[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_4413.png (984KB, 1215x1023px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4413.png
984KB, 1215x1023px
Is it really that bad?
>>
File: DA2_promo.jpg (310KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DA2_promo.jpg
310KB, 1280x720px
>>389052917
Yes, but not really for the reasons some people claim. It was clearly rushed and recycles zones, but combat is alright outside of absolute SHIIEET encounter design due to wave reinforcements.
>>
>>389053089
>that was a promotional screenshot

it literally looks like a PS1 game...
>>
>>389052917
It's the one good Dragon Age game.
>>
>>389052917
In retrospect? Not really, Inquisition showed that they could go even lower

It has some decent characters and story bits, and the combat is arguably an improvement over DA:O, but it's really marred by the things >>389053089 mentioned
>>
>>389053160
Wow. I haven't gotten this mad over a post in a very long time. Kudos.
>>
>>389053975
Outside of the Hinterlands, DA:I is better than DA2.
>>
>>389053154
Prove it
>>
>>389052917
the writing is absolute hot garbage
>>
>>389054347
You are very mistaken. It has has the best writing of any bioware game at least
>>
>>389053160
well
they are all shit so yea maybe
>>
>>389052917
I unironically consider this in my top 5 WRPG. The class balanced is largely improved from DA:O where mages were pretty much the only fu class to play in mid to late game. The cross-class combos were fun and forced you to keepo your party diverse. The story was a huge breath of fresh air form the generic WRPG save-the-world story they usually shit out. And the characters were the best part, feeling like actual people who had a life outside of your adventures and who were actually friends with Hawke. Too often it feels like party members were stuck with the main characters because of the situation they're in. But the cast in DA:2 actually felt like they were genuine friends and actually wanted to hang out with each other.
>>
>>389053975
Nah nigga. 2 was much worse. Inquisition at least had level design and best girl.
>>
What happened to this series? DA:O wasn't a perfect game but it was decent fun. I felt like DA had a lot of promise.
>>
>>389053154
t. child who has never actually played a PS1 or PS2 (which is what it actually looks like)
>>
>>389054567
>The story was a huge breath of fresh air form the generic WRPG save-the-world story they usually shit out.
Not exactly what you want in the middle of a a series about saving the world.
>>
>>389054632
It was never great. The game was always so far up Tolkien's ass that it should be in the grave with him. The gameplay is slow and clunky, and none of the characters are great. It was always a mediocre computer game that console users hyped up because it was the first few okay computer games on console in a while.
>>
>>389054437
lol good joke

The writing is a lot better when you paraphrase it but playing through the game itself you realize how bad it is and how poorly executed and rushed everything was

The story had potential but its obvious that the lead writers just gave the job to their interns so they could focus on writing swtor and mass erect. It is an extremely badly paced game and some of the events happen illogically just to have them happen
>>
>>389054632

2 happened.
>>
>>389052917
It's not as bad as v likes to make it out to be but it does have some serious flaws. The game can be fun in areas and the overall concept is good but they throw it away by heavily flanderizing some characters, focusing to much on the 3 act structure and making the combat challenge to focused on simple dpsing rather than strategy
>>
File: 1403650708697.png (96KB, 1084x378px) Image search: [Google]
1403650708697.png
96KB, 1084x378px
>>389052917
>>
>>389054865
They already saved the world. The bad guy was already defeated. Why not do a sequel set in another age? Do an Age of Iron, or an Age of Blood, or something else. Revisiting this one age seems redundant.
>>
one of the worst games of all time. anyone who likes this game even a little bit is 100% reddit, neogaf whatever. no one who is a true /v/irgin would ever like this piece of shit
>>
>>389054910
What was illogical about it?
>>
>>389052917
You have to understand the context in which it was released. Bioware was still decent. This was the sequel to DA:O, which for all its faults was a competent RPG with a feel it was made by RPG fans. Then suddenly this amateurish effort is released. The writing is mostly cringey, the feel of the established setting is not there, production values are low. It's exactly what you wouldn't haven't expected from a Bioware game. Also the gameplay was horrible. Now people have just resigned to the fact that Bioware is crap and are happy if they release something at least decentish.
>>
>>389052917
Story is mediocre but I like the lightheatredness of it. No need to save the world or travel across a continent. Just you in a town doing your own thing. Too bad it hadn't much variation regarding the epilogue and that Gaiden's novels and DAI rendered DA2's role in the big conflict Mages vs. Templars meaningless.
Many say the gameplay is better, but I never liked how they cut back on the tactics menu and unlike DA2 there are no mods to enhance them.
>>
>>389054298
>>389053975
DA 2 was a failed attempt at making a good game
DA:I was a (somewhat) successful attempt at making a shitty game.

