[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake Champions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 73

File: 345345t.jpg (116KB, 943x655px) Image search: [Google]
345345t.jpg
116KB, 943x655px
Where did everything go so wrong, /v/?

Quake has at least 20k dedicated fans and more than 100k board members.

Why is it worse than Lawbreakers now?
>>
they wont let me play it without paying 30euros
>>
just fix the netcode already
>>
File: 1504310613069.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
1504310613069.gif
1MB, 270x235px
It's because nobody wants a class based Quake game, but Bethesda just saw how popular Overwatch was and decided to get some dodgy outsource company to develop them a clone using whatever IP they had laying around.
>>
>characters with different abilities
>have to spend real money to unlock characters permanently
>every match is full of fucking sorlag and anarki because they are the only characters with CPM movement
game is dead before it even releases
>>
>here you go quake goys, have the literal opposite of what you guys like about quake
>WWWWWWWWWWOWWWWWWWWWWW
why won't you quake women haters just play our game fucking mysoginists, pc gamers are all nazis
>>
File: plush-doom-marine-front.jpg (58KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
plush-doom-marine-front.jpg
58KB, 800x800px
>have to spend money to get Doomguy
>have to spend more money to get the only good skin
DOA
>>
File: 1503622561409.jpg (245KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503622561409.jpg
245KB, 960x1200px
Take into consideration that a good chunk of people who played the beta are likely playing in F2P mode now, which doesn't show up on Steam since it only uses Bethesda's launcher.

Also, the complaints about the character abilities are overblown. The main reasons why QC isn't pulling in 20k players are simply an abundance of competition (PUBG, Overwatch, Paladins, etc) and the hard truth that arena shooters have become a niche genre (or sub-genre, to be more specific).

If you really want to see a dead arena shooter, look at UT.
>>
>worse than lawbreakers

lol nice try Cliffy, but as you can see people actually do play Quake Champions
>>
>>389056343
T-They're on the B-Bethesda launcher d-don't worry anon!
>>
>>389056343
F2P players on Bethesda Launcher, plus knowing it will go F2P, plus deliberately low key launch and advice from everyone to wait.

QL got about 6k players on F2P release, I expect this to get at least 12k
>>
>>389056343
shitty sjw female costume design that donĀ“t show of any skin unlike the original game made this one a no buy for me
>>
>>389057663
UT is still in fucking pre-alpha.
>>
>>389060057
And it has been for 3 years.
>>
>>389060241
Yes, but it has also been open-source from the beginning. Most games that get a public alpha/beta release have already undergone development for that amount of time.
>>
>>389056707
Bethesda owns ID Software games now?
>>
>characters with proper air control are locked behind a paywall
yeah fuck that
>>
File: arena.png (45KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
arena.png
45KB, 850x400px
The real question is how do we get more players to arena shooters that actually matter?
>>
>>389061701
They both suck.
>>
>>389061838
get a loads of this QC shill cam
>>
isn't this game free to play? wouldn't most people be on the launcher rather than the steam version?
>>
File: 220px-LugosiDevilBat3.jpg (6KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-LugosiDevilBat3.jpg
6KB, 220x165px
>bethesda launcher
is that a thing? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA
>>
>>389056343
How many times will we have to explain how the early access on Steam works ?

Quake Champions is not DOA deal with it. I'm sorry UT4 is dead I like that series too.
>>
>>389060815
Zenimax owns both.
>>
>>389062039
>How many times will we have to explain how the early access on Steam works ?
>not DOA
See there is only one initial release, if the game doesn't provide then it never will. QC is DOA.
>>
I've been playing since the earliest alpha
I told them every fucking time they sent me that survey that different life totals, speeds, and abilities across characters is fucking retarded pay2win bullshit.
They didn't listen so fuck'em, I'm glad this shitty overwatch clone is dying. I can still play quake 3 which nobody can possibly retroactively fuck up so I'm set.
>>
>>389062236

Which reminds me, has there ever been a multiplayer focused EA game that, when they finally reached version 1.0 the playerbase boomed? I'm thinking no, but who knows!
>>
>>389061701
I've never seen a game quite as dead as Warsow. Reflex Arena might have had a chance. Was it just barely too expensive?
>>
>>389057663
>The main reasons why QC isn't pulling in 20k players are simply an abundance of competition (PUBG, Overwatch, Paladins, etc) and the hard truth that arena shooters have become a niche genre (or sub-genre, to be more specific).
This sounds like a bullshit excuse given by a retard lead game designer who's fault it is this bullshit came out.
Fact is if they just remade quake they'd have everyone who loved quake playing it.
They instead decided to copy the most casual shooter on the market and stick the least casual mechanics of all shooters in it.
HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY FAIL, THIS IS CLEARLY PUBG'S FAULT - lead designer trying to keep his undeserving job.
>>
post blue haired girl
>>
File: 1504270651016.png (37KB, 715x974px) Image search: [Google]
1504270651016.png
37KB, 715x974px
>>389062615
>Fact is if they just remade quake
>>
>>389062006
It's trash, for some reason the CPU load is way too high. Pause the download and listen for your CPU fan to start whirring. I've literally never seen a download manager as resource intensive as the Beth Launcher, it boggles the mind.
>>
>>389062526
I think most quake players just don't like the CPMA movement. Also I don't think many people knew about it and when it hit the early access on steam it was really barebones.
>>
>>389056343
A lot of people will blame classes or any other changes but truth is people stop caring about Quake a long time ago. Quake Live has been on steam for a long time now, I think it was even free for a while but that didn't help it stay alive. Fact is people just don't care about Quake or arena shooters in general anymore.
>>
>>389062751
Yeah you post your shit images quake game designer, it won't change the fact your garbage game bombed because "we want the <retards> audience" method of game design has been proven to fail.
You complain that this game has too much competition, doesn't that mean they should have tried to be different, instead of making a shit version of shit games that are already popular?
>>
>>389059192
Wait for Hunter.

Also, Nyx is bretty hot.
>>389062486
Making a game free usually reels people in. It will probably be a big hit with the ruskies
>>389062526
It was and it still is too raw.
>>389062953
Quake is not big, but it is not dead either.
>>
>Still no classic mode

BEHTESDAAAAAA
>>
Bethesda can spend a billion on viralling this shit and still nobody is going to play it.
It's offending to the quake audience and doesn't appeal to any other audience either.

Next time try bringing some innovation to the genre, not slapping shitty RPG mechanics onto the same old game.
>>
File: 1503886354549.jpg (54KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1503886354549.jpg
54KB, 460x460px
>>389056343

since they dont have a programmin god like carmack anymore, this game suffers from shitty netcode, and feels janky as fuck at times. the matchmaking sucks too. you just cant have that in a 'competitive' shooter these days.
>>
>>389056343
Because it's not fucking quake.
Also it's got the same """netcode""" as goddamn Overwatch.
>>
>>389062953
>Quake Live has been on steam for a long time now,
I literally stopped playing that shit when it went up on steam, as did everyone I know who played that shit.
Fact is quake live steam update killed quake live, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>389063205
People would lose their jobs if the numbers prove the new mechanics are unpopular.
>>
>>389063446
Being able to play in-browser was seriously the coolest shit when it came out.
>>
>>389063590
It ran silky fucking smooth too.
Meanwhile the steam remake ran like shit.
How
The
Fuck
>>
>>389063291
>shitty RPG mechanics
???
>>
>>389063807
Abilities and stats...
>>
>>389056707
>team fortress 1
>>
>>389062615
>Fact is if they just remade quake they'd have everyone who loved quake playing it.
So, the same thousand guys that were playing quake before this? Not sure I'd fund a new game for that
>>
File: asdfdsgh.jpg (102KB, 727x244px) Image search: [Google]
asdfdsgh.jpg
102KB, 727x244px
Remember kids, always do the opposite of what /v/ says.

I've had $30 from a gift card sitting in my wallet since Christmas, so whatever.
>>
>>389056343
>Quake has at least 20k dedicated fans
gee maybe if there were dedicated servers to support them...
>>
>>389063291
>It's offending to the quake audience
Plenty of quakedads and pros are having fun. I think you mean autistic neckbeards.
>>
>>389064473
You actually paid for this shit?
I played it for free and I want my fucking money back.
>>
>>389064545
>i want an i win button like overshit
>>
>>389064635
Well, you're going to get it, like half the heroes in the game have an instakill ability.
>>
>>389062615
>Fact is if they just remade quake they'd have everyone who loved quake playing it.
Please provide evidence. There have been lots of recent games that just tried to remake quake and none of them are successful. The core arena shooter audience is 1000 people.
>>
>>389064545
I played it a bit and had fun, sue me.

