[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for? Is this a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
What am I in for?
Is this a good game?
>>
>What am I in for?
Wang
>Is this a good game?
Yes
>>
File: shadow warrior hoji.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shadow warrior hoji.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>389068913

Tears
>>
>>389068913
>Is this a good game?
Yeah, but it gets too repetitive in the last half.
The final burst of enemies before a certain boss is top tier though.
>>
>>389069105
It was nice seeing Wang remember Hoji fondly in Shadow Warrior 2.
>>
>>389068913
It's ok.
>>
File: 20170704220433_1.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170704220433_1.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
I liked it but it's flawed as fuck, especially in terms of shooting.
Bullet spread is absolutely ridiculous and you can't hit the broad side of a barn while firing from the hip which results in enemies feeling bullet spongy despite going down in only a couple of hits.
This is especially bad with the shotgun which is arguably one of the worst ones ever featured in a game.
I'm not kidding when I say that your chance of hitting something is higher when you DON'T aim at something directly.
>>
>>389069215
The death room is the true last boss.
>>
>>389069990
It's more of a courtyard, isn't it? Either way whatever the area is where they throw literally everything at you is top notch, that was so much fun.
>>
>>389069693
So I wasn't just imagining it.

Weapon upgrades, skills, and powers are also poorly handled in this game. It's hard to tell what you'll need aside from sword skills and healing powers. There is part that will make you rage quit if you never got the defense power with the upgrade that makes it block every type of attack.
>>
>>389068913
Yeah it's alright. It unfortunately has the same issues Hard Reset had. Tries to mix old school shooter with modern but there's always a bunch of little faults that don't make the games as fun as they could be, at least in repeated playthroughs.
>>
File: 20170704220841_1.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170704220841_1.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>>389070630
It gets even better with the akimbo uzis.
If you don't aim with them then none of the bullets will hit even remotely close to the crosshair.
>>
>>389071086
I had this a bunch of times. Shooting an enemy and it's like a fucking Looney Tunes sketch, shooting all around it. Only found out a few days ago, after having played it a couple of times years ago, but there's iron sights. Can't remember if it helps.
>>
It's alright
drags in the middle, later enemies are big bullet sponges, bossfights look cool but are kinda boring and tedious
treat it like a smaller scale serious sam game and remember you can buy ammo straight from the menu with money which makes later fights less frustrating, I swear everyone just ignores the weapons beside the sword and then complains you have to hit everything with the power attack 50 times to kill it the are just playing it wrong
>>
>>389068913
It's pretty good. I suggest taking not binge playing it. It's better to play 1 chapter at a time every day or after coming home from work. The gameplay can get boring if you play it for hours on end
>>
>>389071476
What is the best weapon for killing the charger niggers?
>>
Play it and find out, retard and form your own opinion.
>>
>>389071405
ADS actually makes them shoot at the center.

There's also another issue: looting.
Probably around 1/4th of the game is wasted on breather parts where you do nothing but open containers and cupboards and pick up items.
Due to the way combat is handled there are nearly no scattered enemies in the game that'd break up that monotony since everything needs to be part of an encounter that gives you a karma rating afterwards (which to this day I still don't know how it works).
>>
>>389071834
I think the shotgun has a bit of stopping power but it needs to be shot at point blank range.
>>
>>389071834
Either charged crossbow or the energy wave from your sword that passes through them and damages their weakpoint.
>>
Is it possible to do the whole game sword only? Or you need guns
>>
>>389072418
Bosses and green niggers make it impossible.
>>
>>389072145
>Every time 4.5 stars
No idea. I could kill every enemy in a different way and it still wouldn't count. Also, yeah with the looting. Flying Hog is the kind of dev that for every two steps forward, they take one step back.
Also, something that was more agressive in Hard Reset but Shadow Warrior had a fair amount. EVERYTHING FUCKING EXPLODES
Shoot towards the end of a street, explosion chain comes back towards you. Made playing on Heroic a fucking pain.
>>
crossbow
shotgun
rocket launcher if you can get em
charged sword
fucking annoying enemies anyway, they never seem to get stunned like they are supposed to
>>389072418
you needs guns for the bosses but that's about it
it's pretty obvious they spent more time on the sword combat than guns but they aren't completely useless actually you probably won't realise how useful they are unless you play a higher difficulty
>>
7/10
>>
I played this game for 40 hours straight beating it 3 times on hard, heroic and then easy, and the reason why is because cheevos. Is it fun? Yes. Do I plan on ever playing it again? No.
>>
>>389072594
>Shoot fire extinguisher
>Massive fucking fireball
Also, half the things that look like fire still hurt you through fire resistance.
>>
>>389072743
Fucking annoying. Flying Hog needs to realize their mix of old school/modern isn't working. It doesn't satisfy for newer players nor for older. Their games have been "worth a playthrough" in terms of quality. Play once, never again.
>>
>>389072594
In Hard Reset the environmental damage was something that was deliberately put there as gameplay mechanic since your weapons themselves aren't really that powerful (actually, it's because enemies seem to have shields, too, but you never know that unless you aim at them wit the smartgun) so you have to lure enemies to them to use as traps.
In SW you can't even properly do that as you mentioned.
>>
>>389072965
I seriously hope they can get their shit together in their next game.
Their art design is fantastic, their engine solid, the combat/movement in SW2 pretty damn good and the level design of a lot of the map parts in that game surprisingly complex which showed that they actually know how to design a level.
It's just that they have to slap in awkward shit that doesn't work like the RPG elements, aiming down sights in a fast twitch shooter or their incompetent writing (especially in terms of jokes).
>>
>>389068913
very comfy game. fast paced and difficult at time but it allows you to pace yourself. great game
>>
>>389068913
I thought the combat was garbage but after the initial disappointment I started to have fun. Took until about chapter 7 but it got there. Not a great game, but it was free, so I enjoyed it for what it was.

