[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did this happen? A little pricey though, but I rarely buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (350KB, 1187x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
350KB, 1187x1059px
When did this happen?

A little pricey though, but I rarely buy steam game directly from steam anyway.
>>
>ni no kuni
what fucking language is that? british?
>>
I've already ordered the game. But I swear, if this game has Denuvo I'll be fucking pissed.
>>
>>389058691
A few months after the game got announced.
Bamco realized that PC is a viable profitable platform.

Hell only games Bamco is not porting to PC are anime adaptations like Digimon Sao and Gundam and chances are this will also change.
>>
>>389058961
All bamco games had it.
Like Tekken 7 recently.

Why do people hate Denuvo that much i haven't noticed any issues at all and i have 2 games that use it.
Tekken 7 and World Coaster.

Althou i do agree there is no point in adding it anymore considering it gets cracked in a month at worst and in less than a weak at best.
>>
>>389058961
Why do you care? You'll play the game once, get half way through, quit and never install it again.

Denuvo literally does nothing against you, your library of steam games that are 10 years old that you have played is proof of that.
>>
>>389059108

I wish bamco would also bring the new Girls und Panzer game to PC considering they already have plans to port the LWA game
>>
>removed familiars

intothetrash.jpg
>>
>>389059301
Denuvo, in addition to having serious issues with some computers, rare, but they still exist, Denuvo is essentially saying "We feel the need to protect our game" which has 2 connotations:
>Our game is shit and we don't want you to pirate it and know so you don't waste money
>We care more about money than making a good game
And technically,
>Our publisher made us do it
But that one is irrelevant for the purpose of this discussion.
>>
>>389059392
Who does this?
Other than the scrubbiest normies.
Evry game i ever play if its good or even decent i beat it.
Especially if i payed money for it.
>>
>>389058691
Is this the one with the princess (male)?
>>
>>389059667
I imagine its a good thing that companies shove that thing in to games regardless of the fact its not perfect and is crackable.
Gives the denuvo developer no reason to make new complicated versions when companies still pay for the current version.
>>
>>389059861
Clearly you are new here and haven't seen the backlog threads.
>>
>>389058691
They need to port the first game. I had it for PS3 but didn't play all the way through it then sold it.
>>
>>389059663
>removed familiars
Outofthetrashitcomes
>>
>>389060094
Actually backlogs get huge specifically if you acualy play your games.
Althou i guess you mean the people who have to try out every new game.
I dotn even start games i own or installed till i decide to acualy play them.
>>
>>389060061
That's a benefit to Denuvo. I'm talking from an informed consumer standpoint. Denuvo doesn't affect pirates in general and only hurts the paying customer. Devs/Publishers shoving Denuvo into a game is inherently bad, implying the game cannot stand on its own merit or is worth notably less than the asking price in terms of quality/content.
>>
>>389060173
The stories are unrelated supposedly.

Bamco might just want to start a nev JRPG series like SMT or FF or Tales.
>>
>>389060223
it was literally the one thing that made the game stand out from your generic jrpg.
>>
>>389059301
Some people have trouble getting their controllers to work in Denuvo games, plus I'm not going to pay for a piece of software that needs to phone home every month/update/hardware change in order to re-authenticate itself.
>>
>>389059108
I hope Gundam Crossfire gets ported to PC eventually. (I won't even bother to hope for Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn...)
>>
>>389059392
>Why do you care?
Because I refuse to install anything that has Denuvo in it. I wouldn't even do it if the game was free let alone after having paid good money for it.

>Why do people hate Denuvo that much
It's for all intents and purposes an officially sanctioned trojan. Even after uninstalling the game(s) that came with Denuvo, parts of Denuvo will remain on your system. And Denuvo has the ability to connect online, download patches or even new applications entirely, and install/execute them without your consent. In addition to reading your system's memory alongside other data. It's a pretty much exactly a trojan.
Beyond that though it also forces the games regularly phone Denuvo's servers or else they'll lock themselves until said call is successful. Meaning that an online connection all of a sudden becomes required.
It also affects performance in various ways, making the game more hardware intensive than if the game didn't have Denuvo. Doesn't mean the game can't be ran properly, but raising the minimum requirements while making the game more hardware demanding even if you have more than what's required, is still a really dick move just for them to push their damn DRM.