>>389064716
>like half the heroes in the game have an instakill ability
lol no
>>
File: 1491489979389.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1491489979389.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>389064716
>>
>>389062967
>>389062615

Yeah I'm sure they're really missing out by not having the 400 people who play Quake Live
>>
>>389064787
>like half the heroes in the game have an instakill ability
>lol no
Ok sorry I thought we were talking about quake champions, the game I've already sunk a couple dozen hours into and know for a fact that most of the characters either have a dodge ability or an instakill ability (or an instakill dodge ability in the case of my favorite guy, scalebearer), instead of whatever game you're talking about.
>>
File: 1503301946155.jpg (72KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1503301946155.jpg
72KB, 680x680px
>>389062615

They already did that with quake live and it failed miserably. Guess statistics speak louder to them than your nostalgia whining.
>>
I love it but it needs some adjustments to go live

The netcode has some bugs like rockets not dealing damage and the hitboxes are all fucked up. Tiny characters dominate the game easy as pie because of this.
>>
>>389065172
>>389064878
>>389064773
>"they should remake quake"
>abloo bloo bloo QUAKE LIVE
Have you fucking retards even played quake 3 + live or are you just stupid as dirt?
Live is dumbed down bullshit just like champions. I can find more active servers in q3 than I can in quake live "dumbed down for steam-retards edition"
>>
Why couldn't they just leave the QL to the browser. Make it easily moddable and add some new game modes like co-op and some story missions. Host competitions with prizes for new maps and mods. Pay some popular youtube people to test popular mods.
We could still have QL and they could try to make some money out of quake. Fuck QC.
>>
>>389065316
>Live is dumbed down bullshit just like champions.
How so

Please elaborate I'm interested
>>
I thought it was F2P
>>
>>389065316
Do you have guide for playing q3 today? Because if I tried q3 some time ago but the ingame browser didin't really find many servers and most of them with players were just bots.
I tried some external server browser but didn't get it to work.
>>
>>389065495
You can spawn with a fucking rocket launcher anon.
Might aswell just rip the "quake" right out of the god damn title.
>>
Been telling you it's shit since I played the alpha, but you arena shooter LARPers thought you knew better.
>>
>>389065616
You download quake 3 arena, and install it, and then you click online, and then you play it.
If at some point something doesn't work just google it.
>>
>>389065621
All the servers turn loadouts off
>>
>>389066047
Doesn't matter, it's the same as tf2 with "vanilla servers" and "competitive" servers with every mechanic the developers put into the game disabled or gimped.
You can polish a turd with stunning efficiency, but why bother playing a game where the devs are so inept it's up to the fans to fix everything? That just means one random day one random patch can ruin everything. Why get invested?
>>
I bought it but refunded it. It will be f2p so no reason to pay.

Did enjoy it though, even though I got stomped. Had a 0.9KD lmao
>>
>>389065316
>failed Quake clones are only unsuccessful because they don't copy Quake precisely enough
>cloning quake AGAIN with zero changes would somehow make as much money as overwatch
How does someone become this retarded? What possible reason could you have for holding this belief?
>>
>>389066281
Quake Live weapons are balanced all around but need the others to complement each other to get kills don't they? that's why the loadouts were introduced.
>>
>>389066742
People like quake because it's hard, high skill ceiling.
Taking the same fundemental mechanics and adding shit that makes it easier to get free kills isn't even cloning it because you're removing what made quake quake.
They could easily take quake and try making it harder but the fact is everyone behind both quake live and quake champions is a fucking moron who doesn't understand that quake is popular for it's difficulty, not it's brand. Nobody gives a shit about the brand, they like moving fast and picking up upgrades and starting on equal footing, 3 simple mechanics that they refuse to even flesh out in the newer casual remakes.
>>
>>389067049
>quake is popular
But it's not.
>>
>>389067049
Q3 wasn't really good or fun
It was cool for its time, but needs to be spiced up.
>>
>>389066845
Yeah but that fundamentally turns quake into a shitty team-based shooter instead of the all around gem it once was. You can kill anyone with any weapon at any range in quake, it's just less effective than using whatever weapon excels in what situation and range you're in.
Personally I only liked quake for ffa, why would I play it if I'm just going to run around stealing easy kills and putting up assists for people because all the weapons were gimped for retards?
>>
File: 1503384049674.gif (977KB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503384049674.gif
977KB, 474x360px
>launch bethesda launcher
>agree with this, and this, and sign up here and there
>download quake
>click play button
>another gorillion notifications, terms of use and all that bullshit
Are you, are you fucking for real right now? I just want to play damn game. Fuck you and your qc garbage.
>>
>>389056343
15k play on bethesda
>>
>>389065172
>Guess statistics speak louder
like the newest quake -subtitle with classes- bombing worse than the previous quake -subtitle with classes-

quake wars launch had a stronger playerbase than quake champions
let that sink in
>>
>>389067219
Says you, it's the only multiplayer shooter I still play personally. The fuck else is there to play? everything else is spiced up casual garbage for people who want to press X to rape everyone or camp for hours and crawl everywhere like in arma-based games.
>>
>>389067320
It hasn't launched yet
>>
>>389060815
Where have you been since 2009?
>>
>>389067378
>can buy it
>not launched
it's launched, it's retail
>>
Arena shooters are fucking dead. They are a relic of the post, loved back then because there was nothing else.

Nothing has time for that spastic, insipid shit anymore.
>>
>Gamble $30 on this.
>it's fucking great.

This game feels so fucking good I thought it was supposed to be shit?

What if... PUBG is good as well?
>>
>>389067221
>Yeah but that fundamentally turns quake into a shitty team-based shooter instead of the all around gem it once was. You can kill anyone with any weapon at any range in quake, it's just less effective than using whatever weapon excels in what situation and range you're in.
But that's not true, by complementary it means you need other ones to finish off enemies for good. Rockets were already the butter and bread of Quake, and gaining a snowball early already decided the match. By giving rockets to everyone now they can do all the tricks and stunts everyone can, BUT you still need to pick up another weapon to effectively kill as rockets don't cut it perfectly all the time.

I understand what they were going for. Quake Champions feels better though because it's back to Q3A, with the only "loadout" being to start with a shitty MG, shitty shotgun or shittier Nailgun and all the other weapons are scattered throughout.

Problem here is that everyone flocks to RL or LG because LG is overpowered as fuck and the only consistent hitreg weapon in game right now and the best problem solver against the Anarki and Nyx cancer, featuring Sorlag.
>>
Reminder that we should have gotten a proper Quake 1 SP remake, it's just as deserving as Wolfenstein and Doom, but instead we got a DoA meme shooter
>>
>>389067049
>People like quake because it's hard, high skill ceiling.
No they don't. No one plays Quake now and back when they did, it was because Quake was a fucking videogame that kids and teenagers played for fun. Even if anyone did give a shit about Quake for its super high esports potential, which they don't, then that's still not a reason to avoid Quake Live/Champions, because both of those games have roughly the same skill ceiling as Quake 3. You're mentally retarded and nothing you claim to care about actually matters even to you. There's a 99% chance you've played more hours of Overwatch than Quake in the past year.
>>
Why doesn't everyone just boycott new releases of multiplayer games until they go F2P? Why hasn't the general population tried to outjew the jew?
>>
>>389067781
Rocket launcher is a noob crutch with a tiny optimal range.
Any player worth shit will be able to counter a rocket spammer with a lightning gun or rail gun just by standing 30 feet away.
There's no point to change these games into weapon juggling messes of shit because everything works to some extent at every range, there's no massive damage falloff.
>>
>>389067556
>loved back then because there was nothing else
More like they're not loved now because all the arena wannabes don't have the modding potential of Quake 3 and UT
>>
>>389067986
>There's a 99% chance you've played more hours of Overwatch than Quake in the past year.
I've played zero hours of overwatch, total.
Stop making asinine assumptions to peddle your shit arguments.
>>
>>389067567
I'm thinking about buying it because a buddy plays it, but need to play qc more to git gud
>>
>>389068030
It looked fun and I wanted to play it now

it was worth it
>>
>>389068167
Statistically this is pretty unlikely. Most devoted fps fans have played at least some Overwatch, whereas Quake is a game they revere religiously but do not play. (Because it is bad and completely fails at its original purpose of being a fun shooter game for teenagers to play with their friends).
>>
>>389065172
quake live wasn't a remake
quake live's inception was not funded by a publisher
quake live was yet another carmack project where he wanted to see quake run in a browser
quake ran in a browser
then they added some mods
then they sold it
then they decoupled it from the browser because that was a stupid idea
>>
File: 1504144167838.jpg (27KB, 369x365px) Image search: [Google]
1504144167838.jpg
27KB, 369x365px
>>389068072
>Rocket launcher is a noob crutch with a tiny optimal range.
>Any player worth shit will be able to counter a rocket spammer with a lightning gun or rail gun just by standing 30 feet away.
Exactly, RL isn't overpowered at all but it's the only one to do rocket jumps, the fundamental movement of Quake, right?

So everyone wants the RL in Q3A, and camps it, and cycles around the map and grabs all the weapons too, and dominates against MG players left behind the snowball, and now they're quitting the game, and never come back and the game is dead.

So they gave loadouts and balanced the weapons. That's a good thing to do. Purists, however, are tiny but vocal. May not be the game meta they remember but itwasn't bad either and needed to be changed around.

My theory of why QL failed? Q3A wasn't really good to begin with and smells rancid now, and whatever was polished it was pushed back by the freemium shitty model and no gore. Gore was important here too: It just doesn't feel the same, or anything at all, to land a hit and have nothing squashed. That's the real deal, the whole truth. The addictive rewarding stuff isn't there anymore.
>>
The truth is arena shooters fucking suck and aren't fun to play anymore
>>
>>389068648
Dealing with ults and killstreaks is so much more enjoyable
>>
>>389067567
Me too, QC is actually really fun
PUBG isn't really THAT good, it's okay-ish for what it is.