All the bosses were copypaste lazy trash though.
>>
File: 10e.png (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
10e.png
156KB, 800x800px
>>389073279
Hard Reset had a bunch of issues. Since they were robots, they never react to damage so they're just bullet sponges.
Enemies explode, cars explode, everything around you explodes.
Limited sprint which bobs the camera all around with absurd amounts of blur, plus its not even that fast so enemies catch up within a second.
Weapons feel incredibly weak and it's fucking impossible to know which weapon you're about to shoot within the plasma/normal ammo categories since your only way to know is the fucking crosshair changing.
I wanted to like that game so much but its so misguided.
>>389074096
They seriously need at least one guy who has a clear vision of what the game is meant to be. It's like they just add a bunch of stuff because they think its cool without realizing they're both wasting their time and even working against the overall quality of the game.
>>
>>389074096
They should find a good joke writer and make encounters based on the jokes he comes up with.
>>
>>389068913
Fun first quarter, rest of it is boring once you realize that's all there is.
Combat is fun but never truly challenges you.
>>
I could never figure out the proper range of the sword. Every time I swung it just felt like I was hitting air. Sometimes enemies would get hit but there was no "resistance" feedback to make me feel it. I took so much damage from them too by just not knowing the proper distance to be, but you get 80% heal spell any time you want so I can't complain too much.
>>
>>389068913
I can't, for the love of fuck, figure out where I am supposed to go.

Two times I try to finish this game, two times I can't find out where I'm supposed to go and I give up.
>>
>>389074674
I still don't know if Hard Reset was meant to be tongue and cheek. The writing wasn't funny but it seemed odd enough that it was meant to be.
>>
>>389075460
The key to not getting lost is remembering to not go back where you came from unless there is no other way.
>>
>>389074475
>It's like they just add a bunch of stuff because they think its cool without realizing they're both wasting their time and even working against the overall quality of the game.

Best example are the bounty hunter missions they implemented recently.
They add nothing to the game, are tedious as fuck and address almost none of the problems the game has but actually accentuate some.
>>
>>389075916
I don't know, at some point, you beat a guy who's like a necromancer, and then you need Blue, Red and Green key to progress further, but I could never find em.
>>
>>389076348
In the cemetary? Yeah, it's a bit of a maze but once you find the right door, to unlock, its pretty straightforward.
>>
>>389075460
Find the glowing yellow door.
>>
File: 2016-02-07_00003.jpg (892KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-07_00003.jpg
892KB, 2560x1440px
>>389076139
Or you know what, scratch that.
The best example are the barrels in Juju.
They just added those because the Donkey Kong Country games had them but they had no fucking clue what the purpose of them in those games were so all they ended up implementing were those auto-shoot barrel sections where you were shot at high speeds from one barrel to another.

>>389075465
Apparently nearly the entire story got lost in translation.
>>
The main problem is how bullet spongey a lot of the bigger enemies. It's incredibly fun but it does get repetitive. Also both SW1 and 2 have shit endings, don't know why FWH can't write a good ending. hard Reset ending sucked too. They're like the Ito of video games.
>>
>>389076810
The fuck is this shit? They made a platformer?
>Apparently nearly the entire story got lost in translation.
Seriously? I just assumed it was confusing on purpose, in a sort of tecnhobabble kind of way. How the fuck does an entire story get lost in translation? The fuck is going on in this studio on a day to day basis?
>>
>>389074475
It's amazing how adding the dash in the remaster completely changes the game, it's rare that a single mechanic can make an ok game into a fun game.
>>
>>389076519
>>389076754
Yes in the cemetary, but the game is already uninstalled.
>>
Chapter 12 can suck a long fat AIDS infected dick.

Wandering around those circular rooms with the vision reducing gas mask on and everything just looks green from the smoke was fucking annoying. Not to mention the snow area where you fight those two chargers at once. I damn near dropped the game then and there.
>>
>>389075460
>>389076348
Modern gamers everyone.
>>
>>389077354
In his defense that stage was a maze unlike the rest of the game which is just follow the hallway.
>>
I had fun in it, but the looting was just annoying as hell.
I probably spent half the game opening boxes and picking up donut money
>>
>>389077648
>auto collect loot turned on to save time
>128/130 HP
>open drawer
>medkit

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>389077178
If you stopped you obviously weren't having fun. Still, if you want to go back to it, after killing the necromancer, you get keys to unlock doors, just do the typical, follow the left hand wall. Eventually you'll progress if the level seems too confusing.
>>
>>389075460
>>389076348
you might be retarded
>>
>>389077732
The game is pretty linear so there's no real point in saving it, outside of handful of levels which you circle back around.
>>
>>389077230
At least it's not fighting two chargers in a SMALL room.
>>
>>389068913
It gets really fucking boring very quickly. I'm amazed I even finished it. Second one is even worse.
One of the most overrated games of all time.
>>
>>389068913
Really fun interactions between 2 MCs, nice plot and alright gameplay that gets repetitive later.
It's a good game, worth checking out.
>>
>>389072145
>>389072594
this video explains the karma system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYM61rgwaI
>>
>>389077870
>>389077354
>>389077875
Sorry guys, I just can't figure out where to go and I end up bored.
>>
>>389078509
>watching a 5 min video about this shit

To get 5 star karma just headshot everything with a fully charged crossbow. That's it.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.