[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you expect it to be better or worse than Metroid: Zero Mission?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: SAMUS RETURNS.jpg (214KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
SAMUS RETURNS.jpg
214KB, 1200x800px
Do you expect it to be better or worse than Metroid: Zero Mission?
>>
probably better. i have heard the control are already the best of all 2D metroids.
>>
probably worse
>>
probably about the same
>>
>>389053282
>forced stealth section
>point of no return making your upgrades useless
>shitty ending overall

yeah, I don't know how it's possible to make it worse than ZM but there's always room for another Other M
>>
Most likely a little worse, but they'll at least probably not tack on some stealth shit at the end at least.
>>
>>389053508
>point of no return
You can return ot explore the whole map after finishing the game though.
>>
>>389053508
>>forced stealth section
The stealth section had great level design, it's quite replayable. The rest of Chozodia was lame.
>>point of no return making your upgrades useless
The last point of no return is entering Metal Ridley's boss room. You can return to the rest of Zebes from Chozodia.
>>
>>389052948
A decent amount of /v/ will shit on it regardless.
>>
File: 1504272565478.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1504272565478.gif
2MB, 294x233px
better
>>
>>389052948
nintendo's new iteration of games will be the most groundbreaking of the last decade. so i have have no doubt that it will be the most immersive FPS ever made.
>>
>>389052948
>Other M : 2D edition

Worse obviously.
>>
>>389054010
But Fusion was good.
>>
File: 1485394746343.jpg (12KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1485394746343.jpg
12KB, 320x180px
I just hope it's good and not this year's Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>389052948
It's confirmed shit so worse
>>
>>389053959
lol
>>
File: 1726_3.png (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1726_3.png
12KB, 240x160px
>>389053508
>forced stealth section
It felt out of place but I didn't mind it so much. It was extra they added to the original game so who cares. And samus was cute as fuck in her zero suit so it was alright.
>>
>>389054053
Not really, more like passable.
>>
I actually expect it to have its own shoehorned Zero Suit segment like Zero Mission because they don't want to do the exact same game as Metroid 2.
>>
Considering the dev and how well-regarded ZM is, I'm expecting it to be worse. I just hope it's good.
>>
>>389054247
She was quiet during those though. It's what matters the most.
In Other M they made her super annoying and neurotic.
>>
It will be unable to stand on its own because of constant comparisons to AM2R.
>>
>>389052948
>pre-ordered this to force me to get into the series
>start with Zero Mission
>have a fucking blast playing, beat it in two sessions
>get to Super
>hyped as fuck for apparently the best in the franchise
>cool bombastic intro
>get to the actual game
>constantly getting stuck
>have about 10 days to finish Super and lost all my energy towards it

Am I too casual for this series or was it a mistake to start with the remake of the first?
Also, it's not that it's unbeatable or super hard, but it's boner-killing to have to look up a walkthrough every fucking time.
>>
>>389053508
>point of no return
Muppet.
>>
>>389052948
The fact that it doesn't have a forced stealth section already makes it better than Zero Mission.
>>
>>389054581
Technically, you should play Samus Returns before Super.

On the subject, you'll see from tim to time people complain that ZM gave you destination point. I don't think it's doing too much as it doesn't show you the exat path, just a point on an undiscolsed map so it still require exploaration, but there are people who actually love being completely stuck and not knowing where to go and have to explore everything. Those are the one who complain about the Chozo statues in Zero Mission.
>>
I'm playing Zero Mission right now, going for a 100% item run for the first time, and I can't overstate how helpful marking points on the map will be in Samus Returns. It will make getting all items much more convenient.
>>
>>389054581
Ask /v/ for hints.
>>
>>389054581
Too casual for REAL Metroid experience (feeling alone in a laberintic planet).
Or more like "Metroid style is not for your like", don't need to feel bad about this, really.

Original Metroid feels very dated for the lack of map and the shitty passwords system (you continue the game with your energy tanks empty).
But, Super Metroid? It's still awesome.
Maybe too hard for actual standards. Some people find hard some battles, and people like you find difficult or confusing the exploration thing.

At least, you can enjoy the newest games, where they guide you throught the map.
>>
>>389054581
Super Metroid isn't that difficult to navigate. The only real issues I could understand new players having is wandering into Norfair without retreiving the Kraid map data and not knowing what to do with the glass tube.
>>
>>389055679
The glass tube is very heavily foreshadowed.
>>
>>389055737
Even then, the tube doesn't crack immediately after your Power Bomb sets off. It's easy to set a bomb and roll out the room thinking it does nothing.
>>
>>389052948
It's going to be worse just by the fact that Metroid 2 is a very limited game independently of how good or bad the remake turns out.
>>
>>389055003
I understand that but I never really looked at the map in ZM. Most shit just made sense and I clearly remembered places that I couldn't go before and that I thought I had just the thing to advance. Most of the time it worked and I was rewarded with more of the map, that's what made it so satisfying.
In Super I'm just not getting the clues needed and most of the places I've found have been a bit bullshit or not too clear, which is why I'm leaning towards >>389055626 and I'm just too casual.
Like, to get to Kraid there's this room with a red floor that you need to bomb a SPECIFIC block to advance, the rest of the floor is not affected. It took me a while to get that on pure accident, while in ZM I feel that the entire red floor would have exploded after one bomb.

>>389055505
Alright, just fought Kraid, pretty fun boss (better than the plant thing). Got the Varia suit, went into the heat caves, got to the bubble dimension. Completely stuck. I know I need the ice beam to advance in a room with a spiked floor and a missile upgrade, but other than that I'm going in circles. What did I miss?