Maybe you like it for what it is, though.
>>
File: 1502501310278.jpg (53KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502501310278.jpg
53KB, 900x900px
>>389056343
>judging it based on Early Access
>ignoring the fact the F2P model doesn't go live until Q1 2018
>ignoring the fact free model is exclusive to Bethesda launcher until Q1 2018 and doesn't count towards Steam stats
>>
People who really want to play quake will just play older quake games

arena shooters are pretty much dead too, I don't know how many failed attempts it'll take before devs realize this and give up on it

arena shooters had mass appeal 20 years ago when shooters were new, they're not anymore
>>
>>389056707
>It's because nobody wants a class based Quake game
How do you manage to fuck up this bad in your first sentence
>>
It costs 30 bucks to get access to it
Also the netcode is atrocious
>>
>>389068886
dota had millions of devoted fans and a popular esports scene when it ran in the custom map browser of an unrelated $20 game. It was picked up by a major publisher because its success was predetermined and guaranteed. Quake has no fans, no audience, yet was somehow STILL picked up for a remake by a major publisher, which served only to prove AGAIN that it's a low-tier fail game that could never succeed in any possible universe with any amount of advertising or support.

>>389069031
Objectively yes.
>>
>>389057456
If you've ever played the game (you have not), you would know you can't buy that Doomguy skin with money.
>>
>>389069442
>yet was somehow STILL picked up for a remake
there hasn't been a quake remake yet
>>
>>389069886
>there hasn't been a dota remake yet
Oh wait, of course there has. It's nice to know what words mean.
>>
>>389069985
prey is a sequel to prey because it shares the name
>>
>>389070056
Quake Live is a remake of Quake 3 because it's precisely the same game in every aspect

Quake Champions is an extremely faithful sequel.
>>
>>389070249
quake live is a port, it reuses assets
quake champions is a spinoff with some sort of hybrid class based with weapon pickups rather than arena gametype from quake 1, 2, 3, and 4
>>
>>389064787
But somehow the BFG is justified
>>
I didn't even know this game was out yet
>>
>>389069303
not him but you obviously don't understand his point, what they made was not team fortress you fucking moron
>>
>>389070436
Quake champions is the exact same arena gameplay as quake 3. It's far too similar actually, showing that they incorrectly listened to Quake 3 """fans""" (religious devotees) and let themselves be convinced that Quake 3 is a good game.
>>
File: 1503778848826.png (589KB, 690x653px) Image search: [Google]
1503778848826.png
589KB, 690x653px
You're all a bunch of fucking idiots. It doesn't count non steam players.
>>
>>389070845
B-B-B-BUT I WANT IT TO FAIL
>>
Idk it's pretty fun

They need to fix the netcode though but they won't
>>
>>389072091
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/90348/ask-us-anything-answers-9-1
>>
File: tumblr_ngp1fdpcwT1u4cooyo1_500.jpg (84KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngp1fdpcwT1u4cooyo1_500.jpg
84KB, 500x669px
>>389072293

Huh okay cool

Now all it needs is some open beta stress testing
>>
>>389067567
You're gonna be real disappointed if you go from QC to a slow ass game like PUBG
>>
>>389070778
it's not "arena gameplay", it's class based with pickups gameplay

in arena gameplay, everyone spawns the same, with minimal equipment
in rocket arena gameplay, everyone spawns the same, with maximal equipment
in class based with pickups, everyone spawns different, with minimal equipment
in class based with loadouts, everyone spawns different, with maximal equipment

get your subgenres right, greenhorn
>>
>>389056343
old quake fans either only want to play quake 3 still or maybe live
the others have grown out of video games, or have gone into console gaming since they dont put in as many hours a week into it
the younger crowd and the ones who didnt play arena games back then dont care about arena games, they just dont "get" what is so good about them or they feel it's and outdated genre
>>
>>389057663
>If you really want to see a dead arena shooter, look at UT.
lmao, off yourself retard. No one plays that garbage and it's not even in development.
>>
>>389069667
The way you do unlock him is ass though - the lore scroll system is fucked and RNG-based, it's just a dumb cosmetic but it's still annoying how banal they make it to get them.
>>
>>389073701
>they just dont "get" what is so good about them

It's like fast shooty bang bang game there's nothing to get
>>
>>389056343
>worse than Transgender bathroom breakers
KEK
>>
>>389056343
>Where did everything go so wrong, /v/?
When retards started counting beta numbers and players from one platform as the total playerbase. Also where are those dedicated quake fans? Because Quake Champions is currently the most played game of the series so far.
>>
Steamspy/Steamstats threads should be a ban, they're easily the worst threads on /v/.
>>
>>389065621
What the hell are you rambling about.

There isn't a single server with the thing on. It was bad when it was F2P and you need a suscription to make these servers but its fine now
>>
>>389074018
i didn't say they didnt understand what the game is about, but that they cant appreciate the simplicity of them and the fast movement and not having any objective outside of "kill them"
>>
>>389056343
I'm playing it for free with the beth launcher. I would assume the type of person who would play a Quake game would be smart enough to do the same.
>>
>>389074450
Pretty much this
>HURR skill focused game from genre any release gets hardly 1000 players is not as played as twitch/youtube streamer garbage
>TORTANIC! How will game ever recover?!

If you want huge numbers instead of people who cares about keeping great series alive just keep playing PUBG and Overwatch cancer.
>>
>>389065316
> Live is dumbed down bullshit just like champions.
Its the same damn thing at this point

> I can find more active servers in q3 than I can in quake live "dumbed down for steam-retards edition"

Lie
>>
>>389073320
>class based with pickups gameplay

I bet you're the same kind of person who calls Smash Bros a platform action game.
>>
Q3A and QL are the same thing
>>
>>389070845
Not only this, but also the game was supposed from the beggining to be F2P and it's clearly designed around that, once it's released that's when it's expected to have better numbers. Right now it's only for the few people that chose to buy the Champions pack to support the game, i'm surprised it had so many people willing to buy the whole thing before the game is released out of EA and goes F2P to be honest.
>>
>>389075279
ok
>>
the reality is any multiplayer shooter that has less than 100k is a dead game
>>
>>389056707
p much this. they tried to adapt and just lol
>>
>>389075679
Lol
>>
>>389075679
>Matches get filled with 8 people at much
>Somehow the game having over 1k players isn't enough

Listen retard, games like quake are made for people who know what they are getting into and care about the genre, if you want to play your twitch, streamer random shitfest people get into just to have something to play and talk about instead, be my guest.
>>
>>389056707
>how popular Overwatch was

crofl....

Yeah a game that's constantly lower on twitch than LOL, dota2 and PUBG and regularly gets beaten out by flavor of the month single player games is popular. Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>389076120

the truth does hurt, doesn't it

t. proud owner of brink, titanfall 2, red orchestra 2
>>
>>389076569
Arena shooters were never that widely played to begin with. I'm happy just the champions pack has over 1k players.
>>
>>389056343
>people bought the steam version when a f2p version is still active

I get games in seconds. Matchmaking is faster than OW.
>>
>>389063205
>classic mode has grappling hooks

Q3 shitters would be devestated
>>
I think it's fun as fuck, especially playing Doom Slayer

How many players are on the Bethesda Launcher(which is cancer ) since its free there? I dont have problems finding games
>>
>>389063362
Carmack wasn't any sort of specialist in netcode. Please stop talking about things you don't understand.
>>
File: 1504214071006.jpg (177KB, 694x785px) Image search: [Google]
1504214071006.jpg
177KB, 694x785px
>>389074928
it's the same thing with Crowbcat faggots infesting the board. they want to desperately be a part of some big disaster event like Tortanic so fucking bad. it really is pathetic.
>>
>>389078731
>Matchmaking
>>
>>389079765

Strange, though, these are pretty low profile games compared to others. I mean star citizen is like a slow motion train accident that's happening as we're talking about it.
>>
>>389079765
>being this upset Crowbcat memed on a game you like
>>
Let me preface this post with this: I have never played any Quake game

In the old Quake games, did quad damage last so goddamn long? I keep seeing these webms of people absolutely btfoing people with quad damage on, but the powerup lasts long as hell
Is the challenge in getting to the powerup before anyone else? Because it doesn't seem very fun from a spectator's POV
>>
>>389081819
in quake3 and quake live it last for 30 seconds.
Usually if you are spectating you are watching duels and there's no power ups in duels. Or some team match but tdm the other team usually knows to focus on the powerup carrier.
Power ups in free for all was mistake.
>>
>>389080415
People need to realize that games don't need 200k+ players on launch to be successful. Any faggots that shout DOA to non-AAA niche games need to kill themselves. Quake will never catch up to PUBG or Overwatch in terms of mainstream appeal.
>>
>>389056343
hmmmmmm
maybe because
just maybe
the game hasnt actually released yet
>>
>>389081819
I don't know exactly, but yeah it last about that long. And yeah, getting it is part of the game, just like getting weapons and health items. Try to be aware of when it will spawn roughly and try to take it.

In the webms it seems very strong because its good people using it against bad players. Against decent players, they will make efforts to avoid you and launch prediction rockets and rail from afar instead.

If you play you'll see its nowhere as easy as they can make it look in these highlights, about a quarter of the time you will die as you pick it up
>>
File: 1413766986917.png (126KB, 405x297px) Image search: [Google]
1413766986917.png
126KB, 405x297px
>>389056343
>quake fanboy retards
WAAAAAAHHHHH ITS NOT QUAKE 3 BOYCOTT THIS GARBAGE WAHHHHHHHH
>casual fps player retards
WAAAAHHHH PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN ME IM GOING BACK TO OVERWATCH WAHHHHH

the answer is retards
>>
>>389056343

>Game should be f2p
>Isn't right now

OVERSATURATED F2P-ISH SHOOTER SEASON 2017

Man I just bought the new Doom for 7 bucks and that shit's tight though. I'm good without Quake Champions
>>
>>389076189

You forgot Hearthstone being more popular. Overwatch had its time and left the coop with everyone's money.
>>
File: 1503429185134.jpg (39KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
1503429185134.jpg
39KB, 400x310px
>>389082961
So if someone doesn't like the game for other obvious reasons that means they just suck at it? This has to be the worst argument of all time.

