[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FIFA: SAYS SWITCH HARDWARE "IS VERY DIFFICULT"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

>Coming from a Eurogamer interview with Andrei Lăzărescu...
>On being asked if FUT Champions and Squad Battles modes didn't make the cut due to casual players
>"I see it as being more social...casual represents different things to different people. I look at them as two different games, two different worlds, that I think we should take for what they are, and keep in mind that we should not try to force people onto certain things just because it works on a certain platform."

>Lăzărescu also talked a bit about why FIFA 18 on Switch lacks things like the Journey follow-up, the new 'cinematic' Career Mode transfers, the special animation system, and more. He said , "the hardware is very difficult" and went on to say that a future mode exactly like the Journey is "unlikely." On top of that, getting that content in the game "would take an army of people, if it was possible, to be done." Finally, Lăzărescu ended by saying, "I don't think it's impossible to do more with this engine.
>>
>>388960795
It's the Wii all over again

>Nintendo: ALL THESE COMPANIES ARE GONNA SUPPORT US
>Companies: Uh, yeah, here, have a shitty port, and don't bother us again

I can't wait until Skyrim runs at 10FPS, and Sega backs away from having to make Bayonetta 3.
>>
>>388960874
>I can't wait until Skyrim runs at 10FPS
We already have confirmation it runs at 30fps though.
>>
>>388960874
Skyrim has already been shown running at a stable 30FPS. Which is probably the same as 10FPS to you, I'm sure, but why would you expect it to run worse than the PS3 version? Even the Wii U was more powerful than the PS3.
>>
>>388960874
Skyrim apparently runs fine, but this is a game that ran on a 360 so this means nothing
>>
>>388961002
>stable 30FPS
lol
>>
The 5 odd million Switch has sold is nothing. 3rd party devs won't give the platform any real attention until it hits 25 million or so, especially when games can't be copy-pasted like they can between PC/PS4/Bone

And Switch is already cluttering up shelves. It will likely surpass the Wii U, but how about the GC? We'll have to wait and see
>>
>>388961029
>720p 30FPS
>runs fine
???
>>
>>388961002
Im very curious how skyrim will end up in the final build. It's going to lead to much bant over the months.
>>
>>388961069
>And Switch is already cluttering up shelves.

Can we stop this lie?
Even the article being used to shitpost says the Switch is still sold out nearly everywhere in the world

>>388961142
>720p on it's handheld screen which is only 720p
>It's 1080p docked

Try again
>>
>>388960964
Yeah, and 720p. With dynamic resolution scaling. On TV. It's 540p on handheld, again with resolution scaling
>>
>>388961069
The real problem from a programmer standpoint is that the system is very weak. The CPU, for instance, is almost as bad as the Wii U's. In fact, I can tell you having worked on the Wii U that the Wii U is perhaps BETTER than the X1 in the Switch. The only thing that makes the Switch seem better is the ram increase, and that's an easy trick. Now whether that extra ram was utilized on the Switch build of Botw or not is up in the air, but Nintendo's consoles are not built for cpu-intensive actions. If they would just go one just 1 GHz, they would get to modern times.
>>
File: nba.png (56KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
nba.png
56KB, 500x593px
2K does what EA can't
>>
File: D7K_4459.jpg (47KB, 935x657px) Image search: [Google]
D7K_4459.jpg
47KB, 935x657px
>>388960874

>A bunch of shitty western companies like EA won't support Nintendo
Still trying to figure out how this desperate shitpost argument is supposed to be bad.
>>
>>388961465
There's a lot of unsaid shit going here. 2K and EA just hate each other due to sport licenses.
>>
>>388961334
OK provide your proof anon
>>
>>388961256
>Can we stop this lie?
>Even the article being used to shitpost says the Switch is still sold out nearly everywhere in the world
You can walk into just about any store in Europe and find a Switch readily. The situation isn't quite the same in the US but it's nearly becoming like that. Best Buy got a huge shipment late last week and most stores still have *plenty* of inventory. Chances are high you can find a Switch available within 20 miles from your house. And that's just Best Buy. In fact, the only stores that seem consistently sold out are Gamestops, and that's just because they're hoarding all of theirs in hopes that people buy the online bundles...

