[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Red Dead Redemption so addicting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Landscape.nekoti.jpg (547KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Landscape.nekoti.jpg
547KB, 1280x718px
Because of the hype for RDR2, I am revisiting this game, and it's crazy how fun and addictive it is. For some reason I just keep playing it and it feels like it has so much to do, moreso than most open world games. I love the fame/honor systems, the hunting and animal locations, all the random events, the poker/blackjack/liars dice, bounty hunting...It just feels like it's so easy to get lost in this game, plus it's just easy to move around and ride the horse.

Anyone else know what I mean? This game has a quality to it that just makes it feel so fun and addicting. There's a lot of little touches and the gameplay concepts are put together in such a way that it always feels fresh and fun
>>
>>388979407
I know how you feel, anon, and also, doing the extra stuff around the world doesn't feel like a chore, it's just really fun to walk around, explore, hunt, everything feels organic.
Also, the challenges were also pretty great.
One of the few open-world games that i think was done right.
>>
>>388979407

Also the realistic topography makes it feel really immersive. There is nothing comfier than Tall Trees
>>
I am confident there is no chance that RDR2 will be as good.
>>
>>388979407
It's a western GTA. That should tell you enough. Plus you have to consider that for some strange reason, western games are really rare/uncommon.
>>
>>388980789

Everyone is worried about the online. But Im more worried that the focus on multiple characters (probably?) will diminish it. And I'm worried they will remove a lot of the features like dueling, hunting, poker, etc.

Here is one of my concerns: they know everyone loved the moment when you enter Mexico so they will focus on making the game really cinematic like that, instead of focusing on the more fun, smaller gameplay moments that make the game so playable.
>>
I'm about 3 trophies from the plat, but since the online is fucked I'm never gonna get it
>>
>>388980789
I'm starting to feel that way too, especially after getting my second 100% in RDR recently. It's not a perfect game by any means, but I don't think it'll be a simple matter of fixing some things and adding a bunch of shit that's in GTA 5, which is what I'm sure they're planning on doing. I suppose we'll see, I'm still really optimistic.
>>
File: 1473565258267.png (346KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473565258267.png
346KB, 640x360px
>>388979407
I just want the PC port so I can play it again.
At 60FPS. Turns out Rockstar is really fucking good at storytelling when they're not making meme games.
>>
It's utter trash
>>
>>388981125
I hope they ditched the online altogether and focused on the singleplayer fully.. It would only work if they add a bunch of MMO-like features, and there's no way they'd do it.

But given the success of GTA Online, they're probably gonna focus on it, and that's why I'm pretty pessimistic about the game.
>>
>>388981712

i like how non-edgy the game is. i also like how nuanced everything is; the conversations in mexico about the revolution show you how both sides have a point and the fault in both sides. most games would just treat the rebels as the automatic good guys
>>
>Red Dead Redemption 2
>not Revolution, Renegade, Revenge, Retribution, or Rebellion
>>
>>388982960
>Revengeance
>>
Because is a comfy Western game
>>
File: Gun_Coverart.jpg (26KB, 256x316px) Image search: [Google]
Gun_Coverart.jpg
26KB, 256x316px
Post kino Western game
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>388984306
Town With no Name: the greatest Western of all time.
>>
File: header (5).jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (5).jpg
54KB, 460x215px
GOD TIER GAME
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.