Infact I'll be waiting for your response.
>>
>>389073320
>in arena gameplay, everyone spawns the same, with minimal equipment
By this definition, Halo 1-3 are arena shooters.
>>
Do we have another badass game on our hands boys?
>>
>>389083198
Just use the Bethesda launcher and play it for free

>>389083707
There isn't any SJW bullshit in QC so hopefully not
>>
>Love Quake
>Hate multiplayer PvP since there will be nothing to do but lose to people who only play multiplayer.

This kills the anticipation for gaming this year, since most things are multiplayer-focused.
>>
>>389082480
B A D A S S

I'm glad this game is getting trashed.

NOSTALGIA FAGS BTFO
>>
>>389062795
at least I finally know why my CPU and RAM usage were at 100% while playing QC even on lowest settings
>>
I'm enjoying it a lot, they just need to fix the netcode and it'll be perfect.
>>
>>389083835
>Just use the Bethesda launcher and play it for free
Unless you got into beta before, it's not free to play right now
>>
>>389057456
I got the best skin and doomguy from about 4 days of playing.
>>
QC is the most fun I've had in a mp shooter since Tribes Ascend
Don't care what you fags or tryhards quake vets say, this game is good and the playerbase right now is good enough. It will never hit CSGO level of players but who the fuck cares as long as there are people to play with
>>
File: Hzms34f.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
Hzms34f.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>389082658
>about a quarter of the time you will die as you pick it up
Or in my case, every time
>>
>>389057456
you just need to be fast and farm those scrolls, you cant just buy doomguy
>>
>>389056343
Played it and it was shit.
>>
>>389056343
It's only free through the bethesda launcher. Which probably isn't taken into account by steamcharts. If you intend to play through steam you have to drop 30 bux.
>>
Is the F2P version of QC out yet? Is there any way to permanently unlock champions without paying a single cent? How is the only F2P dude, Ranger, compared to others? I've seen Ralpha play some bullshit invisibility girl, what the fuck I don't care if she's "balanced", please delet.
>>
>>389066742
It's never going to make the same bank that Overwatch is making.
No one ever said it was going to make the same bank that Overwatch is making.
Stop pulling lines out of your arse.
I just want fucking Quake
>>
>>389086340
you get permanent champs in lootboxes, I even got 2 in 1 box
>>
File: 1.png (59KB, 210x255px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
59KB, 210x255px
It's a bad/average f2p game bethesda jews are trying to sell for $30.
They tried a f2p model that was so fucking jewish it didn't let you buy chaampions, only rent them.
Literally chinese slave grinder mobile game tier.
It doesn't help that this game consumes 6Gvram at High and 10G vram on max settings.
>>
arena shooters never do well and the class things kinda suck back then you could figure out how much health an opponent had but now its a lot harder to do because every class has different hp and armor.
>>
>>389086232
>Played it and I was shit.
Ftfy
>>
>>389057663
>a good chunk of people who played the beta are likely playing in F2P mode now
LMAO
NO ONE is playing this shit """""""f2p"""""""".
That model was so cancerous people NOPE'd the fuck out of this game so fast.
>>
>>389082961
>WAAAAAAHHHHH ITS NOT QUAKE 3 BOYCOTT THIS GARBAGE WAHHHHHHHH

the real issue is that not only is it not Quake 3, but it isn't nu-DOOM either. it feels more like UT to me honestly.

netcode and performance are also kinda shit though they can fix those problems.

>>389083604

well yeah they technically are.
>>
File: 5b4d8cd94e2a890ex[1].jpg (203KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
5b4d8cd94e2a890ex[1].jpg
203KB, 1200x800px
>Mfw anti-quake shills can't stop QC threads from getting 200+ replies
>>
>>389082961
everyone who actually fucking plays quake has enjoyed quake champions. What you're seeing is a vocal minority on an anime image board.
>>
File: 1447988383984.png (452KB, 477x424px) Image search: [Google]
1447988383984.png
452KB, 477x424px
>>389087298
They don't know the secret of QC

It's fun
>>
most MP fun I've had since tribes ascend beta
>>
>>389086340
You can unlock champions with loot boxes which you get by levelling up and spending currency you get from playing the game.

And ranger is probably the most solid champions, meaning that order champions get balanced relative to his power level.
>>
>>389087298
Don't flatter yourself.
A 1k avg playerbase game will not pull any shills since it's pointless and no one cares.
It will pull in the people who played the "beta" that was shilled here.
>>
>>389087474
/v/ has always been the vocal minority, not the other way around.
>>
>>389087654
You know the 1K is only people that bought the champion pack on steam right? All f2p players are still using the non-steam version.
>>
>>389056343

Serious question: Is the launcher needed for the Steam version? Because if so: Fuck that, I'm good with Quake Live.
>>
>>389087879
Steam version doesn't use the Bethesda client at all.
>>
File: IMG_2186.png (574KB, 619x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2186.png
574KB, 619x797px
>balancing issues
>memory leak and optimization problems
>LG is broken and there's no reason to use anything else (except maybe the rail for long range)

Other than that, it's a solid game. I couldn't stand how slow Overwatch was so it's refreshing to get some actual good movement in an FPS.
>>
>>389062795
>Not having your CPU fan always maxed
>>
>>389087786
>All f2p players
Which is nobody.
When you start playing the game matches you with advanced players since there is no new players.
>>
File: badass.jpg (92KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
badass.jpg
92KB, 600x800px
>>389056343
BADASS
>>
>>389088104
You literally don't know what you're talking about. Neat
>>
>>389088196
Nice argument faggot.
Why don't you go play you BADASS and popular game?
>>
>>389088254
Are you 12 years old?
>>
If you go to /v/ and expect anything but shitposting you have mental issues.
>>
Why is everyone complaining about the netcode? ever since the steam release the netcode seems literally perfect to me.
>>
File: 1427743037408.png (421KB, 657x569px) Image search: [Google]
1427743037408.png
421KB, 657x569px
>>389088403
>>
The game exists in a weird niche, it's too hardcore for casuals, and the arena tryhard crowd don't like it either. The game is pretty good though, they just need to fix the damn netcode.
>>
>>389057456

>Caring about doomguy

All guests will be nerfed.
>>
>>389088493
11?
>>
>>389086745
>They tried a f2p model that was so fucking jewish it didn't let you buy chaampions, only rent them.
you can buy them all RIGHT NOW you fucking retard
>>
>>389088116
>>389088254
What are you doing?
>>
File: 9898.png (397KB, 816x522px) Image search: [Google]
9898.png
397KB, 816x522px
>>389056343
>buying the game on steam because oldfag ID shiteating fanboi and money to spend
>play a few matches
>rails not connecting
>90% of abilities trash tier
>music depressing as fuck
>had a cute teddy bear to cuddle with in one of my lootboxes
>went to verfassungsschutz Ć¼berwachtes loli and fitnessboard to vent anger
>thread already up
>mfw
>>
>tortanic and blunderborn faggots still infesting every thread about new games with their negativity
Now you see the cancer of this board, it's not reddit, it's not /pol/, it's them
>>
>>389088497
>arena tryhard crowd
/v/ is not arena tryhard crowd
>>
>>389079289
They use the same servers, but Steam stats only count people who have the license in their Steam library.
>>
>>389088714
>ID
Sure
>>
>>389088925
Every other match has someone bitching about how it isn't a carbon copy of quake 3/live. These fuckers killed their own genre wanting nothing but stagnation.
>>
>>389088670
Its just a new meme for these hero games that are spiraling down the toilet m8
>>
i'd rather they just make it q3a with better graphics. hero abilities, speed and hp differences are fucking stupid. if they put in a "classic" mode that normalizes everyone, i'll play it, but i'm not paying for this as it is.

jew me by selling cosmetic weapon skins so i can have the q3a look to all the weapons. don't sell me fucking gamble boxes you faggots. jesus christ i hate video games in the year of our lord 2017
>>
>>389056343
we are still in the moba age

nobody gives a fuck about fps anymore
>>
>>389089053
I've only ever see "gg" in chat, maybe it's an american thing to post anything other than ggs and smileys in chat?
>>
File: HoeJogan.jpg (131KB, 816x404px) Image search: [Google]
HoeJogan.jpg
131KB, 816x404px
>>389089053
>>389089086
>>
I would probably try it out but I'm already on track to buy 3 games this month so I can't afford it.

inb4 poorfag, it's called budgeting
>>
File: oygevalt.jpg (217KB, 758x880px) Image search: [Google]
oygevalt.jpg
217KB, 758x880px
>>389088665
Oyyyy veyyy
>>
>>389056343
why are you posting this every day? it's a good number considering nobody but a bunch of people plays Quake nowadays.
>>
>>389089219
>I've only ever see "gg" in chat
That and laughing about the balancing. TDMs starting 4v2. I lol and do my best
>>
>>389089297
Here
>>
>>389087298
so just like pubg?

>>389087527
yes i see
>>
can champions drop from the free currency loot crates or only the premium currency crates?
>>
>>389089297
You realise you can just buy the game?

