack of drooling retards, meaning you never really get a game which has an enjoyable amount of difficulty. It's either too easy or nerve stabbingly bad.

Loot isn't very satisfying either. It's mostly about collecting big piles of junk and selling them to eventually get your shiny pair of wings. The only thing which can really land you a decent payout by itself is a precursor weapon.

>>389124512
>ither than Taimi, main characters are shit

Taimi is one of the worst of the bunch. She exists as an exposition device and is Angel McMuffin's Scarlet stand-in for Diversity's Edge. Nothing about her is remotely likeable and you have awful taste.
>>
File: supahotfrog.jpg (103KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
supahotfrog.jpg
103KB, 1000x847px
>YOU NEED BERSERKER SPECIALIZATION TO BE RELEVANT!!!!!
>glass cannon that gets shrekt when you look at it when there's no support

>tfw Strength/Arms/Defese + 5sig

I haven't played in 4 years and I still can't find a better build for me.
>>
>>389123359
I hit max level and got end game gear near release. Apparently my stuff I got back in like 2011 or something is still nearly the best shit in the game. What's the point with no treadmill?
>>
>>389126363
>anything war
>glass canon
>>
>>389126518

I bought HoT a few days ago and the mobs don't fuck around. I've never felt this squishy in vanilla.

Adrenal health all the way.
>>
>>389126429
So you only play a game like wow because you look forward to new tiers of content being released with higher level items, so all the gear you worked so hard to get in the previous raid now isn't worth shit because anyone who just started playing can do a few dailies and now get better shit then you spent months grinding your ass off for? That whole concept actually makes you want to play the game instead of just uninstalling it immediately?

The point is that anything you do will always have value, you shouldn't have a carrot on a stick held in front of you to enjoy a videogame, and if you DO want that, then you can do fractals, build agony resistance, and grind for ascended and legendary armor which will always be the best armor that exists locked behind the most difficult content.
>>
>>389126603

I get what you're trying to say, but let me tell you as someone who's played Warrior for most of the time in both Guild Wars, Berserker was a definite upgrade to Warrior, no question about it, it got castrated so they can prop up the new exp with the change to adrenaline traits.

Warrior is super survivable regardless of having traited in Defense or not. Try playing a Mesmer solo.
>>
>>389126429
The point is that you can do the end-game stuff and grind the shit out of it now instead of having to grind your way to the new best gear first.
>>
>>389126717
Part of the fun of an rpg is improving your character. When I quit there was no further way to improve my character. I had all the best shit. I had "beaten" the game.

>>389126871
But that end game stuff doesn't give me anything. Also I remember the dungeon combat itself being really weird. There was no real trinity so you just went in and smacked the boss until it died. Didn't feel like strategy really entered the equation. Also you used the same skills from level 1 to level 80. I wanted it to play like GW1.
>>
>>389126805

You can't compare GW1 warriors to GW2 warriors. In GW1 still had the trinity, so you always had a monk and other supports in your party to save you. In GW2 you need a lot more survivability for solo PvE.

What build are you using? Every berserker build I tried gets me killed before I get the chance to pop litany.
>>
>>389123359

Yeah it's fun but everything gets boring after 3 years of playing. I'm hoping the expansion and awesome looking mounts bring the fun back.
>>
>>389127170
But you can always improve your skill, or put together different builds, or collect rare loot and make legendary items, or get better at pvp and/or wvw, either for the fun of playing those modes or for the loot they reward you with, generally a little of both. You earn gold so you can convert it into gemstore currency to acquire for "free" items you would otherwise have to pay real money for.
>>
File: nightmare.webm (3MB, 844x474px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.webm
3MB, 844x474px
>>389127170
Dungeons, as in 5 man content, have been entirely replaced by fractals, which have also been entirely reworked since release.
>>
>>389123359
I tried it but this game is really fucking slow and I dropped it, anyway have fun OP
>>
>>389127170
You might want to rejoin and try raids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AJ2mVbTNgs
>>
File: 1496142746106.jpg (51KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1496142746106.jpg
51KB, 700x525px
>>389127397
>That chat
miss you guys
>>
>>389127505
>>389127397
>>389127385
I'll consider it. I hear the level cap is being raised in the next xpansion. I still wish that there was more to combat than your weapon giving you 3 abilities you use for the entire game. GW1 has a much better system imo.
>>
played it to about lv 60 at launch. i also played in a few of the open betas, was pretty pumped. finally able to play a necromancer, just like i'd always wanted in an mmo.

and then necromancers were shit. fully spec'd into every minion i could get (which was admittadely cool as fuck, especially with the biggest dude) and they'd ALL die to a single normal mob at lv 60. i'd have to sit there for a minute before I could resummon my strongest zombie monster, only for it to die again the next mob I fought. eventually just got frustrated and gave up

also the main story was really not hooking in to me in the slightest
>>
>>389127204

Don't play GW2 that much anymore, but Berserker is not optimal anymore. The reason you would take it is because the 1 bar of adrenaline burst would pop the level 3 of the Berserker's Power. Doesn't work like that anymore, so I don't even think Berserker is optimal anymore, probably is, but I think for open world, just regular Warrior might be better now.
>>
I bought this game and I hated every fucking minute of it. I tried playing this gay ass pink class, I don't remember the name. I think it summoned clones or some shit. Apparently I could use 2 handed weapons and I threw away my staff to wear a sword, I couldn't kill anything anymore. And then there was pvp. I've never seen anything as shit as gw2 pvp. 2v1 was basically impossible because as soon as you killed someone they just sat on the ground, throwing garbage at you while the other asshole was whacking your balls until they zerged you down. There were also warlocks running around with 50 fucking pets. Who designed this piece of shit game
>>
>>389127580
oh also i should add on to this that the jumping puzzles were fantastic. super fun, I remember on in the Charr area stumping me for ages, but after a long ass time I managed to puzzle it out. I also liked exploring, but exploring typically lead to combat, and that lead to a lot of dead zombies and a barely alive necromancer.
>>
Playing it currently. It's pretty fun if you aren't retarded and try to play it like a themepark to get to endgame. The game's strength is the variety of shit you can do. PVE, PVP, exploration, collection, puzzles... All of it rewards you and gives you levels, dyes, gold, items...

Just wish the crafting and economy was a little better. Then again, it's just like WoW or FFXIV. Just there for the sake of being there.

Super fun finding mini dungeons and jumping puzzles, though. Need to get into an active guild for the unique guild content too.
>>
>>389127561
There are no level cap increases, only new things that resemble subclasses

I don't know what classes you're familiar with, but for example elementalist in the first expansion got a subclass called tempest which focused on AoE support and the ability to "overload" your elements, and in the upcoming expansion is getting a subclass called weaver which gives them the ability to use multiple elements at once. Necromancer previously got a subclass called reaper which is hard to describe but basically amounted to jason voorhees as an mmo class and it played kind of like a dervish from gw1, and is next getting a subclass called scourge which sacrifices the normal necro death shroud mechanic to instead summon "sand shades" which act kind of a little bit like ritualist spirits from gw1. This kind of thing is their new system for expanding each class with every expansion.
>>
>>389127670
>i played a game for two hours, didn't understand even 10% of it, and quit

modern mmo players, everyone
>>
>>389127956
Why should I force myself to play something when there's other games that I enjoy more? The first 2 hours of world of warcraft were amazing, the first 2 hours of FFXIV were okay, the first 2 hours of guild wars 2 were dreadful.
>>
>>389127580
>>389127671

Minions are a lot different now then they were on launch, they're a lot tankier and they regenerate their HP outside of battle. If you want to raid though, they're worthless since they're mostly defensive and have low damage, but for open world content minion build is actually one of the strongest builds in the entire game for soloing tough champion enemies that would destroy other classes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
>you will never get the GW2 that was deserved
>you will never boot the charr back to their northern shithole
>>
>>389127918
I thought the new expansion coming out raises the cap. I saw the subclass stuff, looks ok I guess. I still really dislike the weapon skill shit. Using the same attacks for 80 levels was not super fun.
>>
>>389127605
>Berserker is not optimal anymore

Wrong. Two condition phalanx strength berserkers are mandatory for every raid group now. They're one of the most desired classes for high end group content in the game.
>>
>>389123359

where do people get those floating semen orbs anyway, erp achievement?
>>
>>389128176

>so I don't even think Berserker is optimal anymore, probably is, but I think for open world, just regular Warrior might be better now.

