[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rage thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: currentstateofgamingjournos.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
currentstateofgamingjournos.webm
3MB, 854x480px
Rage thread
>>
Stop
>>389053661
>>
>>389076445
Go back to /pol/
>>
LITERALLY can't get past the tutorial, it's a old joke come alive.
>>
File: ICANTTAKETHESEIDIOTSANYMORE.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ICANTTAKETHESEIDIOTSANYMORE.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>389076445
>>389056283
>fucking /pol/ is shitposting again!
NO
This isn't about /pol/, this is about critics being shit again. Watch the fucking video, you won't make it past the 30 second mark without wanting to pause it. This braindead fucker got stuck on a TUTORIAL LEVEL, and HE among other people just like him, are responsible for rating games for the masses.
This is a fucking problem because not only have critics been known to be lazy, this video shows that some of them, or at least one, isn't even good at the games they review. In this case, it was Cuphead: a SIDESCROLLING PLATFORMER, for gods sake.
That means that some critics just aren't passionate about gaming. You can make the argument that you probably weren't as good at Mario when you first picked it up, but think about WHEN you first picked up Mario for a second. Weren't you like, 5 or something? Didn't you actually get pretty good at the game by the time you finished it like, a month later? Isn't shit like that riding a bike? It doesn't really leave you once you figure it out. This goes for pretty much any platformer when you play them unless they've got other mechanics like momentum (I.E, classic styled Sonic games), and even THEN you still figure out how it works pretty quickly.
This asshole probably doesn't have a passion for games if he can't even pass the tutorial in a fucking platformer that's telling him exactly what to do, and HE'S in charge of the review of this game. He doesn't even need to have that passion; games are somewhat niche to the normie, so they wouldn't question it if they said the game was bad by merit of being the Journalist's definition of "hard".
Whether we like it or not, people like him are partially responsible for whether or not a game succeeds or fails, and it's a damn shame that a game like Cuphead, made by people who genuinely care about videogames and have a huge passion for them, has even a percentage of its potential success in the hands of a fucker like this.
>>
>>389076719
The guy that played in the video isn't a reviewer of platformers.
>>
I give it an 8.5!
>>
>trying to make a tutorial level that isnt literally SMB world 1-1
>>
>>389076719
>from VentureBeat
theyre fucking investors you twerp
>>
>>389076327
I suddenly feel less horrible about my lack of gaming skills. Thanks OP.
>>
>>389076896
this tutorial kinda reminds me of Kirby Superstar.
>>
File: 1500646399260.jpg (76KB, 1024x958px) Image search: [Google]
1500646399260.jpg
76KB, 1024x958px
>>389076764
So why is he reviewing a platformer when he clearly isn't qualified to review platformers?
>>
>>389076327
christ this is honestly worse than the DOOM one.
>>
>>389078208
Is he reviewing it tho?
>>
File: 2735207-1693023327-AYrPb[1].png (25KB, 208x210px) Image search: [Google]
2735207-1693023327-AYrPb[1].png
25KB, 208x210px
You are part of the problem.
>>
>>389076327
How can people supposed to write about videogames be so bad at them?
Also ignore te shitposter
>>
File: what.gif (2MB, 346x255px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
2MB, 346x255px
>>389076764
You don't need to be a "reviewer of platformers" (as if that's even a thing) to be able to get past the SECOND part of a tutorial without problems. ANYONE who actually plays games and is a "gamer" should be able to get through this quickly and without hassle. I played Sonic 2 when I was in kindergarten for Pete's sake. Seeing how so many "gamers" started gaming in the late 80's/early 90's, where platformers were the norm, this should be easy for anyone who's actually been playing games for the last 3 decades. And EVEN if you haven't been playing platformers, it shouldn't be hard to figure out. A friend of mine who NEVER play platformers got through Little Nightmares no problem.
>>
>>389080393

this is what people think
>"I'll get a job playing video games, that'll be fun"
>realize you have to literally play games and write about them 24/7 and it slowly begins to kill your fun
>games stop giving you any kind of release

yeah they should be 100% dedicated to their reviews and their work, I'm sick of garbage like that.