DA2 premise > DA:I premise
DA:I execution>DA:2 execution , but who cares how well they can execute a bad idea?
>>
>>389055021

The world wasn't saved. What happened was a temporary fix with leads to a possible solution nd some intrigue.

Then 2 comes along.
>>
>>389052917
I used to think it was terrible until I played Inquisition. At least this one had a few good moments
>>
>>389055390
da2's premise was absolutely terrible you fucking nigger faggot subuhman. go back to fucking reddit or better yet kill yourself. RED LYRIUM RUINED DA2. THE PREMISE FOREVER DESTROYED THE LORE. INSTEAD OF HAVING A REAL MORAL DILEMMA BETWEEN MAGES AND TEMPLARS IT'S FUCKING LOLOLOLOLOL TEMPLARS CAN BE CORRUPTED TOO ROFLMAO fuck you, you stupid fucking nigger. YOU are the reason rpgs are shit in 2017
>>
>>389055390
>DA 2 was a failed attempt at making a good game
Like hell it was. There was nothing about 2 that would have ever lead it to being a good game.
>>
>>389055449
Didn't the god-baby ensure that the world was saved? Frankly the ideal story should've been that Loghain becomes a grey warden and redeems himself in the end by sacrificing himself to save the world, Alistair pisses off to be king with the king's widow, you travel the world to recruit more wardens with the lady of your choice, and everyone's happy with no need for a godbaby.
>>
I've just started a playthrough of the first game since it was on sale and I never played the DLCs back in the day, I've now done like one main quest and most of the DLC content and I'm already burnt out, also got an OP setup of my guy and the rest (respec mod) and every encounter is cake now even on nightmare.

Is it worth pushing through and continuing through to Awakening?
>>
>>389052917
Technically, yes. Enemies are spammed and not strategically placed. Graphics were downgraded and AI behavior was watered down. Being able to choose your race and origin story from the first game to being forced to play this one character in the second is dumbfounding.
>>
>>389055101
>game shoves how evil the templars are down your throat at every second
>literally every mage except you and your sister, even the main mage, turned into a fucking blood mage. There are no regular mages in that city
>if you choose to side with the templars literally everyone hates you
>fans praise this for being "morally gray"
>yet the game doesn't hint at any intentional moral grayness, choosing templar is obviously something an "evil" character is supposed to do

also the fucking archmage was suddenly revealed to have killed your mom (for no real reason) AND be a powerful bloodmage, despite denying it throughout the entire game and having NO REASON to freak out like he did. That fight at the end was shoved in so the players could "press x for awesome" a little bit more
also, Anders' complete 180 in character was the most dumbest fucking thing. He's a completely different character in Awakening and they explain it after it happened.
>>
>>389054875

>game was always so far up Tolkien's ass

?
>>
>>389056070
The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it illogical, anon.
>>
>>389056109
Yeah, that confused me as well. Didn't get that vibe at all.
>>
>>389055853
>Didn't the god-baby ensure that the world was saved?
Nope, it was just a potential. Awakening established that there was a bunch of unknowns and people were basically hoping for the best.
>>
>>389056314
Ah, never played Awakening.
>>
>>389056286
kill yourself, redditor biodrone
>>
>>389055787
Arishok stuff was pretty cool
>>
>>389056515
Not an argument.
>>
>>389056631
neither is being a cocksucking nigger licking shill but you still do it anyways KEK
>>
>>389056515
blood magic isn't inherently bad, mongoloid. Hawke and the Warden use it and everything works out fine.
>>
>>389056749
Still not an argument.
>>
>>389056835
>blood magic isn't inherently bad, mongoloid.

