[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop playing VTMB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: stop.jpg (198KB, 514x848px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
198KB, 514x848px
>>
get a new game first
>>
What other game must I play if I'm 25 and have a computer?
>>
>>389046224
Uh, Anon. People in glass houses and all. Stones and such.
>>
>>389045384
Okay, but I'm not playing LoK:
>Garbage gameplay throughout 5 games.
>Story is a mess full of holes, but /v/ fellates it anyways.
>>
>>389047662
>full of hole
Name six.
>>
a
>>
>>389047746
Sure;
>Moebius and Mortanius have the same voice actor -- this is never explained.
>Moebius created time Time-Streaming Devices/Chamber and the Chronoplast, left them intact instead if marooning Kain at the end of the world.
>Moebius is killed canonically by Kain in BO1, but he immediately reappears quite literally in the very next scene in Vorador's Mansion in Defiance, something even Hennig said was a "huge oversight."
>Edge-of-the-Coin sequence was supposed to free them from the wheel, yet they played directly into EG/Moebius' plans and were locked in mortal combat again.
>Moebius' staff is often inexplicably missing -- important since it paralyzes any vampire and he probably could have used it in BO1.
>EG and Moebius work against their own best interest despite having portentous abilities. The Elder God is said to exist "in all times at once", yet he permitted Raziel to leave the abyss knowing full well that the the Reaver could harm him.
>>
File: 1500142978199.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500142978199.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>>389045384
>the VtMB sequel will be written by these people
Is this what you wanted /v/?
>>
>>389049660
What is this?
>>
>>389050056
The sequel to VtMB
>>
>>389050128
Well its no secret that the setting is LGBT faggotry
>>
>>389049632
>Moebius and Mortanius have the same voice actor -- this is never explained.

Dude, what do you want them to explain? Simon Templeman himself voiced a ton of people in BO1 for budget reasons. That was a perfectly normal thing to do in past times, even now. Hiring VA is expensive as fuck.

>Moebius is killed canonically by Kain in BO1, but he immediately reappears quite literally in the very next scene in Vorador's Mansion in Defiance, something even Hennig said was a "huge oversight."

That moment in Defiance was a few hours before Vorador was beheaded and Moebius killed by Kain. Raziel himself tells Moebius this and Moebius admits he knows he will die soon, but he's confident his god will bring him to life once again.

>Moebius created time Time-Streaming Devices/Chamber and the Chronoplast, left them intact instead if marooning Kain at the end of the world.

Cabuco confirmed on his LoK forum page that Moebius didn't create the Time-Streaming Devices, the Ancient Vampires did. His staff is of Vampiric origins, too, he stole it from his Ancient masters. I guess they just hadn't developed it yet when they made BO1 and added it in the next games, but it's not that important, I think: Moebius always knew Kain's next move during BO1 and didn't feel the need to use it on him, even when he was about to get killed. He was 100% sure the Elder God would bring him back to life and he knew Kain needed to slay him to go back to the Pillars with his hourglass and then refuse the sacrifice.
>>
>>389049660
I don't think the writing is that bad as long as you don't misinterpret it as being pro-liberal and anti-Trump. It's criticizing insane liberals. It's also the World of Darkness where basically everyone is a monster. That person is most likely going to be killed soon for losing control to the Beast and risking the masquerade. I see most people misinterpreting it as a liberal fantasy and anti-Trump statement when it's the opposite.
>>389050128
No it isn't, it's just a visual novel set in the same universe.
>>
>>389049632
>Edge-of-the-Coin sequence was supposed to free them from the wheel, yet they played directly into EG/Moebius' plans and were locked in mortal combat again.

Raziel has had free will since he was revived as a wraith. Moebius even gloats that Raziel had free will but was still manipulated in the end.

The others aren't even worth mentioning.
>>
>>389045384

>implying there are any other good vampire games
Playing as Vlad in TW:W only lasts so long, you know

>>389049660
protip: that character was written by a guy who has a history of harassing a transgender writer named Avery who also does PnP RPG writing, and it's suspected that the character in the VN is specifcally meant to be a jab at her.
You'd probably think he's """"""based"""""" actually.
>>
>>389050743
>Cabuco confirmed on his LoK forum page that Moebius didn't create the Time-Streaming Devices, the Ancient Vampires did. His staff is of Vampiric origins, too, he stole it from his Ancient masters

What the fuck, that's retarded. When/where did this happen?
>>
File: 1468658080853.png (295KB, 395x465px) Image search: [Google]
1468658080853.png
295KB, 395x465px
>>389045384
How old is Simon Templeman, anyway? I tried looking for his age not so long ago and it's nowhere to be found. Is he truly immortal?

it also doesn't help that he looks like an older version of Human Kain/Loghain, that guy looks like could live forever
>>
>>389051007
Define harassing? Do you mean "strongly disagrees with this person on multiple points and isn't shy about saying so" or "shows up at their house to yell at them and threaten to burn them with acid"? Do you have any evidence of this harassment?
>>
>>389051272
I don't remember the details, but yeah, he confirmed the staff was made by the Ancient Vampires after the loss of their god. I don't remember why (maybe to stop those who didn't want to kill themselves, like Janos, and were considered traitors? I vaguely remember something like this), but it's not surprising: Vorador's mansion in Defiance is full of Vampiric weapons and they all look very creepy or painful. Those guys were into some dark shit too and I guess things only got worse when they got estrangered from their God, before their civilization crumbled.
>>
>>389049660
if the sequel has more Trump bashing, then yes. I'd play Vampire the Liberade: Fuck Trumplines and this song is played in the Last Round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJzMzW3kuY

