[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Half Life a Metroidvania?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: halflife1998.jpg (96KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
halflife1998.jpg
96KB, 888x499px
Was Half Life a Metroidvania?
>>
>>389081740
nope
>>
>>389082774
y
>>
>>389081740
Duuuh. Couldn't even backtrack
>>
File: nichijou00114-650x365.jpg (51KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
nichijou00114-650x365.jpg
51KB, 650x365px
>>389081740
Does Half-Life feature a large interconnected world map the player can explore, though access to parts of the world is often limited by doors or other obstacles that can only be passed once the player has acquired special items, tools, weapons or abilities within the game and acquiring such improvements can also aid the player in defeating more difficult enemies and locating shortcuts and secret areas, and often includes retracing one's steps across the map?
>>
>>389083423
Maybe I remember it wrong, but I thought there were parts where you actually HAD to revisit previously seen areas.
>>
Besides all of the weapons you get, the only upgrade you get is the long jump pack at the end of the game.

I'd love a metroidvania that has physics similar to Half-Life and plays like it too
>>
>>389081740
It's missing a single vital aspect of Metroidvania play style, in the form of being able to revisit previous areas, and usually multiple ways to get back to earlier parts.

That being said, it's kind of a shame it didn't have that. Would have been cool revisiting earlier areas and talking with the science staff and maybe having them give you new objectives.

One could argue whether it being a 2d map also is a requirement, and possibly some mild RPG mechanics, but still.
>>
>>389083582
from a tech standpoint they were new areas looking like altered versions of old areas, and you didn't backtrack to get to them, you pushed forward. Didn't even overlap coordinate-wise.
>>
>>389081740
Was Half-Life a JRPG ?
>>
>>389083137
It's linear and there's not much in the way of upgrades to go and get. An fps metroidvania that wasn't one of those awful metroid games would be p cool.
>>
It's much better than that shitty meme.
>>
>>389083987
Yes lad.
>>
>>389083987

>Not having Gordon as the ultimate anime waifu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.