[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the GTA series entries you've played from best to worst.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

File: gta.png (25KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gta.png
25KB, 1200x1200px
Rank the GTA series entries you've played from best to worst.
>>
Mostly based off the amount of fun I got from each game.
>San Andreas
>V
>III
>Vice City
>IV: BoGT
>LCS
>IV
>IV: TLaD
>>
>>389030349
San Andreas>IV>Vice City>V>III

Anyone who doesn't have SA at the top is kidding themselves, there is too much variety in the game and unlike other open worlds all of it is good.

IV has an amazingly detailed map. No other game has come close. Amazing physics too and more realistic driving which is controversial amongst fans.

Vice City has great characters and great fan favourite missions. Awesome aesthetic too.

V cuts back on too many neat features from IV. It has shit car damage. Story is too short and too barebones since they didn't follow it up with expansions. Map is essentially too big for what it offers too and you get a wanted level too fucking easy

III in an inferior Vice City.
>>
>>389032315
>more realistic driving
Ahahahahahahahahaha!
>>
>San Andreas
>IV
>III
>V
>Vice City (Don't give a fuck about the 80's theme)
>IV:BoGT
>LCS
>VCS and IV:TLaD
>>
>SA
>VC
>5
>4 DLC
>VCS
>3
>LCS
>Chinatown Wars PSP
>Chinatown Wars DS
>2
>1: London
>1
>4

SA isn't my favourite, Vice City is, but I accept that SA is basically an overall better game.
>>
>>389030349
-SA
-IV + DLC
-V
-III
-VC

VC is the most overrated GTA in the entire series. It was literally III, but in Miami. And I put III ahead of VC, since it was my first time and holds the most nostalgic feeling.
>>
>SA
>III
>IV
>II
>I
>V

So forgettable I literally remember nothing about it despite playing the fuck out of it as a kid tier
Vice City
>>
>>389032735
>VC is the most overrated GTA in the entire series
That's not SA. Eveyone treats it as a holy grail when it's just mostly a rehash with annoying new shit like stats and gang territory.

It lives on more through memes, bootleg copies and old bigfoot youtube videos than on standalone quality.
>>
>>389030349
Vice City > San Andreas > III > IV > Chinatown Wars
>>
>>389032695
Are you me except DS Chinatown Wars was better?
>>
>>389032843
You couldnt be more wrong. It lives on because of the amount of things to do, how much you can customize CJ compared to other games, the variety of the missions. its different environments and the memorable characters.

Memes are memes but SA lives on because of its quality.
>>
San Andreas
Vice City
V
IV
III
>>
>>389030349
Objective list
>SA
>IV
>VC=V
>III
>Power Gap
>everything else
>>
VC has the best OST.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13843447
>>
>>389033158
VC has the best music but SA has the best talk shows
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 480x272px
Best game, worst protagonist
>>
>>389033387
>worst protagonist
did you mean to post gta5?

>cuck
>neutral negro
>/b/
>>
SA (100%ed it)
IV
Vice City Stories
V and VC
III
Liberty City Stories
Rest
>>
>>389033494
Why rank LCS so low?
>>
>San Andreas
All that stuff to do, good characters, and lots of memorable missions.
>Vice City
Great characters, some good missions, and the property system was great.
>III
Could be nostalgia at play here, but I really like the atmosphere in this game.
>V
Brought back some of the stuff that was lost between SA and IV, but it's more barebones than IV story-wise. The only reason I rank it above IV is the better online (shark cards notwithstanding).
>IV & episodes
Good story and great improvement in graphics, but barely any stuff to do on the side. Firefighter and ambulance cut, taxi and vigilante gutted, pigeons are the worst hidden package, and that friend system is worse than SA's girlfriends only you need it for 100%.
>>
>>389032843
I disagree (I'm the guy who prefers VC but thinks SA is the better game). I think SA had an incredible map (especially compared to VC), really nice range of cars and weapons and other cool things like the territory system and so on which make it overall superior to VC in gameplay.

It did make some mistakes in the storyline, though - the entire middle bit of the plot makes no sense and feels like filler. Characters are shat on, such as Sweet going from militantly anti-drugs to almost taking crack within one mission, and another mistake was trying to make CJ seem sympathetic when he literally buries a man alive in a portapotty for whistling at his sister.
>>
>>389033575
You're right, I might be a bit biased because I couldn't bother finishing it. Disregard that.
>>
>>389032980
It was the one I played the most, by far, but after playing the PSP one for long enough you won't be able to go back. It's just smoother and the touchpad sections don't add enough to make up for it.
>>
>>389033672
I liked them, though.
Stuff like the lock picking minigame made me feel more like a real criminal.
>>
>>389030349
TLAD > 4 > TBOGT > SA > 5 CW
>>
>>389030349
VC>IV>SA>III>V

This is unlikely to change.

