[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the worst game in the entire Metal Gear franchise by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 17

File: Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (18KB, 294x339px) Image search: [Google]
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg
18KB, 294x339px
This is the worst game in the entire Metal Gear franchise by such a long shot that it's not even up for debate. This game ruined the entire series. Do not reply to this thread. Let it archive with 0 replies. For this is the truth and there is nothing to argue.
>>
I agree ..................................
>>
>>388975719
Wrong.
>>
I returned my ps3 the next day after playing mgs4 piece of shit console and game
>>
>>388975719

nope, its mgs5. Kojima left his legacy with a stain of shit after the masterpiece of MGS4.
>>
>>388975719
why do you feel that way, anon?
>>
File: aqcrv9dbyl6p60qac0mn.jpg (100KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
aqcrv9dbyl6p60qac0mn.jpg
100KB, 800x450px
MGSV released two years ago today. Now that the dust has settled, what does /v/ think of it?
>>
It's true. You'd have to be a brain dead Kojimadrone to say otherwise. TPP's story was trash but at least it was fun to play.
>>
>>388976142
>after the masterpiece of MGS4
Die
>>
>>388976279
Gameplay's good, story's bad as a whole.
Skullface was a weakly motivated villain.
I played through every MGS game aside from this one and have still spent far more time just playing this.

it feels like a completely different game to the rest of the series, but that's not explicitly in a bad way.
>>
>>388976279
STANDING
>>
>>388976348
Not to mention TPP's story is completely irrelevant and barely changes a thing. It can be ignored as some meaningless side story. MGS 4, on the other hand, makes sure it shits all over the story established by the previous games, giving the series an awful conclusion.
>>
>>388976279
>>388976473
Characters, dialogue and themes are great but it's fucking unfinished so we're left feeling so unsatisfied.
>>
>>388976348
The gameplay was the worst thing about TPP. The most enjoyable part of playing MGS games was always the memorable boss fights, but TPP didn't have any, just the same bland open world shit you do in every other game these days. It could have just been a third-person Far Cry game.
>>
>>388976348
Not fun enough if you ask me. 4 has at least 2 or 3 areas where I can fuck around and really dive deep into the game systems. V is always the same boring slog. Fultoning is the worst shit ever and Motherbase is an eternal reminder of what could have been.
>>
>>388975719
Agreed.

>>388976236
>Only substantial acts of gameplay are 1 and 2
>Tons of plot contrivances that only exist so the game can exist: CODEC team from Snake Eater being the Patriots, Big Boss never died at Outer Heaven and was kept alive through nano machines and reconstruction through Liquid and Solidus' bodies, Naomi is now a world class computer scientist despite dedicating her entire life to being a geneticist
>Psycho Mantis' regrets of not using his powers for good retconned for no reason
>Patriots experiment on Raiden despite already having said technology during the events of MGS2.
>Vamp's powers being hand waved with nano machines when there was never a reason to explain them to begin with
>A literal joke character is now an important character and marries Meryl
MGS4 is hot garbage through and through.
>>
>>388975719
Nice reverse psychology fuckface. It worked on me.
>>
File: stupid turd.jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
stupid turd.jpg
56KB, 800x450px
>guise i think the fistfight at the end was so frigging win
>hehe and holy crappers!!! big boss shows up O_O and he gives a big nonsensical plot exposition
>so epic...
>this is good, isn't it?
What fate do you give this cancerous kind of MGS fan? Remember, a simple quick execution is too merciful.
>>
>>388976279
fun before you realize how repetitive it is. Plot is fucking nothing and might as well be forgotten
>>
>>388976279

trash. absolute trash
>>
File: Decline-of-MGS.jpg (3MB, 1512x5411px) Image search: [Google]
Decline-of-MGS.jpg
3MB, 1512x5411px
Might as well post it, how's it feel knowing there will never be anything like MGS 1-3 again?
>>
MGS4 > MGSV
>>
>>388975719

Someone's thirsty for some (You) action.
>>
>>388976968
Hahahaha. Good one, anon.
>>
>>388976832
>>388976842
>>388976529
>never played metal gear
MGSV connected MGS and MG only pleebs don't know this
>>
>>388976660
MGS4 does kind of feel like a game that was made to cash in on the popularity of Big Boss now that he was seen as a cool protgaonist type guy who had better gameplay than Solid Snake did up to that point.
>>
I can accept 4, warts and all, as an ending to the series. PW and V are just unnecessary and make the already stupidly complicated backstory even more so.
>>
>>388977040

what does that have to do with it not being TRASH NIGGA.

