[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

level with me, /v/ is this actually good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
level with me, /v/
is this actually good?
>>
play skyrim instead
>>
>>389008189
Yea man... But it's not the best Zelda. Its a fun game.
>>
>>389008189
It's very very good but don't play like a faggot. If you go in expecting to be able to do whatever you want all the time you'll miss the point and get so annoyed with weapons breaking and the existence of the stamina meter and climate system that you'll think it's vastly overrated. Understand that you have to work for what you want in this game.
>>
File: journalistic_integrity.jpg (117KB, 433x974px) Image search: [Google]
journalistic_integrity.jpg
117KB, 433x974px
It's good, but it isn't as great as the critics are making it out to be. I thought after what happened with Skyward Sword people would learn to stop buying into ((gaming journalist)) scores.

It's basically Skyrim, but prettier to look at, less side content/story but with a better combat system. The million samey Draugr crypts are replaced by a million shrine crypts with the same music and theme, but I prefer them to most other open world side-dungeons since most of them are pretty fun and inoffensive at worst.
>>
>>389008189
Yes
>>
>>389008189
Yeah, it's very good. I don't think it deserves anywhere near the amount of praise its getting tho
>>
>>389008189
Yes, it's good.
Just take it for what it is and don't expect 10/10 to mean 'specifically made for me to love every aspect' or you'll get disappointed.
>>
>>389008189
Yes, but you should never trust any future game that claims to take inspiration from it, even another Zelda game. It's formula is volatile and hard to properly replicate, and even it suffers from issues in balancing between two extremes
>>
File: 1504142240083.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504142240083.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
2017 has blessed us with two GOAT games.
Those games are Prey and BOTW.
It doesn't get better than BOTW. Almost everything about it is perfect. I had monumental expectations for this game, and after being let down by my last highly anticipated game (Dark Souls 3), I was EXTREMELY surprised by how good BOTW was.
Plus, Link is confirmed canonically thick.
>>
>>389008189
it's a mixed bag. somethings are godlike (ie the map actually feels like a country that people use to live in) and some things are absolutely god awful. (enemy variety)

but for what its worth its much better then skyward sword.
>>
>>389008189

No.
>>
>>389008189
Play any ass creed game instead
>>
>>389008189
As someone who only expected a goodish zelda game, I got a lot more. My recommendation is either emulate it for Wii U or buy a switch and play it, it is absolutely worth your time to try it. As a heads up, at least progress the main story a little bit before you go out an explore wherever the fuck you want, the village offers a lot of useful stuff that will make things a lot more convenient
>>
>>389008189
Yes, great sense of exploration. Going from point A to point B feels like a journey, that is until you can just teleport anywhere, but when you make your way to major villages and sheikah towers for the first time, it's great.
Trailing mountains and collecting food all while hunting animals and giant bosses then arriving at a stable where you'll meet new people, hear stories and rumours and try out new dishes.
That part of the game, I really liked.
>>
Get the game for Curvy Link. You can literally see it. He's got a skinny waist, breeding hips and thick thighs.
10/10 character design ALONE is enough to warrant a playthrough.
>>
File: TRUE VIDYA.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TRUE VIDYA.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>389008189
Yes.
>>
>>389008189
Good concept but lackluster execution. Not awful but not great either. Don't expect a masterpiece.
>>
>>389008189
Very good, even.

However, if you have open world fatigue or want a OOT-style Zelda game I wouldn't recommend it. If not, go for it. It's a fantastic game.
>>
>>389008189
its ok but could have been a lot more.
the map itself is great but nintendo didn't add enough content to fill it like normal open world game would do.
the dungeons are also detached from the map and lacking.
>>
>>389008189
yes
>>
>>389008189
Yes, unless you are severely autistic and can't stand change. Then you might end up making a 2 hour long youtube critique about how much Nintendo is legally obligated to remake ALTTP.
>>
The exploration is pretty damn good, if you're not sick of open world games yet it's worth playing.
>>
Yes. It does for open world what Ocarina of Time did for 3D: definitely not the first game to do it, but sets the bar all other games will aspire to for the next 10 years.

Map is handcrafted and beautiful. The wildlife and weather effects are enough to make each location a different experience every time you traverse it. For example, areas look different dry vs. light rain vs. heavy rain which forms pools in depressions in the ground and can completely change the landscape.

he dungeons are very short, but represent level design at its peak: each one is an extremely cohesive structure inside and out, with multiple ways to complete them, which is also attributable to an extremely cohesive physics sandbox where everything works in an expected way. Speaking of physics, nothing is a QTE. For example, once I encountered an enemy with a bow and arrow and a flaming bat at the same time. By an arbitrary stroke of luck the enemy shoots his arrow towards me passing through the bat and it gets engulfed in flames turning into a fire arrow. In any other game it would be a cutscene, in this game it's just a random occurrence made possible by very consistent physics.

As for problems, the main one is that Switch is an underpowered piece of shit so the game suffers from graphical issues: occasionally poor textures, some pop-in, and a jarring lack of anti-aliasing. Framerate issues were fixed in all but basically one area by patches, so performance is fine, it's just graphics that aren't great. Art direction is superb though. Adding to the atmosphere, the town and dungeon music is phenomenal.

The other main problem is lack of enemy variety. But I think it's forgivable considering how much time was spent on everything else. Now that the groundwork is there, hopefully the next Zelda that uses the same engine can focus on building up enemy variety.
>>
>>389008189
Sure, on my opinion, it is one of the best exploration games there are. But better play it yourself and make your own opinion.
>>
File: 1441585581586.png (527KB, 644x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1441585581586.png
527KB, 644x1040px
>>389008189

Yeah, it's pretty good, but what pisses me off is that they dropped the ball in so many places it's not even funny. Don't get me wrong, they got so much right, but at the same time they could've done better in a lot of departments. If they really put some thought into everything else and kept everything they did right as it is, or even improved, it would easily be GOTY, maybe decade, and if they're lucky, easy 99 metascore.

on one hand, I want some real dungeons. No less than six. 8-9 optimal. might be tough under an open world, though. I'd also like to see some progression. if they're gonna go for the "wild approach" again, let us revive some old villages. like Tarrey Town, but more of them, and better requirements than "get this much wood, and a guy named ______"

Some spells would be neat. Din's Fire and shit. Maybe some Twili magic to substitute fast travel, so as to limit it in some way. you know, give people incentive to travel. Make combat better in the late-game, without adding HP sponges like the Gold Bokos.

SOMEHOW fix durability. I, and most people would say get rid of it altogether, and while that is a fantabulous idea, I will say I really liked trying about a bunch of neato weapons, and making them permanent would just be like "why tho", you know?

i dunno. maybe im spouting nonsense. I know jack about game design sooo
>>
>>389008189
Yes.
>>
Good game but by far the most overrated game of the year. It's a solid 7/10.
>>
One of the few open world done right.
Only had very few issues with it.
Not enough enemy variety
Not enough dungeons
Music is rarely found, considering it's zelda, each area should have a constant theme, not 5 second tunes now and then.
>>389014512
Durability is one of the best aspects of the game, it makes even the shittiest weapon always useful
>>
File: 53f.jpg (27KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
27KB, 600x765px
>go to top of hill
>nothing ontop of it
>guy on plain below
>go down hill
>talk to guy
>lets race
>go up hill
>has rocks and enimes now
>walk past enemies and boulders roll with bad timingso i dont even need to swerve
>win race and get something irrelevant

10/10 goty
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.