[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any hype for GATES OF HELL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

New revamp of the Men of War rts series , the only series besides Total Annihilation/supcom choc fulla physics. Main upgrades compared to MOWAS2 are netcode, airplanes, new MP modes, way better graphics, and an engine revamp.
Might not be worth to buy if you already have AS2, but if you just have AS like me and they price at like 15$ it should be a good buy.
Also check out CALL TO ARMS, free modern warfare game on same older engine on steam.
>>
>>389087184
Been following it since the start, also don't compare it to AS or AS2 since it's by a different developer and is not actually a straight up engine improvement over AS2, as it's forked from the much older MoW version of the engine.
AS1/2 fork of the engine along with all its new features such as parallax mapping, DX11 renderer and shit is owned by the German dudes that made AS, who licensed the MoW engine for themselves (MoW and previous games in the series were made by now-dead russian studio Bestway).
German dudes made their own fork of the engine and improved upon it and that's what's used in AS1, AS2 and Call to Arms, which are their games.
Gates of Hell is a brand new indie studio formed by ex-modders that also bought the rights to MoW engine from 1C and are making their own fork of it for Gates of Hell. So in some ways it might be an improvement, but in others a regression.
>>
>>389087184
Been following it for ages, when the fuck is it coming?
>>
Never played any Men of War but they look fun.
Are they actually good?
There's so many of them: Which one would you recommend (preferably newest because graphics matter)?
I like all the settings so mostly game play wise obviously.
>>
>>389088653
Yes, but it's not RTS, it's RTT.
The best entry point would be Assault Squad 2 Men of War Origins which is a remake of Men of War including all the SP campaigns from that game, it's SP focused.
Then if you like it, you can get Assault Squad 2 which is MP focused.
>>
>>389088653
>>389089036
Steam links to the ones you want:
SP: http://store.steampowered.com/app/274440/Assault_Squad_2_Men_of_War_Origins/
MP: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244450/Men_of_War_Assault_Squad_2/
You do want to get the SP one first to learn how the game works though.
>>
>>389089036
>>389089282
One last post to elaborate, Origins is technically a "DLC" for AS2, but you can buy either standalone.
If you buy Origins, you get gimped access to AS2's Multiplayer (only basic unit access in factions and I believe only Skirmish mode is available).
AS2 is MP focused entirely and getting that will give you full access to MP functionality, when you have both they basically act as 1 game in your library.
Go with Origins first to learn the game.
>>
>>389090173
Thanks.
>>
>>389087184
I've been following it for ages but it's going nowhere and AS2 is already miles ahead. Outside the supposed single player campaign I don't really see why anyone would care.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.