[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say he is a hard boss? Beat him 3rd try, and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: pontiff_sulyvahn.jpg (244KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
pontiff_sulyvahn.jpg
244KB, 1024x576px
Why do people say he is a hard boss?
Beat him 3rd try, and the other 2 i drained over 85% of his health, but made silly mistakes.

>inb4 le dex build can parry him hurr durr

didn't even parry, just slashed and rolled around.
>>
Because not everyone use the same type of weapon, beat him first try with an one handed axe, struggled when I had a heavier weapon
>>
>>389081415
Because people are bad at fucking videogames.
Even Virgil on DMD in DMC3 is piss easy, and this is a place where people routinely start threads about dragon punch inputs being a bullshit artificially difficult barrier.
>>
Is this the tryhard thread for underageds ?

But really: I had no problems with real Gundyr, guess what, shits different for everyone
>>
In the first phase, if you can dodge his attacks, the flurry combos and plunging strikes aren't too difficult to manage.

Despite the game being, ultimately, the fifth in a line of games with similar mechanics, many players simply never really seem to get used to that, or lose the muscle memory and familiarity of souls combat far quicker than other players between games.

In his second phase, any player new to the boss is likely going to take between 5-30 seconds to realise that the clone is mirroring pontiff's attacks, adding a small layer of disorientation and weight to the player's thought process when it comes to attacking/dodging successfully.

Ultimately, after a line of relatively simple bosses, excluding perhaps the abyss watchers, the pontiff can be something of a surprise.

Let's not discount the idea that for newer players, a boss like Pontiff might be something akin to Ornstein and Smough in difficulty.
>>
I beat him first try using the Wolnir Holy Sword right when the game was released. Slow, awful scaling, faith was shit when the game first came out so I basically wasted 20 levels.

I don't get it either, the only hard bosses in DS3 was Nameless King. Soul of Cinder was a good fight too, but I think I was underleveled at 60 with a faith build. Frieda and the second 2dlc bosses are great and challenging, though
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.