[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the fatal frame games? Is it worth to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

What do you think about the fatal frame games?
Is it worth to play since the first one?
I'm into games like Silent Hill, Haunting Ground, Outlast..
>>
>>388997856

Yes, very much.
>>
They are good. After FF try the Siren series.
>>
>>388997856
>Outlast
>game
>>
>Censored as fuck.
>>
Outlast and western games are shit

FF are very good, especially the 2nd game
>>
>>388997856
If you can, get the first two on the OG Xbox.

Also >>388998095 is right, try Forbidden Siren as well.
>>
File: Fatal Frame V.jpg (48KB, 646x325px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal Frame V.jpg
48KB, 646x325px
>>
Is this the series where a school field trip went to some abandoned hospital or something? remember seeing a stream of it years ago but I never remembered what game it was
>>
C'mon, I really enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the game (outlast), and furthermore the plot, experiments involving lucid dreams and sht
>>
Huge fan.
Playing the first 3 games with my friends were one of my most fondest memories of my teenage life.
>>
>>388998447

Are you thinking of DreadOut?
>>
Great example of a truly great series of games that gradually degenerated after the first two, now they're bland garbage anime waifu trash.
>>
>>388998572
Just youtubed it. yeah that's it! Thanks anon. Kinda wondering if I should buy it or just watch it on youtube, is it good?
>>
skip 1, it has aged horribly. 2,3 and 4 are great however. I haven't played 5 so I couldnt tell you.
>>
>>388998674
I honestly like 3 the most. 2 is my second favorite. I don't know why people don't like 3. I thought the atmosphere was amazing and the transitioning to Rei's apartment and how it at times felt more unnerving being there than the manor. Along with how the ghosts would start to trickle into the real world. My favorite bit was when you enter Rei's bedroom at one particular moment but the PoV is suddenly switched to from under her desk and you're looking at her as you hear this creepy breathing. That was kino.
>>
>>388998945
Dreadout? No.
>>
>>388999527
>No.
Damn, I liked the intro
>>
>>388998998
I don't really care for the graphics, if that's the reason u said to skip it
I just bought Obscure at Steam and I'm kinda anxious to play it.
>>
>>388998945

Dreadout? Yes.
>>
Fatal Frame 1-3 are fucking god tier and are legit one of the scariest games I've played.
>>
>>388998945
PWYW on Humble Bundle, give it a try
>>
>>388998095
OP, if you do by any chance get into the Siren series, just be aware they're genuinely fucking hard. Also expect britbong dubs.
>>
File: 1474751874153.jpg (66KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474751874153.jpg
66KB, 306x306px
>>388997856
The first Fatal Frame probably had the most effective scares I've ever seen in a horror game.

But I also find the maps and combat convoluted and frustrating enough that I've never actually finished it.
>>
Love 'em. I think they're all worth at least one playthrough.
>>
>>388999860
1 plays poorly, that's probably why he said to skip it.
>>
>>389002593

1 is the best outright horror game of the lot, though. The mansion has a much drearier atmosphere than the sequels and it's easily the most challenging of the games.
>>
>>389002593
correct. it plays so poorly it actually breaks immersion. shit like like wasting film trying to swat flying ghost heads is something they wisely did away with.
>>
>>388997856

First three Fatal Frames are fantastic. Some of the best survival horror games ever.

I haven't played four because it was on Nintendo Normiebox and I'd never buy one of those.

I haven't played five because Nintendo censored the slut costumes from it and replaced them with Link and Mario cosplay, something that's unforgivable.
>>
>>389002593

Fatal Frame 1 is the best of the bunch probably, only a total retard would skip it.
>>
>>388998998
>skip 1, it has aged horribly

Go fuck yourself with your bad advice. 1 is the purest FF experience of all.
>>
>>388997856
I bought another ps2 just for the 3 project zero games + the baldurs gate games.
>>
>>389004231
>>389004308

For a second there I thought I was surrounded by people with no taste. Y'all are alright.
>>
>>388999207
fucking this. absolutely loved 3 out of all of them. the candle mechanic which was the only thing that protected you from the main antagonist in the mansion and when you didnt have it she is actually roaming the map randomly. Hearing her calling out and looking for you while you were in the adjacent room was brick shitting inducing, let alone when she actually proclaims she finds you and then the whole screen goes black and white and the music just cuts.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.