[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the failure of this bane and the poor critical/financial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: resident-evil-vii-biohazard-ps4.jpg (1MB, 1029x1304px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-vii-biohazard-ps4.jpg
1MB, 1029x1304px
Was the failure of this bane and the poor critical/financial reception proof that there is low public demand for a return to old-school traditional survival horror based on puzzle solving item collection and backtracking?
>>
File: latest.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>389030720
Bane?
>>
No, as this shit was absolutely NOTHING like the originals, no matter how the shills love to spew bullshit about superficial similarities (muh mansion! muh herbs! muh shotgun "puzzle"!...)

Want evidence of oldschool horror still working?
Look no further than the explosive sales of the re-release of REmake a couple years ago. It's thanks to that shit that we got Zero HD in record time, and REmake2 project was finally launched. Together with the whole PT/ Silent Hills fiasco, they also did mold RE7 into what it is now, though it was also clearly made to sell VR gadgets.

Which leads to the other embarrasment: making the VR function SONY EXCLUSIVE for an entire year. PC and Xbone players literally cannot play 7 in VR, meaning you're left with slow as fuck FPS-Outlast clone, with zero replay value, shit puzzles, shit bosses, scripted and linear as fuck campaign in general, and tons of paid DLC that's supposed to ""compensate"" for these issues.
>>
File: Masketta.jpg (15KB, 318x298px) Image search: [Google]
Masketta.jpg
15KB, 318x298px
>>389030797
Aye
>>
>>389030958
OP dont samefag. Its embarassing.
>>
>>389031048
You apparently can't even into samefag detecting, leddit faggot. Go back.
>>
File: 1403033649685.png (249KB, 406x403px)
1403033649685.png
249KB, 406x403px
>>389031015
Was OP's plan to samefag his own thread?
>>
>>389030720
What? Resident Evil 7 was well received, and only undersold Capcom's expectations by a half a million. But Capcom later expanded lifetime sales expectations well beyond initial expectations because of how well it was received and the fact that it was so easily available digitally.
>>
>>389030720
>REVII
>old school horror
Are there really people that believe that?
>>
>>389031338
Yes.
You gotta remember they weren't necessarily even born yet in 1996.
>>
File: CZq7-IQWwAQb8zL.jpg (17KB, 600x338px)
CZq7-IQWwAQb8zL.jpg
17KB, 600x338px
>>389031141
Crashing it. With no survivors.
>>
File: tallwoman.jpg (10KB, 400x300px)
tallwoman.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>389031338
Besides the fixed cameras tell me what does RE7 not have that makes it not a survival horror game?
>>
File: 1504227087019.png (301KB, 472x605px)
1504227087019.png
301KB, 472x605px
>>389030958
Sure thing OP.
now make this thread again when you play RE7.
>>
File: 1489239940701.jpg (35KB, 480x568px)
1489239940701.jpg
35KB, 480x568px
>>389031338
>Item management
>Puzzles
>Weapon management
>BOWs
>survival gameplay
>Key and item hunting.
>Secrets
>For the first half ever bullet counts
>Making the right choices in what weapons to use and bring.
>Tone
>crazy and fun villains who don't die easily.
>creepy mutant bosses
>An evil corporation is behind it all.
>Madhouse changes up the whole game for a second playthrough.
>Limited saves on madhouse.
>Cute girls.
>Game turns into more of action game at the very end.
>A giant BOW (Even if she does suck)
>killing the boss final boss with a powerful weapon.
>Helicopter escape
>Ties to the old games all over the place.
>The guy who made the puzzles in the house made the puzzles in the first mansion from RE1
>A secret agent chick who was lying too you all along
>Item boxes.
>Shotgun room.
>Herbs.
>Herb mixing and ammo making.
>A secret lab underneath the main location.
>Unlockbel weapons and items
>"I'm Redfiled"

Anyone who claims RE7 is not a survival horror game or a RE game is full of shit. or an action fag under cover.
>>
>>389033520
You list a lot of vague one liners, as if you are compensating for how dull and dreadfully awful the implementation is for each of these in the actual game.

The game was so bad, yeah they created a good atmospheric Mansion to explore, but you do it once and there is literally no replay value, nothing to go back for.

It's so linear and scripted.
>>
>>389034798
Madhouse is great for a second run.
And all the classic REs are linear and scripted anyone who says their not is full of shit.
But guess what its not that big of deal there is nothing wrong with linearity and besides the first 10 minutes its not that scripted,
>>
>>389030720

I'm playing it for the first time and I have mixed feelings. Presentation/atmosphere is good but I don't dig how they use the same formula over and over again:

Enter new zone -> explore until you trigger the appearence of boss -> evade unkillable 'boss' until you solve enough puzzles -> fight regular, killable enemies -> kill boss -> enter new zone

and so on. Mind you, I'm about to enter Lucas' house so maybe this time it'll be different.
>>
>>389030720
>Was the failure
It's a neat walking simulator.
>of this bane
lol
>and the poor critical
Got nothing but good scores all over the board.
>/financial reception
It sold pretty well.
So, can you discuss things without lying out of your teeth to make a point or what.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.