[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good 2D horror games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Presentation11-1.jpg (29KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Presentation11-1.jpg
29KB, 960x720px
I guess they have to exist. I remember finding the beginning of Super Metroid, after you land on Zebes, very unnerving, and it wasn't even a horror game... but that soundtrack and atmosphere, man. You just knew something bad was going to happen.
>>
>>389082679
I heard that Dark Wood is actually nice, but I haven't played it yet. It's also free on Pirate Bay uploaded by the game creators because they didn't want refunds.
>>
>>389083016
I bought it, shit's tense yo. Scariest game I've played recently, great art direction.
>>
I'll check Dark Wood out, thanks. Any more?
>>
>>389082679
lone survivor
>>
>>389084859
The music for that game's fucking great, Sleep Forever is so good.
>>
Dark Wood irritated the hell out of me at first. The game doesn't explain very much to you.

I'll try to give some tips without spoilers.

Always keep the stove lit. The stove will keep you safe at night more than the generators will.

Always board up your windows at night. Even the doors too.

Bear traps are very handy.

ALWAYS
KEEP
A
STOVE
LIT

Fuck. As for spoilers, the game never tells you that it's the stove that keeps your hideout safe from the unkillable spooky red cloud things that seek you out at night. You can board up and block off every door and window, but that won't help you if the stove is off.
>>
>>389082679
Check out The Consuming Shadow. It reminds me of a horror themed FTL. The graphics are not great but everything else is good.
>>
>>389085182
my nigga Yahtzee did a pretty nifty job on that shit
>>
Clocktower
>>
File: 1450594416987.png (112KB, 413x451px) Image search: [Google]
1450594416987.png
112KB, 413x451px
>>389085182
Don't shoot the gondola please.
>>
What's the Amnesia of 2D horror games?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.