Japan is the only of one of the 3 big regions that is consistently sold out, and that's because they've received far less than 1/3rd of the global supply. The competition in Japan is different, since PS4 and Xbone are not seen as competitors, so Nintendo doesn't need to worry about people choosing alternative devices when they can't find a Switch on shelves

"Switch is sold out everywhere" is the lie, my friend.
>>
>>388961476
Eastern devs are also shunning the console. SE, Capcom, and ArcSys aren't gonna put their heavy hitters on it. Even weeb-bait games like Compile Heart, Idea Factory, Koei are ignoring the console for the most part. So far, all it has is a handful of Nintendo games and a bunch of 5-year-old indie ports.

The Switch is literally dying faster than even the Wii U.
>>
>>388961039
To be fair it was a short portable-only demo with no proper framerate analysis available. I would not at all be surprised if the framerate tanks in situations they weren't able to encounter during the demo (especially in docked mode), but from the info available the framerate situation is not so dire.
>>
>>388961002
>Even the Wii U was more powerful than the PS3.
no
>>
>>388961702
I live in Austin. Can confirm Switch is readily available at any electronic store you walk into, and has been for a few months.

I have been saying this for awhile now, but all I get is replies about how much it's selling. Reminder that the Wii U sold far more in the same time frame than the Switch.
>>
>>388961738
>The Switch is literally dying faster than even the Wii U.

ebin
>>
>>388960795
Anyone with a brain could've seen this coming. The Switch doesn't have the power to handle current-gen games, even when heavily downgraded. Even WWE2K18 is releasing a poor port, with half of the features stripped away.
>>
>>388961702
He's not wrong here. Nintendo deliberately has held back Switches for the holidays because they're confident that's when it'll sell the most. Nintendo has always been a holidays central developer, though they may have jumped the gun by releasing the Switch too early, missing a very big hype window. But at the same time, this proves that Nintendo isn't confident in the public perspective of this new system, so they've been playing it safe.

I'm curious why they left their library so empty since March with very little releases. It seems like they are taking a huge gamble on the brand power that people will be patient until the holidays.
>>
>>388961880
>Reminder that the Wii U sold far more in the same time frame than the Switch.

ebin
>>
>>388962048
>I'm curious why they left their library so empty since March with very little releases.

ebin
>>
>>388960795
The power of the Cell
>>
>>388962104
It is empty. I'm saying this from a third party perspective with no bias. They have very infrequent releases and have been depending on Wii U ports to pad their library. Normally you would have other devs fill up your library along the way, but indies can only do so much and you won't give a small indie a big market space in comparison to your AAA games. Nintendo has a catch 22 because they also make games and they don't want other devs stealing their attention. They literally want third party devs to be slaves for their system, whereas on PS4 and Xbox, the companies themselves are simply there to give you a platform to be on. They dont try to stifle your marketing for their own bc they arent game developers.
>>
>>388960795
the vita gets more games than the switch because vita's technology is actually really easy to use for developers. mostly because how similar it is to PS4's technology
but the Switch not being easy for developers to use is a bad thing
>>
>>388961996
>>388962057
>>388962104
imagine being this delusional
>>
File: into the trash it goes2.webm (2MB, 662x500px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes2.webm
2MB, 662x500px
>>388960795
>lazt fifa port is lazy
wow. who would have thunk it?
>>
>>388962242
>Zelda
>Spla2oon
>ARMS
>Kingdom Battle
>MK8D
>Odyssey en XBC2 coming later this year.

Who the fuck cares about third party
>>
>>388962424
>lazy

Not lazy. Programmers are the least biased when it comes to consoles pros and cons. They would more than be happy to have a smooth process with a console, but the switch is very weak and requires spending months learning its stupid hacks just because nintendo got cheap and used a mobile cpu
>>
>>388961702
This. Ending the rumor you can't get your hands on a Switch anywhere needs to be made a priority.
>>
>>388961783
but it was anon
>>
File: carmack headlock.png (59KB, 531x467px) Image search: [Google]
carmack headlock.png
59KB, 531x467px
>>388962524
>Who the fuck cares about third party

The 60 million that bought a PS4.
>>
>>388961465
>>388961547
I always assumed EA hated Ninty since the 16 bits
>>
>>388962682
Why the fuck are you talking about PS4?
>>
>>388962606
No it wasn't.

