[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doom 3DO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 3do_doom_cover.jpg (27KB, 250x477px) Image search: [Google]
3do_doom_cover.jpg
27KB, 250x477px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhadJjiBF2I&list=PLBA452367F52CD16D&index=1

>worst port of the game
>somehow has the best version of the soundtrack
>>
>worst port

it's better than doom on graphing calculator, camera, or printer
>>
BRRRRRRAAAAAAAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oyweqZ7WM
>>
>>389022042

How did the fucking Jaguar manage to have the smoothest running (and fullscreen) port of Doom out of every console from that gen except the PS1?

Every other console it was ported to in that gen had more power than Jaguar but still didn't manage to run Doom even close to as well.
>>
thank anon, Ive probably listened to the doom1 soundtrack hundreds of times, but I mostly listened to remixes and stuff, or the weird versions

its nice to heard this one again, improved but still 100% faithful to the original midi

just by listening to this, I don't have to explain why I hate military babysitters so much, they're faggy, weak little games, that can never measure up
>>
>>389022194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG8RAbWs1yo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlu7LwdrWZw
>>
>>389022042
>worst port of the game
It literally is not.
>>
>>389022982

Which port was worse in that generation, taking into account the limits of the hardware it was on? Doom SNES looked worse, granted, but pushed the SNES impressively hard.

3DO on the other hand should've been able to run Doom fullscreen 30fps no problem. Same with 32X and Saturn, yet they all failed miserably.
>>
>>389022042
Better than the Saturn port, which was a port of the Playstation version but without colored lighting effects and ran with only one processor instead of two because Carmack's autism demanded they not use both the Saturn processors for some reason. Also I'm pretty sure it runs entirely though software rendering.
>>
The team that ported Doom to 3DO only had 10 weeks to program the game so it ended up running at a shit framerate.
>>
>>389023392
>Also I'm pretty sure it runs entirely though software rendering.

...All versions of Doom did. It wasn't a true 3D engine, there was no way for a GPU to accelerate it without converting everything to polys like modern source ports do, plus there were no 3D accelerator cards available when Doom came out.
>>
>>389023236
>Which port was worse in that generation
Sega Saturn
>>
>>389023486
The Playstation version doesn't run though software.
>>
>>389023624

Nigga surely you jest, it ran about as well in fullscreen as the 3DO version ran in that forced windowed mode
>>
Seriously what is 3do ?
>>
It was an obscure game system from the 90s made by the guy who founded EA that was set to be a major competetor to Sega and Nintendo but flopped majorly.
>>
>>389024031

Coke fueled 1990s corporate hubris, the console.
>>
>>389024162
>>389024221
I don't find that hard to believe.
The Saturn had way better hardware as i see now on wikipedia and Nintendo developed their own games isntead of waiting others to port their shit on the SNES.

I hate the japs but they played the right cards there
>>
>>389024031
>>389024162
>>389024221
the original xbox hueg

I'm trying to find the "you need a set of these to play 3DO" with a picture of balls of steel but I can't surprisingly
>>
File: neo geo.jpg (191KB, 469x640px) Image search: [Google]
neo geo.jpg
191KB, 469x640px
>>389024378
Because you are thinking of the wrong console.
>>
>>389024531
Is this were dark souls stole their marketing ideas ?

Seriously ,"prepare to die edition" is the most tryhard edgy thing ive seen become so popular. I bet they sold a fraction of the eventual sales before that was a thing
>>
>>389022291
Something about the strange architecture activated Carmacks programing autism.

There is a interview where he states that a few small changes would of put it in competition with the PlayStation
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.