[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golf Story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

How about a thread about Golf Story?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjTzc7EH4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8OCBFl1Qg&t=4m43s

It pretty much looks like a Mario Golf ripoff. But from when Mario Golf and Mario Tennis were still RPGs and actually good. I suppose we don't actually know all that much about the game, but supposedly it'll be released sometime this month.
Do you think one would be setting one's expectations too high, expecting it to be about as good as Advance Tour?
>>
excited for this
>>
File: MGAT_group.jpg (101KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
MGAT_group.jpg
101KB, 800x658px
I still just really wish that Nintendo would make good sports games again. Their sports games used to be so good, but then it was as if they simply stopped caring or something.
>>
I guess there aren't all that many people interested in the game. Well it doesn't surprise me all that much considering that the last good Mario Golf game is now 13 years old. That fact alone is incredibly sad though.
>>
>>388971910
>when Mario Golf and Mario Tennis were still RPGs

What does this mean?
>>
File: 250px-Mariogolfgba.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mariogolfgba.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
>>388974609
If you haven't heard of or played pic, you need to enrich yourself ASAP. No joke, it's one of the best games made for the GBA.
>>
>>388975134
There wasn't anything "RPG" about this. You played golf.
>>
File: 250px-Mariogolfgba.jpg (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mariogolfgba.jpg
52KB, 250x250px
>>388974609
They used to be RPGs. But then they gave up on that when they continued making their sports games.
>>
>>388975335
You had a world with various characters and events. Different equipment, characters with different abilities, and experience points of which you could improve your characters with. All combined with a story that affected both the characters and the setting at large.

They were no doubt RPGs. Where you played golf instead of fighting in combat.
>>
What are Camelot even doing these days?
>>
>>388973436
with nintendo, it's less about the sports experience now and more about just grabbing some bucks off their brand. honestly, i'm really tired of mario sports stuff. i'd rather indie devs take over those games, or at least have nintendo let their younger devs take over projects and experiment.
>>
I'd love to be interested, but I don't own a Switch.
>>
>>388976762
They made Mario Sports Superstars for the 3DS
>>
File: 1450421878733.png (73KB, 1045x490px) Image search: [Google]
1450421878733.png
73KB, 1045x490px
>>388976762
>2017 Mario Sports Superstars Nintendo 3DS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Sports_Superstars
Goddamnit. That shit heap had camelot on board and was still terrible. HOW.
>>
>>388971910
>It pretty much looks like a Mario Golf ripoff.
lol no it doesn't, it looks like a story driven indie meme game
>>
>>388971910
This is better
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.