[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Dauntless? Can it coexist with Monster Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: runescape%203.jpg (165KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
runescape%203.jpg
165KB, 590x332px
Thoughts on Dauntless? Can it coexist with Monster Hunter?
>>
fuck qbd
>>
>2017
>still wasting time with QBD
>>
>>389089304
It could even easily surpass Monster Hunter because it's a VERY flawed series that has only maintained its dominant spot as the fantasy hunting game because nobody had half a brain to make a better game, although the concept is fucking great and big companies like Blizzard or EA could sell it like hot pancakes, JUST LOOK AT ARK SUCCESS FFS, AND IT'S A UNFINISHED, BUGGED CLUDGE.

But Dauntless also look like another mediocre attempt, and lacks both a big marketing campaign and the long Monter Hunter history so it will fail again.
>>
>>389090193
But Monster Hunter does a great many things well, it's got it's fair share of flaws though obviously. It is a great series, that's undeniable.
The only hunting game to come close to MH is God Eater, it fails mostly because it falls short in the endgame fights and has far too much story scenes. The feeling is there though.
>>
>>389089304
I'll use it to tide me over until PC MHW comes out.
>>
To be honest, free casual multiplayer monster huntering on pc is exactly what I want.

On the surface this Dauntless looks perfect for me but it's down to the f2p model and how the game feels to play whether I play much of it.
>>
>>389090193
It's hard to put something out in one go that's better than MH since MH has a lot of previous games to draw on for filling out monster rosters, expanding mechanics, defining weapon movesets and general game feel, and so on. MH also established fairly early on that monsters were going to re-use skeletons and animations, which saves a lot of time and effort, and I doubt people would give new series the same leniency. Animating stuff you can't mocap is always going to be time consuming and expensive, let alone making the monsters actually fun to fight, so it's not surprising that MH style games have not really expanded that much as a genre.

Dauntless may have its own niche as the F2P party focused MH, but it's hard to see it doing better than MHW unless they massively improve all elements of the base game.
>>
>>389089304
It will be dead as fuck the second World drops.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.