VC is peak GTA, with great aesthetics, a perfectly sized world and good missions. IV has the best story, gameplay and characters, but is held back by some scripting and a small amount of side content. SA is a good game, but it's extremely overrated and suffers from feature bloat on top of introducing scripted missions to the series. III is only where it is because it's unrefined. V is a schizophrenic mess and mediocre.
>>
>>389034126
>4
>best story, gameplay and characters

Almost every mission was "drive along this completely flat map consisting of identical-looking blocks and then shoot 50 people in the head". You can even see that in the DLC they realised how badly they fucked up and then scrambled to fix it.

The plot was terrible too because trying to make us sympathise with a person saying "I can't believe I have to kill people, I can't wait to stop doing this" whilst driving to kill 50 more people with 250k in his pocket from the bank robbery makes no sense unless you're 12 when you play it
>>
>>389034267
>Almost every mission was "drive along this completely flat map consisting of identical-looking blocks and then shoot 50 people in the head".
Sounds like the average GTA mission to me.
>>
>>389034332
Not really, those are typically filler missions rather than being 90% of the game. Also, these missions in GTA4 tend to just end when you kill the last person in the identical grey building site rather than ending with a car chase or any kind of event. It was just plain bad. I really wanted to like it, but only the DLC was notable in any way.
>>
>>389034267
not him, and I do disagree with nearly everything he said, but which gta has the best story? IV's characters and interactions are what made it top tier for me. it had a good mix of serious dialogue, combined with playful banter and humor. V failed at this because it was never funny, nor did you give a shit about what michael/trevor/franklin were going through.

>my wife's cheating on me, my family hates me. I lied to my best friend waaaaaaaaaahh
>my best friend is an idiot. I want to do right and make money and marry the girl I love. oh wait, she left me because I'm a shithead that can't avoid trouble
>hi, I'm trevor, and i'm mister reddit. watch me BADOBHAHDAHADHAD while punching people and yelling obscenities. i'm too stupid to realize i'm being played for a fool by the FBI, and my way of life is to live fast and party head, FUCK YEAH!!
just awful.I played through that shit once, then tried again and gave up before the first heist.
>>
This thread certainly explains the shit taste in /v/ lately
>>
>>389034605
>Not really, those are typically filler missions rather than being 90% of the gam
Not really, most missions involve driving and shooting people just like you said, that's it.
>>
>IV
>VC
>V
>3
>SA
>Stories
>1/2/CW
Never played the first two when they were out, so don't have much nostalgia for them either.
>>
>>389034636
yeah.

everyone knows the best GTA is 2.
>>
V > III > SA > VC > IV
>>
>>389034267
Did you even get the plot of IV? Niko doesn't want to stop killing, just that he doesn't get joy from it. Instead, he acknowledges that it's all he's good for. He even comes to LC for the purpose of killing someone.

I'll also take a firefight that can be approached in any way you want over cinematic setpiece bullshit anyday.
>>
>>389034712
Second to CTW for the best 2D GTA.
>>
>>389034636
>lately
SA has always been /v/s favourite and there has been quite a large IV cult following on /v/ because of the grim atmosphere, physics and all the small little details which keep being pointed out. Seems like you havent been here long
>>
[spoilers] I hate you all faggots [/spoilers]
>>
>>389034756
the worst taste of all time
>>
>>389034874
We hate you too you worthless failure of a newfag
>>
SA
VC

4 is mostly at the top because I love the driving physics.
>>
In terms of gameplay and gameplay alone and ignoring the age factor GTA 2 was the best, you choose your gang or choose to be a freelancer on three different maps each with their exclusive gangs. Each gang having their own quests and if you choose to do so you can betray and switch gangs. There was also collectibles and hidden items for you to find if you just want to goof around. I never play GTA1 so have to skip that but next would easily be SA for what it added to the game that no other game in the series did. Literally the only downside is that it is a story driven game with a protag you don't get to choose. Ignoring that and focusing on only the gameplay though it is clearly the best out of the 3D games. The other games doesn't even matter to me. GTA3 and Vice City only set the way for SA where the other games that came after lost what made it great.
>>
>>389035037
oh here you are