That said. I'll admit that Denuvo isn't necessarily outright malicious, outside of being an extra weight in terms of online and hardware (as well as modding if you were to take that into consideration as well), but the fact that it has all the capabilities of a legitimate trojan is pretty damn unacceptable in and out of itself. It means it has all the power to do legitimately malicious things if they so wants it to. They treat you as a potential criminal at all times and just screw over for it whether you're actually innocent or not.
>>
And why should you trust them, really? Their track record is pretty damn deplorable. Denuvo's team themselves come from the cracking scene, and Sony who funded and formed Denuvo to begin with, have some of the worst history with DRM of any big publisher. Even going as far as putting literal rootkits in their previous DRM schemes to fuck with their consumers. Innocent or not. And they've done this not once, but multiple times. Not giving a damn about neither the law nor their consumers.

And I am supposed to think nothing suspect or ill towards Denuvo? No fuck that. It has all the power to be malicious. And it most likely is. Given the track record it's far from trustworthy. But at the end of the day, even if it wasn't. It's still a really shitty thing to have in your game that only serves to drag the game down even if just a little at best. And that's really bad enough provided how you actually pay money for these products.
Though I guess that's the real kicker in the end. Pirates (provided they get real cracks and not shitty workarounds), don't even have to deal with Denuvo after launch week or whenever it gets cracked. But legitimate consumers are stuck with Denuvo for fucking ever unless they officially remove which practically never happens. Fuck Denuvo. Fuck it hard. I'll never pay money for a Denuvo game.
>>
>>389061465
>the literally I have no idea what I'm talking about post.
>>
>>389059108
>only games Bamco is not porting to PC are anime adaptations like Digimon Sao and Gundam and chances are this will also change

Unlikely since those games are Sony exclusive because oh look, Sony owns the anime houses responsible for them, and oh look, Sony also makes a dedicated game console, and oh look, their game console has 99% of Japan's gaming populace. You'd sooner see Project Diva on PC.
>>
>>389061581
http://store.steampowered.com//eula/371660_eula_1
>THE PRODUCT IS PROTECTED BY DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (“DRM SOFTWARE”) AND DENUVO ANTI-TAMPER PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY (“ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY”).

>CERTAIN FILES OF THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY MAY REMAIN EVEN AFTER THE PRODUCT IS UNINSTALLED FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

>IN NO EVENT SHALL UBISOFT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER BY ANY DRM SOFTWARE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY.
No, fuck Denuvo. It is literally an officially sanctioned trojan.
And that's without even referencing any accounts from people in the cracking scene supporting the very same claim.
>>
>>389061781
>certain files shale remain
Again, the literal faggot who has no idea. When you uninstall ANY software from your computer, files continue to remain in separate locations. And the entire thing is still stored on your drive in a capable functioning form...
>>
>>389061941
No fuck off. There is absolutely no reason to trust them and you'd have to be a literal DRM apologist/shill to deny it.
The predecessors to Denuvo had literally malicious code, rootkits included, in them. But Denuvo is different? Yeah right. I don't believe it.
>>
>>389059301
Denuvo is the reason I ended up not getting Tekken 7. And I almost did actually because somehow I had missed that it had denuvo and almost didn't learn about it before I was about to buy it.

Might have been for the best though. I put my time into Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart instead. And I'll surely put a good deal of time into Dragon Ball FighterZ instead. It would have been tough to cram Tekken 7 in the middle of all that even if I had bought it. And that's not even counting smaller games like the upcoming Blade Strangers and whatever else that I am sure to buy.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.