But it's good to have an opinion of someone who plays more than me, I honestly just glanced at the notes from the last patch, didn't follow up much.
>>
>>389128023
>The first 2 hours of world of warcraft were amazing, the first 2 hours of FFXIV were okay

You are either lying for some weird reason or just completely retarded. FFXIV is literally the most boring MMO ever concocted, even the 10% at the end with primals and shit, and WoW's early game is laughably shitty.
>>
>>389127892
Crafting was relevant at release when gear was somewhat harder to acquire, you could craft yourself the best stuff for your level and get exotic gear without even running a single dungeon, jewelers could also make mad dosh by crafting exotic rings and accessories.
Then people got used to dungeons, exotic wasn't worth shit anymore and crafting professions turned into a rush to max level to craft your ascended gear once and almost never use them again.
Funnily enough, Cooking was completely overlooked at release but it's probably the overall most useful craft skill nowadays.
>>
>>389128172
Most classes have a variety of options for weapons you can swap between, you're not forced to keep using the same weapon for your entire leveling process.

>>389128227
Legendary trinket aura, called aurora. It requires you to grind a shitload of achievements from the last set of "living world" episodes.
>>
>>389128334
>Cooking was completely overlooked at release but it's probably the overall most useful craft skill nowadays

No it isn't, because 99% of consumables that are actually valued are traded on the auction house either at crafting cost or below. There's no reason to craft consumables when you can just sell the materials you would use to craft them and then buy the item you would have crafted.
>>
>>389128176

Yeah, raid group. I was talking about general PvE berserker builds.
>>
>>389128305
Look, we can both pretend to be completely retarded or we just accept that personal taste plays a huge role in those things. If you like the game then play it. I didn't. And seeing how both, wow and ffxiv are more popular than gw2 I'd assume that most people think similar to me.
>>
>>389128349
You still are pretty limited man. I just think that specifically was a bad idea.
>>
>>389128349
Most importantly, he's not meant to be leveling by grinding PVE... But people walk around doing karma hearts and think that's what the game is all about. Good riddance desu, they deserve WoW and FFXIV.
>>
>>389128471
Actually, FFXIV currently has less players than GW2. Considerably less, too.
>>
>>389128458
I wasn't saying it's the most useful for you, but it's the one craft skill that is still relevant no matter the content, everyone uses food and someone has to craft it.
>>
>>389128474
Oh it was definitely a bad idea, and 100% a downgrade from the "choose any 10 skills you like" system in gw1, but it shouldn't keep you from enjoying gw2.

>we're making a sequel to the game that was mostly known for it's insane build variation
>we're removing 70% of the possibility for build variation though
>>
https://youtu.be/FApd8q19CqE
>>
>>389128565
isnt gw2 f2p
>>
>>389128565
Not him, but I don't think it's really a good comparison considering one has a sub and the other doesn't. I personally like a lot of things better about FF14 but GW2 had its strengths as well. I was a fairly big fan of GW1 and I had issues with a lot of the changes.

>>389128690
It triggered the fuck out of me. I still got to max level and capped out my gear. But there was a little ember or resentment in my chest the whole time.
>>
>>389128738
Buy to play. F2P for the base game with a ton of restrictions.

>>389128764
Didn't mean it as an argument, was just correcting him.
>>
>>389123359
Game's combat is shit. Why do people like these slow paced games so much.

But to be completely honest, I think I'd play this over FF14's snail pace combat. And GW2 probably has better outfits.
>>
>>389128471
Actually, that's wrong, and judging numbers by WoW's current standards is misleading. WoW's numbers, despite being number 1, are still pretty small. People love to say that FFXIV is almost as big as WoW, but that doesn't mean much. WoW isn't doing well.

First time I played through ARR, I must've ran into 10 or so other people in my entire leveling experience outside of cities. And I was on a full server.
>>
>>389128894
Compared to WoW, GW2's tab target combat is ridiculously dynamic, reactive, and fun.

It's still got nothing on a real action game, but we don't yet have the Devil May Cry mmo so until that happens...

No Tera and BDO don't count, tera is clunky garbage and BDO has good combat that doesn't at all fit the type of game it's trying to be
>>
>go into /v/ gw2 threads
>aleays just people saying "i played this game for 2 weeks and quit i hate it gw1 was better don't try to talk to me or ill green text you to death".

I'm almost 100% sure if wow had released BC or Wotlk in the last 5 years the WoW threads would be filled with people saying they hated it after only playing it for 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>389124512
Comfy always means "boring and shallow".

I used to fall for that meme until I played Banished.
>>
>>389129082
BDO's combat is completely wasted on a hollow game. Literally grinding AoE mobs that don't even fight back for hours is the core content of the game.
>>
>>389129143
If vanilla WoW released today with updated graphics, it would die within a month tops.

MMO players have no idea what they want and what's good.
>>
>>389128894
MMOs are all slow paced combat. If I wanted to play a game with good combat I wouldn't be playing an MMO to begin with.
>>
File: TheSuperSexySuccubusinClass2C.webm (3MB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
TheSuperSexySuccubusinClass2C.webm
3MB, 800x300px
>>389129082
>we don't yet have the Devil May Cry mmo
but we do
>>
>>389129257
You play MMOs for the "massive" and community part of it usually.
I think only GW2 really manages to capture that though.
>>
>>389129289
>instanced korean grinding garbage

Not an mmo.
>>
>>389129257
BDO isn't slow.
>>
>>389129174
Yeah, trying to combine a musou with eve online was a terrible idea
>>
>>389129346
I haven't played it but I play Blade and Soul which is usually considered to have the best mmo combat from what I can tell. It's not bad but it's still crap compared to any good action game.
>>
>>389129357
It wasn't. It was just done really badly thanks to korean devs not knowing how to make anything that's not a braindead grinding simulator.
>>
GW2 has such great artwork and music. Its a shame that games style was wasted on it.
>>
Only to erp as a honey dripping salad slut.
>>
>>389129343
what MMO isn't grinding garbage?
>>
>playing any mmo other than runescape
>>
>>389129508
A good one. Archeage was one, EVE is another.
>>
>>389129578
>The most PayToWin MMO and a shitty space sim
>>
>>389129578
I don't care for player driven content personally. I'm paying the dev to make content for me to conquer.
>>
>>389129472
Can you even RP in this game? With the way servers work, theres no dedicated RP world.
>>
>>389123359
I played this a lot and really loved it. Thought, i consider the PvP to be total garbage because of the Down mechanic.

But damn, i regret buying the expansion. The story just got worse and worse. Same problem with the Living Story desu. Game was just one zerg-fest after another. The freedom of movement in combat is still the best i've played in MMO's.
>>
File: Gw2-64 2017-07-26 22-37-44.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gw2-64 2017-07-26 22-37-44.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>389128172
No level cap increase, the devs are adamant that level 80 and ascended gear are "statistical" cap no matter how much the game changes. You can still optimize in terms of stat allocation and the expacs always come with new stat combos that might become meta.

Elite Specializations aim to revamp the gameplay of your class (generally, unless you're warrior because fuck the warrior dev) and are THE selling point of the expacs. They're a lot of fun. For example, Necromancer's Dagger hasn't seen a lot of usage but with the upcoming Scourge espec that essentially changes their shroud into an MP bar, the massive shroud generation dagger provides will definitely see a lot of play.

And feel free to experiment with your weapons throughout the leveling process. Traits can now freely be adjusted anywhere anytime now and generally every weapon fulfills it's purpose well.
>>
>>389129627
Which is why I said 'was'. And EVE is an MMO in every sense of the word, with 0 grinding. Your shit taste is irrelevant.

>>389129635
And that's fine. But currently, none exists with that idea in mind and no grinding, because grinding is what keeps players paying subscription fees.

Which is not an excuse. Grinding as a core game concept was shit from the getgo and simply isn't acceptable these days.
>>
>>389129736
I can't really think of a single MMO with mind-blowing story.
>>
>>389129653
Yeah, it means you can play with anyone in your data center. It makes things pretty easy.
>>
>>389129824
Secret World.
>>
>>389129769
I'm not the guy you were talking to but I can't understand your hate for the warrior dev, both elites are cool, it's a shame that you're eternally stuck in PS though but the only way to get out of that would be to nerf it and people would fucking explode.
>>
>>389129824
Final Fantasy XI is fantastic
>>
>>389128708
>other videos from him are "why you should play gw2 again in 2017"
>oh yeah I only have footage from gw2 and not the others haha
>gw2 wins in the end
shocker
>>
>>389129778
EVE isn't a MMO. Fuck off. Archeage was never good, it came out the gate literally Pay2Win and doing something as simply as logging into a server was fucking impossible. Who the fuck puts queues in a game? Kill yourself for defending this garbage.
>>
>>389129856
SW delivers quests well, but the actual narrative and setting is far too silly and on the nose to be taken seriously.

