[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will you buy a Switch when it inevitably becomes a JRPG haven?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: nintendo-switch-modes.jpg (209KB, 1920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-modes.jpg
209KB, 1920x1000px
Will you buy a Switch when it inevitably becomes a JRPG haven?
>>
>inevitably
I mean vita is still getting tons of dungeon crawlers through 2018, on the offchance the switch gets some GOOD JRPGs and not trash like bravely default, I'll get one, for sure. I'd love to see a new xeno game that isn't some real time garbage on it.
>>
>>389022213
ill buy switch when it has games i want.
actually i lied, ill buy switch now so i can hack it and pirate the games i want later or if no games just homebrew i guess
>>
Isn't that Playstation Swap being announced soon? That's gonna kill any chance at JRPGs on the Switch.

I brought one mostly for Nintendo games and occassionally for indies I'm interested in that I can play portably. I'm also interested in SMT HD and Story of Seasons Switch.
>>
>>389022425
>playstation swap
what
that sounds retarded. I highly doubt they'd go for another handheld with how badly the vita failed in the west.
>>
>>389022526
I don't think Sony cares about it succeeding or even just making it's money back, I think it's more about throwing a wrench into the Switch's momentum, pretty typical Sony move.
>>
>>389022213
>inevitably
>JRPG haven
Hahahahahaha.
5 flavors of pokemon and occasional port like 'I'm Setsuna' doesn not JRPG heaven make.
>>
>>389022652
>they don't care about making money
yeah okay even if that was true, where's the source on this thing? I've never even heard of such a device. It's mind boggling. Especially such a blatant name steal from the switch, no way they'd do something that fucking dumb.
>>
>>389022806
I think Sorny just don't want to see Japanese studios and consumers go over to Nintendo, Some wanker has an inside line, he correctly predicted the announcement of the conference where it's being revealed, but that's all we've seen so far.
>>
File: PUgWS0E.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PUgWS0E.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>389022213
>inevitably becomes a JRPG haven?

I don't know if I'm getting older but if it's not FF or console SMT, I don't care. I'm sure XB2 will be good but they look too anime for me.
>>
>>389023062
Oh, just a leaker then. Possibility it exists but no fucking way they'd call it the swap.
And who knows, I think it's a horrible move, and they don't have to worry about people going over to the switch, the markets are entirely different, and always have been.Only way I see it actually sending any sort of threat to the switch is if they do some PS2 classics on it. So many people would fucking buy that device. SO many.
>>
>>389023158
With how small the PS4 slim is, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to cram in into a tablet.
>>
>>389023306
Nah, that doesn't seem viable. They'd probably want to cut costs and have a $199 system to compete with the 3DS, and totally shit on the switch's momentum in price advantage versus the competitors. Newer device = impulse buys always, but if it's cheaper, they could easily get parents buying it around christmas. Even without a sale I can see more people leaning towards whatever's cheaper.
>>
>>389023107
>if it's not FF or console SMT
Do I have good news for you...
>>
>>389023306
>need to add a battery and a screen
yeah nah
>>
>>389023107
Why would you want a shit game like FF15 on switch?
>>
>>389023107
>caring about kiddie shit like FF
Oh, yeah, you're really old.
>>
>>389023306
It consumes about ten times as much electricity as the Switch does. There's no way it can reasonably be used as a portable device.
>>
>>389023306
As much as people like to shit on the Switch it's about as good as it gets for something of that size and price.
>>
>>389023158
Sony definitely would have some worries about the Switch stealing games and their fanbases, not a definite worry but Sony have been known to throw out things that never get used just to stifle their opponents momentum.

>>389023306
Technology isn't magic.
>>
>>389024343
Nah it's about on par with a note 7. Minus the puffed up batteries.The joycons add a huge amount of cost to the switch.
>>
>>389024447
Obviously there would be some worries, but they'd be unfounded considering that never happened before, in fact, the opposite happened with the PSP, they stole absolute shitloads of devs who weren't interested in being constrained by nintendo. Only game stolen from sony platforms by nintendo is monhun, and in japan there's always been at least some sorta monhun game available on sony platforms.
>>
>>389024575
But without another Sony portable and the Switch not being severely limited power wise like the 3ds the Switch is in a position to slowly siphon away both fans and developers from Sony in Japan, it may not happen but now it can.
>>
File: 1484229269631.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1484229269631.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Tell me when it gets SaGa.
>>
>>389024717
>not being severely limited power wise
it's incredibly limited power wise. Yes, even in japan. It might have some indie devs moving over to it from the vita, but they'd be fools to not have games on PS4 as well. Tons of jap games are being made to appeal to the western market nowadays, or at least, keeping it in mind. the switch is still missing out on tons of games from japan, I mean, go look at the list of games announced at TGS last year and there's less than 10% that have since been confirmed to have switch support. It's hilarious. They don't care about the switch until it has some big blockbuster. Pokemon will do it, but that's still potentially a year or more out.
>>
>>389024885
It isn't limited power wise, and yes I'm talking primarily about Vita devs, not Square Enix, not Sega, not Namco, Vita niche developers who provide a small stream of titles that fill in gaps on consoles and occasionally make something that finds larger appeal.

The PS4 will undersell the Switch in Japan by quite a margin, and the Switch isn't so underpowered that games aren't limited mechanically, and visuals aren't so far off that it exists as an unappealing platform like the 3ds. I'm not saying that developers won't aim for PS4 as well but the Switch is positioned to siphon off developers from Sony, simply because it's a portable in a market with 0 competition and no real limitations.
>>
>>389025319
>the ps4 will undersell the switch in japan
what
>>
>>389025406
The PS4 will sell less than the Switch in Japan, I don't know how I can further clarify that fact.
>>
>>389023107
>if it's not FF
your issue isn't age, it's that you're on the cusp of being a normalfag
FF is trash seriously what is wrong with you
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.