[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing San Andreas with SkyGfx?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: skygfx.jpg (682KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
skygfx.jpg
682KB, 1024x768px
Why aren't you playing San Andreas with SkyGfx?
>>
Wow, the sky is piss-coloured now, all fixed.
>>
I don't know which one is supposed to look better
>>
>>389052397
right
>>
I like left more
>>
>>389051574
>>389052397

right is the actual more accurate look i.e. how it looks on PS2

Rockstar just messed up the PC version so the graphics ended up all wrong and basically missing a whole layer of effects
>>
>>389051574
It doesn't exclusively do that, it has PS2 car reflections and grass/pedestrian density (both were higher on PS2)
>>
>>389053789
This.
>>
>>389053703
It doesn't.
>>
>>389053990
You mean they made the game look like how life looks like
>>
>>389051487
Tired to play SA on PC after PS2 and this feel of burning hot evening in the hood was gone.
Car reflection was gone as well and probably tons of other things.

One of those cases were PS2 actually wins.
>>
>>389055196
well the screenshot doesn't show it but everything in SkyGfx other than the color filter looks better than vanilla
>>
>>389051487
Because the PC version is shit. Not only do you have to downgrade the patch just to get all the content other versions have as standard, but it also is lacking so many things that are standard on consoles.

Fucking just emulate it.
>>
>>389051574
>Wow, the sky is piss-coloured now, all fixed.
(You) for
>you

>>389052397
>>389054105
seriously, it's a good game for people who played it back then due to great memories. Myself included. But don't start pretending any stupid graphics tweak will enhance its playvalue in 2017.
>tl;dr if you play GTA:SA for the graphics today, you are a retard
>>
>>389051487
Oh my most recent run, I did. Gives the first island a really comfy feel and better atmosphere.

Carry on.
>>
>>389055263

no version of SA looks like how life looks like

and if anything the PS2 lighting is actually more realistic its obviously supposed to be sunset in this scene
>>
>>389051487
I always hated how the ps2 looked like the sun was was closer than it should, i guess it was more to hide to small draw distance that the ps2 had.
>>
>>389056238
sunrise
>>
>>389055492
For a pc port its fine its just missing some graphical effects.

Shit yes but thats what mods are for, besides the sky is better without the orange glow.
>>
I thought the thing about it being sunset all of the day was to hide the ps2 limitations, not making it prettier.
Playing the ps2 version now just looks like blurry piss,
>>
>>389059830

the only reason it looks blurry on a PS2 is just the resolution
>>
>>389052397
because it's subjective, both of these lighting examples exist in real life but /v/idiots will try to tell you one of them is more realistic than the other
>>
The piss filter was a stylistic choice like how they gave LC in IV a grey, gritty look.
>>
>>389059540
There's more than just that wrong with the PC port.
>>
>>389051487
I played it with SkyGFX two years ago but haven't played the game since. Still have it installed though.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.