>>389055679
What's this about a glass tube? I've bombed it already and nothing happened. Do I need a special bomb upgrade for it or something?
>>
I hope Samus Returns will reward replayability as much as Zero Mission did.
>>
>>389055737
How? I knew about it before playing the game, so it was anon issue to me, but how is it foreshadowed?
>>
>>389056892
When you enter Norfair, you should head right and get to the large open green bubbly room. From there, bomb the floor in the center and go to the door at the bottom left. This will take you around in a big circle to the upper right of that large room, where you can get the next power up.

The glass tube is way later in the game. It's kind of infamous, but now that you've heard about it you'll know what to do.

>>389057205
You can see all the other regions of Maridia when you enter from the Wrecked Ship, get the mapdata for Maridia which tells you the rest of the room is a real room, and even see an already-broken tube with identical tileset just a few rooms away.
>>
>>389052948
Better
>>
>Do you expect it to be better or worse than one of the best games in the series
Gee, anon.
Joking aside, I still have high hopes for the game. I played it Gamescom and it seemed pretty good from what I've played.
>>
>>389052948
About on par. Probably easier than Zero Mission, and no stealth section.
>>
>>389057838
>Probably easier than Zero Mission

People who played it said it's surprisingly tough, and that the melee counter is way harder to pull off than it looks and is definitely not an instant win button.
>>
>>389057549
*at Gamescom
>>
>>389055898
the glass tube cracks the moment you press a movement button, if you stand still and do nothing after setting the bomb then it wont crack, so it's impossible to leave the room without it cracking

source: played super metroid like 5 times in the past month
>>
>>389056206
they're redesigning the entire world and maps
>>
>>389052948
I'm thinking better overall, but there will be sections of the fanbase that will be turned off by it.
>>
>>389054581
People will praise SM and call it perfection, but it did have some of the obtuse level designs of "bomb this random block."
That said, some people like its lack of hand holding and directing, because people took different paths when they were first playing, allowing them to each play the game a different way.
So you should stick with it, try to avoid the walkthrough but i understand why you keep going back to it.
Wait till you get to prime.
>>
>>389052948

No Mr. OP, I expect you to die...
>>
I hope it's better
>>
File: 1504056113284.png (147KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1504056113284.png
147KB, 400x300px
i honestly expect it to be worse since the same casuals who praised its gameplay couldn't even beat Kirby's Epic Yarn, and think dark Souls is the epitome of difficult games.

Normies are easily impressed by anything.
>>
>>389054078
But Zero was good.
>>
File: smug puck.png (94KB, 1155x289px) Image search: [Google]
smug puck.png
94KB, 1155x289px
>>389060575
>>
>>389052948
worse
>>
>>389060471
I wonder how many Dark Souls comparisons in professional reviews we can expect.
>>
>>389053934
/ourguy/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2078C4mkrtY

Cute ending, but I kinda wish they sped up some of the attacks
>>
Metroid Samus Returns opening cutscene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWX_pOXN2dc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2KrvOcjA4Q&feature=youtu.be
^ Extended Diggernaught

And... for some reason they showed off the Queen Metroid.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/904048806282399744
>>
Also the actual Diggernaught fight (non background)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2078C4mkrtY
>>
>>389062089
>>389061865
That's supposed to be a late game enemy? Not too impressed. It looks like a really lazy fight.
>>
>>389061646
That was awesome. I loved the ending, Samus just gets tired of its bullshit and blows the eyes out.
>>
>>389062316

No it doesn't
>>
>>389061865
>already showing off the final boss
Guess it's like zero mission and there's extra shit after amiright?
>>
>>389062647
How so? It's way too slow paced. Half the battle is just waiting for it to open its weak spot, and the other half is laughably slow, laughably easy platforming and spider balling. In any speedrun this boss would be a boring slog that destroys any sense of pacing. This boss didn't need to be 6 minutes long.
>>
>>389061865
>they showed off the Queen Metroid.

What the fuck are you doing, Nintendo?
>>
>>389062825
I would assume there will be zero mission
>>
>>389061865
Holy shit, I can't wait for this game. Seeing the Queen Metroid this early must mean that she isn't the final boss this time around.
>>
File: 1499929453395.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1499929453395.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
My biggest concern with the game is the structure it'll follow.
AM2R had the potential to be as good as Zero Mission and in some regards, it was, but the structure of the game itself is what knocked it down from that height.

The whole "one really really long tunnel with a bunch of different areas on the side" thing doesn't work that well for Metroid, I think. The areas have no means of transportation in-between them other than the tunnel and the fast travel station you unlock near the end. And I realize that those are Metroid 2's problems and that it was structured that way because it was a Game Boy game, but Samus Returns IS a remake of Metroid 2 in the end. Although there was that image with map comparisons and it made Samus Returns' areas look more expansive, on the other hand it still has a fast travel system, which may indicate it's going the same route as the original.

Another concern I have is bosses, of which Metroid 2 had about 1. AM2R had to pull a bunch of them out of its ass, and those were pretty good in their own right. I'm just looking forward to seeing what Samus Returns has to offer in terms of bosses.

I also hope we see some cool new weapons and abilities, we've already seen that the grapple beam is back (everyone's faaavorite) so it shows they're changing things up a bit.
>>
>>389064531
The lack of non-Metroid bosses in Metroid II works from a storytelling perspective because it shows that Metroids are the apex predators of SR388.
>>
>>389062089
>that ending
Damn that was actually badass
>>
>>389053934
sauce?
>>
>>389052948
All I want out of this right now is for the melee and aeion(or whatever its spelled) abilities to not break the game and make it too easy
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.