t. demon.
>>
>>389057012
get the fuck out my country gook
>>
>>389057016
t.ignoring argument

Hawke and the Warden used it to good ends.
>>
>>389057165

The games don't actually address either using blood magic, which is always shown to have some kind of side effect.
>>
Seriously lads, is it worth bothering to actually finish DAO and play Awakening if I'm already at the point where the game is super easy?
>>
>>389058217
No
>>
>>389052917
compared to origins yes, if it wasnt a dragon age game its an okay game
>>
While it may or may not have been better than DA:I, DA2 was at least better than Andromeda
>>
File: 1461720688183.png (18KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1461720688183.png
18KB, 657x527px
>>389058298
4 bucks wasted then
>>
i think the problem was because shepard was space jesus for all the mass effect games people were expecting warden jesus with morrigan but they threw that all away, and people dont like when their expectations are not met
>>
>>389058423
You can start awakening directly if you really want to try it
>>
>>389058647
Don't you have to export your guy? My guy is already OP but he's only like level 13.
>>
>>389058759
You'll create a new warden that's from orlais and the game will assume your origins character sacrificed himself against the archdemon
>>
>>389059123
ah, maybe I'll just keep playing and maybe it'll click.

Kind of realizing I may actually not really like RPGs, despite remembering enjoying the game back in the day.

Any ideas for how to make it more fun? Maybe try solo play and not have two ultra high damage dual wield warriors and a perfect healbot following me all the time, though I guess it would get boring without the extra run speed from haste.
>>
>>389052917
It was a pretty good game that had its problems. Nothing more or less.
>>
>>389055005
kek
>>
>>389059450
To be fair it's a very overrated. I loved it when it came out but now I only see a piss easy, shallow and stretched out broken mess
>>
>>389058639
This is the most reddit-tier post ITT. DA2's blunder had nothing to do with expectations. It had everything to do with shit combat and class design, shit role playing elements and mechanics, shit encounter design, shitty writing and story execution with awful humor, character development and bad fantasy TV show fanfiction-tier pacing and structure.
>>
>>389059785
Well I mean, I think the problem with the genre in general (exempting action RPGs like Dragon's Dogma or Souls games) is that there isn't reallly much skill involved, the only reason I'm able to absolutely beast the game is because I know how to get really strong really fast and certain exploits (like getting double stat gains in Fade), which in turn ends up removing all challenge.
>>
>>389059991
The game is easy without exploits though
>>
>>389060146
Yes, but now it's even easier, I pretty much just did it because I could.
>>
File: orlais dress 1.png (893KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
orlais dress 1.png
893KB, 1000x1000px
>>389056070
>Anders' complete 180 in character was the most dumbest fucking thing.
Originally Velanna was going to be a companion, but she got replaced by Anders, and the plot made for her switched hands to him. While completely changing Anders' character was a sad necessity, the alternative would be having two dalish female mage companions. Also, most people hate Velanna, and liked Anders.

>literally every mage except you and your sister, even the main mage, turned into a fucking blood mage. There are no regular mages in that city
This is simply untrue. Many mages were normal. The veil is weak in Kirkwall, however, and so they are at higher risk of possession.

>the fucking archmage was suddenly revealed to have killed your mom (for no real reason) AND be a powerful bloodmage
He didn't kill Leandra, Hawke's mother. An apostate friend of his did that. It was that apostate friend who submitted his research to the Archmage, and the Archmage used it in a moment of desperation to try and destroy the Templars.

