[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boosting in Sonic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Boost_To_Win!.png (43KB, 272x173px) Image search: [Google]
Boost_To_Win!.png
43KB, 272x173px
Is it a 2D thing or a 3D thing, and which does it work better for?
>>
>>389102823
it sucks in both games.
having a "go faster" button is stupid.
>>
>>389102823
Neither, the game should specifically design levels around it in a way where you have to strategically use it.
I'd have no problem with it if they did that for a couple games and then tried something else.
>>
>>389102823
It sucks in both types. However, by virtue of the fact that you can see much more in 3d, it works better in that environment.
>>
>>389102823
>get boost in advance 2 via going fast to achieve it as a state which you can keep by never stopping
>get boost in any other game with it by pressing a button to kill everything in your path
hmm
>>
>>389102823
Boost worked fine in Rush and Rush Adventure.
it's okay in the 3D games, but Sonic handles like ass there (and that's not the fault of boost)
>>
The thing about Sonic that makes Sonic good isn't necessarily the speed so much that it's the momentum. In classic Sonic games when you can get a continuous momentum you turned into a bullet and it felt fucking good. The game also rewarded you by launching you to areas way higher than if you progressed normally which usually had less enemies to keep the momentum going.

Boosting sort of ruins that because keeping that flow doesn't matter when you can hit max speed at the touch of a button.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.