[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: justdiealready.jpg (91KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
justdiealready.jpg
91KB, 1200x675px
>game filled with scripted bullshit and bullet sponge
who the fuck ask for this?
>>
>>389023813
I honestly enjoy Umbrella Corps more than VII.
>>
File: 1504227087019.png (301KB, 472x605px) Image search: [Google]
1504227087019.png
301KB, 472x605px
>>389023813
It feels about as scripted as the classic REs if you ask me.
The only part I feel is too scripted is the opening simply because its annoying for replays and takes about 10 to 20 minutes to get a gun and start the game after that all the scripted movements last usually like a minute or shorter.
As for bullet sponge enemies dude this RE most RE monsters are bullet sponges.
Besides the conmen moulded can be killed with three well placed shots to the head or using better guns or stronger ammo types.
The only monster in the game that can classify as a bullet sponge is the fat moulded but their like mini bosses ad only show up like three times in the whole game.
>>
>>389023992
No one's buying you bait.
>>
>>389024181
I'm serious. UC isn't even that bad. I got it for $8, anyway, with DLC.
>>
>>389024227
How are you even playing it then? aren't the servers empty because nobody wanted to play it because its shit.
>>
>>389024379
Nah, people still play. Afternoon and late night/early morning are the best times.
>>
>>389024889
I just can't believe that you going to need to show me proof anyone is playing that crap because I have no idea why anyone would want to keep playing it.
>>
>>389023813
I guess... Maybe they should've left guns out altogether and focused on horror archetypes like being defenceless rather than having guns just because all other RE games had guns.

Scripted events really kill replayability for me. It's like going through an interactive movie. Yeah, all games have a point where you get to it and an enemy might appear or boss fight, but when you have the game play like this it feels... artificial? Shoehorned? Fake? Hard to describe but it doesn't really do games any favors, just makes it so that the game demands you memorize how it wants you to play and see the same thing over and over again, like watching a movie.

I don't know how to fix it. The whole premise is unappealing to me. I will even take 6 over this. At least I can get good at that game.
>>
File: 1502751925023.jpg (108KB, 1024x542px) Image search: [Google]
1502751925023.jpg
108KB, 1024x542px
>>389025189
>Maybe they should've left guns out altogether and focused on horror archetypes
Stopped reading right their.
RE7 being a stealth horror game was everyone feared it would be when it was coming out which luckily was not the case.
Why in gods name would you want more Outlast bullshit?
>>
>>389025189
you can dodge every non-cutscene attack in resident evil 7
>>
>>389025128
I played a few games yesterday, around 4pm.

It's really not that bad. Weapon variety could be better, and there should be a few more maps; but it offers a more fair experience than shooters like CoD.
>>
>>389023813
"re"7 is not a resident evil game.
>>
>>389023813
>>game filled with scripted bullshit and bullet sponge
So... a Resident Evil game.
>>
>>389023813
Haven't played it but let me guess. It's like that Aliens game where you're walking down a hallway and a pipe bursts and then you're walking down more hallways and another spooky happens, and then there's a big room that has one or two exists and sometimes you walk up to a person and talk to them but you can ignore them and do your own thing and then sometimes you shoot.

Accurate?
>>
>>389025638
>but it offers a more fair experience than shooters like CoD.
Not even that's true.
You really got to show me proof you or anyone is playing it because I honestly think your pulling a fast one on me.
>>
>>389025714
No not really.
Most of the game is about shooting.
Its nothing like alien.
>>
File: 1491780302290.jpg (33KB, 448x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491780302290.jpg
33KB, 448x439px
>>389025671
More of an RE game then 5 to 6.
Heck its even more like the classics then 4 and you know that's true.
>>
>>389025742
>Not even that's true
>your pulling
>>
>>389025864
>Heck its even more like the classics then 4 and you know that's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw9HIH8D9Y