And it's all over the place. It's not consistent at all.
>>
>>389129635
>"i dont cdare about player interaction"
>"i care abot what the devs tailer specially for me"
>chooses a genre that revolves around player interaction
Not like it matters, MMOs are dead and will never be back at it's prime.
>>
File: Gw2-64 2017-07-26 20-52-51.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gw2-64 2017-07-26 20-52-51.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>389129857
It's because of what I said, the elite specializations generally aim to change up the gameplay - best examples are Necro > Scourge and Ranger > Druid but for 2 expansions now I've felt like I'm playing Warrior+0.5. Actually spellbreaker makes me feel worse because it downgrades the regular bursts for Full Counter and ACTUALLY feels exactly like playing vanilla warrior. At least Berserker gave you new burst skills that enabled a bunch of different play styles like condi warrior.
>>
>>389129929
>EVE isn't an MMO.

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>389129769
Hm I am a warrior though. I had a full set of Draconic berserkers shit not that long after the game released.

>>389129778
A lot of people enjoy grinding. Doing shit and having your character get better is appealing to a lot of people. I don't like player driven content but I still think it should exist.
>>
>>389129824
i unironically love ffxivs story, no other mmo has made me actually give a fuck about the characters
>>
>>389130009

True enough. could be worse though you could be playing a Revenant.
>>
>>389129997
My first MMO was dark age of camelot, the pvp was player driven but the rest of the game was dev driven. Also you put words into my mouth, I enjoy interacting with other players, I have fond memories of grinding with parties and shooting the shit in FF11. That's different that player driven content.
>>
>>389127605
First of all I usually play warrior in raids/fractals (condi PS/DPS). Before the recent balance patch I swapped to power for open world, but now condi is superior everywhere (except underwater) imo.

If you still want to go power, you could always just ditch berserker. The new grandmaster trait in strength (might makes right) combined with lots of might generation and adrenal health gives you ridiculous sustain.
>>
>>389130023
Right now the meta for Warrior is a Condition Damage based Berserker (the elite, not the stat combo) that plays significantly differently from the Greatsword Warrior all the old players are used to. Just to show how much the gameplay for a class can change.
>>
>>389130046
FFXIV's story puts me to sleep. For a game that's entirely based on the story, to deliver it through mostly silent text and scripted emotes is fucking retarded. It didn't help that the quests themselves were a literal chore to do.

The story was average at best. Really don't understand why people say it's good.
>>
File: Capture.png (100KB, 976x614px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
100KB, 976x614px
>>389128708
>three major mmos
>gw2
lol
>>
>>389130017
Great. Now fuck off with your shitty space sim faggot.
>>
>>389130120

Did you only play a realm reborn? everything past leviathan started picking up pace but I do agree it's a pain in the arse.
>>
>>389130120
Most FF fans are used to silent text and scripted emotes. The game gets exponentially better the more of the series you have played. Constant references etc.

>>389130117
I see. Well my brother will be happy, he was a bleed warrior and I was a greatsworder. I might give the game another shot based on your recommendations. It's not like I'd have to pay a sub.
>>
>>389130120
fair enough desu. i dont really begrudge anyone for not liking ffxiv's story, since theres a fuckload of filler (especially near the start) and its certainly pretty corny/weeb at times.
>>
>>389130086

So even for open world Conditions are superior now? Guess I might just start playing and grind up that Viper gear.
>>
>>389130023
>People enjoy grinding, having your character get better is appealing

Those two things are not the same. You think if developers actually made it that getting better/stronger was based on skill and knowledge, that people would prefer to go hit static mobs for a few hours instead? And I don't know, if you like doing the same, braindead thing over and over, then why the fuck not go do actual work and make money instead? Videogames are meant to be fun. And say what you like, but nobody finds grinding fun. They might enjoy the payout, but the act of grinding is intrinsically boring and shit.
>>
>>389130286
>You think if developers actually made it that getting better/stronger was based on skill and knowledge, that people would prefer to go hit static mobs for a few hours instead? And I don't know, if you like doing the same, braindead thing over and over, then why the fuck not go do actual work and make money instead?

If you want to get better at games from learning and honing skills you play a fighting game or arena shooter. If you want an ego boost from rollfacing you usually play a MMO or a JRPG
>>
>>389130286
I play action games or fighting games or whatever when I want to improve mechanically. RPGS will always involve grinding for gear or experience or whatever. It's the fucking foundation of the genre.

Grinding can be relaxing or meditative. Some people find doing the dishes relaxing. Not everyone is the same.
>>
>>389130187
He'll be happy to know that sword recently got MASSIVE buffs from the Arms traitline!
>>
>>389130387
> Not everyone is the same.

Don't you think there should be a MMO for people who don't enjoy grinding mindlessly that isn't PUBG? Don't even try to say Planetside
>>
>>389130332
Just because it's the genre's trademark doesn't mean it's good. Especially considering the MMO genre never grew in the first place, thanks to WoW's popularity and everyone copying it.

Look at Quake Champions. Tries to remain almost fully oldschool and make a twitch-based shooter like the ones from when we were kids that were all the rage.

Nobody wants it and the game has zero traction despite several open beta tests and early access.. Because FPS' have evolved and changed over the years. You can't release Unreal Tournament nowadays and have it survive more than a few months.

MMOs are this, but 10x worse. That's why nobody plays MMOs anymore.
>>
>>389130228
Condi berserker is just ridiculously strong at the moment. idk if its a good idea to grind for viper gear though, with the new expansion coming out soon. Maybe there is a new super awesome stat combo.
>>
>>389130487
It sounds like you're just asking for a big shooter to be honest. I think there used to be games like you describe but they died because they didn't have mass appeal. Darkfall comes to mind I think.
>>
>>389130387
>RPGs will always involve grinding

...But they don't? There are plenty of RPGs with zero grinding. It's a massive, varied genre.

MMOs aren't. And that's the problem. Nobody fucking tries anything and we're still stuck playing WoW and WoW: Catgirl edition after nearly twenty fucking years. That's fucking sad.
>>
>>389130820
Depends on how you define grinding I guess. But I consider DnD the ur-rpg and it had experience and gear etc.
>>
>>389129736
I used to hate the down mechanic when I started PvPing 5 years ago, now I think it's a really cool mechanic, it adds a layer of strategy to killing someone, are you going to dry stomp? are you going to use an invul/stab to secure your stomp? are you going to cleave to down or straight focus damage, or are you going to ignore until he uses some downed escape ability?
And all of this applies when it's your ally going down as well, heal him? stealth him or help him rally from a kill?
I think PvP wouldn't even be half as fun without the down mechanic.
>>
>>389130083
>Darkage of cuck-me-alot
Opinion discarded
>>
>>389130925
What was yours? Evercrack?
>>
>>389130756
No I'm asking for a massive fantasy game without the stupid grind and treadmill loop. Not everything needs to be WoW and WoW:Final Fantasy
>>
>>389130979
How would it play. What would players do. Are you as strong as you'll ever be when you start the game?
>>
>>389130979
they exist because MMOs are played by people who will play your fucking game for 20 hours a day, and if they run out of shit to do they will smear the fuck out of the game for havin lmaonocontent
99% of game companies would never be able to keep that kind of consumer happy without making heavy grinds.
>>
>>389123359
I haven't played it since release what is new and fun ?
>>
>>389131026
the /vg/ guild is a garbage cesspool of circlejerking faggot ERPers
>>
>>389130132
>p2w gook mmos
We're talking western market here, not asian cashgrabs.
>>
>>389125901
This. I play necto regularly. Their strength comes from team fight cleave. Just jump them and burst them down.
>>
>>389131026
>our /vg/ guild has nice ppl
for some reason i dont believe you
>>
>>389131137
He said nice not likeable. They could be really nice erping spergs.
>>
>>389131229
They're probably not even good ERPfags. Likely salad futa shitters.
>>
>>389131026
d-d-did the jannies delete this? I've seen the /vg/ thread being overrun with bots and this kind of scares me
>>
>>389123359
>be in eu /vg/ guild
>tons of fun and bantz
>no faggy ERPing

must be an american thing i guess?
>>
>>389130903
I'm the same way, I don't understand when people shit on it. I guess it makes 2v1s harder but it's very easy to outcleave ressers and quite a lot of times you can use an enemy's downed body as bait to unload your hard hitting skills while they're stuck in the ressing animation.

