[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nex Machina: Death machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
You guys played this shit? Fucking hell it's amazing. What are some other hidden gems from this gen I don't know about? Also what's the highest difficulty you've beaten arcade mode on?
>>
I'm trying to play it on my PC but it's impossible. They need to patch in a visible mouse cursor.
>>
"Let's hack Robotron 2084 so that every enemy has the exact same spawn time and location, walking path, and attack timing every time you start the stage, and let's have it so that the stage resets every time you die. Sound fun?"
...no.

I bought the game and I want to like it. Why can't they just call current Arcade mode like Quest mode or something, since that's its real intent, and then make an actual Arcade mode where things are actually randomized to some extent so that replaying the game doesn't feel like such a gigantic predictable chore.
>>
>>389034809
play with a dual analog controller. it would honestly be much better for this game. you instantly shoot the direction you point the aim stick, its super smooth. hotline miami is better with mouse but not this game.
>>
>>389035432
Nah. I prefer mouse. I'll be fine with it if they just add the mouse pointer.
>>
>>389034904
Very few arcade games have any significant amount of randomization in them. With that said, most of the depth comes from scoring, and that's where the relatively minor randomization of the game starts playing a pretty big role. There's also the higher difficulties with suicide bullets which aren't randomized but are dynamic enough that no two runs will be the same for a very, very long time.
>>
>>389034654
all the sideshit triggers my autism so i stopped playing
>>
1cc'd Experienced, working on Veteran right now. Loving the game, but it's too long. The first two worlds are a joke and by the time it starts really ramping up in difficulty in world 5 and 6 I'm exhausted.
>>
>>389034654
I played it and it's amazing, without all the hype surrounding sonic mania I would still play it.
I still have to beat the true final boss.

Is it me or the pc version is kinda a resource hog for what the game is?
>>
>top-down
>synthwave
>unity
Your typical indie garbage. Pass.
>>
>>389035789
It's definitely not just you, must be all the crazy voxel shit they're pulling
>>
>>389035890
Not unity and also co-designed by a legendary director who is responsible for the existence of the genre in its current form to begin with.
>>
This game is literally a pure gaming orgasm. At high level it's also pure gaming autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbqLLB3dMFQ

Btw I've just seem the developer has also made a new game called 'Matterfall' is that any good? Looks awesome, too.

Was Rezogun good? I'll be honest, Rezogun looks kinda boring to me in comparison to this.
>>
Wish this game had online coop though. Would have been amazing.
>>
>>389036137
Resogun has a lot of different things to do if you get the DLC at least. In my opinion, it does a better job of being a new Defender than Nex Machina does at being a new Robotron. The only general negative in a way is that it takes a long time to build up a good score in most of the game modes. It feels pretty shitty to play a stage for 15 minutes, get a personal high score, and then see that score is maybe 10% of what the highest scores out of your friends list is, and maybe 3% of the world records.
>>
>>389037041
>It feels pretty shitty to play a stage for 15 minutes, get a personal high score, and then see that score is maybe 10% of what the highest scores out of your friends list is, and maybe 3% of the world records
but wont nex machina be the same when it's older and more people have played the fuck out of the game over and over again, getting those high autism scores?

>>389035985
>legendary director who is responsible for the existence of the genre in its current form to begin with.
which director is that and what games has he made?
>>
>>389037309
Eugene Jarvis. Defender, Robotron, Smash TV, Narc and Total Carnage. Did you not hear about this? That was one of the points in marketing and what made me pay a lot of attention to the game in the first place.
>>
>>389037520
honestly i dont know much about the shmup genre. i did play defender growing up and know what smash tv is. another shmup I played growing was super edf on snes and a few others here and there. also side scrolling games like contra if those count.

make a lot of sense that some revered shmup director made this game. I absolutely love it. i should play more shmup games.
>>
>>389037938
Honestly there aren't a whole lot of great shooters in Nex Machina's style out there. Your best bet is actually playing a roguelite like Nuclear Throne or Monolith which came out recently. There are also some cool run and gun games with a similar control scheme, like the Bleed games (2 in particular is great) and Steel Strider. When it comes to just top down shooters, you should check out Shock Troopers, OutZone and Jackal (nes version). Neo Contra is pretty fun too.
>>
>>389038345
>Honestly there aren't a whole lot of great shooters in Nex Machina's style out there.
so it's actually one of the very best in its genre and true modern classic. that's awesome.
>>
>>389038345
what do you think of matterfall btw? how does it compare to nex machina in terms of fun and in general?
>>
>>389038447
Pretty much, the genre isn't very well developed unlike traditional autoscrolling shmups.
>>389038532
Haven't played any of their other games so I can't comment
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.