>guy who has programmed for all modern consoles

The Wii U is 2007 tier in terms of CPU power. Literally weaker than most cellphones.
>>
>>388962579
>Programmers are the least biased when it comes to consoles pros and cons

It really depends of the programmer and the company. No fucking way that I'm going believe at some faggot at EA.
>>
File: Top 10 best selling PS4 games.png (25KB, 961x435px) Image search: [Google]
Top 10 best selling PS4 games.png
25KB, 961x435px
>>388962682
And yet only 1/4th of PS4 owners actually buy games.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>388962579
dude this is EA. do I need to remind you of the state of their PC ports were in? EA top brass asked what would take the least amount of time to do for the Switch and the answer was the last gen versions.
>>
>>388962793
Hate the management at EA, but dont hate the programmers. I've met some masters from that company and they are very good at what they do. The AI shit for instance is some of the most legit in the industry, and they don't get enough praise for it. But AI is boring, so no one ever highlights it.
>>
>>388960795
Nba 2k18 has the same content as the PS4 version so why can't Fifa? The only compromise NBA made was 30 FPS instead of 60, which is a lot more manageable than perse, having a lot of content removed from the game just for the sake of achieving 60 FPS. I think EA was just too lazy to make a proper Fifa for the Switch and are going to be half-assed about their support for the Switch just like Capcom.
>>
>>388962780
And PS3 was worse than the 2005-tier 360.
>>
>>388962854
>1 (one) exclusive on that list
>>
>>388962854
You know most sales these days are unreported due to digital sales right? This includes DLC purchases.
>>
>>388962962
The PS3's cpu is managed specifically for power. That's why most of the industry loved it. Nintendo has deliberately kept their console power down to keep the price down. You can't argue simple semantics.
>>
tl;dr: lazy dev who doesn't want to capitalize on a golden opportunity
>>
>>388961738
This actually something that worried me about the Switch. When it was revealed how weak the console was, everyone knew most AAA developers would ignore it for the most part. However, I was sure the console would get support from companies that cater to the Japanese obsession with portable gaming. When it was first announced, people would have sworn it would be the home for Monster Hunter, and Japs would flock to it by droves. This would lead to major and niche Japanese developers to make games for the Switch, ensuring it's foothold over Japan as the successor to the 3DS and the Vita.

But Capcom decided Switch was not to be the home for Monster Hunter, and since then, developers have quietly abandoned support for the console in favor of the PS4.

I hoped to buy a Switch down the line for these sort of niche games, but it seems I won't have to at this rate.
>>
>>388962953
>EA being lazy with Nintendo
I'm legitimately shocked. No really.

>>388963017
Okay. So 1/3rd of PS4 owners actually buy games.
Face it, more people bought a PS4 as a cheap blu ray/dvd players than as a video game console. All previous PlayStations were the same way.
>>
>>388960795
JUST
>>
>>388963106
>most of the industry loved it

As a PS3-only console gamer during its lifespan, I got tired of hearing most developers complain about how difficult it was to develop for the cell. I also got tired that even though the PS3 was more powerful the the 360, most multiplats suffered heavily on it because developers didn't know how to develop for it. At least Sony games and exclusives were worth it.
>>
File: ohwow.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ohwow.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>388963106
>That's why most of the industry loved it.
the notorious cell cpu? loved? lmao
>>
>>388963117
I'm not too worried about Japanese developers. Switch is still selling out everywhere there, don't forget the system has been out for only six months.
>>
>>388963207
>t-those people who bought PS4 don't play games

Is this the argument switch players use these days to cover their insecurities with having little popularity
>>
>>388960964
30fps with the xbox 360 version
impressive
>>
>>388963106
>The PS3's cpu is managed specifically for power.

... yeah sure
>>
>>388963117
Game Theory: Its been proven Sony hates Nintendo. They paid money to get games away from Nintendo consoles, but not handhelds. Now that the switch is a "Handheld" they paid even more money to restrict the handhels market.
>>
>>388963402
Your original argument was that 60 million people bought a PS4 because of third parties, and I proved that that's not the case, and here you are backpedaling and moving goals. Stop being a console warrior cuck.
>>
>>388963207
They are, they haven't bottered bringing out the rest of their games on the console, want to test the ground with a half-assed port and then they wonder why its going to bomb on launch. Its portable but vastly inferior to the PS4/PC version.