It really adds a lot of depth to the game.
>>
>>389131390
I deleted it as I posted the wrong picture. And yes a person, an utter cretin, has been using bots to spam and destroy the /vg/ thread for over a year now.

don't be scared tho anon, ur gonna be okay
>>
OK. So I'm ignoring everything said already in this thread.

I've never played a Guild wars game. My Pc gaming experience includes runescape (old school, left after GE was a thing) and league of legends (for like half a year before the launcher update deleted my account and my paid skins. Fuck your Riot.

I don't know anything about this game aside from reading a book in higschool (5 years ago) called "Ghosts of ascalon". My memeory isn't the best but it was about a dude who survived going to a ghost town having to form a party of fellow humans, a plant fairy? An elf/midget/dwarf? Thing. And big furry char? And a big Nordic dude to retrieve something from said ghost town. Despite my shit memeory, it's still been something that's perked my interest.

Is the game itself as interesting as the book suggests? With the evil dragons and ghost kings and something about a pirate town? Oh and magic cat people warring with other versions of cat(or char??) people made of metal or wood or something.
>>
>>389131623
Try it, it's free. Mostly.

As for the story being interesting, most people agree that the world and lore is pretty good, unfortunately, the living/personal story quests are pretty cheesy/bad. But in terms of going around, finding lore and talking to NPCs, it has a lot of that and it's pretty good.
>>
File: gw661.jpg (826KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw661.jpg
826KB, 1920x1080px
>>389131623
Yes.
>>
>>389131623
The lore of the Guild Wars universe is generally pretty good, yes. The execution is somewhat debatable, but if you're looking for a world you can immerse yourself in I think GW2's PVE and especially early game easily lets you do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMwI0AoiifA
>>
>>389131623
The game's personal story is very hit or miss but all the lore is there, it relies heavily on visual storytelling and npc chatter.
>>
Every race except humans is ugly and playing as human is aways boring. I can't get into it.
>>
>>389131470
It varies from general to general, but most times the reason EU may not have erpers is because there's no erp scene on EU.

Although in the case of the gw2 guilds, they don't have erpers acting cringy unless people want to get memed on.
>>
File: 1442667895027.jpg (37KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
1442667895027.jpg
37KB, 353x439px
>>389131845
>That bank organization
>>
>>389131845
>shared inventory slot forever blocked my lvl 80 boost

i still have 2 of those, fucking kill me
>>
>>389131981
Just turn it in for rewards m8. Most of us longterm players have a million tomes of knowledge to instantly level 80 alts anyway.
>>
Ive mostly just played solo most my time. Dont get to play it with my friend often but the combat just seems satisfying, like combing combo fields/finishers and such. Its too bad I mostly only do open world content. Havent really done raids or gone that far in doing fractals/dungeons but I enjoy it none the less. I enjoy it alot more than wow although thats what my friends play and the people in gw2 seem ok but I get a weird vibe from people in general in gw2 like they are being overly friendly or something so I never really made any friends in it, not that it bothers me. Also ive just ignored the story for the most part.
>>
File: gw662.jpg (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw662.jpg
621KB, 1920x1080px
>>389131976
I'm in the middle of organizing all backpacks and opening loots across all of my characters right now. Clearing out everything I don't need. Taking ages but it's worth it, my toons will have beautiful clean backpacks and my bank will be superb in the end.
>>
>>389132087
Join a guild? GW2's gameplay promotes cooperation so it's hard to tell if someone's just being friendly or legitimately wants to make friends. It'll feel less weird when you communicate through the medium of a guild.
>>
File: 1447162749276.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1447162749276.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>389127397
>Tempest getting badly outdps'd by the PS warrior

FUCK whoever at anet thought nerfing tempests even more with the recent changes was a good idea
>>
File: 1487861654613.jpg (13KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
1487861654613.jpg
13KB, 261x193px
>>389129929
>EVE isn't a MMO
>>
>>389132424
I did join a guild but I just cant get into the swing of it. I never had this problem in wow but it just feels like I cant 'connect' (for lack of a better word) with most people in the guilds ive tried or with players in general in gw2. I did consider checking out the /vg/ but from some of the things ive been hearing I dont know if its a good idea
>>
>>389131623
Evil dragons has been the big focus on the game up until the expansion releasing this month (which is about a god gone genocidal)
there's one ghost king and that's King Adalbern, who turned the population of Ascalon into ghosts to eternally fight against the charr, though that's not really a huge point of the game.
there's some pirate stuff kinda? Lion's Arch used to be something of a slight pirate town but no longer.
sylvari are plant people
dwarfs used to be made of flesh, but during the events of the 'Eye of the North' expansion for the original GW they were all turned into stone in order to fight against the Great Destroyer (the Destroyers being worshipped by the Charr so they could unleash magical crystal nukes on Ascalon)
>>
>>389132530
PS is broken as shit but the dps for every other class is down to player skill.
>>
>>389132627
I don't see any downsides to just lurking and making the judgement yourself if the guild is worth staying in.
>>
File: 1494638696221.jpg (102KB, 495x459px) Image search: [Google]
1494638696221.jpg
102KB, 495x459px
>Throws out the concept of the games story being about the PC
>Puts all focus on the diversity crew
>The tranny in the city you have to call brave and beautiful
>Salads went from autistic plant people to genderfluid polygamy faggots

How did we go from guild wars 1 to whatever the fuck this is?
>>
>>389132657
destroyers are creatures bound to primordus. The charr, specifically the flame legion, worship the titans, which are bound to the god abaddon.
>>
File: gw021.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw021.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>389132757
>mfw
>>
>>389132686
That's bullshit when a Tempest can play fucking perfectly and STILL not outdps a DPS mesmer pressing his summons at the start of the fight then Sword 2 off cooldown. AND the tempest would be incredibly subject to dps loss via dodging mid-animation. The balance is all fucked up, it has nothing to do with player skill.
>>
File: 1481399380757.jpg (116KB, 747x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481399380757.jpg
116KB, 747x768px
>>389129929
>EVE isn't a MMO
>>
>>389132757
Sounds like you're ~TRIGGERED~ :3c
>>
>>389132757
>The tranny in the city you have to call brave and beautiful

You mean the irrelevant NPC you don't ever have to talk to?
>>
The game was decent at release. Now it's been taken over by literal sjw's. Abandon ship while you still can.
>>
>>389123359
It's not fun to grind 5mln exp for mastery just to progress in location. Shit design. Writing also shit.
>>
File: 1503386492502.png (459KB, 760x579px) Image search: [Google]
1503386492502.png
459KB, 760x579px
>>389129929
>EVE isn't a MMO
You may have a very minor case of serious brain damage.
>>
downloading it now, wish me luck boys.
>>
>>389132627
Realistically you might find a little drama or conflict in any guild, but they've been around for a while, like the /v/+/vg/ betas, so they can't be fucking up too bad. From my observation this current iteration are very helpful and have an emphasis on the social aspect of 4chan/gw2, so you won't be pressured to be tryhard or anything.

imo you will join multiple guilds anyway, like one for a raid static, or wvw, so might as well.
>>
>>389130009

except spellbreaker makes warrior not a sandbag in pvp which is the main focus of the game
>>
I dunno, I want to come back to it but there's no point in learning Chrono now since I wanna play Mirage eventually. Quit right before HoT dropped and all the shit that needs doing seems daunting.

Gonna probably pick it up before PoF launches so I can start the expansion from scratch.
>>
File: 2016.gif (3KB, 366x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016.gif
3KB, 366x168px
>>389130132
You can make stats say anything.

GW2 is one of the most popular MMO deal with it. Its community is just a silent majority that don't waste time on forums defending the game against all those outdated infos and lies people tell about the game.