As long as I get a sequel
>>
>>389051585
I dunno the specifics of what he's done to her, but for example, here's another PnP writer, David Hill, talking about what Zak S has done to him (and in passing mentioning the RL Avery and Zak S):

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/general/off-topic/1050412-white-wolf-hires-zak-smith-im-out/page4

Zak S is well known to be a cunt, basically, and it's funny that here on 4chan the character's thought of as some """"SJW"""" victory but elsewhere the same character's hated for exactly the opposite reasons.
>>
>>389052298
Thank you, sounds like he is indeed a fucking nutjob.
>>
File: zakbreakfast1[1].png (239KB, 463x349px) Image search: [Google]
zakbreakfast1[1].png
239KB, 463x349px
>>389052298
christ he looks like the meth-addled spawn of a crackwhore and a third-rate punk rocker. Why the fuck did they hire this psychopath? Hasn't White wolf learned anything over the years?
>>
>>389052909

Here's more from him, my personal favorite:
when this VN came out and the internet barring /v/ was up in arms about Zak S and this character, it seems that the man himself showed up to the White Wolf reddit, made an account with the name of someone well known in the tabletop scene, and accidentally defended himself using "I" instead of "he" while posing as her.

http://imgur.com/a/qI5dJ

>>389053213
People say he was picked because, regardless of how much he's a cunt, he at least gets his work done on time. I dunno what WW's real reasoning was, though - if it gets worse and it has, with an extremely hamfisted inclusion of refugee politics in the Vampire tabletop setting they released as a test run of the new system maybe Paradox will step in.
>>
>>389052298
look at his twitter

https://twitter.com/ZakSmithSabbath

He's a total hard leftist. In no way do i think his shitty trandscharacter is based on unbased or any of that-it's just poor writing on his part. I don't think his cuntishness has anything to do with politics. some people are just awful on the inside and it has nothing to do with their personal politics. It's narcissism and obsessiveness finding their out in causing "enemies" pain. He's acting exactly like a vindictive little tyrant using his fans to bully people-he's more like a fascist than he likes to admit, for all his hard-left virtue signalling.
>>
>>389054206
*trans character
>>
>>389054206

Hard to believe, I know, but the left isn't the monolith it might seem from /v/ or /pol/. Many people who seem to be leftists are just using the aesthetic. People like Zak S, for example - actually believing in leftist politics precludes this kind of transphobia.

Regardless, he's a shithead, and it's still funny that /v/ thinks his writing is an example of the SJWs taking over World of Darkness.
>>
>>389049632
>EG and Moebius work against their own best interest despite having portentous abilities. The Elder God is said to exist "in all times at once", yet he permitted Raziel to leave the abyss knowing full well that the the Reaver could harm him.

EG likely couldn't contain Raziel forever, and likely didn't even really have a good grasp on what the hell he was. Given the option of either MAYBE containing for a while and then having an immortal sworn enemy, he decided to just use him instead and let things play out with a script of his own creation.
>>
>>389056108
This, the Elder God talked a lot of shit but couldn't back up. He existed outside of time and was both large enough and deep enough underground to show up wherever he wanted, but he wasn't omniscient or omnipresent, obviously not omnipotent either.
>>
>>389050913
They aren't worth mentioning because you have no refutations.
Either way, thanks for confirming that the story is full of hole.
>>
>>389050743
Where's the explanation on why Mortanius voice changed? Fucking plot hole. If it was any other form of media, you'd fucking laugh at it.

>"Moebius's appearance, gloating at Raziel in Vorador's Mansion, seems oddly placed in the storyline of Defiance, as it follows Mortanius's telepathic communication with the younger Kain ("Come to me my undead son"); by the established sequence of events shown in Blood Omen, Moebius should have been murdered by the younger Kain before Mortanius called Kain. Crystal Dynamics staff have admitted that the scene showing Moebius (still alive and only just going to his death) at Vorador's Mansion was a mistake."
Even if there was off-screen ressurection, that makes even less sense because Kain is required to KILL ALL CIRCLE MEMBERS TO CONCLUDE THE FIRST GAME -- and they must remain dead since Kain's immediate ressurection didn't interfere with his position as the balance guardian.

And finally you're playing into Moebius not needing the staff because he's omniscient. But this is limited omniscience and he knows Kain poses an immediate physical threat to him without the staff. There is zero reason not to carry it in every instance when dealing with Kain is a possibility, even someone with 60 iq would have carried the staff at all times, and it just lends credence to the fact that the character is an idiot and works against his own best interests.

I can't speak about Moebius making the Time-Streaming devices according to new data, but he literally says he made them in two games.

There's more of these too... Not evrn counting Mortanius who has his own problems.
>>
>>389056108
Even following this, the best bet was always to put all the chips on Raziel, to befriend him and hinder Kain as much as possible.
They "pitted them against each other", but this is fucking stupid because if Raziel defeats Kain, the Reaver will absorb Raziel at which point you could pick up the purified and completed Reaver and you would have the only thing that could harm you on lock.
If Kain wins, he gets the sword and he will fuck shit up with it.

The writing is just full of problems.
>>
>>389045384
You're right.

Vampire the dark ages is much better.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.