the contrarian hipster.
>>
>IV (+ expansions)
>SA
>LCS
>3
>VCS
>VC
>V

V is really fucking disappointing. Horrible entry in the series. Very technically impressive but horrendous characters, story, map... hell, everything else.
>>
>>389035098
Literally everyone on /v/ is a contrarian hipster you faggot.
>>
>>389035098
lol hipster on an anonymous image board. Sure let's go with that. You need to put bait on the hook first dumbass.
>>
>>389030349
>best to worst
SA > 5 > 4 > VC > 3 > 2 > 1
>favorite to less favorite
VC = SA > 5 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1
>>
File: 1493832667832.jpg (20KB, 423x615px) Image search: [Google]
1493832667832.jpg
20KB, 423x615px
>VC
>CW
>>
>>389030349
San Andreas
Vice City
IV
>>
>>389030349
SA > V > Vice City > IV+DLC > III
>>
And after 9 years, /v/ finally likes GTA IV. I can't wait until VI comes out so that we can like V as well.
>>
The only good parts about V are the graphics, 1st person and that satisfying running hay maker.
The driving sucks and you'd think you wouldn't get a slow-mo thing when it's already so easy, but they do it. The story is mediocre, 3 characters is retarded and the only fun thing in the game, I can do it Max Payne.
The car damage made me cry
>>
san andreas
vice city
gta 3
gta 4
>>
>>389034267
But killing in gtaIV was better than in any other game. There was a mission where you had to save Roman from a warehouse and there were guys shooting at you from a rooftop, and if you shot their legs they'd slide right off and die. You could also kick yogafags in the nuts.

>>389036082
also the mission with power armor and the minigun
>>
>>389030349
SA >= VC > V > IV BoGT > IV > 2 > III

never understand the love IV especially with the garbage car controls
>>
Vice City = San Andreas > Gay Tony > 3 > V > IV > 2 > 1
>>
>>389030349
SA > IV & EFLC > VC > LCS = VCS > III > V
>>
Vice City was the one I enjoyed the most but I don't think it has aged well. I'd probably play 4 these days. Never played 5.
>>
File: JohnnyKlebitz-GTAV.png (428KB, 549x711px) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyKlebitz-GTAV.png
428KB, 549x711px
What were they thinking?
>>
>>389037681
>Gotta show how cool and insane and dangerous Trevor is! hurr durr!
>>
>>389037482
Same
>>
>>389030349
San Andreas = IV > Vice City > III > V
:^ )
>>
>>389032843
I agree with this. SA is a great game but the general quality of mechanics and missions is an obvious and undeniable downgrade from VC and even III. It has so many poor design choices, with missions frequently requiring you to drive for several minutes at a time before having a quick and lethal shootout that will require you to restart the entire mission if you die. At least 3 and VC had the sense to make missions short enough and focused enough to never really be frustrating. Everything that was bad about previous games was also amplified in SA. The remote control helicopter and plane missions, for example, were significantly more prevalent and just as poorly designed in SA and were also totally narratively pointless. The stats are also superfluous and make basically no real difference in the greater experience. The map is big but the vast majority of it is empty desert or forest that amounts to nothing more than a massive annoyance when travelling from place to place. Same with the hunger and dating systems which only ever served as impediments to your progress.

If I had to sum up SA in a single sentence, it would be: "Vice City with more stuff but all of it is worse."
>>
VC>3>SA>4>5
>>
>>389037681
Johnny couldn't let go of Ashley, and she kept dragging him down lower and lower until he was a drug addict while she was busy whoring herself out.
Him being on drugs prompted him to let his guard down and hug Trevor to help alleviate his regret and shame.
He was unable to let go of those who pulled him to his downfall, and he paid for it.
>>
>>389032315

Anyone who has IV higher than V is kidding themselves. Get out of here you dingus.
>>
>>389030349
IV=SA >>>>>> V
>>
>>389039751
I had more fun in the IV than V so yeah I think IV is better. Got a problem with, friend?
>>
>>389040432
>in the IV
Well, I had more fun in the V than the IV so ummm yeah
>>
>>389030349
>II
>I
>
>
>
>
>V
>III
>IV
>Vice City
>San Andreas or as I like to call it 'the nigger power fantasy game'
>>
>>389040782
>I had more fun in IV than V so yeah I think IV is better. Got a problem with, friend?