>people complain if something is F2P because that means it must be bad
>people also complain if you can just buy the game

What's actually meant to be bad about this system?
>>
>>389089686
>you realize you can just buy an unfinished game?
>whats actually meant to be bad about this system?
:l
>>
>>389061021

>Casuals won't know this
>>
>>389089660
Yes
>>
File: 1445063850243.jpg (64KB, 501x503px) Image search: [Google]
1445063850243.jpg
64KB, 501x503px
>>389089503
>>389089686
>"f2p" doesn't allow you to buy heroes
>no you can buy them goy
>proof you can't
>well just buy my game you stupid goy kekeke
what a weak attempt
>>
>>389089660
I got 1 champion from free lootboxes, the problem is that you don't get to choose the champion so I got one that I didnt like (nyx)
>>
>>389089901
>muh joos
>>
File: 1.jpg (82KB, 787x787px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
82KB, 787x787px
>>389056343

I don't care WHAT you virgin losers think. This game is really fun.
>>
>>389089901
But you can buy them.
>>
>>389089901
But if you'd actually played the game you'd know there no point where you cant have them by renting them. The only thing that's annoying is that you have to click a few times when the period runs out
>>
>>389089783
Don't buy it, wait for when it's done and then buy it then.

To be honest the game is playable as it is, it's only missing ranked matches, bots, few balance fixes and a bit of bug fixing but it's understandable if you'd rather pay only when the game is done.

I'm only playing the game because I got a beta key for free.
>>
>>389089086
play quake live nigger or shut the fuck up
>>
>>389089686
DESU, I don't see a problem with this.

The F2P is basically one champ trial but you can unlock full game if you want to grind it.
Can buy heroes individually. I wouldn't, but you can.
Can buy the full game at a set price.
The rest of the micro-transactions are cosmetic, if you're so inclined

>>389089901
You can buy them individually if you want. That currency on the purchase button you posted has to be bought with real money
>>
>>389090256
JEW JEW JEW JEW JEW WAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY JEWS LOL
>>
>>389090256
$30 for a game that has more replayability then something like overwatch is a good deal. And I'm an adult with a job, $30 is like one bottle of everclear
>>
>>389090360
Y'know I like free shit as much as the next guy, but games have the best value dollar:entertainment hours ratio ever. Seriously. Hundreds to thousands of hours for $10-50
>>
>>389090436
Exactly
>>
>>389090360
You ok there boy
there is no need to be upset
other tahn fanboying over a dead game
>>
Wow these developers want 30ā‚¬ just to be able to unlock optional content! fucking jews right? the game should be freeware oyvey xddd
>>
>>389087062
if you played beta you could buy the game on steam, link your steam to your bethesda account, and refund it. you keep everything in the champ pack, the only drawback is you're forced to play through the shitty bethesda launcher. i did it with a few other people so people like us don't show up on steam charts
>>
>>389090198
No.

It looks like hot garbage and QC looks great. It would take zero effort to add a classic deathmatch mode with the moba shit stripped out. No reason not to add it.
>>
>>389090973
Hol up wot.
But then again that "refund" will still be in steam funbux.
>>
>>389090607
I think books have better price:entertainment ratio since for videogames not only you pay the game itself but a pc/console too plus the cost of electricity for a lot of them you also need internet, meanwhile a 30ā‚¬ book can give many hours of content with no other requirement.
>>
>>389091091
you can refund to your credit card if you used your credit card to pay
>>
>>389090772
You must feel so superior barely playing games and just shitposting with steamcharts all day
>>
>>389091087
classic is already announced but I assume it will come out when the game is done since they probably want people to playtest the champions so they can properly balance them
>>
>>389056343

that is because bethesda released CC, and their autistic Fallout drones decided to team up boycott even the non bethesda related games, even nuDOOM got hit.

also pete hines isn't helping either on twitter so...

yeah VIDYA is dead bois, we are doomed to play Overwatch and PUBG clones for the next 20 years or so, along with HS clones, Another starcraft clone season and whatever else it memes up until the Gaming industry suffers another '83 Crash
>>
>>389091170
At least i don't play it anymore.
Unlike you, who claims to play it yet he is furiously trying to defentd it instead of playing.
>>
File: 1407492758106.jpg (363KB, 520x715px) Image search: [Google]
1407492758106.jpg
363KB, 520x715px
>>389056343
>shitty designs
>too demanding visuals (let's face it, people that would play games like this don't have killer rigs)
>30$ early access
>>
>>389091167
That changes everything.
Anything else should know, I barely use steam and always bought keys instead of bying fro msteam directly.
>>
I wish I could make it look like quake 3
>>
>>389091381
runs on my 660ti at 90 fps wtf are you on about?
>>
>>389091441
nope, just remember that you only have 2 hours in game/ two weeks to refund so don't be lazy about it.
>>
>>389091356
I played it for hours today. What games do you play? It's either going to worse than QC, or even 'deader'
>>
>>389091356
>At least i don't play it anymore
this is so /v/ I wanna die
>>
File: pootis.png (45KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pootis.png
45KB, 256x256px
I feel bad for stomping all the newcomers to quake
>>
>>389091637
>runs on my 660ti at 90 fps wtf are you on about?

Anon, do you think poorfags, 3rd worlders and children play on non-shit PCs?
>>
>>389091642
Hope it works then.
Now to find some way to force higher quality textures on characters only so they don't look blurry as fuck.
Seriously who makes such a tiny game consume 10 fucking gigs or vram on max textures.
Nyx hair lookl like a 128x128 blurry 1998 texture on medium(which is the highest you can go unless you have 8Gs or vram lol)
>>
>>389091916
Runs at 120 FPS with everything on low on my 5 year old card.
>>
I love the gameplay and the strafe jumping, but the skill differences are too huge.

It's always one guy with 20 : 1 ratios absorbing the fun from everyone else. I doubt this will get better on release.
>>
>>389091882
Why would I want to play with 3rd worlders?
>>
File: SOPHISTICATED QUAKE PLAYERS.jpg (253KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
SOPHISTICATED QUAKE PLAYERS.jpg
253KB, 960x672px
>>
>>389092231
Gotta practice
>>
>>389056343
you dont have to buy it

you can still play for free through bethesda client

there is more than 1k players
>>
>>389092484
>you can still play for free through bethesda client
Only if you got into the beta
>>
>>389056343
The shooter market is just saturated right now. We have a bunch of huge games competing for the market and even more released on a near monthly basis.

A smart developer would see this and actively avoid making a shooter right now.
>>
>>389092679
If you keep telling people about that, it's going to bite you in the ass
>>
>>389092369
>Why would I want to play with 3rd worlders?

All big gaming communities have poorfags, children and 3rd worlders.
The ones that don't are like Lawbreakers, Quake Champions, etc.
>>
>>389092914
instead you have angsty 15-20 year old canadians/brits that think they're hardcore because they're playing quake
>>
>>389093060
t. 3rd worlder
>>
>tfw 0.73 K/D

I'm trying bros...
>>
>>389093408
Just play Anarki/Sorlag and run for the lightning gun. Make sure to mash that A and D key.
>>
File: 1504382230590.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504382230590.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvGADfbpxLI
>nu-/v/ is gonna miss out on this just because they want another Lawbreakers fiasco
>>
It's pretty funny the amount of redditors in this thread who have obviously never played Quake
>>
>>389093408

lowering my sens to 35cm/360 is helping
>>
>>389091836
Stop with this meme already, we already know nobody is buying into quake and clearly avoiding it.
>>
>>389064354

Is not Quake. Jesus fucking Christ. How many times does this shit get said? Nobody plays Quake thinking its Team Fortress 1 or vice versa. TF BIRTHED from Quake.
>>
>>389093851
Why are there loads of bad players in the game then?
>>
File: 1504087018199.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504087018199.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>389093656
slash is too much fun, I hope they add more champs with q4 movement
>>
>>389092831
Honestly speaking that will get more people playing than anything else.
If this was a f2p game with every champion unlocked by default i bet people would play it.
Probably an ez 5k avg playernumbers with easy to do incline
>>
>>389093656
>fight alcoholism
this video is bretty gud
>>
>>389093656
Just started but Slash is my favorite by far.
>>
>>389094147
Until everyone doing it gets their account wiped or b&
>>
>>389094756
If bethesda is retarded enough to do that.
Which they are so i guess there is no hope.
>>
>>389095040
mate i refunded on release and still have everything, i doubt they'll ever find a way to punish refunders
>>
>>389056343
It's not the games IT'S PC AS A PLATFORM THAT'S LIMITED
Games can't sell well on PC because what happen is, a few games sell an insane amount and the rest sell kinda good or not at all
Look at WOW, look at LOL, DOTA2, CS:GO and now PUBG
PC gamers hoard a few select games and let the others rot, that's pretty much it
>>
>>389092914

So using this logic, a game is doomed to fail if it doesn't have 3rd worlders and poorfags...

I guess Warframe is too elitist/hard for poorfags? I haven't run into any BR's or anything horrible, in terms of the f2p experience.
>>
>>389096042
Most of Warframe's content doesn't require that much communication and teamwork desu.
>Warframe
>hard
Sure, a very hard grind.
>>
>>389093656

I'll approach this with caution to try and not upset the MLG folks in this thread.

>This looks like fun
>Only if you're coherent in Quake / movement in FPS games that allow such movement
>Otherwise, it'll be an act in stress and being BTFO repeatedly.
>You have to win to get loot / unlocks more quickly don't you? So losing games aren't worth playing, are they?

