[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of axe mode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

What's the point of axe mode?
>>
>>389028041
To give the switch axe some flaws.
Its perfect otherwise.
>>
Did Miyazaki rip off monhun in Bloodborne?
>>
There is no point anymore. It's simply better and more expedient to draw into sword mode and refill phials when empty. They gave axe mode a fade slash, but until I see some motion values in axe mode, it's still going to be Morph Sword to me.
>>
>>389028041
So you can AXE that question.
AXE the question, get it.
Hehe, shieeet.
>>
>>389028892
rochelle pls
>>
>>389028041
better reach, too situational, fucking missed potential on the weapon, they could have made it have specific uses so you'd use both forms of the weapon
>>
File: latest[1].png (827KB, 733x878px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
827KB, 733x878px
What's the point of the blade mode?
>>
It would work better if there was no reload. I do love the reload mechanic and animation tho
>>
>>389028041
It was a badly desgined weapon made for the worst game of the series (before MHX was a thing, that is)

I actually think it's the only truly failed weapon concept of the game. It might as well just be a blade.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1600x1172px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1600x1172px
Because Axe mode X+A, A A A A A A, R, R, X, X, A, X, X is a stylish as fuck flow into sword mode
>>
>>389029992
To be able to do anything with the weapon
>>
File: latest[1].png (49KB, 238x236px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
49KB, 238x236px
What's the point?
>>
>>389030795
Bombs
>>
File: 1504352925830s.jpg (4KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1504352925830s.jpg
4KB, 125x123px
>>389030795
This you neanderthal
>>
>>389030795
the upper end of the left one, of course
>>
>>389030795
Flashbombing that fucking rathalos out of the air while the thought of sheathing your weapon has only started to cross your mind.
>>
>>389030795

you're meant to abuse items with it.
>>
>>389028041
What's the point of sword mode?
The game already have a giant sword weapon, why not just make the switchaxe an axe weapon instead?
>>
>>389029992
You may legitimately have brain damage if you think the two are even remotely comparable.
>>
>>389031203
They function completely differently. GS is all about big hits while Sword Mode SA is about sustained damage and phial shenanigans.
Though I agree that sword mode is too damn strong. I want a reason to use the axe.
>>
>>389031594
Well I think they are remotely comparable and I am certified by several doctors as not being braindamaged.
>>
>>389031594
>>389031912
Eh. They are REMOTELY comparable, and that's about it. As the other guy said - charge blade "CAN DO ANYTHING!!!" between the two modes, which is significantly more than the SWAX axe mode's enhanced reach being the only real advantage of using axe over sword. They're both technical weapons with two different forms, each being swords and axes, both using phials (in completely different ways) - that's pretty much where the comparisons end. And I love both of them
>>
>>389030795
IT'S TIME TO OIL UP
>>
>>389031878
I meant design wise, why add another giant sword weapon?
>>
>axe mode is one of the most fun weapons in the game
>have to spend 99% of the hunt in no fun sword mode

what a mistake
i just want an axe weapon without a stupid transforming gimmick
>>
>knocking wyverns out of the air
>chopping tails that aren't low to the floor
>nice forward lunge, even nicer underwater
>a fucking infinite combo with massive dps potential

If you're going to be a shitter, then stay away from the best weapon.
>>
>He doesn't realize the full potential of axe mode
Retards please go back to longswords.
>>
>>389028041
They added that crazy accelerating infinite axe combo in XX.
>>
Is MH4U playable on Citra yet?
I try playing it on my original 3DS but it hurts after 45 minutes, not to mention you can't see shit.
>>
>>389033770

i got the MHX grips from nipland and now my 3ds is legit the comfiest controller i own
>>
File: weightshift.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
weightshift.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>389028041
For SAF
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.