I watched Mike from Cinemassacre fucked the dog hard on the chemical plant zone on Sonic Mania , it's so embarrassing to watch.
>>
Where is this from?
>>
File: 1416148660232.gif (3MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1416148660232.gif
3MB, 255x191px
>>389076896
>Not knowing what "literally" means.
What's shown in op's webm is NOTHING like 1-1 other than it has platforms you need to jump over. Fancy that, right. Having platforms in a platforming game. But sure I'll humor you. Let's say it """"literally""""" 1-1, shouldn't a "gaming reviewer" be able to get through that shit no problem? It's not rocket science. If you can't get though 1-1 from SMB1 what the fuck are you doing as a "gaming reviewer"? Ok, if you're not interested in Mario and have never played it due to that but if you LITERALLY can't, then how the hell do you have the occupation of a game critic? You make it sound like 1-1 is somehow difficult when millions of people beat that shit when they were little kids.
>>
File: 1493476762270.jpg (88KB, 734x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493476762270.jpg
88KB, 734x960px
>>
>>389076327
Damn, I though you were randomly butthurt about the simplicity of the tutorial which is actually very neat, then got to that part and read the filename.
>>
>>389081813
y u so mad tho
>>
>>389081813
>What's shown in op's webm is NOTHING like 1-1 other than it has platforms you need to jump over
>when millions of people beat that shit when they were little kids.
thats the point chief. 1-1 is made in such a way that doesn't require text or special positioning or any "special" techniques beyond "jump over this thing" although it does reward exploring the space and your ability. my post is a crack at the game, not me defending the reviewer. Having a tutorial level at all is an offense to level design. at any rate, drooling retards and literal infants should be able to finish your first level without any instruction.
>>
>>389080808
Well, at least Mike was skilled enough to get to Chemical Plant. If he was anything like the guy in op's webm, he would've never gotten past the first enemy on the first stage. Also Mike is just a normal guy. As far as I know he doesn't go under the epithet "Gaming Journalist". But sure, seeing someone fail at simple things in video games is kind of annoying, I agree.
>>
>>389082571
I'm not mad in the slightest.

>>389082572
Oh, I see. My bad. I apologize. I thought you were defending the reviewer. Now that I see your meaning I totally agree.
>>
>>389078208
He's not reviewing it, though.
>>
>>389080393
What's your point? The guy playing the video game isn't reviewing it. This is completely fucking irrelevant. You can't generalize all reviewers based on this one dude.
>>
GET RID OF THEM
>>
File: idiocracy test.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
idiocracy test.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>389080808
Forget about whether or not they're having fun, this guy is showing a complete lack of comprehension, problem solving, and simple motor controls.
>>
>>389076327
>zoequinnplayscuphead.webm
>dspdoesntplaycupheadbutinsteadbenkucheraplayscupheadandsucksatit.webm
>arthurgiesplayscupheadthengoesbacktosexuallyharrassingfemalecoworkers.webm
>>
>>389076327
wew lad
I was half worried he wouldn't make it by the end 1:30 runtime of the webm. I wonder what it must feel like having your work being involved with video games media and being so inept at them. This isn't so much rage as it is sad tbqh
>>
That game looks WAY too hard.
>>
File: 1503271961821.png (393KB, 462x497px) Image search: [Google]
1503271961821.png
393KB, 462x497px
>>389076327
more like blockhead
>>
File: HERE WE GO.png (265KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
HERE WE GO.png
265KB, 500x439px
>>389076327
>Oh, a tutorial
>I know how /v/ gets with tutorial levels
oh
>>
>>389084410
I'm not generalizing anything. It's not irrelevant as someone who sucks this hard shouldn't be showcasing the game nor should they be calling themselves game journalists/reviewers. Cos if you're having this much problem with the VERY basics of platforming then you can't possibly have the expertise to call yourself a gaming critic. Feel free to point out my so-called "generalization" cos I can't see it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.