I think that's a fair claim minus the last one
>>
>Whole game is just rushed to lightning gun and bad spawns that put you right in the path of incoming opponent

No thanks.
>>
>>389096452
Why do people hate the idea of having to improve at something rather than just getting instant gratification?
>>
>>389096452
>Otherwise, it'll be an act in stress and being BTFO repeatedly.
People only need to get good; that was what they did back then.
>>
File: 1503688000441.jpg (150KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503688000441.jpg
150KB, 600x360px
>>389096452
I'd say you just have to not be afraid to jump, other games punish you for jumping, Quake embraces it.
The XP rewards of winners/losers barely differ, the important ones - daily challenges and rune challenges are the hard ones, like get X impressives/humiliations and shit.

I was an absolute retard with rail 2 weeks ago and now I'm getting a fair share of rail kills. It's all practice.
>>
>>389096793
>>389096882
why would anyone want to get good at qc? in 6 months the game will be dead, everyone without some stake in qc will go back to their favorite quake again, and everyone else will move on to what they find funn
>>
Because everyone who wants an arena shooter instantly shit on anything that isn't quake 3 and utfags are just nostalgia babies. Arena shooters are fucking dead.
>>
>>389097189
The skills are transferable to other arena shooters though
>>
>>389097298
the only people that are going to go back to arena shooters are the people that came from arena shooters
>>
>>389097441

This shit right here.
>>
>>389097441
It's also 90s revival
>>
File: 1504217911531.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504217911531.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>389097189
I like playing video games and getting good at them.
>>
>>389096793

Generally speaking, games don't have matchmaking good enough for players to improve. Games are either 'brutally unfair' or 'appeasing the idiots' these days. There's no improvement if you're totally new to the game, and put into a match with Fata1ity and he's not on your team, you might as well quit with how bad you're going to get fucked. You SHOULD be playing against people better than you, but only gradually so, versus "900 wins 1 loss and I'm going to lose without failure versus that."

As for appeasing the idiots, that's the whole, lose 500 matches in a row, get put up against some shitter when the game's algorithm counts how many times you mouse over the 'quit game' button in a match prior,
and gives you enough feel good wins that you don't have to try or learn for, to keep you playing. At least, in a f2p environment.
>>
>>389097716
go play ql then, you'll git guder and in 6 months it'll have a higher player base. hell play cpma and git gudest if you don't care about player base
>>
>>389097189
>in 6 months the game will be dead
HIGHLY unlikely considering that's around the time it goes F2P
>>
File: 1487453436259.png (112KB, 751x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487453436259.png
112KB, 751x595px
>>389097827
I like QC more.
>>
>>389097679

>90's Revival
>Quake Champions(?)
>Sonic Mania
>20XX
>Crash N-Trilogy Blah Blah Blah

Dear god you're right. And it all sucks but 20XX
>>
>>389097872
"Ahem"

BADASS
>>
>>389098476
the game hasn't released yet, it's going f2p when it does, not dying then going f2p a year later like blunderborn
>>
arena shooters are dead for a good reason just like those collecathon platformers
>>
>>389098565
you want to put some money on it?
>>
>>389098709
that's literally no secret that it's going to be f2p, get educated nigger
>>
>>389069007

I enjoy them when I play them.
>>
>>389098943
no you stupid fuck, i'm saying that ill bet you 5 dollars right now that it'll be dead as shit within a week of f2p release
>>
File: 1456166955346.jpg (167KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1456166955346.jpg
167KB, 690x460px
>>389056343
Because nobody asked for a new quake game
>>
>>389099074
Let's make it $30 ;)
>>
>>389098943
Their f2p model already failed with the beta.
Unless it's a new system going f2p won't change anything for more than a week
>>
>>389099331
that's fine with me, post steam and we'll work out a concrete definition of dead
>>
>>389089901
You can play it for free and rent for 24 hours using easily earned ingame currency. Your free starting character is Ranger who is very good.
You can buy individual permanent characters for money.
You can buy the entire game (current and future characters) for a single $30 price like Quake 3 Arena.
They literally covered every base.
>>
>>389099445
>Their f2p model already failed with the beta
f2p model wasn't even in the beta, everyone had everything unlocked
>>
>>389056343
>Where did everything go so wrong, /v/?
By charging money for an unfinished bug ridden game
>>
>>389099801
Stop playing games nigger i'm talking about their f2p model that is (((renting))) chatracters, people are disgusted by that and it makes them drop the damn game.
If their upcoming f2p mode is going to be like this it won't change anything. This is a catastrophic failure at gamedesign and unerstanding the market. Though it's bethesda, the faggots pushing paid fucking mods so i'm not surprised in the slightest.
>>
>>389056343
Because arena shooters aren't that good.
It's a game that heavily depends on insanely high reflexes so it only works with young people.

And guess what? Those young people are playing other games that are more fun and not as stressful as something like quake.
>>
>>389099809
Yet Nier gets a free pass
>>
>>389100095
>Their f2p model already failed with the beta
>f2p model wasn't even active in the beta

well maybe stop fucking lying you little piece of shit
>>
>>389099809
Like PUBG?
>>
>>389098709
>>389098476

Where are the players for this game going to go exactly?

Steamchart shitposters like you are the worst. Just a vague implication that the game would be 'better' somehow if it was padded with 10k children and Brazilians, which of course you can't actually back up at all
>>
>>389100552
to a game that's fun, if you really think it'll be more than dead put some money up faggot
>>
File: nin nuquek.jpg (70KB, 642x336px) Image search: [Google]
nin nuquek.jpg
70KB, 642x336px
>>389100719
I've already did, 30 bux ;^)
and I'm having all the fun
>>
>>389100719
I've seen shitposts like this before. Just retard yelling 'dead dead dead'. Refuses to give any argument as to what dead actually means

You're generally people who can't give any actual argument as to why a game is bad on any mechanical level so you just fall back on shitting out steamcharts crap anywhere
>>
>>389100839
>not actually Ns

lame.
>>
>>389100848
put up or shut up m80
>>
>>389100964
>refuses to give a definition of dead for the 756th time

Ok..
>>
File: 1502604331767.jpg (36KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
1502604331767.jpg
36KB, 480x476px
>>389100881
former NIN member is doing the OST though, I guess Trent doesn't even have time while doing his EPs right now
>>
>>389101063
>>389099479
>>
>>389101070
>former NIN member

that's not relevant in any way to NIN. "nin members" play instruments live, they do not write *any* of the music
>>
>>389085458
who the fuck didn't get into the beta

they literally sent me 10 extra keys

if you didn't get in the beta you have 0 friends
>>
hmm
>>
>>389101145
Why on earth would you need somebody's steam in order to plainly say what you consider dead, or what your estimate of the playerbase is?
>>
File: 1486519149473.jpg (49KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1486519149473.jpg
49KB, 499x499px
someone post lawbreakers player numbers
>>
>>389101336
i need your steam to collect my money
>>
>people arguing that a newly launched multiplayer shooter with 1000 players isn't dead
>meanwhile, pubg isn't even being patched and is about to hit 1 million concurrent users

give it a rest. shit's dead.

>call it quake
>no mapping
>no modding
>no server running
>differing hitboxes
>hero talents
>3 different currencies
>buying heroes

Not. Quake. Deservedly dead.
>>
>>389056343
its not quake?
look, how hard is it to make a game that was made 20 years ago??
>>
>>389056707
Yea everyone wants another Quake, thats why all attempts have no players and Champions is the most popular arena shooter on the market right now. Hurr durrrrr
>>
>>389101469
You have no idea what Quake is, so why bother posting?
>>
>>389056343
Arena shooters are dead. Normies want to play battle royale crap.
>>
File: 1502901278001.jpg (112KB, 455x680px) Image search: [Google]
1502901278001.jpg
112KB, 455x680px
>>389101469
https://twitter.com/Quake/status/903788608540299264
>>
>>389056343
I'm having some fun with it, at least. Kinda reminds me of the good old days (if you try real hard to forget the FUCKING MATCHMAKING)

Seriously, what the fuck are they thinking, making QC a matchmaking type game? Jesus christ.

Anyway, video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1IKvldmgvM
>>
>>389101452
>I am somehow unable to post my estimate of what I believe the playerbase will be at X time so people can see if they want to bet on that or not
>this is something that needs to be privately '''''worked out'''''

So you're just trying to waste people's time a bit
>>
>>389099139
Because nobody asked for another ARENA game.

A game tying Quake 1 and 2 together? Yes please.
>>
>>389101225
he definitely picked up some shit from Q1 OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhRL-R-TSc
>>
>>389101758
my post wasn't an argument

I know totalbiscuit might impress you, or to you he might seem like someone that knows games, but totalbiscuit doesn't know or understand the gaming industry better than me

once again, not an invitation to "discuss" this, there is nothing to discuss, I told you how it is
>>
>>389056343
this is obvious they tried to steal a bit of that overwatch playerbase so they made a hybrid shit but the game doesnt appeal to the normie retards and much less for me

they can go fuck themselves
>>
File: 1497992211691.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497992211691.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>389102021
TB as much of a cunt he is, is right on this, that's all.