The retcons were stupid as fuck.
>>
File: Eight (8) hours of cutscenes.png (378KB, 689x140px) Image search: [Google]
Eight (8) hours of cutscenes.png
378KB, 689x140px
>/v/ suddenly likes MGS 4
>>
>>388977040
Wow it explains how Big Boss "survives" MG1 and nothing else how fucking incredible
>>
>>388976279
I loved it. When GZ came out I was stuck with it for a good while before V so I got very good at it, learned to have fun with the game itself in several ways, I got 100%. Then V came out and I just wanted more game to play, people tend to nor like it because they wanted more cutscenes and story. I didn't have this problem and loved the tapes, gameplay, and thought the cutscenes were plenty.

The Paz side mission was awesome, the quarantine mission, anything with Skull Face was interesting because he was just a fun villain, the truth tapes did a lot to connect characters and events and give more insight.. I thought it was good.

I just wish there was a NG+, I don't like picking and choosing mission to replay I need progression.
>>
there are people right now in there very thread breathing the same fucking air as you who havent played mgs 4 and formulated their opinions based on other peoples opinions
>>
>>388977072
>I can accept 4, warts and all, as an ending to the series
That's terrible, anon. What mental disease ills you?
>>
Fact: Anyone who says MGS4 is worse than MGSV has never played it.
>>
>>388977114
This is a long running joke in the series, nobody really cares because it's what the games are known for. Is this supposed to be some kind of blow? I love the cutscenes, I watch them all everytime for every game.
>>
ITT: People who couldn't afford a PS3 back when MGS4 came out and are still bitter about it
>>
>>388977114
I'd take tons of cutscenes over shoving the story into audiotapes.
>>
>>388976959
the gameplay of 1 and 2 feels super archaic, 3's when the gameplay got good.
>>
>>388976142
Lol, no. V has it's problems but it's obvious that it could have been amazing. It just wasn't finished. I loved what bits of story we actually got, and the settings were unique and interesting.

4 doesn't have a good core, it's shit by nature. Kojimbo didn't get shafted on time or money. MGS4 is a lemon because of the goal Koji set out to accomplish: tie up every last string possible and put a cap on the far end of the MGS timeline. Only acts 1 and 2 are actually great - 3 is just terrible, 4 is good but could have been better, and 5 has some decent moments but the ending is totally botched.
>>
>>388977284
>I love the cutscenes that constantly take control away from me from what little gameplay there already is in this game and shit all over the story of this series, turning it into fanfiction tier shit
Good for you
>>
>>388977114

>an actual story
>versus FUCKING AUDIO TAPES

wow, I'm shocked.
>>
4 has awful writing but at least it has emotion behind it. I can't say the same for V.
>>
Indisputable fact number one: The only people that are alright with MGS 4's lack of gameplay are people that spent a fuckload of time playing and enjoying MGO 2