We learned not to do that during the GW1 era, that game was shat on so much everywhere that it was useless to try to explain to people that "GW1 is not WoW but that's ok"
>>
>>389129929
>EVE isn't a MMO
State your reason or reasons right fucking now.
>>
>>389133532
What IS it about GW2 that incites these people to post literally 5 year old, dated information as fact in every single thread? MMORPGs change massively over time but almost every single thread you see the same drivel about no endgame or progression or literally nothing to do in the game.
>>
>>389130132
>Aion that high
There's no way that's right. Are those just Asian players or something?
>>
>>389133532
Reminder that WoWfags' constant complains on forums ruined our chances for an actual GW2
>>
>>389133731
AION is pretty high on the Korean market for example, and still pretty active on the US version I think. EU version is also full Jew mode
>>
>>389133658
Because GW2 was another TORtantic at the time except it turned out decent. It doesn't help that the /vg/ GW2 thread was so awful it spawn a bot that killed a lot of MMO threads.

>>389133824
Well, they ruin pretty much every MMO.
>>
I think all Guild Wars 2 threads should be banned incase they accidentally trick someone into buying the worst game ever made
>>
>>389133658
Well it's the /v/ way of shitting on games now. They repost the same pics of bugs or devs saying something stupid on twitter, greentext list of flaws, etc. for years and years if they don't find something more recent.

That bug or those flaws might be fixed and the devs might not even work on the game anymore but they did their job.

>>389133824
Yes people forgot that it's their bitching that made the devs cancel GW: Utopia and give us a rushed EotN to be able to work on a real MMORPG as fast as possible.
>>
>>389133882
It's dead in the US. Easily the deadest MMO I've ever played at least.
>>
>>389133904
Joke's on them, the base game is free
>>
File: file.png (74KB, 311x234px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
74KB, 311x234px
>>389133904
?
????
>>
>tfw didn't listen to betatester friend who recommend not to get the game but got it anyway because 50/50 hom
>>
File: 1496464072909.jpg (98KB, 1260x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1496464072909.jpg
98KB, 1260x1680px
>>389130157
>>389129929
>EVE isn't an MMO

It's a MMO in one it's purest existing forms in modern gaming
>>
>>389133904
To bad a lot of people quitting other MMOs are trying GW2 because the base game is free and end up enjoying it and buying the new expansion. Even WoW veterans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANN3e2hloU
>>
>>389133191
I dont think id end up joining guilds with specific purposes since I just play on and off casually but maybe ill give them a go then.
>>
>>389130023
EVERYBODY "enjoys" grinding in the same sense everybody would "enjoy" becoming a drug adict.
MMOs are glorified slot machines, they are not fun nor enjoyable, but they make you adicted to the shallow pleasure they provide. They are objectivelly bad games and will stay so while they lack good combat (turn based, because modern tecnology don't allow for good real time MMOs) and no grinding.
>>
>>389123359
i play it because the pvp is interesting.. best in the market i'd say
When i get salty i go back to ff14 and being a pve masta
>>
>>389134395
I enjoy turn based combat, but running a dungeon with 8 people and sitting there while all 7 of them decide what to do for their turn sounds beyond awful.
>>
>>389126332
You realize your pic related is not working on GW2 since like three years right?
>>
>just bough S3
>"u need to grind masteries again :)"
come the fuck on
>>
>>389134601
You unlock them before you're even done with the story, they're like 500k each or less.
>>
I got that Season 1 Memory Box for free yesterday, should I wait until I'm 80 or open it now?
>>
>>389134601
bitch they're so easy to get rn
>>
>>389133824
Real talk, they ruined the entire fucking genre.
>>
>>389134685
Doesn't matter what level you open them at.
>>
>>389134557
She still does, actually. She's just on a different team. Taimi is still a garbage character that created by her as well, so the point is moot.
>>
>>389129289
Cool. Can you point me towards an action-based MMO without weapon hitboxes three times as big as the weapon models now?
>>
File: gw025.jpg (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw025.jpg
607KB, 1920x1080px
So why is the Civilian Outfit no actual Outfit again?
I mean that can probably be patched, right?
>>
>>389136213
people have been asking for it to be an outfit ever since they changed town clothes
along with build templates it's one of the most requested features simply because it's been so long
>>
Without using the internet, what was the first costume in Guild Wars that you can buy?
>>
>>389136256
>build templates
That's still not in?

what the fuck
>>
>>389136816
never underestimate anet's ability to find excuses for not doing something
>>
>>389136816
But that would mean putting manpower away from making more shitty gemstore costumes for whales to buy.
>>
>>389130735
I'm not sure what stat combo could possibly beat Viper's for a pure condition damage build. In terms of open world pve, the upcoming Griever's stat combo (Primary: Power, Condi Damage/Secondary: Precision, Ferocity) might be better, but if it is as difficult and costly to attain as any of the new HoT stat combos, it ultimately won't be worth it compared to just getting Viper's if you ever plan on raiding.
>>
>>389136816
I don't understand why people are so upset about this.

Fucking gold fish tier memory.
>>
>>389136816
How dare you shitlord. Interracial romance and lesbian couples are more important than good game mechanics.
>>
File: 1485931921128.png (999KB, 1133x597px) Image search: [Google]
1485931921128.png
999KB, 1133x597px
>remove class trinity
>anet make a healer class elite spec
>players makes Chronomancer tanks because they can ignore most boss mechanics
>boost to lvl80 characters get tanking gear
>ingame doesnt tell you that toughness is an aggro stat
>>
>>389137720
Removing class trinity was a mistake. Making every class to fill each role to a degree was good though.

New HoT elite specs added a lot of tanking options to most of the classes so it kinda makes sense. So far, it looks like the new ones for PoF will add a lot of damage and support instead.
>>
File: dps.jpg (223KB, 879x1415px) Image search: [Google]
dps.jpg
223KB, 879x1415px
>>389132530
That tempest is just bad. Also, ranger,s getting raped something bad. THey used to be in top 5 dps in February and top 3 last year.
>>
File: 1504430977160.jpg (102KB, 976x614px) Image search: [Google]
1504430977160.jpg
102KB, 976x614px
>>389130132
>Guild Wars 2 loses 2,300
>Graph drop like a rock Asian
>Aion loses 7000+
>Graph barely go to the middle
Sure is Asian company down playing a US game around here.
>>
>>389137720
>ingame doesnt tell you that toughness is an aggro stat

Because it isnt
>>
>>389134601
They are easy to level up. 500k exp each
>>
>>389136213
Do you really need an explanation for something that is that obvious?
>>
>>389138825
>Having the highest toughness - Some bosses will keep their focus on the target with the highest toughness value. If another player gains more toughness during the fight, or their main target loses enough toughness (or dies), they will switch to the new target.
Notable enemies: Vale Guardian, Gorseval, Keep Construct, Xera, Deimos
It does in raids.
>>
>>389139024
It's a mechanic that applies to some bosses. A game shouldn't outright tell you the mechanics of raid bosses, figuring that out is part of the appeal of those boss fights.
>>
>>389139136
The game did not tell you. It's the raiders that found that out.
>>
>>389139228
> A game shouldn't outright tell you the mechanics of raid bosses

Did you read that?
>>
File: gw003.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw003.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
great waifu simulator
>>
>playing SJW the game
>>
File: revenant.jpg (353KB, 955x1706px) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
353KB, 955x1706px
>>389139445
You should post one.
>>
>>389139447
this isn't Persona 5
>>
File: gw004.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw004.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>389139539
> dragon minions
>>
>>389138825
it does. revenants can trait toughness. i get mobs attention far more when i have toughness
>>
What should necromancer focus on in pvp?
>>
>>389140296

Boon Corrupt
>>
>>389140430
So boons are very important? and does every class can put on their own boons?
>>
>>389140481

Pretty much. Most classes like Tempest and Berserker will shit out so much boons it makes it genuinely hard to take them down. Generally most necros/reaper usually go for condition builds since they typically have easy access to boon corrupts with scepter autoattack and all that and the extra conditions you lay on create a lot of pressure on the enemy team.
>>
>>389140646
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>389140714

I'd check out some of the builds they got going on in metabattle, you'll find a lot of helpful stuff with necro builds in pvp. They aren't a terribly complicated class, most of the challenge comes from surviving team fights and dealing with multiple enemies focusing you down because necros lack any good defensive options.
>>
They really need to update their character models.

