[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Adventure 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1504151804612.jpg (121KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
1504151804612.jpg
121KB, 640x908px
Thoughts on Sonic Adventure 2? How does it stack up to its predecessor?
>>
>>389061457
It was good at the surface but introduced many problems that haunt sonic to this day.
>>
>>389061457
Really enjoy it, but it has some glaring issues.
>>
Great game and anyone who says it's not needs a 2x4 induced headache
>>
>>389061457
It has some neat ideas but they all functionally suck. Also it continued the trend that Sonic needs to have some sort of edgy/complicated plot to attract tweens and adolescents, but it just comes off as stupidly ridiculous with it's poor-ass voice acting and cutscenes.
>>
It was miles better than SA1, to the point it can be enjoyed without having to excuse its flaws like SA1. Sonic Heroes was even better.
>>
File: 1494957787593.jpg (164KB, 608x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494957787593.jpg
164KB, 608x900px
Chao garden adds much more replay and enjoyment value than the game itself, also I enjoyed the campy songs.
>>
What were the hardest levels to A rank?
>>
In this game Sonic is darker than DBZ. Prove me wrong
>>
its when 3D sanic peaked in my opinion. Adventure 1 wasn't that good and this game managed to fix some of the problems that being said, its only a decent game.
>>
>>389061457
amazing game, best sonic game to date.
Exhilarating fun, cool mechanics, awesome music, a complete chao mini game. Multiplayer is kickass as well.

Basically it is the peak of sonic 3d games.
>>
Has one of the best OST of all time
>>
>>389062140
>darker than losing everyone you know except your mother
>darker than living your whole life as a slave to someone you can't possibly hope to overpower
>darker than entire planets wiped out in an instant
>>
>>389061457
The only levels that were fun were the Sonic/Shadow stages.
The only reasons people did the other stages was because they were forced to for story progression or they wanted animals to feed to their Chaos in the garden.

also sonic adventure 2 ost is great
>>
The only reason it was good was because chao garden gave you a reason to go back and play the levels. Which is why most of it is so memorable.
>>
It's a shame that Sega never expanded upon the Chao Garden. Imagine how successful it would be if they made a mobile game about it with pvp and shit.
>>
>>389064123
It's hard to explain but Sonic games with serious plots have a real underlying sense of dread and the villains feel like genuine menaces. Of course DBZ has it's moments as well but Sonic games are more deeply rooted to real life as it's a video game franchise that you are playing and actively taking part in.
>>
>>389064343
Pretty much this. Some of the shooting stages were kind of okay by themselves, just not anywhere near as good as the fast stages. Treasure hunt stuff gave me some good memories but fuck no I'm not touching those ever again. Did all those way more than enough getting all the stupid emblems to unlock Green Hill.

Also some of the fast stages (Crazy Gadget, Final Rush/Chase) were annoying and stressful to me, but what came after them was totally worth it. Made for a decent sense of progression there.
>>
>>389061457
Playing this for the first time right now after just completing Adventure 1 for the first time as well, really love the improvements they made over the first one. Only did the first 2 Hero mission but I'm guessing they removed the whole city aspect from Adventure 1?
>>
>>389061457
Download a 100% save file, play a few levels and skip the ones you don't like.
>>
>>389066182
>How to be a pussy ass bitch: the post
>>
>>389066295
at least half of the game's content is pure garbage, but the rest is pretty good

playing garbage for no reason is for faggots
>>
>>389066295
>sifting through two-thirds of shit just to get to the "good parts"
>>
>>389061457
A major factor in the reason Sonic sucked fro a decade and a half.
>>
>>389064660
That may have been true before but nu-sonic is all generic shit.
>>
>>389061457
This is the game where Eggman won the award for World's Quietest Villain.
>>
Everything but sonic stages and chao garden was fucking trash. Except Pumpkin Hill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCNQVIA-xg
>>
If the game was just the Sonic and Shadow levels it would be a masterpiece in Sonic games. The Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Eggman really bring the game down.
>>
>>389067617
yeah no shit. everything since Colors and after is fucking shitty and awful.
>>
>>389061457
Enjoyable if you played it on release, but it's really really clunky if you ever lose the rhythm. Sonic games have always been shit when sonic stops moving and SA2 is no exception.
>>
"Sonic the Sissyhog" stories

http://archiveofourown org/works/11778270

http://archiveofourown org/works/11798901

https://archiveofourown org/works/11923920
>>
>>389061457
good game, but mech levels suck and so does the spindash being less spammable
SA1 has better music too
>>
>>389061457
Sonic shadow knucles and rogue levels were tight as fuck and i liked it
>>
Want to do an all emblem run in SA2 but the chao shit is holding me off.

Just did SA1 and chessed it with the glitch.
>>
>>389061457
best sonic levels and best music
>>
>>389061457
At least a higher majority of SA1 felt comfy in retrospect. The only stuff I didn't like in 1 was Amy and Big, the rest of great. Compare that to SA2 where the hedgehogs are the only characters worth playing as.
>>
SA1 > SA2
>>
>>389069914
SA1 had a really bad camera
>>
File: 1503264195837.jpg (21KB, 213x194px) Image search: [Google]
1503264195837.jpg
21KB, 213x194px
>>389061457
It's definitely better than Sonic Adventure. However, it suffers from similar issues from the first game and made them worse; that being, too many characters that weren't implemented properly. Knuckles's and Rouge's radars are all fucked, forcing you to find Emerald pieces in a set order, on top of navigating god awful stages. Putting Tails in a slow ass mech, instead of giving him racing stages or stages that let him actually fly.

That being said, Sonic, Shadow, and Eggman felt great to play as and their stages are top tier for the most part. This game doesn't nearly suck as much as Sonic Adventure, but it's still only an above average game.

Chao Garden and SA2's soundtrack are really it's one true saving grace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjYPOAjH9s8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ly0hF4h27k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821i40MxuQk
>>
>>389070837
>Eggman felt great to play
Isn't he in the slow ass mech Tails is in?
Also they felt like a shitter version of Gamma.
>>
>>389071416
the SA2 mechs have a weird jankiness to their movement, gamma was so much better
>>
>>389071416
He is, but he got better stages and upgrades that made him a little more enjoyable. Both are pretty shit compared to Gamma, though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.