Indisputable fact number two: The only people that spent a fuckload of time playing and enjoying MGO 2 were way too poor to afford a PC and the much superior shooter experiences it had at the time.
>>
File: nibba.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nibba.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>388975719
Sorry guys, wrong pic.
>>
>>388977607
>Kojima meant well when he was raping MGS with 4. He jizzed so much. There's passion behind the act. He did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 2708326-peace-walker-poster.png (2MB, 1440x893px) Image search: [Google]
2708326-peace-walker-poster.png
2MB, 1440x893px
>>388977791
Whoops, keep messing up.
>>
>>388977840
Just like Skullface and Paz
>>
>>388977452
3 is where the gameplay went to shit. The more simplistic stealth of MG2, GB, MGS, and MGS2 was more fun than slowly crawling around everywhere and digging through menus.
>>
I actually enjoyed 4, I enjoyed all the others more
though. I actually preferred audio tapes to endless
cutscenes because you can keep playing and choose how much story you absorb. 1 will always be my favourite due to how different, inventive and immersive it was for my young self. I still Remember figuring out changing controller ports and shitting myself at the invisible dudes in the elevator.
>>
>>388977117
MGSV has a mostly shit story but there wasn't anything left to explain.
>>
>>388977791
>>388977851
4 ruined the series
By the time PW and V were released, the series had already been ruined by 4
You can't ruin what's already ruined
And thus, MGS 4 is objectively the worst game of the series.
>>
>>388975719
MGS4 is only a narrative mess because it had to clean up the shit left behind by MGS2
>>
>>388977053
>MGS4 does kind of feel like a game that was made to cash in on the popularity of Big Boss
Hideo Kojima stated in an interview that 4 was literally made because everyone wanted answers to the mysteries in 2 and 3.

Why else would he say "did you like it?"
>>
One of the best games ever made.
>>
>>388978045
Which was never meant to be answered in the first place, MGS4 is the most forced game I've ever played.
>>
Touku touku hanarete ite mo
Kimi no moto e tsudzuiteku michi
Hana yo kaze yo mai chiru yume yo
Todokete inori no uta

Yuugure ni somaru machi
Itsumo miteita kimi no egao
Futo sora wo miageru tori
Sonosaki ni mieru no wa mirai?

Itsuka hitori tabidatsu kimi
Nani ga atte mo

Douka douka kanaete hoshii
Taiyou no hikari wo chikara ni shite

Todokete inori no uta

Akiru hodo hashagi nagara
Nando mo kaita onaji mirai

Sabishisa wo tomo ni idaite
Ikisaki no nai tabi ni deru

Itsuka itsuka tadori tsuku kimi
Donna ni natte mo
Dou ka dou ka wasurenaide
Yasashisa nukumori aisuru omoi

Konomama konomama watashi wa koko de
Haruka kanata kimi wo mitodoke
Nagai nagai tabiji no hate ni
Tadoritsuku michishirube

Meguri meguru unmei ni soi
Tatoe subete ushinatte mo
Hitori mukau itoshii kimi wo
Mukaeru sonotoki made...

Konomama konomama watashi wa koko de
Haruka kanata kimi wo mitodoke
Nagai nagai tabiji no hate ni
Tadoritsuku michishirube

Todokete inori no uta
>>
>>388975719
I could agree with you OP except that MGS4 has one of the best final battles.
Sums up the entire series of metal gear solid.
It is the ending, and a brilliant fucking ending.
>>
>>388978045
MGS 2 was best left unanswered. The answers Kojima shat out for MGS 4 were all terrible.
>>
when are they finally going to remake 1-3 with the fox engine? everyone knows it's what will happen so just do it now fucking chink jews
>>
>>388975719
Actually it's the best. The worst by far is Metal Gear Solid on PS1.
>>
>>388977917
the soliton radar and the forced camera angles had you actually having to rely on looking at a tiny little map constantly so you don't fucking run into guards.

how is 3 /worse/ than that?
>>
>>388978124
>Todokete
SETSUNASA NI WA
>>
>>388978141

A fight that was all a dream against liquid only it wasn't actually liquid and they injected dues ex machines into each other repeatedly

Bravo kojima
>>
>>388978208
Bait.

2 > 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>> V > PW > 4
The first three are all 10/10 in their own way, the remaining three struggle to reach 7/10 territory.
>>
>>388976279
The first chapter of the game is fantastic for story and I liked that the story was there but not really in your face. While Skullface wasn't the best villain I did find his final scene satisfying but obviously not up to the MGS3 standard.

The second chapter is a piece of shit that only has 5 real missions while the others are just repeats.