>>389101794
see
>>389101758
>>
>>389101976
So he just aped it basically.
>>
>>389101835
i either get to make easy money when qc dies, or i get to keep shitting up a qc thread deterring new players from trying it. it's win win for me mate, put your money where your mouth is m80 or keep asking for my opinion of dead, doesn't matter
>>
ut when
>>
>>389102165
>or i get to keep shitting up a qc thread deterring new players from trying it

Oh you're just a shitposter. nvm. You should try actually playing games.
>>
>>389102121
wouldn't agree 2bh, more like mixed it with "modern" electronic OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFaxcjP3VXo
>>
>>389102304
there's nothing "more modern" about this it just feels roundly like an aping of NIN style
>>
File: 1493077015078.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493077015078.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
Games with high skill ceiling will not succeed.
Low skill ceiling games rule:
Overwatch
MOBA
PUBG
Battlefield
WoW and FFXIV

High skill ceiling and large playerbases don't mix.
>>
>>389102296
>won't put money on his opinions
your confidence in the game is amazing anon, don't let anyone take that away from you
>>
File: antipleb.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
antipleb.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
I'm having fun with it without needing to pay $30 for the pay2win champs. Game and netcode is slowly improving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER-pZyoi9Ps
>>
I never exactly woke up and thought "Hey I would totally love a new quake".

If they basically gave quake the DOOM treatment with a great single player and a great multiplayer to keep people coming back I could see people into it.

I don't really wanna pay that much for a multiplayer only game. Anyone who spent that much for any game that style even the great fabled overwatch is missing a few screws.
>>
>>389102501
>DOOM
>great multiplayer

You're missing a few screws
>>
>>389056343
Because turning quake (old school shooter) into another entry of the hero shooter fad is just painful.
old playerbase wont touch it
new players will just play better hero shooters.

0 appeal.
>>
>>389102460
>give your details to a shitposter

lol

I mean there are only two options here to explain your hateboner really aren't there.

1. You play games that are much more casual and have an inferiority complex about Quake Champions

2. You're a Quakedad who spends all day screaming about how QC is 'dead' while your own game has like 300 players
>>
File: 1502534599527.png (91KB, 305x253px) Image search: [Google]
1502534599527.png
91KB, 305x253px
>>389102460
I did pay 30 eurobux for a full game, so there
>>
>>389102696
oh cool you have no convictions and you're a redditor. color me shocked
>>
>>389056707
Strange how this post is accurate and objective yet is being bashed by litteral retard tier posts.

Its current playerbase is doing the same numbers evolve stage 2 did ... watch that decline, it will get steep from here.
>>
>>389102758
Feels good man
>>
>>389102794
ah so Quakedad then? Do you not have any shame going for the whole 'dead' angle then?
>>
>>389102638
Okay so great multiplayer was a stretch. It was made by the folks who contributed to the worst halo multiplayer but the singleplayer was great. It was as deep as a mud puddle but the single player felt great to me.
>>
File: header.jpg (93KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
93KB, 460x215px
>>389056707
>>389101601
I like to think Quake died when they tried to monotize the crap out of pic related. I fucking loved the early months, but of course they had to go and fuck it up.
>>
>>389102894
i don't see a steamlink in that post so i'm going to assume you haven't posted it, put money up faggot
>>
>>389102853
Except Quake Champions is good and is having quite good retention.

Evolve is literally just throw tens of millions in marketing behind something that's not good
>>
File: choo choo.jpg (319KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
choo choo.jpg
319KB, 1680x1050px
>>389102858
You know it
>>
>>389102120
I don't play many multiplayer games anymore; they're all the fucking same. Battlefield stopped progressing at BC2, COD is worthless, basically consoles ruined shooters and the genre is rotting. I expected nothing from QC, but it gave me a lot more fun than, say, Overwatch or any other faggot horseshit like that
>>
>>389102021
Your post was Not An Argument because it was pure irrational sentiment. Saying "the sequel to X has a feature I don't like, so it's NOT A SEQUEL TO X!" is just a noise, like a baby crying. Not an argument at all.
>>
>>389102696
Thats some top tier redditing right there... holy fuck
>people don't like [subject]
>assume they are haters
>proceed to babby talk

I think in the future not liking something will be illegal.
>>
>>389103051
You've actually reminded me that QC is a PC exclusive, which is a fucking blessing nowadays. Completely agree.
>>
>>389103018
The decline anon ... watch out for that decline ...
>>
>>389103138
i'm thinking it's a shill, most people would either post a steam or stop responding way before this point
>>
>>389056661
This.

Literally every other Quake is better to play than current QC because the netcode is fucked.
>>
>>389102941
And some people want a good MP game because SP will never have intelligent AI. DOOM you paid for an okay, but repetitive SP campaign and a shitty MP mode that took 30 minutes to find a game 2 weeks after launch.

Quake Champions you're paying $30 for a pretty good MP game that has a pretty active community 24/7 since beta and you can always try the f2p version at any time if you use the Bethesda launcher.

>>389102647
Majority of the active Q3 players are already on QC
>>
>>389102998
>go to an imageboard that is based on anonymity
>try and frame an argument in a way where you 'win' if people don't dox themselves by giving you their steam

autism
>>
Will quake champions have a seer browser?
>>
>>389103383
>most people would either post a steam
nigger are you from some alternate universe?
>>
>>389103412
damn still no link, hope your confidence in the game isn't waning
>>
>>389103468
Server
>>
>>389103468
https://twitter.com/Quake/status/903788608540299264
>>
>>389062751
This image illustrates what happens when multiple anonymous posts on 4chan are taken as if coming from the same person.

Is it true that a comet will near miss earth? how can we change this? i want apocalypse right now.

if 7 earth gets hit.
>>
>>389103617
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
>>
>>389103514
>or stop responding
instead he keeps trying to redirect the conversation into something that could be mistaken for constructive
>>
File: 1478658414451.jpg (108KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
1478658414451.jpg
108KB, 782x782px
>>389103617
WTF IT IS ACTUALlY 7
>>
>>389103617
screenshot this
>>
>>389103608
cool
might actually be worth playing then
fuck matchmaking garbage
cancer that killed online FPS.
>>
>>389103705
again
>most people would either post a steam
you're living in a fucking fantasy dude, fuck off
>>
>>389103138
>>389103383
lmao I'm just sick of slimy shitposters who just have autismal hateboners for random things they latch onto.

Go on, if I want to play a better arena shooter right now what should I play instead of QC? If you had a good argument, then I would switch. But you can't tell me one can you? Because at this point it would totally undercut your entire playerbase argument.
And the chances are you don't actually play games. There's no other game out there for you to defend and explain why it's better than QC. Because you only come on here to shit on things
>>
>>389102376
>he thinks pubg is a low skill ceiling game

r o f l
>>
>>389103608

I honestly think they really do want to make this bretty gud
>>
>>389103784
i've seen several people post their steams on /v/ before

>>389103793
tldr post steam for a bet
>>
>>389103028
>that tiny enclosed hallway you're standing in

wow, that belongs in a quake game
>>
>>389103934
>being so asspained and BTFO that you have to pretend you didn't read something

Post your steam. Lets see what games you play
>>
>>389104031
still don't see a steam link
>>
>>389103950
it does? it's just a ramp to mega, not a hallway
>>
>>389088069
LG is currently balanced by shit netcode.

If the netcode was good, the LG rape would be infinite.
>>
I haven't payed for the game and already unlocked every female, but a just rent BJ or Doom SLAYer everytime I play.
>>
>>389103793
>you must goble corporate cock and be thankful or else you have a hateboner for [product]
Too infantile way to dismiss legit criticism, i feel like you want to sell me something.

Quake champions is yet another entry of the hero shooter fad that will get forgotten less than a year from here.
>>
File: awo_vs_7_map1.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
awo_vs_7_map1.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>389104031
>THE GAME ISN'T DEAD
>SEE, YOU PLAY THESE GAMES I DEEM BAD, THAT'S PROOF IT ISN'T DEAD

dead game. "quake" with 3 currencies LOL

heres quake
>>
>newbie goes 0-30
>uninstalls

What exactly is going to change this?
>>
>>389104270
>newbie can't find a game in 30 mins
>uninstalls
fixed
>>
File: 1494597101556.jpg (70KB, 505x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494597101556.jpg
70KB, 505x490px
>>389103617
IF 5 EARTH GETS SAVED
>>
>>389104270
nothing
releasing the game to the public without any balancing system for newbies is a huge mistake, and one that arena FPS devs make repeatedly
new players just uninstall the game after being raped everytime they join a match.
>>
>>389104231
oh shit the entire population of q3 on one screen
>>
>>389104270
Matchmaking putting new people together.
Bot matches.
Training maps.
But no one but oldfag autists play this so i guess the matchmaker can't be fixed.
>>
>>389104270
Nothing. Hope someone calls 'em a pussy on the way out
>>
>>389104230
please buy this f2p game so I can rape you
>>
>>389104231
I don't recall Quake looking like this
>>
>>389104389
this file is from 2002 kiddo.
>>
>>389104231
That hurts my eyes so much
>>
>>389069303
Pro-tip: Team Fortress and Quake had different fanbases.
>>
>>389104270
>What exactly is going to change this?

well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WLvqz0e7s

tard friendly hitboxes
NOW YOU CAN WIN TOO BUDDY
>>
>>389104479
exactly
>>
>>389104498
png didn't exist back in them days
>>
>>389104389
>mocking the population of another game in a qc thread
foresight isn't your strong suit huh
>>
>>389056707
This.
>>
>>389104424
So it'll have about 50 people playing it on release within a few weeks. Gotcha.
>>
>>389104103
>>389104230
>>389104231
>miserable 35 year old anti-shills post charts to yell at people to stop having fun in a game

I love how you can go to the arena shooter general in /vg/ and notice that it gets less shitted up as you people find a thread on /v/ to move to instead
>>
File: out.jpg (32KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
32KB, 500x376px
>>389103617
If 9 the comet misses and your first born becomes gay
>>
>>389104571
qc being the most populated quake game right now while not even released? really made me think
>>
>>389104637
damn, you still haven't posted steam. you're not very good at reading are you. nut up nigga
>>
>>389087930

