[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats with the hooplah over denuvo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: Denuvo.png (56KB, 1288x652px) Image search: [Google]
Denuvo.png
56KB, 1288x652px
Whats with everyone getting uppity over denuvo? is it just the piratefags or does it do somthing else people dont like?
>>
>>389056243
If you have to ask, you shouldn't have started this thread and just google it
>>
yes, just piratefags
watch them flock to this thread
>>
>>389056243
It can make it very difficult to play offline.
It can also make modding difficult I believe.

Beyond that, it really doesn't do anything wrong. It doesn't effect performance so 95% of consumers realistically shouldn't, and don't care. It's only a loud vocal minority of neckbeards who get irrationally angry at the words "DRM".
It helps prevent piracy during the critical part of video game releases.
Ideally it would only be attached to a game for the first 3 months or so and then removed. It usually gets cracked after then anyways.
Unfortunately it's a necessary evil for game developers in order to protect their products from piracy.
>>
>>389056243
Piratefags obviously, and they have to also go around spreading fake news too to try and get non-pirates to hate it too.
>>
>>389056849
I'm afraid to buy any game with denuvo cuz I heard it can trash my ssd. I just don't get games that have it.
>>
>>389056243
it tanks performance and does almost nothing to stop piracy
>>
>>389056849
>It helps prevent piracy during the critical part of video game releases.
more like
>it does jack shit except pump denuvo dev's pockets full of money
>>
It's anti-consumer
>>
File: IMG_5822.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5822.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>389056243
I'm also confused about this
>Requires you to be online
>Usually online anyways
What's the issue? Seriously I'm confused
>>
>>389056243
-You need a internet connection to play.
-You have no given right to always have a internet connection.

Hence, if you EVER experienced network loss in your neighborhood, or do not pay for internet, or have you a catastrophe locally, the game you rented is gone.

This problem does not mention how denuvo is equal to a system grinder of extra machine code that runs over you IO and hardware just to keep the data protected. Extra tasks spent to justify wearing out your system 1000x of times over.
>>
>>389057437
I don't understand how this refutes what I said? People who don't pay to play the game, can not play the game until denuvo is cracked.

Meaning they have to buy the game or get over it (until it's cracked).

I'd know, I don't buy all my games, mainly only buy multiplayer games and a few singleplayers that deserve it. Otherwise I'm also a piratefag. Denuvo simply means the pirate release is 3 months after the official release date, I'm fine with that.
>>
>>389056367
>>389056872
>piratefags
>when denuvo gets cracked easily anyway
>>
>tfw can't pirate Sonic Mania because of it
Where's that day one crack you bastards? You said it would be cracked in a couple days. You said it was ineffective!
>>
>>389058084
It's anti consumer. It results in nothing but a worse experience for some users, while being a benefit to the companies that use it. Even if it doesn't affect you personally, its the principle of it that people are against. If this stuff becomes more commonplace, then the industry will be even worse than it already is.
>>
>>389057437
It took what, 5-6 months before Nier was cracked. So yea, it works during initial release.
>>
>>389058436
>you need internet to play
Odd, I have den games, all work offline.
>>
>>389059554
1.5 months, actually. The game isn't even 6 months old yet, lmao
>>
>>389059646
Congrats. It doesn't work like that for everyone tho.
>>
>>389059793
>caring about anyone but yourself
found the antifa
>>
Anti-consumer.
https://whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
>>
>>389056243
Ignorant people not knowing what Denuvo actually is and willingly just listening to the loudest voice that's saying it's DRM with everything wrong about it.
These people are completely wrong about it as well.
>>
>>389061450
Elaborate
>>
>>389061630
Denuvo is an anti-tamper software, meaning it keeps the actual DRM(Steamworks, whatever EA and Ubisoft have) behind encryption.
>>
>Piratefags actually spend more money on media
>Hurf durf let's make it harder for piratefags to pirate
>Let's also fuck up day one buyers with such a shitty drm
>>
>>389061721
ok? How does that disprove everyone's complaints about it?
>>
>>389056243
I don't normally purchase things laced with poison just because I can ask for the antidote.
>>
>>389061789
Take an anti-Denuvo site like this https://whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
Most information there is actually related to the DRM solution and not actually Denuvo itself.
>>
>>389062093
Not most, only a couple. The rest are still perfectly valid.
>>
>>389062238
Like what? The only one I'd call a legit complaint is no Linux/OS X support. All of the other points are something that's wrong with your DRM solution or the platform you're playing on.
>>
>>389056968
fairly certain that was found out to be a meme
>>
>>389062363
I'd say that ALL of them are legit complaints, except the 2nd to last and 3rd to last ones, which are just functions of the DRM, and not really Denuvo. Even if they don't affect you much or at all, the idea of companies putting anti-consumer software in their games like this sets a troubling precedent. If Denuvo becomes perfectly acceptable, who knows what the next piece of software they include will do? Not good things for the consumer, that's for sure.
>>
>>389062821
Maybe I wasn't clear enough about my rebuttal. Only the OS thing is a legit complaint against Denuvo, which hasn't and still isn't a DRM solution.
And if you knew anything about how widespread Denuvo actually was, you'd know pretty much all PS4 and Xbox One games have Denuvo on them. But funny enough, nobody loud enough has caught on this so they can't complain about that.
I have way more complaints about how plain Steamworks acts(Borderlands 2 dropping all connections until a reboot if Steam loses connection for any reason, could be fixed now but >playing Borderlands in 2017) in certain games than I have about how Denuvo acts. In fact, Denuvo itself hasn't shown itself to me a single time, but every time I want to play a big release on Steam, I have to launch Steam first to play it.
>>
>>389061787
>piratefags spend more money on media
Haha yeah sure we do
>>
>>389059554
Nier is not even on pc, so yeah, it's hard to crack. Automata on the other hand was done rather fucking quick.