The ending is something I didn't get first time I played it but replaying it for 100% made me think "oh I get it, it's just stupid"

I've been trying to 100% this game and some of the requirements for the missions are bullshit, it seems too easy to fuck up some of the conversation chains you have to listen to and after the ending I didn't really care about them for story reasons.

The multiplayer is god awful.

Solid 7/10 tho

However I'm going to have to deduct 7 points since since you couldn't kill the children and Quiet showed to much skin.
>>
>>388978123
>Which was never meant to be answered

>>388978182
>MGS 2 was best left unanswered.

got any proof? You fucks keep claiming it but never provide proof.

>>388978182
>The answers Kojima shat out for MGS 4 were all terrible.
at least we got closure. It's not my fault you didn't like the answer
>>
>>388978045
That's not really true, though. MGS4 is less preoccupied with MGS2's loose ends specifically than it is with being a bombastic resolution to the series in general.

Nothing about MGS2 suggested Raiden needed to be brought back as another cyborg ninja, or that Big Boss and EVA needed to reappear, or that Ocelot's goals and motivations should revolve entirely around Big Boss, or that Naomi or Mei Ling or Meryl should make contrived returns, and so on. MGS4 is as much a weird sequel to MGS3 and MGS1 as it is to MGS2. It's not MGS2's fault that MGS4 exists, anyway.
>>
>>388976959
>Paz and Chico get raped, then have sex with eachother and Paz has a bomb planted inside her vagina.

Do we really know if this happened? They could have just fucking hugged, there's nothing to infer in the tape beyond a loose guess
>>
>>388978497
>I've been trying to 100%
getting S rank is not going to be a problem, but have fun gathering every species of animal throughout the game.
>>
>>388977178
What I'm saying is even if it's not that good 4 at least has something to bring to the table. PW and V add literally nothing to the overall plot of the series besides shitting on the backstory and 3's ending even more.
>>
>>388978224
You have the radar as a reference, but it doesn't detract from the uniquely brisk pace of the games. You can always see what you need to with a little caution and scouting.
>>388978186
Remakes are almost always cancerous. The only people that sincerely think Fox Engine remakes are a good idea are teenagers enamored with polygon counts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHcBWQZ90SA

^^^^THIS VIDEO EXPLAINS IT ALL ON MGS4
>>
>>388978529
>got any proof? You fucks keep claiming it but never provide proof.
Yeah. MGS 4's shit plot is the proof.

>at least we got closure
MGS 2 was closure, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>388978497
Some of the conversations were annoying, I just followed a YouTube video second by second to make sure I got it.

>>388978787
I actually didn't have that much trouble finding the plants/animals, it only took me about an hour or so to find the remaining ones. Then again I probably had over 100 hours at that point so I think I had half of them done.
>>
File: 1497052166039.png (103KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1497052166039.png
103KB, 224x224px
>>388978497
>ending
What ending?
>>
>>388978825
>4 at least has something to bring to the table
Shit. It has shit to bring to the table. This is not a good thing. I'd rather have my table without any shit smeared on it.
>>
>>388978993
>MGS 4's shit plot is the proof.
that does not count.

