[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't it dethrone Smash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

Why didn't it dethrone Smash?
>>
>>389013868
it bad
>>
>>389013868
shit character roster, DmC Dante, bad levels, bad music, shit UI, menus, requiring supers to kill enemies, stunlocking, low amount of characters to use, etc.

Shouldn't get a sequel
>>
Because they're two games on two different consoles?
>>
>>389013868
All it takes is a one second glance at the cover to know why.
>>
It should've just gone all the way and comletely rip off the smash bros. gameplay. The "Only Supers Can Kill" shtick was retarded, especially considering how unbalanced everyone's supers were.

Oh, and the roster sucked ass.
>>
File: 1418216474829.jpg (388KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418216474829.jpg
388KB, 1280x720px
>superbot shut down due to how shit this game was
>gets handed to santa monica
>makes kratos busted as fuck
>adds another GoW character
>>
>>389013868
Because they made it a fighting game with party game mechanics. This meant it wasn't unusual to have good players do a single combo that would fill up a bar and kill you. Afterwards it became a game of keep away and throwing out fakes until you could land your hit-confirm into a combo and kill the other guy.
>>
>>389013868
Its like they tried to make smash, but without:
>good characters
>good gameplay
Take any of those 2 away from smash and you've got a shit game.
>>
>>389013868
The PS3 had real fighting game people could be playing instead.
>>
>>389013868
It's an obvious ripoff that failed to improve on the original in any way. Not to mention the roster sucked, lacking iconic characters like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake etc. instead had shit like Big Daddy, Raiden and Donte.
>>
File: 1433186685946.gif (239KB, 224x198px) Image search: [Google]
1433186685946.gif
239KB, 224x198px
>>389016754
>yfw the next smash gets spyro and crash as guest characters
>>
File: 1459589549490.jpg (225KB, 959x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459589549490.jpg
225KB, 959x960px
>>389017530
>and it will be their skylanders versions
>>
>>389017530
I know there's Skylanders but Crash seems more likely because of the remake (e.g. Cloud).
>>
>>389017664
I said smash
>sakurai ever accepting shitty designs
>>
>>389013868
>playstation "all stars"
Gee i wonder
>>
>>389017664
If there's one thing Smash does well, it's sticking to good designs for characters. Pac-man, Megaman, Cloud, all the good shit.
Shame about Ganon/Zelda/Link using the TP designs, though.
>>
>>389017869
Their TP designs are their best ones
>>
No Dart.
>>
>>389017885
Ganon, maybe. Link's best design is definitely OOT Adult Link, though. I like BoTW Link a lot but he didn't exist when Smash 4 happened. Zelda's kind of a tossup. It's pretty obvious that they all use their TP designs because TP came out near Brawl, though.
>>
>>389013868
terrible mechanics, boring characters, blatant rip off
im glad this shit failed.
>>
File: Hypernova 2.jpg (276KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova 2.jpg
276KB, 560x560px
aside from online Smash 64 had more content than allstars
>>
>Balance is completely screwed, some characters have massive super gain and clearly overpowered attacks on top of way better supers than others (Kratos and Nate come to mind) while others are basically unusable (Sly and Prappa come to mind as having just terrible combos, super gain, and supers)
>Game is based around scoring from super kills for whatever asinine reason because they don't want to be called a Smash clone when it very much is and the entire system just makes for a much slower and less fun game overall.
>DmC instead of DMC
>Big Daddy is some sort of classic Sony character when it was 360's for years.
>No Spyro
>No Crash
>Barely anything from PS1 and PS2 days.
It was just stupidity all around.
>>
>>389014148
Pretty much this
It had potential but they fucked it up
>>
anyone still playing ?
trying to get the "play a ranked game" trophy but I can't find a game
>>
>>389019010
Game's deader than vanilla Brawl.
>>
>want to play sir Daniel
>his level 1 super is aiming up, so theres no way I can hit an opponent unless by chance he's jumping

and it's the same with most characters, a couple are OP, and the rest are just garbage
>>
File: who the fuck is neptune.jpg (317KB, 391x3798px) Image search: [Google]
who the fuck is neptune.jpg
317KB, 391x3798px
>>
>>389013868
"We're going to make the game asthetic look like Smash bros , but it's going to play more like a legitimate fighting game. Also damage doesn't matter and you have to kill with supers. Oh and Kratos and Raiden exist. Even after we nerf them both three times they'll still remain top/upper tier because fuck it."

That's why.
>>
File: kirby-pacman.jpg (120KB, 688x387px) Image search: [Google]
kirby-pacman.jpg
120KB, 688x387px
>>389017664

Sakurai wouldn't put up with that shit for a second.

> Pac-Man’s design was updated in a 2013 CGI cartoon titled, “Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.” This new design has been used in a variety of products. But in the end I felt that his old-school design was better, and used that in the design plan. If that was rejected, I thought about dropping Pac-Man altogether.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/614883557652172800/photo/1
>>
To many LITERALLY WHOS?
>>
>>389013868
The cover alone is enough warning.

>Playstation "All Stars"
>The only characters in the game I actually care about are Sir Dan and Spike
>Meanwhile fucking Nintendo "All stars" has Ryu, Bayo and fucking Cloud, literally one of the most well known Sony characters and easily the face of the PS1 along with Crash and Lara Croft
>>
>>389020478
>smash gets snake
>pasbr gets raiden
>>
>>389013868
Look at the roster
Exactly
>>
>>389013868
>Roster is already shit with a lot of wasted potential
>Cole and evil Cole are in it
>Fucking Crash Bandicoot isn't in it
>Characters like Fat Princess that haven't done anything impressive are on there
>Almost everyone's artstyle clashes horribly
>Gameplay is alright at best
Compared to Smash
>Roster of beloved Nintendo characters, if you had a childhood favorite they're more than likely on there
>Huge selection of stages
>Unified artstyle
>Gameplay is fun
>>
>>389020545
>tfw we could have gotten Snake in 4 but Sakurai never approached Kojima
>We could have had a fucking Playstation battle of Cloud vs Snake in a Nintendo game
>>
>>389020732
>Roster of beloved Nintendo characters, if you had a childhood favorite they're more than likely on there

This right here. They still had advertising slots like Robin, Corrin, Shulk, Greninja and the like, but still kept lots of slots for franchise vets. Same with the older games like with Melee advertising Roy's FE Binding Blade while still keeping the vets in the spotlight.

PS All Starts was mostly recent games or popular multiplat games and the game was more of a giant advertisment to get PS3 games. I'm impressed characters like Sir Daniel Fortesque and Spike even made it in considering what the roster is.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.