[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can we agree that it was pretty overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: conquest.png (444KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
conquest.png
444KB, 500x500px
So can we agree that it was pretty overrated?
>>
The gameplay was underrated. The story was rightfully shat upon
>>
File: 1465932525750.png (187KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1465932525750.png
187KB, 380x380px
>>389028397
>>389029657
It's overrated AND underrated. Shit like chapter 10 and the Great Wall? Overrated as they had to rely on a gimmick to be fun (draining the water, stairs). Why does no one talk about Sakura's chapter? Or the first few chapters before you get Camilla? Or hell, even the boat chapter where you have to find Shura in a race to get back your gold? I loved that map.
>>
>>389030028
You mean Ashura, right?
You... Didn't actually play the Treehouse translation, did you?
>>
>>389029657
Fpbp
>>
>>389030028
I liked chapter 18 the most, not really because of the story for it but just the gameplay of it where you had two different bosses to defeat in a set amount of time.
>>
>>389030376
That's also my favourite map. Second place is the kitsune lair
>>
>>389028397
Yes, game play included.

>But dragon veins are so inn-
no. It had some good points on maps in some chapters, however.
>>
I like it, I regularly replay Conquest just to do Nohr 10 over and over, and the endgame chapters are great with the Great Wall of Takumi looking and really feeling like a siege, and Hinoka's map being beautiful, though I hate that they went back to dull indoor maps after that one, and the last map, and Iago's chapter are the most traumatically terrible things I've ever experienced

Also fuck Ninja Rape Cave, it can go suck a million dicks
>>
>>389030181
What else is there?
>>
serious question: How fuckup is the Ninja cave?
>>
>>389032136
Very.
>>
>>389032136
Ninjas were a fuckup
>>
>>389032136
Its not that bad, a bit of a drag but its a lot less shit if you don't use the dragon veins
>>
>>389032136
It requires you to git gud so a lot.
>>
>>389032136
Trap Saizou in a room and take your time. There's no time pressure on the map other than him. The first 5 or so turns are pretty sketchy but most of the map is without risk until the boss.

>>389032248
Absolutely correct
>>
>>389032034
The fan translation that doesn't have any support conversations translated.
>>
>>389032687
It has all gen 1 supports finished and half of gen 2 supports. Why are you lying?
>>
>>389032687
>doesn't have any support conversations translated
Wow, so it's nothing.
>>
>>389028397
Is it best to play this or Birthright first?
>>
>>389032981
Birthright -> Conquest -> Revelation -> Sudoku
>>
>>389032981
Conquest will kick your ass whether you're new to the series or not. I haven't played birthright so I can't answer the actual question.
>>
>>389032981
Birthright has a more enjoyable story, since siding with Nohr makes literally no sense and you spend most of the game doing shit jobs for your evil kidnapper father.
>>
>>389033084
>>389033113
>>389033241
I see, played Awakening a couple years ago and playing Heroes has been putting me in a FE mood again. I guess I'll go for Birthright first then, though I still find it stupid to ditch the family that raised you.
>>
>>389032981
You should so you're used to the combat system, and it still has some decently fun maps early on with Hoshido 10 and 12 (without cheesing it)
>>
>>389033490
Your father just turned you into a suicide bomb, which killed your real mom instead, found out you were kidnapped from your Nippon daddy who was brutally murdered, and that the kingdom you come from are sending out evil monsters everywhere that are indiscriminately attacking any random village it sees
>>
>>389033490
By the time you get up to the """choice""" you'll understand why Nohr is irredeemable.
>>
>>389033490
You should skip Fates altogether and just play Echoes instead.
>>
>Birthright
Awakening-lite but with a worse story, watered down mechanics, is overall easier and 1/4 of the cast being forgettable
>Conquest
Better maps and characters than Birthright but a story that makes you want to gouge your eyes out and the lack of grinding makes it worse overall, in the older Fire Emblems you had to weigh your options and distribute EXP when it came along but you could still build a solid and diverse army, Conquest cuts you off cold turkey so you just end up using MU Xander Camilla and whoever you paired them with
>Revolations
Shitty gameplay, shitty story, horrendous balancing, don't even bother
>>
>>389033682
Every time I read parts of the story I feel as if the whole IS building was on cocaine, LSD, and hard liquor
>>
>>389034020
That's because they literally threw away the original script.
>>
>>389033907
>lack of grinding makes it worse overall, in the older Fire Emblems you had to weigh your options and distribute EXP when it came along but you could still build a solid and diverse army, Conquest cuts you off cold turkey so you just end up using MU Xander Camilla and whoever you paired them with
Wot? Conquest is one of the most balanced in the series. Everyone is viable due to high growths and reclassing. Marx or Camilla being god-tier design change that. And lack of grinding is a good thing for the reason you mention yet you bash it for having grinding?
>>
>>389034238
>design
doesn't*
>>
>>389034020
What I hate most about Fates is how terribly it squanders all of its good concepts, A prince kidnapped from his nation, and forced to choose between the family he was taken from by their warmongering neighbors, and his captors who truly did love him like one of their own, and wages war only because they have no resources of their own

Or hell, you could make a decent story about some of the IK concepts, about an ancient dragon who loved humans, especially the king of the nation he helped raise, yet the fear of the people, and his ever growing madness caused him to murder his only friend, and turns him into a cruel tyrant, and it's up to his only child, and the descendant of the king to end him before all is lost

But then they went and tossed everything into one giant mixing pot, along with an extra big serving of stupid
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.