>MGS 2 was closure, you fucking dumbass.
that mess was not closure
>>
mgs 4 is only hate because a lot of kid were too poor to buy the ps4
so they memed it to death on internet
a lot of people had to watch it on youtube not because its a movie but because they could not afford a ps3
>>
>>388978993
>MGS 2 was closure
Yeah right. With crazy Liquid Ocelot still on the loose and The Patriots "dead"?
>>
File: 1503097921589.jpg (34KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
1503097921589.jpg
34KB, 500x579px
Acts 1 and 2 are objectively some of the best stealth action levels ever made and shit on everything V has to offer besides MAYBE Camp Omega. Act 3 has a shit gimmick but is a pretty fun sandbox on repeat playthroughs. Acts 4 and 5 are pretty much just conduits for the story to happen.
>>
>>388976959
I'll say one thing about mgs1...
METAL GEAR? SHADOW MOSES????? ZANZIBARRR?????????
>>
>>388977179
They maybe did play it but just aren't real MGS fans
>>
File: 1502422093882.png (220KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502422093882.png
220KB, 400x400px
>>388976279
I enjoyed it. I just wish the final content wasn't locked behind an impossible online challenge.
Overall better than 4, though I liked Liquid Ocelot a bit better than Skullface.
>>
>>388976279
Only good if you've never played a MGS game before, which is why newfags like it so much.
>>
>>388976279
>almost no story
>repetitive missions
>less gameplay mechanics and features than 4
>game is mostly desert
>soundtrack is mostly licensed music
It's shit
>>
>>388976279
It's a fine game but I will never not be disappointed with it.
>>
>>388979362
Thematically MGS2 is a pretty complete story. Requiring every loose end to be neatly squared away for a story to have closure in your eyes must make it hard to enjoy anything other than blockbuster movies. I'm glad I don't have that problem.

Of all the complaints to level at MGS2's story (and I have several) the ending lacking closure is a stupid one.
>>
File: BEHOLD GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS.gif (962KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
BEHOLD GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS.gif
962KB, 500x230px
>>388979615
>final content wasn't locked behind an impossible online challenge
What content and what challenge?
>>
>Snake...had a hard life

Nothing else hits as hard as that. NOTHING.

Don't (You) me
>>
>>388977607
The scene where Venom is forced to kill his own men because they're infected was pretty emotional. Both because of the plot, and the meta sacrifice the player makes undoing the work they've put into the game up to that point.
>>
>mgs4
>too much cutscenes fuck kojima
>mgsv
>not enough cutscene fuck kojima

the mistake kojima made was lidtening to the fanbase
>>
>>388979786
>Of all the complaints to level at MGS2's story (and I have several) the ending lacking closure is a stupid one.

the ending lacking closure is a big complaint because you still have the AI fucking things and Liquid Ocelot in a Metal Gear.

Just like Raiden being bad on his own is a complaint but MGS2 fags ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL twist it as a "muh Snaek" complaint
>>
File: This_is_good_isn't_it.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
This_is_good_isn't_it.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>388979886
>>
>>388979843
Nuclear disarmament. Each platform's player base is grouped together. Whenever a platform's entire player base gets rid of their nukes, the last cutscene will play. But of course that will never happen.
>>
>>388980118
Not to mention the cutscene was leaked almost immediately so there's no real reason to even bother trying.
>>
>>388979983
Hey wow thanks for your good accurate post guy who has played MGS games
I also like to blay blideo bames and ya kojiba bery stubid for lidtening to fanbdase
>>
>Metal Gear Series

Then Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Acid, Metal Gear Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Online has it beat for worst
>>
>>388980201
True, but it still seems shitty that they force the entire player base to work together on a goal where even a single solitary player can invalidate all their combined effort. They should have forced the player to build nukes at some point in the game for story reason, then set the cutscene to unlock when the player chooses to get rid of their own nukes.
>>
Friendly reminder that Rising has the best story in the series since 3 even though (or maybe because) it's a borderline parody.
>>
>>388980469
No it doesn't.
>>
>>388975719

I agree with you 100%.

MGS4 is unironically one of the worst games I've played in my entire life. It has basically no redeeming features.
>>
>>388980004
Neither of those things are the heart of MGS2's story. The tension between identity and external influence is the heart of it, and we get that resolution with Raiden's decision at the end and Snake's advice.

Meanwhile, we know that Snake and Otacon won't let this shit slide, and that they continue to fight on (with Raiden's possible help after he gets his shit together). That's affirming enough for me. It's a pretty typical "...and the adventure continues!" style ending.
>>388980370
>he hasn't played MG2
>>
>>388980594
>Patritos
>NOT the heart of MGS2's story

THE WHOLE THING IS A SIMULATION RUN BY THOSE FUCKS!