Really ugly
>>
What are the most fun classes? I'm playing Warrior and Engineer right now.
>>
File: 1433429788174.png (1MB, 738x710px) Image search: [Google]
1433429788174.png
1MB, 738x710px
>>389139445
>>389139539
>>389139719
>not femcharr
kys
>>
Realisticly how long is it gonna take me to get enough gold to get the gems to get 4 more character slots?
>>
>>389142571
You need 860 gold for 4 more character slots. You can easily get 20 gold per days if you try. I'd say about around 40 days.
>>
>>389142964
Things like this make me unzip my wallet. Fuck if I'm gonna grind gold to get my altoholism times going.
>>
>>389141664
that charr is the reason the general got fucking obliterated.
fuck off
>>
>>389142964
>>389142571
>>389144037

EASILY more than 20g if he was actively farming.
Fractal 40 farm is 20g/hour in a mediocre group already. Silverwastes farming is like 27g/hour? T4 fractals every day is a shitload of gold. Hell, I'm sure just doing the HOT metaevents every day nets you at least 8g PURELY from the daily reward chest, not counting ANY loot you get from the event itself.
>>
I used to play it, but I got bored with the constant nerfs to anything unique. 90% of the time they weren't even overpowered.

Like Tank and Support Banner Warriors. Used to be you could throw down flags, stand in them, and heal your party and tank. You didn't do high damage, but you survived pretty damn well and healed your party to the point that you were almost necessary in all high level dungeons. Ignoring the fact that they got infinite speed buffs to a party.

It was nice playing a more support role for a warrior, until the nerf. And again, not overpowered.

This has happened dozens of times. Unique and interesting builds shit on because the creators are cunts.
>>
Is turret engineer viable at all? Haven't played since release
>>
>>389139228
It's been known since release.
You had people playing "anchor" builds in dungeons, maxing toughness to keep the mobs on them.
It's a mechanic that has been largely ignored though.
>>
>>389144309
I don't remember this build at all even though I've been playing since release but anything that is "almost necessary in all high level dungeons" is clearly too good.
But again, I don't remember old dungeons ever being about support or healing.
>>
so the revenant was just designed in such a way that Anet would have the least amount of work to do on it with every new elite spec huh?
>can't go too wild with different class mechanics cause energy
>utilities can't be too interesting/strong to compensate for the fact they can swap util sets mid battle
>on top of that they get 5 new utilities instead of 6 like everyone else
>here's some freebie f-skills whose energy cost is too high to be useful
what a shame this class gets so cucked, i liked the visuals and stuff, going to main guardian probably
>>
>>389124512
>Other than Taimi
They are all pretty fucking awful, but Taimi is the absolute worst.
>>
>>389145024
No.
>>
>>389145024
What does viable mean to you?
>>
Give me 1 reason to play this game over playing WoW besides graphics.

Inb4 a bunch of "wow in 2017" fags
>>
File: gw197.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw197.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>no place to discuss the game
>reddit discord dead
>have to wait for a /v/ thread
>flooded with retards anyway

at least they post once and fuck off
>>
>>389147710
Something different to try?

It's a fucking game anon, not a relationship.

You don't spend ALL your time just playing one game.... do you?
>>
>>389147710
It's free.

That's all I got.
>>
>>389147710
Its fun and not a garrison facebook game.
>>
I played it non-stop for the first two weeks of release. Did more or less everything, leveling, crafting, etc. I had a gold star near my name for completing all the quests and collectibles. I logged on a couple of months ago and found they took my fucking star away. What's the deal with that shit?
>>
The PvP maps are fucking terrible. Not to mention there's only one mode (capture the point), with deathmatch being custom-game only and stronghold being unranked only.

really wish GW2 had a map on the same level of quality as Alterac Valley
>>
File: guardian.jpg (83KB, 356x660px) Image search: [Google]
guardian.jpg
83KB, 356x660px
help me improve it
I'm going to get him chaos gloves and a that ascended white greatsword
anything else?
rate
>>
File: 1325595090472.jpg (41KB, 177x178px) Image search: [Google]
1325595090472.jpg
41KB, 177x178px
I wish I had a goddamn guild. Being on Desolation sucks, and all I do is just WvW to get rewards to level up alts. I've never done a fractal or played much of the endgame.
>>
>>389148449
I would improve it by not fucking getting chaos gloves. You need some kind of bulky gloves to match with your bulky shoulders, thats heavy armour general.

Not those gloves though.
>>
>>389148027
The star is for map completion and you can't see in on your own name anyway. Plus theres a new mastery point system that adds another star.
>>
>>389148449
You couldn't do worse desu. I recommend searching on GW2Style for some inspiration.
>>
>>389147710
It's nothing like it.
>>
>>389148879
There's a literal group finder. Find a group for fractals and if it goes well ask if you can join a guild.
>>
File: gw130.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw130.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
They tried with Deadeye, but Daredevil is still the most fun that can be had as a thief.
>>
File: 1503971803153.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1503971803153.png
956KB, 841x849px
I fucking hate Guild Wars 2 and I am not even going to explain why. Fuck that game and fuck NcSoft.
>>
>>389148879
EU FUN
>>
>>389149303
Those guys are on Seafarers though, and one thing I really do enjoy is WvW.

>>389149140
I don't think I'm good enough to do fractals. I literally don't even know what they are for the most part, so I aint got any infused gear or shit like that.
>>
>>389149472
You don't need agony resistance until Tier 2. And since there are only 30 different fractals, doing them all in Tier 1 means you know all the necessary mechanics for each one when agony and mistlock instabilities are introduced, and you'll have ascended accessories by then, which you can slot agony resistance to.

All in all, fractals are easier than explorable mode dungeons.
>>
File: 1408484877220.gif (2MB, 599x334px) Image search: [Google]
1408484877220.gif
2MB, 599x334px
>>389129929
>EVE isn't a MMO
holy shit you are a fucking joke
theres no way you are this retarded
>>
>>389149472
You can be in 5 guilds at the same time, so why not join them anyway and ask to run fractals?
With all the new and returning players, you're bound to find people to run with.
Also guild missions for your ascended accessories.
>>
>>389148039
>What is WvW
>>
File: 1325595090471.jpg (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1325595090471.jpg
551KB, 1920x1080px
>>389147832
>Human female not in vapid slut wear and glasses
Some kind of sorcery?
>>
File: 1463784964032.png (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1463784964032.png
114KB, 320x320px
>>389130017
>>389132597
>>389132907
>>389133171
>>389133548
>>389134236
>>389149687
>come back to all these unwanted (You)s
It's not even that serious you idiots. It's a shitty space sim and nothing more. Gameplay is shit. The only thing I ever seen good from that game was the CC which is entirely pointless since you fly in little ass cutie spaceships like faggots.

An MMO would be closer to Scam Citizen but done right.
>>
>>389150829
How does it being space sim invalidate it as an MMO? It is the most community driven MMO out there too.

I don't like the gameplay either and thus don't play it, but it's absolutely moronic to claim the game isn't an MMO.
>>
File: 1494967692645.jpg (20KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1494967692645.jpg
20KB, 328x396px
>>389150562
I don't like the gauntlets.
>>
File: 1475986927765.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475986927765.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
>>389129824
Why would you care about a story in a MMO in the first place.
>>
File: Gw2 2015-10-31 01-07-00-02_1.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gw2 2015-10-31 01-07-00-02_1.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
>>389150562
>>
I cannot contain my hype to play as a scourge, it's the only thing keeping me going
>>
>>389151179
Stories matter in rpgs.
>>
>renegade
>nu-charr instead of pyre
>skills costs way too much to even manage the energy
>use one or two skills and all energy is gone
>skills and traits don't match with any other condi traits

I really hope they change the renegade. At this stage it's completely uselss just like rev overall.
>>
>>389152634

Hey at least it's not Mirage where all but 1 new utility is completely useless, the heal is the worst out of ALL of them and the new mirror mechanic is flat out worse than dodging.
>>
>>389152964
I havent even tried chrono yet. I've been stuck on condi ps since it became meta and I haven't been bothered trying out anything else that isn't heavy armor. DH is pretty boring and herald is fun but I only do pve so it's completely useless there.
>>
>>389152634
Rev sharing a very limited resource is what ruins the whole class. I was excited for a gw1 throwback system, but it's borderline non functional. In MMOs it is fun to press a lot of buttons and rev presses the least amount of buttons because it can't afford to spend the energy when it's too busy rotating buffs and autoattacking.
>>
Is there a way to turn off that fucking screenshaking?
>>
>>389155852
Yes, options.
Also turn off double tap to dodge and auto targeting. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>389126030

how does anyone find shit like shit appealing? i cannot wrap my head around this. and every fantasy game does this now. spikes and glowing particle effects galore. what happened to practical designs?
>>
>>389156653
>turn off double tap to dodge
This is 10/10 advice, give this man a medal.
>>
Just got back into the game since playing it at launch. Hit Orr and dropped the game since it was such a shitfest at launch. Tried it again and Orr is a lot better, and a lot of quality of life improvements in the game.