>yet the game doesn't hint at any intentional moral grayness, choosing templar is obviously something an "evil" character is supposed to do
I chose to kill the mages. I believe it was the right thing to do. Of course, when you choose to execute every mage in a city, it is hard to call it "moral." Just like it is hard to ignore the corruption of the Circle in Kirkwall and call helping mages "moral." So yes, the game is a choice between two sides which are both flawed and corrupt, which makes it "morally gray."
>>
>>389056286
>>389055101
>lets prove mages aren't terrorist by blowing up a government building
>Not all mage are blood mages...we're gonna prove that by being blood mages!
10/10 writing
>>
>>389060475
Blowing the building was meant to force the mage to fight
>>
>>389052917
It's one of the two games I've fallen asleep mid-gameplay. Not because it kept me up all night or anything cool like that, I get lethargic when I'm bored. Even grindcore MMOs have more to keep tabs on to retain attention.
>>
>>389060475
And this is why you should always kill all of them, except whichever one you use to keep you hasted
>>
>Red Lyrium in the dwarven thaigs beneath it
>was the slave trade main hub in the Tevinter days
>the streets literally form a giant arcane symbol according to those codex entries from a sidequest
>implies Kirkwall was the very location the original Magisters entered the Fade from
It's not really a big mystery why so many mages go blood mage in Kirkwall, that whole damn city is evil down to its roots. It's like build on a indian burial ground type shit there.
>>
>>389060656
That was fucking stupid considering the only way they win or get a stalemate is when a third party intervenes on their behalf. other lovely tidbits
>I'm gonna use this obviously evil mirror to save my clan despite everyone telling me not to because no good can come from it
>oh look it backfired like everyone said it would
.but its okay I'm so quirky and innocent so everybody babies me.
>>
>>389060656
>Forcing a conflict by killing innocents
>Not being a terrorists

Pick one.
>>
>>389052917
Yes, it was that bad. So was Merril, if only there was an option to kill her more.
>>
>>389061271

>don't talk with demons
>talk with demons more
>>
>>389052917
Game suffered due to having such a short developement cycle, but I liked the main cast and the story was decent enough to keep me interested.
>>
>>389061271
>That was fucking stupid considering the only way they win or get a stalemate is when a third party intervenes on their behalf.
It's like being possessed by a vengeful spirit doesn't help you when it comes to making rational decisions
>>
>>389061328
But he knew what he did was wrong...? He was even okay with you killing him.
>>
>>389052917
its worse

dont even bother, I tried replaying it 2-3 times throughout the years thinking "well it couldn't have been THAT bad" and I proved myself wrong every time
>>
>>389060327
Basically this. Other anon wanted to hate the game so much that he couldn't look at it objectively. The choices ARE morally gray.
>>
>>389061328
Yeah but you assume his goal was to prove mages weren't terrorist when it was to force a war
>>
>>389061720
>>389061878
But that's fucking stupid if you're gonna be a successful terrorist organization or movement you need people to actually follow you and money to supply your efforts a plan after that.Not just one day out of the blue blow up a building and let all hell break loose especially when the people you're targeting are way more organized and zealous than you. that's common sense if you want your people to be free.
>>
It grew on me. I've got more hours in DA2 than origins and inquisition combined. That said, Inquisition had a more satisfying ending with trespasser.
>>
Merrill was cute af
>>
>>389062195
>>389061720
>>
>>389062203
Is Inquisition worth suffering through again just for Trespasser?
>>
>>389062296
Trespasser is pretty damn good. I'd say it is, just try not to bore yourself by doing everything in every zone and shit.
>>
>>389062296
I thought it was a nice little bow to wrap things up which, considering how open the original ending was, was pretty nice. Is it worth playing through the whole game, though? Probably not. Just load up a finished save and play the dlc only. Trespasser happens after a timeskip anyway.
>>
>>389061878
Terrorists, regardless of there motives or beliefs, are defined by the use of violence to achieve their goals, violence against weak or vulnerable targets. Anders killed a group of priests and some people praying.