I can live with downgraded graphics, I just want to play the game on the go properly, can't be playing /v/idya at home all day due to work.
>>
>>388963458
But that's just a theory...
>>
>>388963291
The cell cpu has always been complained about, but it's far more lucrative of a reward than doing the same hacking of Wii U's underpowered Cpu.
>>
>>388963117
>>When it was revealed how weak the console was
It's not even that weak. For fucks sake, you people seriously underestimate the hardware.
>>
>>388963515
You didn't prove anything because you lack sufficient data. People buy consoles to play games. That's the basis. You can't just go "well most dont actually play games if they buy the system" when they literally bought the system to play games. This isn't some dvd argument either. DVD and BR readers by themselves are cheaper than a console. People buy PS3 and PS4 specifically for the games. So stfu with that argument.
>>
File: dumb frogposter.jpg (61KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
dumb frogposter.jpg
61KB, 306x306px
>>388960795
>taking EA's word for anything
Is this what we've come to?
>>
>>388963550
>it's the third party fault that their games dont work on switch instead of the switch being weak and having a casual audience

I think Im starting to understand why nintendo fans are laughed at most of the time.
>>
>>388963732
>>You didn't prove anything because you lack sufficient data.
Neither did you fuccboi.
>>
>>388963683
>For fucks sake, you people seriously underestimate the hardware.
Give me the specs right now of the Switch's CPU.
>>
>Caring about shitty third party devs that make multi-platform games
Why the fuck does this matter, i buy a Play Station to play Sony exclusive games, i buy a nintendo system to play NIntendo exclusive games, i buy a fucking PC to play everything else. Why can't retards understand this?
>>
>>388963106
thats why the industry got away from cell cpu tech, because it was too good
>>
>>388963793
People will use any excuse they can to shit on Nintendo, and then the moment anyone says otherwise or defends them, they'll scream about how this place is Nintendogaf.
>>
What about the devs saying they work well with the Switch, they don't count right?
>>
>>388964027
portability
>>
>>388962579
>Programmers are the least biased when it comes to consoles pros and cons.
You're joking right?
Programmers are the most biased when it comes to video game development especially when it comes to western dev. If it takes a slight amount more effort than it would on another system then they simply won't do it.
>>
>>388964184
Like they've said for every Nintendo console ever
>>
>>388963913
You were the one to say "most ps4 owners don't play games for the console they bought it for", and then presented a volunteer-based data sheet of sales for physical games. Most games go underreported unless the dev specifically comes out to state them. And there's a lot of digital rules about not being able to say what your exact sales are, though mostly this is because companies try to control the sales data for marketing reasons. So yeah you didn't prove shit. But only a Nintendo lover would come up with the simple excuse that even if the console is popular, people dont play games on it. Like wtf kind of mental justification is that.
>>
File: 1486573067502.jpg (84KB, 681x682px) Image search: [Google]
1486573067502.jpg
84KB, 681x682px
>>388961440
>The CPU, for instance, is almost as bad as the Wii U's
Why do you tell such obvious lies? The Wii U had notorious bad hardware even when it launched
>>
>>388964219
>they wont do it

Programmers do what their bosses tell them to do. In this case, they were told to make the game work as much as possible on a weaker system.
>>
>>388964285
>Only game the PS4 had for years was Bloodborne
>Hyped up as THE Sony exclusive to own
>Couldn't even break 3 million sales despite having tens of millions of PS4 owners
>>
>>388961476
Still shilling the western games are shit meme? Thats sad
>>
>>388964362
The Wii U has solid hardware. Nintendo did a lot of hacks to make the Switch work in its state.
>>
>>388964204
Honestly this. Shit battery life aside, it was comfy as fuck to play BotW and Sonic Mania while lazing around in my bed. I will probably buy Skyrim as well, once it drops in price, for the same reason.

Kind of hope more games come around to getting these sort of ports. It's promising the new WWE game claims to have everything the PS4 and Bone version have, and running smooth at that. Of course, it is 2K, so I think I'll wait until I see it with my own eyes rather than trust their claims.
>>
>>388964362
Only WiiU CPU was bad, the rest of it was alright and quite up to date at time.

The problem is that gamepad also drained half of the resources. So....
>>
>>388964362
People legitimately get off on shitting on Nintendo. It's been made perfectly clear that anti-Nintendo posters are completely delusional and far worse than the Nintendo fans themselves.
>>
>>388961029
>not knowing it's the remastered version
>>
>>388963932
SOC, Tegra X1. Exact equivalents in terms of hardware: nvidia shield TV, google pixel C.
>>
>>388964553
>it's another "nintendo is right, and everyone else is wrong" episode

they do it for free
>>
>>388963017
>You know most sales these days are unreported due to digital sales right?
Wrong, very little sales charts ignore digital sales nowadays because they're easier than ever to obtain. It's also worth noting that digital sales are significantly lower to begin with.