Piratefags are the last to worry about denuvo now, we are in a 5-10 day territory of warking cracks. Shit is dead, but devs still buy it, because fist month sells... wait, first week sells... wait, first day sells... you get the idea.

After its cracked, piratefags can play it everywhere any time, but the true consumer still sucks the dick if they want to sometimes.
>>
>>389063754
>you'd know pretty much all PS4 and Xbox One games have Denuvo on them
I do understand this.The reason that people are targeting Denuvo instead of this is that it's new, and not yet fully accepted by the public. Also, it's a lot easier to get Denuvo to stop being used than it is to get XBox or PS4s to stop being used. It's about picking your battles.
>I have way more complaints about how plain Steamworks acts
Me too, but same reasoning above applies here. On top of that, at least steam provides a service before they shaft us with DRM. Denuvo is just a hindrance.
>>
>>389064078
How has Denuvo made any of your games made you feel like "Fuck I sure wish this game didn't have Denuvo"? If you talk about a hindrance, you could at least give some examples on it.
>>
>>389064417
>https://whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
Plenty of examples right here, but how about the fact that I can't play the game after updating, downloading, upgrading my PC, or just after a week or so unless I authenticate with their servers? Just that on it's own would be bad enough, but on top of that I can't play Denuvo games on my Linux system. Also, it resulted in very noticeably worse performance in RIME, and prevented Sonic Mania from being played offline at all. Sure, it's not as restrictive as Steam, or the Xbox and PS marketplaces, but those are here to stay, there's nothing that can be done about it. Denuvo on the other hand, can be fought.
>>
I've been asking this in every thread and no one answers straight up
>It's evil!
>Always online! (This one is true and annoying though)
>It's bad because it's not good thing to do!
>>
>>389060497
replying for awareness
>>
>>389065068
This >>389060497 gets posted in every thread. How have you managed to miss it every time?
>>
>>389064820
>prevented Sonic Mania from being played offline at all
And your proof about this being Denuvo's fault is? That's Steamworks and Sega who are behind that, not Denuvo itself.
>>
File: 1498007294413.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498007294413.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>389065552
>Ignoring the rest of the post
>>
>>389056849
Denuvo does effect performance though.
>>
>>389058886

quite the opposite, tard-o

DRM is the most consumer friendly feature imaginable, as it actually protects the companies that release the games the CONSUMEr CONSUMEs
>>
File: 1495219007092.png (270KB, 2242x962px) Image search: [Google]
1495219007092.png
270KB, 2242x962px
>>389056243
I love how literally the only discussion about Denuvo are threads asking why everyone is pissed over Denuvo.
>>
>>389066039
yes goy buy more dlc
>>
>>389065756
>ignoring my question

Also there's no proof that it's only Denuvo that is keeping you from playing offline. I haven't tested it myself if Steam actually allows you to stay offline and play games if you upgrade a motherboard without going online first. And if you aren't a complete idiot and know that Denuvo doesn't work on Linux, why even buy that game on Linux in the first place? And even if you didn't know there's still Steam refunds.
And why isn't there anything you could do about Steam, PSN or Xbox/Microsoft stores? You can simply stop using those platforms and hope the 30 million other people do the same.
>>
>>389066039
No, it doesn't, this only brings benefits to the companies, and the companies are the enemy because they don't make good videogames.
The videogame industrt deserves death more than any other.
The only fun this industry can produce is making us witness previous developers desperately searching for a new job in their local kebab shop.
>>
>another Denuvo shill thread
>2 hours
>only 50 replies
>mfw obese reddit moralcucks need to necrobump their obvious bait threads for hours because nobody bites them
Pathetic.
>>
>>389066351
yet you personally took the time to reply?
>>
>>389066436
Yes, to laugh at how desperate you are to shitpost.
Moralfaggism?
You seriously think anyone's going to bite this shit instead of outright dismissing it?
Well, have a good day, and lets see if you can get another 50 replies in the next 10 or 15 hours.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.