You have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>388980558
Yes it does.
>>
>>388975719
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
>>
>>388980575
How
>>
If you didn't tear up a little bit when The Best is Yet to Come started playing you don't belong here.
>>
>>388980737
They're a symbol of the kind of forces that influence and control people. They're the means, not the end. Raiden's character arc is the end.
>>
>>388980575
whats your favorite game
>>
>>388981106
REmake
>>
>>388980818
The burden of proof is on you my dude.
>>
>>388981190
So you like games that aren't incredibly stretched out and boring? Why is 4 the worst in the series and not V?
>>
>>388981349
>Why is 4 the worst in the series and not V?
4 stops being a stealth game, or hell, any kind of game, after Chapter 2. That's maybe 3 hours of gameplay total. The rest is all cutscenes and shit "gameplay".
As if that wasn't bad enough, the story is horrible and shits all over the established characters and events of the previous games.

How is that not enough to decisively declare it the worst?
>>
>>388977452
pleb, 3 was when it went full casual mode
>>
>>388975719

I really liked MGS4.
>>
>>388980925

Not only did it completely fuck the story up with a bunch of shitty retcons, most of which fucked up a few of my favorite characters. But the gameplay was broken and just way to action heavy. I am meant to stealth my way through a fucking COD4 level, what's stopping me from using all these guns and gun attachments that I can buy from this drebin gun store to just shoot everyone really fucking easily? You are really gonna tempt me with a million fucking weapons and a literal modern warfare battlefield then say nah just sneak through it.

Fucking shit game. It's was modern "stealth". Oh you can sneak through and do a take down but there is literally no need you can just shoot them all anyways. Garbage game. In MGS2 and MGS3 it was actually very hard to shoot everyone because the combat controls were prohibitive. Stealth was necessary not a self imposed challenge option.

>>388981106

Men of War Assault Squad 2. BTW >>388981190 wasn't me, but I'd also consider REmake to be in my top 10 so it's close enough.
>>
>>388981349
oddly enough, the MGS series's asshole is stretched out from boring
>>
>>388981605
Because there was no gameplay in V that matched the 3 hours that are fun on repeated playthroughs and the rest you wrote off that's still entertaining the first time through
>>
>>388975719
>t's not even up for debate.
it is, as the MG1, MGS2, MGS:PO and MGSV are all way worse than 4. This is a fact.
>>
>>388982114
>Because there was no gameplay in V that matched the 3 hours that are fun on repeated playthroughs
Yeah, there was. You're gonna tell me you didn't manage to get 3 hours of fun out of TPP? What about Ground Zeroes? Rescuing Kaz meant nothing to you? Bullshit.
>>
>>388982114
>and the rest you wrote off that's still entertaining the first time through
I don't get entertained seeing a franchise I love get raped to death. Guess I'm not edgy enough.
>>
>>388982726
Yeah it didn't mean anything to me because it wasn't a real MGS game
>>
>>388975719
I personally enjoyed the stealth section as young snake and the final fight, but it was pretty bad overall
>>
>>388981697
I liked it too
>>
File: Raiden's New Sword.jpg (69KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Raiden's New Sword.jpg
69KB, 854x480px
>>388981029
>They're a symbol of the kind of forces that influence and control people

"Symbol" my ass. They ARE the forces that influence and control people
>>
>>388983283
That's weird, people usually use the tailing mission and pretty much whole third act as a negative point for 4
>>
>>388975719
It's the last real MGS game
>>
>>388983625
not him, but why?
it was pure stealth for exchange
>>
>>388983728
This, PW was a lame attempt at getting the MonHun audience and V was Kojimbo masturbating over himself.
>>
>>388983573
I'm starting to think you're being willfully obtuse. I'm not saying that the Patriots don't have a literal plot relevance, just that their plot relevance is secondary to their thematic relevance. MGS2 is Raiden's existential story, which is why the game ends when it does how it does.
>>
>>388983958
idk I didn't have that big of a problem with it myself, I just see people saying all 3 last acts are really bad and have seen complaints about the tailing part
>>
>>388984073
>just that their plot relevance is secondary to their thematic relevance

