[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolver Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-09-01 11-27-06.webm (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01 11-27-06.webm
2MB, 600x338px
Post webms, join schools, discuss.
How are you enjoying the game now that the servers aren't completely shitting themselves?
>>
What styles is everyone using?
>>
>>388972489
Been using stagger almost exclusively, just started trying to build my own deck and it is NOT going well.
>>
>>388972852
Thats why you need to spend a few hours just dodging and using your defense moves on NPCs to get more moves.
>>
Everyone is using stagger, with the same deck because that is the only way to progress through the school and master the style.
>>
>le 2 meme jab and shockwave
>>
>>388973835
That's what I'm currently doing.

>>388974012
That's exactly why I switched. My opponents knew what I was going to do before the match even started.
>>
So is there a skill level cap? I levelled my str to 18 and noticed it did nothing. So should I restart my build or will i max everything eventually?
>>
>>388974386
Are you going to wait until everyone else has mastered stagger before you pick it back up? Even after all this is over people are still going to have that deck hardwired into their brains.
>>
>>388972489
Windfall, wish I'd gone kahlt though
>>
>>388975027
No, but I'll probably make my own stagger deck. My starting style was windfall, both styles' moves seem to work pretty well together so it'll probably be a blend. I like windfall's dodge more than stagger's.
>>
>>388975340
Same here. Started Windfall and im gonna stay that way but have like 75% stagger style moves and 25% windfall style moves. I also noticed that leveling works similar to darksouls in that you should immediately pump endurance to 20.
>>
>>388975737
My strength and dex have already hit the soft cap, all my points have been going into endurance and vitality. My deck will probably be more windfall than stagger. Those kicks are fucking gnarly.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 248x203px
>>388976053
I plan on building my next character to be exclusively kicks in the absorb style.
>>
>>388974974
level cap is 60

stat increases have diminishing returns, so have everything but will 15-25 and you should be fine
>>
how do i into stagger style base deck (leveling up so i can keep it permanently)? i just want to keep the style forever so i can move into another school to unlock the other styles, but the basic deck feels like complete ass
>>
File: Vatista.jpg (191KB, 920x1177px) Image search: [Google]
Vatista.jpg
191KB, 920x1177px
>fighting punchmen
Easy wins, dodges for day
>fighting dick kickmen
I now see the problem with windfall
>>
>>388976920
Defend against stagger style players or farm Jinn Mesca.
>>
>>388977071
no i mean im trying to get the stagger style permanently which i believe means i have to max out my level in the school and become a disciple or whatever, through combat trials, right?

and you get like +300 XP in the school if you use the deck you give you rather than your own.
>>
>>388975028
What's so great about kahlt? I always hear everyone bashing it and saying absorb is shit because it doesn't actually give you a counter on people, you still take damage (you can get it back though but through attacking), and it gets fucked by guardbreak attacks.

Seems shit idk
>>
>>388977281
Is that what happens? I reached disciple, so if I leave that school I'll still get to use the style? Sweet. Yeah you just have to tough it out and use the deck in PVP. It still works if you mix it up. Use your basic strings early and then start stringing mostly alt attacks, that's been working for me. Make sure to equip the stagger version of the shards, too.
>>
File: Absolver3.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver3.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>
File: Absolver2.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver2.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>
>>388978392
What was that spinning move at 0:05?? I need that.
>>
>>388977723
I don't actually know if it is any good, I just figured anything was better than windfall since I can't seem to hit people even with the fastest attack in the game after a successful dodge. They can block right after, even when missing with a slow attack
>>
File: 2017-09-01 15-33-24.webm (1MB, 1064x600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01 15-33-24.webm
1MB, 1064x600px
Remember to watch your footing at all times
>>
>>388978882
There's a couple spinning moves going on there
>>
>>388979034
I hope we can blacklist maps in the future
>>
>>388979015
Try feinting after a dodge, if they fall for it you should have time for a heavy attack.
>>
>>388972489
Kahlt, but I want to get stagger moves for my War Gloves deck just to fuck with people that are getting to know my moveset.

So far my normal deck is alright, I have two stances looping into one another, one stance looping back into itself and one stance that does something that I never find time to use.

Haymaker to finish people off is my jam.
>>
>>388977723
Kalht doesn't rely on directions to work, you just widdle the stick in any direction to trigger the absorb. I actually don't know if you can heal more with it than you lose.
Also attacks scale better with certain styles, and Kahlt playerd have bonuses on strenght and vitality. There's more to classes than the special defense move.
>>
>>388979176
git
>>
>>388981047
If I could blacklist that stair map I would. No one even bother to fight on the stairs because everyone know stairs ard a nightmare in vidya if you want to get anything done, players just have an unspoken agreement to go for one of the flat balconies.
>>
>>388981506
I've literally never seen anyone stay away from the stairs. I love fighting on the stairs. Great for knocking people off of them.
>>
>>388971069
Already bored, like most people.

Game is so fucking empty. Feels like it was made by one dude.
>>
>>388982605
Close. Six.
>>
>>388982605
I'm bored of losing all the time to shit that is impossible to counter
>>
>>388982796
It's not impossible, you're just being a baby
>>
>>388982796
>>388982685
There's just nothing to do. Cosmetics are pointless since all characters look and act the same. The PVE is laughably basic. And the PVP isn't satisfying enough to really stand on it's own.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.