I also fail to see what DLC purchases have to do with anything.
>>
Whether the Switch will get ports or not has nothing to do with hardware but sales. If it sells well it will get ports (even the Wii got some ports, like Call of Duty despite the fact games literally had to be remade from scratch for it). If it sells poorly it wont.
>>
>>388964553
>and far worse than the Nintendo fans themselves.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/atpN9vhdtDN8gnn1dMGBtQ/
>>
>>388960874
>its one of the most succesful consoles of all time all overagain!
agreed anon.
Cant wait for consolewars kiddies to find out people dont buy consoles to run PC games at 12fps. I dont play Fifa because Im not Gay/and or european. but sports games are casual already and more fun portably/with friends. I hope to fuck this gets madden because Im tired of only having 13 on vita.
But Switch will find success through 3rd party. just primarily exclusives and portable versions. companies that publish on 3ds and vita will sell more units than companies exclusive to ps4/xbone trying to publish on switch. and Nintendo is back to being a heavyweight themselves.
>>
>>388964630
Give me the non casual specs. Tell me why it's not weak. Give me the lowdown since you were confident in saying such a statement.
>>
File: ACfag2.png (869KB, 1920x2400px) Image search: [Google]
ACfag2.png
869KB, 1920x2400px
>>388964680
Never said that you fucking cuck ;)

>>388964730
Hey look, I can do that too.
>>
>>388964702
>Wrong, very little sales charts ignore digital sales nowadays because they're easier than ever to obtain
You live in a whole new world because digital sales are still a pain in the ass to put together. GDC had an entire segment on that very thing last year. The consequence of digital sales is that it has made everything harder to predict.
>>
File: 2005.gif (917KB, 592x200px) Image search: [Google]
2005.gif
917KB, 592x200px
>>388964460
>The Wii U has solid hardware
Yeah no. Wii U's biggest problem was hardware in general. It cost so much to make, didn't sell at all, was underpowered compared to other consoles. Switch on the other hand is sleek, stronger, portable, etc. It's like night and day. Wii U is without a doubt their absolute worst console and I can't defend it in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>388964781
>Tell me why it's not weak.
Because it's using an SOC designed specifically and exclusively not to play games but to stream 4k video from netflix and from steam
>>
>>388964781
It's not weak because it's literally twice as powerful as the Wii U while being underclocked, you massive mongaloid. It's also a fucking portable device.
>>
>>388964767
>But Switch will find success through 3rd party
just like the Wii U found success through 3rd party. And the Wii. And the Gamecube.
>>
Why do Nintendo haters sound like Sega USA during the Genesis era?
>SNES is technically superior to the Megadrive in every aspect, except for CPU
>HAHAHAHA NINTENDO IS SLOW AS SHIT SENPAI CHECK OUT SONIC LMAO

>One literally who from a company gamers hate for the most part but make the dudebro games said Switch is not capable of Fifa
>HAHAHA NINTEDO IS NO GAMES AS SHIT SENPAI, CHECK OUT <console> LMAO
>>
>>388964896
I care only for the hardware's power compared to the successor. The Wii U is a better console than the Switch, which is a handheld disguising itself as a console.
>>
>>388964896
No the Wii U's problem was not hardware. The Wii, DS, and 3DS had terrible hardware and sold fantastically. The Wii U failed because of poor marketing and a low advertising budget. Nintendo thought the Wii U would sell purely off the brand value of the Wii.
>>
File: 1504279280404.jpg (3MB, 4984x1736px) Image search: [Google]
1504279280404.jpg
3MB, 4984x1736px
>>388964553
>>
>>388964369
>Programmers do what their bosses tell them to do
They don't, they're the single most demanding part of the team and they can get away with it because there's no one to replace them on the fly.
If they tell the boss they can't do something then the boss has to suck ass to ensure there's no setbacks.
>>
>>388964952
>not able to list cpy cycle speeds, transfer rates, cores, or any substantial

So you don't know how computers work. I was talking with an ignorant neet all along. My mistake. Continue thinking you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>388964985
The Switch is portable so it's the definitive platform of choice for AA and indie 3rd party. Nintendo's own is more than capable of filling in the AAA hole about as good as I am at filling your mother's
>>
>>388961334
"source: my ass"
>>
>>388965179
>They don't, they're the single most demanding part of the team and they can get away with it
Please shut the fuck up. You clearly never worked on a professional game in your life.
>>
>>388965179
>there's no one to replace them on the fly.