Now in and trying to finish the plot but I'm poor as fuck. What's a decent way to make money & karma as a solo player that hasn't beaten vanilla story? The temple of balth has some good exotic armour to replace my shitty crafted stuff from launch, especially as I'm an engineer with flamethrower so I like to burn shit.

Also bought the expansions since I am really enjoying myself now that some stuff I didn't like has been improved, but this "mastery" popup is fucking annoying me. Every time I gain exp the "learn yo mastery" popup covers the entire chat box, but I can't do that until I do a quest in HoT, and I'm a bit away from that.
>>
>>389156679
Oh nobody finds the legendary armor appealing. All of the designs have been almost universally panned by the community. I just like it because it's a skin you can only get by completing raids a lot, it's animated, and you can change the stats on it around to swap builds easily.
>>
File: gw2 (989).jpg (445KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
gw2 (989).jpg
445KB, 1680x1050px
>>389156679
I don't, and you don't have to look like this, some of the armors are way overdesigned, a lot are fine.
>>
>>389126030
>Has enough materials and gold for legendary armour
>Doesn't spend transmutation charges to not look like shit
>>
>>389138393
>Nerf condi tempest and warrior
>Ranger gets hit the hardest

Anet's balance department, as usual, has no fucking clue what it's doing. Maybe they should play their own game more instead of AFKing in FFXIV
>>
>>389157104
The mastery pop-up is fucking stupid, I hear everyone complaining about it and I don't know if you can turn it off. It's probably good idea to do the intro mission of HoT just to get rid of it and start gaining exp toward your masteries.

Also, the temple of Grenth vendor in Cursed Shore sells exotic berserker armor which is probably better than whatever is sold at the Balth temple.

Don't bother with money and stuff too much now, just do your story missions, you'll get free gear, and HoT missions outright give you exotic stuff.
>>
File: gw100.jpg (652KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw100.jpg
652KB, 1920x1080px
>>389137310
It's not about remembering. It's about taking up to 5 minutes to switch out all your gear and traits.

Also, post salads.
>>
File: gw129.jpg (800KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw129.jpg
800KB, 1920x1080px
>>389157119
Despite that, it is more common for people to be wearing gaudy armor, complete with glowing weapons and wings, rather than anything subdued or nuanced.

I realize that a lot of them do it to be "le funny ironically awful", but it still looks awful.
>>
File: gw105.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw105.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>389150562
I know it has fishnet but at least it's not a fucking trench coat.
>>
File: 1458830933933.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1458830933933.gif
3MB, 200x150px
Soulbeast is going to be the new monster to watch out for. You can push 300% critical damage with the right gear and traits, and another 50% damage for Momenty of Clarity trait + all of the other shenanigans.

Brown bear F3 for resistance, physical damage immunity, and a 4k AoE heal.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (63KB, 335x657px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
63KB, 335x657px
>>389157206
I'm not going to transmute over a skin that I worked hard to get. I just keep a second set of ascended armor for my original fashion wars do not steal
>>
>>389158608
Still only relevant for PvP or wub, in raids Ranger will be forever relegated to being the buff bitch until Anet gets off their asses and lets boons/buffs target more than 5 allies.
>>
>>389158657
Reminds me of Ruseman
>>
File: coma.jpg (46KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
coma.jpg
46KB, 616x699px
>>389158731
>raids
No one wants to play in raids tho, it's only populated by elitists and retards who can't dodge. It's literally the worst people in the game from completely different ends of the autism spectrum.
>>
>>389157472
As far as I can tell the mastery popup will not go away. So yeah I'm stuck with it for now and it's annoying. Also covers up the level number so I can't tell what level I get pushed down to in earlier areas. Not really an issue, just annoying.

Good to know about not worrying about money, but would berserker armour be useful? I looked it up and it has no condition damage, but I'm an engineer and most of my damage seems to be condition based. Especially as I plan on mainly using flamethrower & flame turret as damage (dual pistols or pistol/shield for when not using the kit).
>>
>>389159135
Raids can be fun if you find the right guild to do them with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHLg21oeagU
>>
>>389159151
Yes, condition damage is the stat you want, berserker is just the best PvE stat combination for most other classes so most people go for it.
Also right now you should focus to getting to maguuma as fast as possible, since you are at max level but can't level masteries, you're effectively wasting experience.
So do at least the first maguuma story mission, so you can select a mastery to level.
Then go on doing your thing.
>>
File: AoC-armors.jpg (331KB, 1268x752px) Image search: [Google]
AoC-armors.jpg
331KB, 1268x752px
>>389156679
People equate more bling with prestige. There's not enough fantasy games that actually do interesting grounded designs anymore. GW2 does have the ability to look however you want, though.
>>
File: GW2 Armours 2.jpg (837KB, 1489x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GW2 Armours 2.jpg
837KB, 1489x1000px
>>389160090
One of the best things about GW2 is equal opportunity slutwear.

Unless you're a medium armour class, because then you must cover every inch of your filthy haram body in a long trench coat.
>>
>>389159957
Can I do the first maguuma story mission without beating vanilla story? I just beat the mouth of zhaitan, so no idea how much I have left (just barely stepped into the maybe second last zone).
>>
>>389159151
Until you can get yourself a full set of Viper armor (HoT), Berserker is going to be your best option even with flamethrower kit
The vanilla stat spreads for condi aren't that great.
>>
>>389160413
Yeah. The vanilla story is shit. Don't bother with it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (181KB, 913x528px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
181KB, 913x528px
>>389160413
If you own the expansion, you should just be able to go to this and hit "begin story"

I wouldn't stress to much about leveling masteries though, you'll get them all eventually, just chill out and do whatever you feel like, explore the world, do story quests, jump into eternal battlegrounds or edge of the mists and follow the guy with the dorito over his head around. GW2 is not a game for worrying about things, it is a game for chilling out and taking your time.

In game, type out "/wiki et" and this will take you to the page that shows you when things are happening to the world. You should go to the tequatl boss fight once a day for free gold and loot, which you can then spend to acquire exotic berserker armor. Normally you would get exotic armor through dungeons but dungeons are dead content that very few people play.
>>
>>389160756
I have to finish it though, because it is there. But if I can just start maguuma to get this fucking mastery thing out of my face I'll do that. The story itself may be kinda garbage but the world itself is good and generally shit not involving Traeherne is entertaining enough.

>>389160630
Getting mixed messages here. Well fuck it may as well just not bother (though grinding karma for a full set would take forever either way). I'll just craft shit later on.
>>
>>389160413
You still have like 2+ hours worth of story missions in Orr.
You can start the HoT story from the story tab.

Here's a recap of what happened between the end of the vanilla story and HoT, it's missing LS2 but that part didn't really add anything interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9LrN-LD-ZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23CbseKEik

>>389161082
>Getting mixed messages here
Trust me I'm an engi main, you have a few options:
>Keep playing whatever you'rer going for, you'll probably go for rampager gear but you'll lack condi duration, start reading about the optimal way to play and build a condi engi
>Go for berserker gear and change your build accordingly (Rifle, bombs, grenades and rifle turret or toolkit), it will make your like easier but it's not your playstyle, again read a bit about power engi

Your goal once you're in HoT will be to craft yourself Viper gear, the blueprints are sold by some of the map vendors.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (288KB, 1381x657px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
288KB, 1381x657px
>>389161082
Here is the best way to get gear for yourself