By killing him he believed he would become a martyr. Just like a suicide bomber believes he will become a martyr for dying for his cause.
>>
>>389062296
just cheat and give yourself power to skip the shitty mmo stuff
>>
>>389062207
Merril was annoying as fuck, and about as cute as an ayy lmao can be which isn't very cute.
>>
Nope. I liked it, I liked the story and characters, I found it compelling. Not my favourite DA game, but I liked it.
>>
>>389062508
His goal was to start a war, which he did.
>>
>>389062287
That doesn't excuse you from being an idiot my point still stands you could want revenge and still be smart.
>>389062508
But no one stood behind me or used him as an example
>>
>>389062506
I would do that but I lost the Origin account I had DA:I on and EA tech support was impossible to work with. Will probably need to do a new playthrough, and give making an attractive female qunari another try
>>
Hey, you fags arguing about Anders, have any of you got that image where its the chantry blowing up and his face is plastered around it?
>>
I haven't played Inquisituon, but it looks just so...bad...like, all the way around. The dialogue, the world/setting seems off and counterfeit for some weird reason, combat is nearly hack n slash, cast looks like tumblr version of an actual DA cast, even down to the character icons in the top left screen...EVERYTHING just seems bad.
>>
>>389062623
Which only ends favorably when a third party like Hawke and the inquisitor steps in on their behalf and act as a mediator.
>>
>>389062195
He got tired of templars treating mages like shit and mages taking it like good little faggots, while chantry is pretending that everything is ok. Blowing up the church forced templars to crack down on mages and in turn, forced mages to fight back. His plan was to start the war, because he thought that mages would wipe the floor with templars.
>>
File: 1503875122561.png (436KB, 630x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503875122561.png
436KB, 630x500px
>>389053089

and also, if i remember right fight shit a couple levels above you was a death sentence right?
i seem to remember one encounter like this that made me drop this shitty game.
>>
>>389062718
Ouch. well the other anon is right. As long as you dont force yourself to do the mmo-like content, the game is much improved. Get the mod that makes war table shit finish instantly while you're at it.
>>
>>389062767
Bruh, he doesn't about about the war ending peacefully or not. Get this through your thick skull. He just wanted to lash out at the templars, and he wanted every mage who's ever felt oppressed to do the same. He was sick and tired of seeing the mages being subservient and wanted them to fight back. A peaceful conclusion was the last thing on his mind. By blowing up the church, he knew it would force the mages to fight or die.
>>
Will I really die if I reply to that image?
>>
>>389062296
Avoid the sidequests outside of the ones you can do right away or the ones that give you stuff.

Focus on the main story and not doing everything. DAI is a completionist nightmare.

The DLC in general was pretty great. Hakon's area is probably my favorite zone, Descent's Deep Roads are the best they've ever been and has some pretty good Dwarf lore bombs and Tresspasser's just really dam good IMO.
>>
>>389062932
>b-but it's stupid because he doesn't have supply line or know the future, he should have thought about it calmly and rationally despite vengeance wanting it here and now
>>
>>389056109
Apparently anything with elves and dwarves and "orcs" or their replacement is tolkien shit.
>>
>>389062916
>>389063039
I remember that I forced myself to clear out all maps during my first playthrough, I dont even remember what ninety percent of the MMO-like stuff does. The only optional stuff worth doing were the dragon fights.
>>
>>389052917
It's definitely crap but there's a lot more anger towards it than it deserves.
>>
>>389062296
YES!
>>
File: Lace-harding.png (173KB, 270x380px) Image search: [Google]
Lace-harding.png
173KB, 270x380px
>>389063309
I agree.
>>
>>389063309
Which one? Aveline or Bethany?
>>
File: angry about elves.jpg (13KB, 550x281px) Image search: [Google]
angry about elves.jpg
13KB, 550x281px
>>389063373
>being a knife-eared cunt
>>
File: 1490202229850.jpg (13KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490202229850.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
>>389052917
>stuck in one city for the entire game
>nonsensical story
>constantly reused assets
the only redeeming quality this game has is the combat and even that grows a bit tiresome near the end
>>
>>389063137
I'm sure you didn't mean to reply to me, bruh.
>>
File: bethany.jpg (9KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
bethany.jpg
9KB, 200x252px
>couldn't romance best girl
fucking piece of shit game
sorry forgot pic the first time
>>
>>389063491
>not being a cutie elf so you can romance other cutie elves
>>
at least the non-stop enemy waves was explained by just Varric over-exaggerating the story
>>
File: Bethanydemo.jpg (235KB, 1348x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Bethanydemo.jpg
235KB, 1348x1078px
>>389063309
Damn Bioware still being discriminatory and incestphobes, its 2017 come on!
>>
I started DAI the other day and am on the post game DLCs now.