they are behind everything in MGS2, how can plot relevance be secondary to anything?
>>
>>388976959
>MGS1-3 were good because of a script doctor who barely had anything to do with the actual gameplay of the series.
>Implying Ghost Babel isn't a lesser version of Metal Gear 2.
Fukushimadrones are just as annoying as Kojimadrones.
>>
>>388983625
That's me, I never understood why people didn't like it, it felt like the only true stealth portion of the game
>>
>>388983964
PW was the second-best MGS game.
>>
>>388984307
And I also personally enjoyed the bike scene
>>
>>388984250
Ghost Babel isn't a lesser version of MG2. They're pretty different games.
>>
>>388984363
>gameplay is severely dumbed down
>boss fights are identical and lifeless
>story and writing are the worst in the series
>base building aspect is abstract with no real tangible rewards beside new weapons
Explain yourself
>>
>>388984394
>tfw people seem to ALWAYS use the shitty Skorpio SMG, when I always used the P90
>>
File: solidus p90.jpg (32KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
solidus p90.jpg
32KB, 500x281px
>>388984536
The P90 is the patrician's weapon in any game. Good enough for Solidus, good enough for me.
>>
>>388976279
I lost all motivation to play it due to the mission structure.

I just wanted another linear sandbox like MGS3
>>
>>388984642
Same
I enjoyed PW and the idea of it but I don't think a main entry should have worked like it
>>
>>388984506
Ghost Babel was more Shinta Nojiri's baby at any rate along with the two Acids on PSP.
>>
>>388976660

>Only substantial acts of gameplay are 1 and 2

Let's admit though, what was there was undoubtedly the best that the series had seen so far, and laid a lot of the groundwork for what made V's gameplay so good.

It really was a shame that it was so truncated, and that the third act threw out pretty much everything that worked in favor of one long fucking cutscene stapled with periodically walking down empty streets, and then they basically did it again on Shadow Moses.
>>
>>388984525
>gameplay is severely dumbed down
it plays smooth and fast (on PS3). The base management is fun. MP features are great fun.
>boss fights are identical and lifeless
Negative. It's super fun to perfectly stealth through the vehicles in order to capture them at 100% condition, and the AI bosses finally gave us a good way to blow off steam and play around with the lethal weapons, without getting penalized.
>story and writing are the worst in the series
It's actually some of the BEST in the series IMO.
The 3rd party view on Cold War, together with the often ignored aspects of Mid- & South America of the era, are fascinating as hell. Not to mention the whole idea of getting to build what is essentially THE Outer Heaven, and how BB ended up becoming the enemy of both major factions, yet an idol of many others, is just badass as fuck.
>base building aspect is abstract with no real tangible rewards beside new weapons
Like I mentioned, I loved it. Seeing your base grow, getting to develop new gear and gaining new "skills" was simple and effective fun. "Returning back to home" after missions was top-comfy.
>>
File: 1399923849195.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1399923849195.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>when you realize the cqc in TPP is different from GZ because you're not actually playing as big boss
>>
>>388984825
>tfw Konami sicked the yakuza on him after NeverDead
He had some great ideas even if they didn't always pan out very well.
>>
>>388984825
Also true.

For what it's worth, MG2 and GB are my favorite games in the series.
>>
>>388984949
I rarely used CQC.

Shit never worked for me since 3
>>
>>388984872
I enjoyed act 3, could you explain what was so bad about it?
>>
>>388984872
>and laid a lot of the groundwork for what made V's gameplay so good.
There's literally no similarities whatsoever.
Also people need to finally realize that gameplay does NOT equal just character controls. MGSV's gameplay as a whole is a tedious slog, with constant waiting for something, grinding for shit, and moving in big, open levels full of nothing.
>>
>>388984872
>what was there was undoubtedly the best that the series had seen so far
Not even close.
>>
>>388985010
>I enjoyed act 3
No you didn't.
It's a slog through a level where you are bound by the incredibly slow and oddly whistling Resistance member for a good two thirds of it which is just boring, then it's capped off with an on rails shooting segment (something Act 2 ended on) and then ends with the worst boss in the entire series. Rather than being a unique mix of action and stealth something like Vulcan Raven it's just a generic third person shooter bullet sponge boss. On top of all this it's also where a lot of stupid retcons come in such as the codec team from 3 being the Patriots and EVA being the surrogate for Les Enfants Terrible.