Happy?
>>
>>389040818
found the triggered poltard lmao
>>
>>389032695
God tier tastes. You might be my soul mate. VC is my fav but I concede the win to SA a well.
>>
>>389040896
>Got a problem with, friend?
No my friends are good, thanx
>>
>>389030349
VC >>>>>>>> SA >>>>>>>> IV >>>>>> V

(My opinion is purely story-wise. While V is the best in terms of gameplay, the story of VC is unbeatable)
>>
V
SA
IV: BoGT
VC
III
IV
>>
SA
III
V
IV/VC

I'm not saying IV and VC are bad, however, they're just not my favorite.
>>
>>389041125
I don't like you
>>
>>389030349
i can see the appeal on SA bc im a nigger, but VC cannot be beaten
>>
>GTA IV / Episodes from Liberty City
>GTA V
>GTA San Andreas
>GTA Vice City
>GTA III

As far as I'm concerned the games have improved every single time, but I didn't like how they removed IV's physics stuff and car handling in V, or that they killed off Johnny just to make their new character look dangerous.
>>
>>389041592
They killed Johnny not just to show Trevor's lethality. Johnny's death shows how much the Lost MC has decayed from a respectable club, to a meth-riddled ragtag of idiots. You can see throughout the game, that we (as the player) disrupt all of the Lost's activities (races, dope dealing, etc)

Especially on GTAO, Malc (as you can recall, an former Lost and Johnny's friend) works as your assistant. That's how low they got
>>
>>389030349
Vice City>IV>V>San Andreas>III>II>I
>>
File: 1503943727607.gif (2MB, 383x204px) Image search: [Google]
1503943727607.gif
2MB, 383x204px
>IV
>2
>San Andreas
>V
>1
>Vice City
>III
>>
>>389042701
forgot Chinatown between V and 1 and Stories as last
>>
Best to worst

>San Andreas
>V
>IV
>III
>Vice City

Never finished TBoGT or TLaD
>>
>>389042569

>Motorcycle Club
>Respectable

Pick one
>>
File: gta_wars-970062.jpg (58KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
gta_wars-970062.jpg
58KB, 480x272px
There is no love for China Town wars.
>>
File: 44f.png (92KB, 680x361px) Image search: [Google]
44f.png
92KB, 680x361px
>SA
>VC
>4 DLCs
>5
>3
>4

I can't believe how overrated 4 was. If you went from playing SA to IV you can see the huge difference in everything. Not in a positive sense in my opinion - Niko can barely be customized with clothes, no hairstyles, beards, or gaining weight/getting buff. Storyline is meant to be more grim and considering this is GTA, it simply shouldn't be happening.

I like VC the most but mechanically wise SA was the biggest step up in the series, you could finally walk and shoot at the same time, the missions had a lot of variety, and I spent so many fucking hours in multiplayer I don't even want to admit it.
>>
SA > VC > 2 > V > 1 > IV > III
>>
>>389030349
San Andreas
Vice City
IV
IV DLC
III
V
>>
>>389032735
Exactly like this in my case. Couldnt agree more.
>>
>San Andreas
>V
>IV
>LCS
>IV:Ballad Of Gay Tony
>IV:The Lost and Damned
>III
>Vice City
>>
IV > San Andreas > the rest just kind of blur together
>>
Ranking memories: the thread
>>
>>389032843
>mostly a rehash
of what exactly?

VC is literally a reskinned III with dif protags and map. SA is a massive improvement in basically everything to VC except story and protags (which that is completely subjetive).
>>
>>389044593
OG Loc was dank, though
>>
>>389043413
>respectable
>Ashley cucking Johnny with the whole club

wew
>>
>San Andreas
>Vice City Stories
>Vice City
>V
>The Ballad of Gay Tony
>Liberty City Stories
>III
>IV
>The Lost and Damned
>>
GTA:San Andreas > GTA IV > GTA:Vice City > GTA III > GTA IV DLC > POWER GAP > GTA V
>>
Are any of the GTA games actually good?

I tried playing Vice City, San Andreas, and IV and got bored after a couple hours of each.
>>
>>389044792
I personally prefer the story and protags from SA, the character I liked most in VC returns in SA anyway.
>>
>>389045153
If you didn't like the games, probably it isn't your preferred kind of games.

If you have friends invest in GTA V Online
>>
>>389045153
Try GTA V if you can. It has a faster pace than the other games.
>>
>>389033446
kek.

Pretty accurate.
>>
>>389030349

San Andreas>Vice City> III > II > IV

Played the first game, but barely remember it
Haven't played V
>>
>>389045153
What's your favourite genre, anon? Or favourite games? It may simply not be your thing, which is completely fine.
>>
>>389030349
SA = VC > VCS > 3 > LCS
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.