It's really a decent game once you ignore the tranny lecture from the horned fuckwit, most sidequests, and all of the collectibles.

They added too much bloat to the game, but its's still a 50-60 hour play even without any of the MMO fetch quests. You'll hit level cap even without that junk.
>>
File: Romanov.jpg (10KB, 250x263px) Image search: [Google]
Romanov.jpg
10KB, 250x263px
>>389063558
>>
>>389063708
>skinny cancer patient with a testicle chin
>cutie
>>
>>389062892
>>389062932
>>389063137

BUT HE DIDN'T WANT THE MAGES TO LOSE AND ALL BE KILLED YOU FUCKING MONGS.
>my people are all being oppressed so I'm gonna start war that would end with all of them getting treated more harshly and probably systematically exterminated.
>That would free them
He never talked to any other mages, or attempt to organized a resistance, he never tries to contact the tevinter imperium which is a mage-autocracy and surely want lands long lost to them back is fucking asinine before he martyrs himself.
>b-but muh vengeance
you can still want revenge and be smart about it
>b-but muh spirit possessing him that shouldn't automatically make him a dumbass
>>
>>389063708
Why are Solas fags so fucking retarded and gay?
>>
>>389062896
Finally
>>
Talking about Solas, how do you get the option to dance with him during WEWH?
>>
>>389063927
Im surprised there even are Solas fags
>>
>>389063880
Considering that he saw death as a better alternative than living under the templars, I'd say yeah, he was okay with all the mages dying.
>>
>>389063880
He didn't care about winning. His goal was to give mages the freedom, even if it means death of all of them.
>He never talked to any other mages, or attempt to organized a resistance
He did.
>>
>>389063880
he was school shooter tier retard at this point
>>
>>389058138
>some side effect
except with wardens, the warden, or hawke
Blood magic is fine, shush.
>>
>>389063880
>b-but muh spirit possessing him that shouldn't automatically make him a dumbass
It does though because it's not a spirit of planning ahead or patience
>>
>>389064141
Solas is ridiculously popular with the tumblr crowd the DA fandom attracts. Primarily because they all play special snowflake elves.
>>
>>389052917
No, 3 was worse. While 2 wasn't the best, I still enjoyed the majority of my time with it, and I disliked the majority of my time with 3. 3 just had too many MMO/WoW sidequests with no substance, and the open areas were unnecessarily big and empty.
>>
>>389064294

Blood Magic is asking to be possessed by a demon and turn into an abomination
>>
>>389063880
>>b-but muh spirit possessing him that shouldn't automatically make him a dumbass
Justice wasn't possessing him at that point anymore. If you bothered to talk to him, you'd know that he constantly says that there is no distinction between Anders and Justice and that they have become one entity - a spirit of justice which was treated unjustly by the templars.
>>
>>389064294

The Wardens in both Origins and inquisition got fucked after using blood magic and the PCs get immunity for gameplay reasons.

The only actual force that doesn't get fucked over by blood magic are the Tevinter Mages and they have that shit well documented and don't fuck with demons.
>>
So why did Ser Jory have to die? That just seems like an unnecessary dick move by the Wardens.
>>
>>389064918
because Duncan was an edgelord
>>
>>389064918

Self-defense nigga.
>>
>>389052917
No.
>>
>>389064918
you dont back out of gang initiation dawg.
>>
>>389063010
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>389064918
If everyone knew that the Joining can be lethal, or that the Wardens drink darkspawn blood, they would not get any of the much needed recruits.
>>
>/v/ knowing anything about DA lore
>>
>>389064918
He was going to run away and tell everyone about the fucked up shit Wardens get up to and nobody would want anything to do with them.
>>
>>389065226
meh you could force criminals or offer large sums of money to be wardens.
>>
>>389065048
>>389065226
He didn't seem like the type of guy to, though, He was clearly a much better person than the other guys. It still just seemed like a dick move considering he had just gotten married and his wife was pregnant.
>>
File: UQwAVrb.png (259KB, 598x796px) Image search: [Google]
UQwAVrb.png
259KB, 598x796px
>>389052917
DA II was so bad that it pulled back the curtain and showed paid reviewers weren't sharing a reasonably poor opinion, but blatant lies.
>>
>>389064918