No one likes Act 3.
>>
>>388984872
for me V's gameplay was pretty bad because all the environments were so dull, and things felt a little simplified from 4
>>
>>388980118
>>388980201
>>388980404
Oh it's just a cutscene? You had me scared for a moment there since you used the word "content"
>>
>>388975719
This is the only one I've played. With nothing to compare it too it wasn't bad.
>>
>>388982965
You're a faggot, then. Sorry.
>>
>>388983728
The last real MGS game is 3.

>and 4 was Kojimbo masturbating over himself.
Fixed
>>
>>388976279
When you think about it, it does resolve a lot of plot ends. Quiet's plot point is introduced and resolved. Skullface's whole plan is foiled and your revenge is taken. Huey's plan goes through and you deal with him for everything he's done to you without creating a plot hole with MGS2. Plus there's a plot twist you were expecting in what is probably the main conclusion of the game. When you think of it, a huge bulk of the plot is in Chapter 2, just hidden behind the fact that most of the missions are challenge missions of stuff from Chapter 1.

The only thing that wasn't resolved was Eli escaping with Sahelanthropus. If mission 51 was in the game would the game be considered "complete"? Or is all the obvious cut content enough to still consider the game unfinished?
>>
>>388977469
Clearly this is not the series for you. Not that even half of what you said is true.
>>
>>388978675
Skullface tells Chico to fuck Paz. Then Paz tells him to go ahead it'll be alright. Then they fuck.

Yes it actually happens.
>>
>I have never played any MGS game and I am just lying to get replies and sexy Big Boss pictures in return
>>
>>388977970
>I still Remember figuring out changing controller ports
You didn't figure that out, liar, the game told you to. Or you were an actual retard and happened to do exactly what you needed to on accident.
>>
>>388986406
Everything I said is true. Fuck 4.
>>
File: robertpeelerchapter3.jpg (104KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
robertpeelerchapter3.jpg
104KB, 594x395px
>>388985620
People think there's more to it than that. Robert Peeler, the english community manager for phantom pain, said this when asked about chapter 3. Also there's one emblem that isn't unlocked of Kojima's face that people believe is connected to the nuclear disarmament. That, combined with the placecard for Chapter 3: Peace makes people believe that some kind of content will be added to the game when nuclear disarmament is achieved.

Unfortunately, it's literally impossible. People won't stop playing the game, and people with 16 nukes...if you steal 4 from them, a blockade pops up that lasts longer than the time it takes to develop 4 more nukes. Plus nukes aren't tied to the server, they're local. So people can download a save with nukes and then they have nukes. Combine that with cheating nukes into the game and you get what happened to the steam version; there are now over 10,000 nukes from cheaters and none of them show up in the broken nuke tab.
>>
>>388975719
MGO and a nice way to wrap it up are you fucking wack OP??
>>
>>388977469
Hating MGS2 is dead giveaway shit taste, anon.
>>
>>388987327
This.
>>
>>388987240
>and a nice way to wrap it up
How is a terrible conclusion that ruins characters and events by making awful retcons a nice wrap up? It is the opposite of a nice wrap up.
>>
>>388987035
Has anyone read this?
http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/kojima-death-stranding-aims-to-be-a-new-sort-of-game-of-war-w499148
there is a passage where he talks about the nuclear disarmament
>>
>>388987327
I'm talking about MGS 4. MGS 2 isn't fanfiction tier shit.
>>
File: lel.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
2MB, 400x225px
So people hate:
>>388975719
Wich had the best controls, but consider:
>>388976279
good, with magnet context sensitive controls?
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.