[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half-Life 2 with Modern Changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: nugcrab.jpg (150KB, 800x505px) Image search: [Google]
nugcrab.jpg
150KB, 800x505px
Would Half-Life 2 be better with ironsights, two-weapon switching?

I sort of think so. Ironsights are more immersive and make you feel like the character is actually aiming carefully. Plus the tradeoff between higher mobility or higher accuracy forces you to make tactical choices. Only being able to carry two guns at a time (plus the Gravity Gun) would allow Valve to make each gun viable. Plus you would have fewer tools available at any time, so you would have to plan more strategically.

And replacing headcrabs with nuggets would be cute and funny.
>>
no but this world would be better if your dad aborted u
>>
>>389082048
>Would Half-Life 2 be better with ironsights, two-weapon switching?
No and no.

>Plus the tradeoff between higher mobility or higher accuracy forces you to make tactical choices.
You can do that with 20+ weapons as well, as long as you make the guns AND enemies varied enough, mixing and matching various details in smart ways. See original DooM and its possibility space for example.
>>
>think modern shooters with regenerating health are shit
>go back and play the hl2 campaign
>every 2 steps, a wooden box that contains a healthpack

Not sure why it bothered me so much, but it felt like atrocious design. For some reason I don't care as much in games like Duke3D or whatever. I think it's the whole having to smash/shoot the box for no reason.
>>
>>389082597
It just feels stupid. Regenerating health is kind of dumb, but it gets across the idea that bullets are dangerous.

Health packs do the same, but then you have to dick around looking for them, which isn't fun.
>>
>>389082048
No fuck off
>>
File: umaru_bully.jpg (191KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
umaru_bully.jpg
191KB, 1200x675px
>>389082048
>two-weapon switching
fuck off
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.