Because Wardens are dicks. Worst thing is that he knew that guy had a pregnant wife, yet still recruited and killed him.
>>
>>389065464
To be fair, if you only played the first act, it did seem pretty great.
>>
>>389065210
Do you know about the Enigma of Kirkwall?

Damn, imagine if BioWare could've done DA2 in more than 7 months.
>>
DUDE WHAT IF WE KILL OFF HAWKE'S MOTHER AND TURN HER INTO A LITERAL ZOMBIE SEX SLAVE LMAO

literally LITERALLY the worst fucking game i ever played in my life. the writing was so fucking terrible and i'm not even getting into the characters. the combat was equally as terrible
>>
>>389065614
It looked like shit, had bad combat and the dialogue system was trash from minute one.
>>
>>389065697
I dont see the problem here
>>
>>389065614
I only played the demo and knew it was shit from that alone
>>
I just hate how inconsistent the artstyle and combat is between the games are, its annoying.
>DAO
>armor and weapons not too over the top, somewhat realistic
>elves are shorter pointed eared humans
>combat is slower, lots of tactics management available
>DA2
>armor and weapons go full JRPG and ridiculous
>elves turned into bare foot Avatar's ayys
>combat is ridiculously fast paced but non stop "ANOTHER WAVE!"
>DAI
>armor and weapons are some sort of mix of dao's realism and da2's stupid aesthetics
>elves are now spooky skeletons
>combat is now basic MMO combat
>>
>>389065614
no it didn't. there was no emotional attachment to any of the characters that the game insisted i had. i'm supposed to be playing this hawke clown, my brother gets killed off who me as a player doesn't give a shit about and yet the game thinks i should care? it was like that the entire time. i don't give two fucks about hawke's family. da2 wasn't an rpg. i felt like i was playing some tumblr bull dyke's fan fiction
>>
>>389052917
I thought it was kinda boring and way worse than DA:O but i still have no clue why it gets so much hate
>>
>>389065726
>>389065847
>>389065908
Nah, it seems like you came into the game wanting to hate it already then.
>>
>>389066029
Actually I was excited for it because I liked the first game a lot, this was back before the game was even released, but I completely lost all interest before I even completed the demo.
>>
File: Screenshot20111005200538078.jpg (385KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot20111005200538078.jpg
385KB, 1440x900px
DA2 was fun.
>>
>>389066181
Nah, that really sounded like you just wanted to hate it, because the demo was a single mission with nothing major from the story shown.
>>
>>389065697
I don't see the problem with that, since the whole point of the story is Templars vs Mages. Your mother being killed by a mage can give you rp excuses to either think all mages are a blight and need to be controlled, or think the oppressive natures of templars caused this mage to do this. Either way, whatever you want your character to think, this event can justify it. And it's really fun to start the game as sarcastic and as more and more dark stuff like this happens you play more and more as detached as you can, rping a person with ptsd in a way. It's really satisfying, and I don't even think the game was that good. But building up a character and then have her be killed of in such a matter opens a lot of rp possibilites and I don't know why anyone would be against that, especially when she dies by the hands of a mage, a very important faction in the previously mentioned Templars vs Mages story.
>>
>>389066029
I preordered it.
it was before I'd become utterly jaded, and it utterly crushed my soul
>>
Didn't they only have roughly 2 years to make DA2? The repeating areas and ending are the worst things
>>
>>389066270
I hated how it played though.
>>
Anders did nothing wrong.
The Mages did nothing wrong.
Literally was all the Templars fault.
>>
>>389064918
Because the Joining ritual, where you have to drink darkspawn blood and pray to the Maker you survive, is a Grey Warden secret. No one would join the Wardens if they knew the risks involved.