Nice. I'll get it when they put it on sale in the Fall for like $15-20, hopefully.
>>
>>389104536
Same thing in Quake.
>>
>>389104637
I don't care at all if you have fun with the game. I'm not here telling anyone not to have fun

I am telling you that the game is dead however because it factually is. Too bad you never got to play a real quake, you would've loved it
>>
>>389104598
Not everyone gives up like you
>>
>>389104686
maybe give the old noggin a break and look up what foresight means
>>
>>389104736
where's your steam though, most people would post a steam after all
>>
>>389103617
If 2 then earth does not get hit and i can live my life out as a neet
>>
>>389091087
> It looks like hot garbage

>Damn near 17 year old title
>Looks like garbage

Know how I know you never played Q3A back in the day?
>>
>>389104637
>I love how you can go to the arena shooter general in /vg/ and notice that it gets less shitted up as you people find a thread on /v/ to move to instead

Thats because /vg/ is for people who already made the decision of consuming the product, /v/ is the place where we keep looking.
>>
>>389104736
>go to an imageboard that is based on anonymity
>try and frame an argument in a way where you 'win' if people don't dox themselves by giving you their steam

This isn't reddit my friend
>>
>>389104852
damn dude, maybe i need to help you. go to google and type in "steam community", in the upper right corner click log in, sign in, now in the upper right corner it'll have your steam name with your profile pic, click the pic and paste the link here. hope that helps
>>
>>389104924
>/v/ is the place where we keep looking
forever, have fun
>>
>>389104924
>/v/ is the place where we keep looking.
Seems like a lot of you just decide something is shit and then run with it without ever playing it
>>
>>389104768
Oh so what not dead game should I be playing right now if I like arena shooters?
>>
>>389103617
IF 7 it hits but only you die.
>>
>>389104934
>>389105031
>>
>>389105031
no, I want yours, we were gonna make a bet didn't we? you chicken nigga?
>>
>>389104768
>I am telling you that the game is dead however because it factually is.
But I've been playing all night, finding matches (with different people) in <30 seconds?

What is the definition of dead?
>>
>>389105048
Doing that is more fun the actually playing t b h
>>
>>389105125
>>389105031
>>
>>389105183
>What is the definition of dead?

This thread would have ended 200 posts ago if he actually had one
>>
>>389105223
oh you're scared you'll lose the bet, I get it
keep hating on good games my man
>>
>>389094272
>Sorlag voice lines are overlaid with Ollie the Magic Bum
>Scalebearer is the taxicab driver from Manhattan
The more you watch it, the better it gets.
>>
>>389104768
>I don't care at all if you have fun with the game.

but if the game's fun, and you can find players, who cares?
>>
>>389105221
Clearly. This thread is just a disaster of shitflinging. Meanwhile, I actually had fun all night playing QC. Fucking fun shit. I already need more maps, though
>>
>>389105328
>>389105031
>>
>>389105223
You seem to be really struggling to understand the basis that this site works on. Again, this isn't reddit, and you can't demand that somebody reveal information about themself to cover for the fact that you don't have an argument
>>
>>389105446
>>389105031
>>
File: e00rPYR.png (330KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
e00rPYR.png
330KB, 330x319px
>>389105498
>maybe I can just salvage this by going full autism
>>
>>389105365
there are other maps if you play duel

yeah, I'm scared to play duel too
>>
File: 1420404925629.jpg (49KB, 605x412px) Image search: [Google]
1420404925629.jpg
49KB, 605x412px
>>389105660
Hahaha. I totally am
>>
all these (you)s and not a single steam link, i wish someone with some conviction was in this thread
>>
>>389105764
clearly not (you), chicken nigger
>>
File: 25825590080-offset-17390.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
25825590080-offset-17390.webm
3MB, 852x480px
sorlag is a bit too OP
>>
Jesus christ the quake community is a fucking mess.
Now i understand why all of those arenashooters fail miserably.
>>
>>389105764
You have never at any point explained why you need someone's steam link, so obviously no one is going to give it to a scammer
>>
>>389106031
>>389101452
>>
>>389056343
saturated memeket
>>
Why is it so fun to see all the normie AAA games fail? feels so fucking good.
>>
>>389105350
youre mistaken

i dont care. but when im scrolling the front page of /v/ and i see some guy trying to say a dead game is not dead, im going to come say something

this isnt a place where fancy and self delusion can be allowed to take hold above reality. this game is barely more alive than lawbreakers. they ruined it with their bad designs so it's dead, the end
>>
>>389106074
can't collect any money on a lost bet, I need your steam for a bet I'll win though
>>
>>389106074
Money for what? People generally say what the bet is first
>>
>>389106192
>quake
>normie
uh
>>
>>389106208
it's not dead though, are you blind or retarded
>>
>>389106319
read the thread retard
>>
>>389106192
Because you have an empty life where something TORtanic like is the only thing that gives drama or a sense of 'happening'
>>
>>389106401
tl;dr lol
>>
File: gold finger.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
gold finger.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>ask what 'alive' arena shooter I should be playing instead of Quake Champions
>no replies
>>
>>389106413
when a new game comes out that's more fun to shitpost about than play why pass up the opportunity, ya know?
>>389106482
ya got me
>>389106543
if you're too stupid to find one yourself you're too stupid to play afps
>>
>>389106543
STOP PLAYING GAMES
FUCK
we don't play video games on /v/ XD
>>
>>389106686
>>
File: BATTLEBREAKERS.png (202KB, 777x702px) Image search: [Google]
BATTLEBREAKERS.png
202KB, 777x702px
>>389101447
Quake is next
>>
>>389106836
/v/'s wet dream
won't happen though, it's a solid game already
>>
>>389106968
>you thought a rail shot where it took your body 300ms to receive the "click button" signal from your brain was worth webming
>>
File: emote suggestion.png (289KB, 1166x334px) Image search: [Google]
emote suggestion.png
289KB, 1166x334px
Open footwear and pedicure options for female human champions when?
>>
File: lolNoDamageMidair.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
lolNoDamageMidair.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>389106968
>>
>>389107162
>doesn't even notice it's a spectated match in his rage
calm down, kid
>>
Isn't it going to be f2p on launch?
>>
nobody fucking likes arena shooters
nobody fucking liked arena shooters even when they were 'popular', they were just riding on the success of previous id games
their very small fanbase just likes to pretend they're way more popular than they are
>>
>>389107240
getting fixed
>>
>>389107240
>>
>>389107369
>saber interactive
>bethesda
>fixing anything
damn dude, you want to put some money on that?
>>
>>389107317
>their very small fanbase just likes to pretend they're way more popular than they are
That's what people also said about the alt-right and neo-nazism but here we are, currently in the claws once again of fascistic oppression.
>>
>>389107484
I did, I bought the game, even got my money's worth already
>>
>have netcode and hit registration issues
>quake 3, 1999, did not have same issues at launch

DOA, not quake.
>>
>>389107587
i bought it too, i refunded it and now i play for free just so i can shit on it knowledgeably
>>
>>389107672
why do you play a shitty doa game tho? are you some kinda cuck?
>>
>>389107484

>On the subject of rockets, which have been a sore spot for both us and our players, a couple of patches back we made two major changes: we fixed an issue that was causing extra latency when firing rockets, and we also started predicting rockets and local knockback on the client. This is something that's not been a part of Quake before, but we believe that this will make for a much better experience on a non-LAN environment, especially while rocket jumping or using projectile abilities. This surfaced some problems with animations simulating on the server differently than the client, and is what the initial cause of rockets not doing damage was. We've already addressed this by moving rocket collision over to the new static mesh system described above. What remains known now is strictly a client-side issue where the client incorrectly predicts a hit that the server will never detect as valid. This can even occur on LAN, where latency is not an issue. Once this is fixed, this should improve rockets, however due to the nature of client-side prediction, there may still be cases where it predicts wrongly. We'll continue to monitor the situation past this change, and see if any other issues surface.

Cash or cheque?
>>
>>389107805
if you kill yourself your team loses frags so they can never win, i figure if i do this while talking mad shit ill drive off a few players so i can win a couple bets
>>
>>389107897
still happens m8, they haven't fixed shit
>>
>>389107897
>due to the nature of client-side prediction
lol fucking niggers
>>
File: 1502029750890.gif (113KB, 244x248px) Image search: [Google]
1502029750890.gif
113KB, 244x248px
>>389107927
>I'm just pretending to be bad
holy shit son

>>389108028
probably because this post is about the next patch, learn to read negro
>>
>>389108028
>Posted a day ago
>>
>>389108029
wasnt a problem in 1997 in quakeworld

somehow a problem in 2017 in a game with 3 currencies

not quake, doa
>>
>>389108089
>probably because this post is about the next patch
>they haven't fixed shit
my post was about the next patch too
>>
>>389108250
oh shit we got someone from id here
who's the next champion?
>>
>>389108348
tracer
>>
>>389107897
thanks for posting this, would have missed it
>>
File: 1500898055324.jpg (872KB, 2011x1687px) Image search: [Google]
1500898055324.jpg
872KB, 2011x1687px
>The arena could always use more champions
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>389108595
don't worry anon, when it turns out they still haven't fixed it ill post a thread shitting on lil tim
>>
>>389107897
>grappling hook
YES
>>
>>389109247
Q2 grapple spam was awesome, but I'm guessing this new champ might have a pretty lame grapple on a long cooldown (like Widowmaker)
>>
>>389109671
I'd be fine with what cooldown ranger has
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.