What you need to understand about the class you've chosen, is that it is ultra high effort to compete with what other classes can do much more easily. Engineer is basically a completely different game in terms of the skill you need to play it well, keeping track of hidden cooldowns and and shit across like 8 weapon sets. It's easier to learn to play the piano then it is to learn to play engineer. The reward for mastering this is one of the most versatile classes in the game though, you have an insane number of tools to get almost anything done. The upcoming subclass, holosmith, is mainly looking like a power-type damage brawler with some really nice, simple, high damage skills so that might change things up a lot. You can get by in PvE fine just playing a flamethrower or grenade build with berserker armor for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi9vr3H9GKs
>>
File: gw112.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw112.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>
The game may not have been astonishing, but hanging out with the /d/ guild in our lil "behind the zone walls" fucklodge was comfy.
>>
>>389161853
>Observer kukk
Now I feel like a faggot for laughing
>>
File: GW2 Sylvari Spring.jpg (155KB, 537x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GW2 Sylvari Spring.jpg
155KB, 537x1000px
>tfw almost no qt3.14 femsalad r34
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>389162421
>No sylvari auschwitz was established the moment they were discovered to be dragon minions

Nothing would have pleased me more than throwing the salads into ovens en masse.
>>
So what do I actually need to unlock all of the customization options?
>>
>>389125901
Yeah this, I always target necros since they can snowball teams if they get enough shroud up. But if they are focused then they die in a instant
>>
>>389163148
What customization options? You mean builds? Or wardrobe?
>>
>>389163637
I was thinking hairstyles and colors.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m70jHwISo64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr6vxsF5lhg
>>
>>389163747
You need a complete makeover kit to be able to choose the exclusive faces, hairs and hair colors. It costs 600 gems.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (169KB, 976x571px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
169KB, 976x571px
>>389163747
Well the best way to get dye kits is from wvw skirmish chests which you earn passively by being active in wvw, and you can buy the ability to infinitely change your hair as much as you like for four thousand gold
>>
File: 1503638603344.jpg (55KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1503638603344.jpg
55KB, 500x418px
>>389163997
>exclusive faces
I didn't even know those existed.

>>389164016
>4000
EZ
>>
I've had the game for over 4 years, played it a lot at first then sparingly for a long time, now picking it up again. I actually never bothered with ascended gear until now, though now with holosmith coming I'm gearing up for it. There's some burning on the spec but it's more bursty so I'm going for berskers for now rather rather than vipers, plus it's easier to get a hold of. Might get grieving gear later though
>>
>>389163827
Can't listen to this fag. He even SOUNDS retarded.

Does he think people had "instructions" on how to play the game back at launch, when shit like the content guide didn't even exist?
>>
>>389163827
Isn't this guy a confirmed troll? I remember him having many videos like this about different games.
>>
>>389165153
Yes
>>
What is karma good for? Does it get good gear at Max level? Or is there stuff I can buy to sell for good gold/gems?
>>
>>389164816
Grieving is gonna be shit. Condition duration is very important for condition builds, and Grieving gear has none.
>>
>>389165554
Karma is kind of a mess, but they've recently allowed you to buy a lot of things like minis and fun cosmetic stuff for karma in LW3 maps, and we assume they'll be continuing this trend and adding a lot of fun stuff to spend karma on in PoF

You can also buy Pact Scout Mapping Materials, and then spend them when frostgorge sound rotates to its "week 2" rewards shown here
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frostgorge_Sound
The blood, lodestones, and giants eyes are very valuable.
>>
>>389165751
I always did fireheart rise, which one is more profitable?
>>
File: nightmare.png (600KB, 869x493px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.png
600KB, 869x493px
STOP THE PRESSES
anetter is literally SFV esporting right now at pax
>>
>>389165691
Grieving isn't for condi builds, it's made for Power builds that already cap their crit chance through traits or mechanics (like the holosmith heat sword getting crit chance), even base power engi will benefit from that stat spread given how much bleeding you get from shrapnel, and there's a holo trait that turns your auto into an explosion, so it procs shrapnel.
>>
>>389166406
>Giving up crit damage for mediocre condition damage
>>
>>389165842
Fireheart week 5 looks competitive
>>
>>389165842
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward/profit
>>
>>389166406
I'm thinking that too. I'm just not too keen on them shoehorning burning onto holosmith, feels like they're forcing you to address it. Either way, even though 4 stat items have less of each stat IIRC the overall stat budget is higher
>>
There, just did the first two quests of HoT to get that fucking mastery thing out of my face. Apparently have 9 mastery points for Central Tyria. Should I just save those for the crafting thing? I clicked the crafting mastery and now it's selected, says 65% complete. I take it I just leave this selected and it works like a normal exp bar?
>>
>>389168051
The crafting one is the most useless if you don't care about legendaries. Pick the one with the autoloot.
>>
>>389168429
Oh okay. No idea how important legendary crafting would have been especially as I'll probably never do fractals or raids.
>>
>>389168051
You select a mastery, fill your bar with exp, then spend your mastery point to unlock it.
>>
>>389168619
Raids I can understand but you have no reason to skip fractals, especially since they get your ascended rings pretty easily.
You could even start running them now, the first tiers are extremely easy, much more than vanilla dungeons.
>>
>>389168619
Legendaries are just cosmetics.
>>
What's the best profession to use rifles/pistols?
>>
>>389170338
Warrior, probably soon to be thieves, for rifles.

Thief for pistols. Engineer is more for damage over time effects
>>
What's the best mesmer pvp build?
>>
>>389169070
Oh, I figured legendaries were a tier above ascended. Guess I'll ignore them then.

>>389168769
Eh, maybe, but I tend to just play at my own pace, mostly just to explore. Don't have much intention on playing with others unless my friends pick up the game again.
>>
>>389170338
Engineer uses both.
>>
>>389138393
>>389132530
tbf benchmarks for elementalist are a clusterfuck and often don't translate as well into actual encounters unlike other classes.

That said, that tempest is shit, there's a tonne of damage increasing things you can run as tempest in fractals that don't work in raids like krait slaying sigils and x slaying potions. A long with tempest defense you should be pushing 30k dps at the least in the first phase where this tempest has 16k.

But that also said, condi PS is out of whack. Look at the power tempest dps on the SMALL HITBOX, it's 27k. cPS has 30k, so even in benchmarks a support build is better than a dps build power tempest if the hitbox is not massive. It's just lucky that there's few small hitbox bosses.
>>
>>389170498
Statistically they're identical. You can switch stats around on legendaries much easier. If you only ever play styles that require one type of stat or runes you'll be fine without.

Though I'm seriously wishing for one item-slot equipment lockers to store full item sets for other builds
>>
>>389136816

The game's engine is a abomination of spaghetti code held together by paper clips and bubble gum, and 80% of what you see in game is hard coded. Every time the playerbase asks for new quality of life features, the answer is always the same: it's not possible due to engine limitations.

The developers have even straight up admitted that they've wanted to allow players to equip any armor piece on any class for awhile now, but the engine flat out won't let them and any attempts to modify the armor system will basically collapse the entire thing. It's the same reason why mounts took so long to add to the game, because character movement speed was hard coded to be a maximum of 600 units per second, and every time they tried to make a way for players to go faster than that the game would start vomiting and die.
>>
>>389127529
You could've kept in touch if you wanted to, but you didn't.
>>
>>389138393
>measurable dps meters

Well shit. I mean I've mostly played with people who don't care (or at least enough to tell me I'm bad), but this is kind of offputting. Do raid bosses have enrage timers?
>>
I just got a mesmer to 80 after not playing since launch. I like it but it's starting to feel a tad boring since it feels like I only ever use sword for power and scepter for condi. I just started getting my HoTs hero points but I'm considering using an 80 boost on something else.
Was thinking ranger, necro, or elementalist, but open to other ideas. I'm looking for something fun in pvp but still useful in fractals/raids
>>
>>389171934
Yes, but nothing that requires amazing dps, they only exist to stop people cheesing the bosses with super tanky specs for example.
Having a good dps is still something you should aim for.
>>
Randomly checked this character recreate item I got for buying the expansions, didn't realise there were exclusive faces & hairstyles included. Noseless sylvari is neat looking. Makes them look properly inhuman.
>>
>>389172362
There's no class that is outright bad in fractals and raids.
>>
>>389170498
I'd play with you, what's your ign?
>>
>>389174364
Character is "Carlie Rose". Gonna be out for the rest of the day and a chunk of tomorrow though.
>>
>>389175486
Alright, added you anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (187KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
187KB, 680x765px
>>389170498
Legendaries are a tier above ascended, but they don't have higher stats. Instead they have the ability to switch stats, the idea is if you have a legendary it's the last of that item you will ever need because you can change it to suit any build any time you want.

Also, join [HOPE], it's a fun social guild that used to be based out of /vg/. Message Raziel.7092 for an invite.
>>
Most fun classes?
>>
>>389176438
the uninstall wizard
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.