Busted again Marketer-kun.
>>
>>389025742
This is not even english. Go read a fucking book before playing any more games you imbecile
>>
>>389025948
All I see is RE being dumb as usual.
All RE games are dumb so tell me what I'm missing here.
>>
>>389025948
Why do i see you in every RE thread crying about Marketer-kun?
What makes people who like 7 Marketer-kun anyways?
>>
>>389023813
It's apparently "return to the roots!", or as some GenZ kids now put it : "EXACTLY liek the OG RE1!".

it was shit.
>>
>>389027015
This.. but all resident Evil games are shit anyways.
>>
>>389023992
Okay that's just bad bait. UC is a buggy mess that runs on Unity, and it just feels like a janky TPS.
>>
>>389027965
>buggy
Never had any issues with it.
>janky
Nice opinion.
>>
I really enjoyed RE7. Mainly because it was exactly how I imagined it, and that's a classic RE game but from a different perspective. It's a game that's far from perfect, but I think it's a step in the right direction for the series. I want them to perfect this formula, and make a truly great game. This one is pretty good at the start, but after Marguerita the games quality starts dropping real fast. At least in my opinion.

I also have nothing against a pure classic RE game. I would welcome that with open arms, but I doubt they're ever gonna make a game in the old style. Not counting RE2 remake of course.
>>
>>389025714

No, Alien Isolation is actually fun. RE7 is just a scripted mess.

The whole game just plays itself with no challenge. It just gives you the illusion that you're playing a game.
>>
>>389028253
>a classic RE game but from a different perspective
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA
>>
>>389028536
That's how I felt at least.
>>
I see people complaining about scripted moments but I had plenty of great unscripted spooks as well.

>Sneaking around while Jack is on the prowl
>End up in a room with only a window and close door behind me.
>Investigate, thinking I'm safe
>"Eeeeeeethan!"
>Turn and see motherfucking Jack staring at me through the window
>He books it over to the room before I can escape and beats me to death.

I have other examples, but that scared the shit outta me because I thought I was safe.
>>
>>389028459
>illusion that you're playing a game.
What do people even mean by this?
By this logic classic RE is playing itself too.
>>
>>389025338
because I'd rather not shoot anything and instead focus on the horror aspect than face bulletsponges all day long
>>
>>389028641
/v/ overblows things a lot.
Besides the very scripted opening most the game is about the player making smart choices to survive.
You have to be good with your guns and ammo and health items otherwise the game will fuck you like classic RE.
>>
>>389028740
Well why are you playing RE then?
>>
>>389025864
>first person
>classic
>>
>>389028665

You can't die in this game unless you're abysmally bad at video games.

The original REs forced inventory management. This always gives your more than you'll ever need, even in madhouse difficulty

The final boss is just an interactive cutscene
>>
the game has absolutely shit enemy designs and variety
>>
>>389028853
Besides the perspective RE7 is almost exactly like the classics.
If RE7 was third person not one of you fags would be saying a thing.
>>
>>389028886
RE7 is about as hard as RE1 and 2.
The only RE game that ever kicked my ass was 3 and that's only if you intend to fight Nemesis
to get all his special items.
RE2 is my favourite one and that game is very easy besides like maybe the final boss.
The only thing I agree with is the final boss being shit.

>>
>>389028947
see
>>389028914

It feels like a budget spin-off.
>>
File: tumblr_on44c7bq2V1t66aclo4_400.gif (3MB, 268x272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on44c7bq2V1t66aclo4_400.gif
3MB, 268x272px
>>389028914
I thought the creature designs were affective.
It just needed more then the mold.
>>
>>389028886
>original REs forced inventory management
Maybe you just suck at those games or tried to kill everything in your way? In every single game they give you more than enough magnum ammo to make the final bosses a joke. Those bosses are still better than RE7 cutscene boss though, obviously.
>>
>>389029128
>humanoid black goo/tentacle monsters
About as scary as a damp towel.
>>
The hell's happened to that Redfield DLC? Wasn't it due like 3-4 months ago?
>>
>>389029257
To each their own I guess.
RE7 scared me more then most game released in the last few years.
>>
>>389029268
Halloween release probably
>>
>>389029268
It's supposed to be out by the end of the year, as early as October.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.