[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the cheapest way I can legally play this game? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Red_EN_boxart.png (134KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_EN_boxart.png
134KB, 250x251px
What is the cheapest way I can legally play this game? Is it to be a 2DS/3DS and download it from their store? Or is there another option?
>>
Just play Fire Red on VBA you homo
>>
just download the rom you fucking retard
>>
The former. Real cartridges go for absurd amounts of money nowadays thanks to collectors.

Alternatively, you can buy repro carts from China for like $5, though you're taking the risk of them not working.
>>
File: dreddteeth.png (740KB, 965x800px) Image search: [Google]
dreddteeth.png
740KB, 965x800px
>>389070538
Enjoy your iso-cube.
>>
If a local GameStop has the game used, it's actually pretty cheap, but otherwise just get it off the eShop.
>>
>>389070397
>legitimately
Yes, 3ds virtual shop is the cheapest. It also allows trancerring to Sun/Moon. I'm playing yellow now on mine. It's goin comfy.
>non-legit
Downloading an emulator and rom is free

I don't care if people do or don't emulate/pirate, but the price is always right.
>>
emulate it on your PC or phone
>>
>>389070397
There's a sale on the EShop now, dunno if it's EU only though.
>>
>>389070397
I can sell it to you together with my game boy advance, pm me your location
>>
>>389070397

it's on sale on the eshop right now actually. Got it for 35% off I think it was.
>>
>>389070397
As an almost exclusive console player just emulate pokemon games.
Its easy and you can always speed up the game if you want to but if you want the intended experience I recommend against that.
>>
>>389072389
x1.5 speed it ideal desu
>>
>>389072389
Are there any emulators on 3DS that support speed up?
Not that the faggot OP has his 3DS softmodded.
>>
Cheapest and best way is off the eShop, you can later down the road transfer your Pokemon to a newer version like Sun and Moon if you want.
>>
File: 1420329862273.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1420329862273.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>389070397
Emulate the game on your phone. It's that simple
>>
>>389070591
Last I checked, just the cartridges weren't expensive. They go for more if you want the box and manual, though. Plus, there's the save battery, but that's not that hard to replace.
Oh, I think Yellow was pricier though.
>>
File: 1418506308428.png (74KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
1418506308428.png
74KB, 249x242px
>>389072389
I play ALL emulated Pokemon games with the speed up option. I feel so wrong about doing that because I'm just breezing through the game and the nostalgia isn't there because of this but goddamn the Pokemon games from Gen 1 to 4 is SO FUCKING SLOW. It would takes hours for me to grind my party to Level 50 when on speed up it takes like 30 minutes top. I'm not alone am I?
>>
>>389070591
No they don't. You can walk into any used games store that still deals in GB games and find it for around five dollars. There are tons of copies floating around, and no self-respecting collector is going to settle for anything less than a boxed copy.
>>
>>389070591
Bullshit, I literally walked into a retro games store and bought one copy of Pokémon Blue, one copy of Pokémon Red, two copies of Pokémon yellow for $15 total.
>>
>>389070805
>It also allows trancerring to Sun/Moon

I bought Pokemon Yellow for this exact reason and never realised you have to use Pokemon Bank which has a monthly subscription thing on it. Fucking bullshit
>>
>>389073167
since when would you ever need to grind in a pokemon game?

you sound like you have a deathly short attention span
>>
You can literally play it emulated on a website...
>>
>>389074032
Not monthly, anon. It's for a year.
>>
>>389074032
And you can't send over Mewtwo or Mew. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>389074070
since the first one came out
>>
>>389074169
MUST BE LEGAL REEEEE
>>
>>389074229
That's somehow worse. They must realise people would only ever use it once, right?
>>
>>389074246
Well, Mew was always event only, so not much changes here. Plus you can get a Mewtwo from XY. It's still bullshit though.
>>
>>389073236
For that cheap the battery probably doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>389074646
I was excited to get Mew in Yellow since you can only do the glitch in gen one. Guess it doesn't matter though. I completed Pokemon Yellow and barely got halfway through Sun/Moon
>>
>>389074365
Doesn't the website emulation stuff count as 'renting'?
>>
considering how numerous websites offer fucking java/flash web emulators maybe u should fuck off with this shit
>>
>>389073167
You aren't every game before bw is so painfully slow. 2x speed is pretty much necessary.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.