It was Duncan's fault for trying to recruit a person like Jory. He was newly married and his wife was pregnant. No way he would have agreed to permanently join an organization, where you have to forget about your previous life and venture into a lifelong quest to hunt and kill darkspawn.
>>
File: Tragedy.jpg (981KB, 1456x816px) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy.jpg
981KB, 1456x816px
>>389066270
>mind reading
Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
>>389066029
nope. all my friends were telling me it was going to be shit. i had hope. i was devastated. i thought dao would usher in a new era of the crpg. what happened was total and complete regression in every aspect. it wasn't enough that the game was terrible. they completely ruined the lore with the templar vs mage conflict. before there was a real moral conflict between mages and templars. templars were sometimes harsh and keeping mages locked away wasn't the nicest thing, but mages were portable weapons of mass destruction so you could sympathize with the templars as well as the mages. in da2 they introduced fucking red lyrium so now every fucking choice is the correct one. who the fuck cares you stupid nigger, mages and templars? same shit. both can be corrupted. fuck you
>>
>>389064378
they kinda remind me of those girls and fans who choose to hookup and have relationships with convicts
>>
>>389053160
Only correct opinion in the thread.
>>
>>389052917
I liked origins, and i liked inquisition, but i didn't like 2.
>>
Should I replay DAO or Inquisition?
I've done all the origins in dao before, but I haven't tried a playthrough as a warrior in Inquisition yet.
>>
>>389066275
she didn't die because he was a mage. she died because of shitty writing and the guy was crazy. the templar vs mage conflict is far greater than one fucking event and the fact that you can boil it down to that proves this game is for idiots. you know what it is? it's identity politic bullshit injected into my game. the bigger picture was enough for you to make an informed decision about majors and templars, but nope, too complicated for the stupid fucks bioshit started pandering to. instead here's fucking red lyrium so you your choice is always the correct one and the morality between mages vs templars is effectively deleted
>>
>>389052917
After Inquisition it seems like a great game
>>
>>389066820
Not from the circle
>>
>>389066275
It's a problem because of.
>One you don't care for her
After act 1, all importance your mother has goes out the window. Leaving her to do nothing for the rest of the game and completely out of sight until she is killed off.

>Second, you spend so little time with the mother that you don't care that she is killed off.
Unless you hardcore rp as hawke (as in, you literally are hawke, and lived his life before the game starts) the player has no reason to care about the mother because even in act 1 she is nothing but a npc that just stand around at talks to you until her dialogue is used up.

>Third, you can't save her
No matter what option you pick, or who you side with, or what quest you do, the mother dies.

>Fourth, there is no reason to kill her off
She's an boring as fuck npc by the time she dies, and it doesn't even have an impact on the story, so why kill her.

>Fifth, no it doesn't do anything for rp
If you side with the Templar, thinking that all magics are evil because they killed your mother, how the fuck do you rp fighting the Templar anyways when head Templar bitch is possessed by an evil sword? Same with the mages, if you think it was just one rouge mage, only to fight the archmage that literally shouts
>YOU WANT BLOOD MAGIC, I'LL SHOW YOU BLOOD MAGIC
It makes no sense on either side, so your "reason" for picking a side goes out the window, no matter how hard you rped that playthrough
>>
>>389067338
are you stupid? inquisition is much better, at least it's got some choice and freedom
>>
>>389067829
>it doesn't even have an impact on the story, so why kill her.
extremely cheap emotional pandering. you can tell it was written by a women. it offended me. it made me angry that the writers thought they could emotionally manipulate me with something so half assed. it was like something straight out of lifetime for women
>>
>>389067941
>inquisition
>choice and freedom
I'm laffin.
>>
>>389067168
Warrior in Inquisition is about as exciting as Warrior in Origins. I wouldn't recommend either experience.
>>
>>389065464
This and Diablo 3 pretty much killed what little trust I still had in reviewers.
>>
>>389065040
you're a big guy
>>
>>389066559
Less than an year. Rumor is 7 months.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.