hahaaa keep thinking this...
>>
I think something a lot of people neglect to consider about the Switch is that Nintendo unified their platforms so now they can make twice as many games. Do they really need much third party if they can make 5-6 high quality games a year?
>>
>>388965221
>The Switch is portable so it's the definitive platform of choice for AA and indie 3rd party
You mean those unannounced AA and indie games that have yet to arrive to it?
>>
>>388965289
Okay, sure, he doesn't have a source, but what he's saying is actually really good considering that Unreal Engine games on switch are set to run with a ResolutionScale of 66% (of 720p, so 844x475)
>>
File: DIgmHpCVAAADYR2.jpg-large.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DIgmHpCVAAADYR2.jpg-large.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
>>388965401
no
>>
>>388964985
wii did exceptionally well anon. Gamecube did alright.
3DS, DS and GBA all found success from 3rd party.
>b..b..b..but muh Wii U!
we get it a 300 year old company had a single console that wasnt a financial success anon. try having a memory longer than a week. I look forward to Atlus/Spike Chunsoft/Squenix and indies blessing this thing.
>>
>>388965392
>I think something a lot of people neglect to consider about the Switch is that Nintendo unified their platforms so now they can make twice as many games
0 * 2 still equals 0. So where are these twice-as-many games that you're talking about?
>>
>>388965479
>snake pass
You know the port is legendarily terrible and genuinely runs below 480p right
>>
>>388965392
>Nintendo unified their platforms
Explain why 3DS games are still being release and why angry Switch owners riot every time another 3DS exclusive or even multiplat is announced.
>>
>>388965310
>You clearly never worked on a professional game in your life.
Doesn't mean much from you considering you think development is that simple.
>>
>>388965401
It already has a ton of indie games but how long do you think it takes to make a game? No one knew the Switch was going to be nearly as popular as it was until it released. It's been less than half a year since then.
>>
>>388965576
>and why angry Switch owners riot every time another 3DS exclusive or even multiplat is announced.
But they don't?
I've seen 3DS and Wii U owners get mad about the Switch but not the other way around.
>>
>>388965576
Switch owners riot... what?
>>
>>388965576
>Explain why 3DS games are still being release
It's mostly shovelware that costs them very little manpower to make. It will take time for the 3DS owners to buy Switch's so it makes sense to milk them with something. The 3DS has no mid/high budget games coming though it's just trash like kirby and a lazy Pokemon half sequel.
>>
>>388961465
I don't see a fifa game under 2k tho
>>
File: switch library.png (940KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
switch library.png
940KB, 1280x720px
>>388965479
>>
>>388961465
Isn't this the game where they patched in a locked 15fps mode?
>>
>>388965521
>0 * 2 still equals 0. So where are these twice-as-many games that you're talking about?
They're releasing a good amount right now? Zelda, Mario, ARMS, Xenoblade, Splatoon 2 all release within ~9 months of launch. That's pretty damn good.
>>
If you're getting a Switch for multiplats or fucking FIFA then you're doing it wrong. The Switch is clearly for weeb stuff and games for manchildren.
>>
>Removal of cinematic trash from video games
Only a good thing, desu.
>>
>>388965913
>The Switch is clearly for weeb stuff and games for manchildren.
That's what I have my PS4 for.
Switch is for actual games.
>>
>>388965856
Splatoon 2 is not a port they changed a lot, it has a completely new single player campaign and a big new multiplayer mode with Salmon run.
>>
>>388965856
Fast RMX is a port as well.
>>
File: sweitch's true library.png (395KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sweitch's true library.png
395KB, 1280x720px
>>388965479
Actually Ill give you the true version of switch's library, which you can see going to any retail store.
>>
>>388961547
>2K and EA just hate each other due to sport licenses.
Maybe if EA weren't the faggots that started this exclusivity contract bullshit they would hate each other for being actual competition.
>>
File: corp.png (525KB, 794x463px) Image search: [Google]
corp.png
525KB, 794x463px
>>388965998
>Splatoon 2 is not a port they changed a lot
>>
>>388961880
>Wii U sold moe
Stopped reading there, the Wii U did not sell 5 million units in as many months
>>
>>388965964
Well yeah it's ultimately a good thing but it's more about the excuses they're making about it.
I mean just look at how they say it's "difficult" but dance around what exactly is difficult about it. The worst part about it is that it's Fifa, it's one of the simplest games on the market.
>>
>>388962524
>Who the fuck cares about third party

Anyone with actual taste you dumb toddler.
>>
>>388965528
>Playing snake on a non handheld

i mean, come on :) Also the PS4 doesn't even hit 1080 and also doesn't have AA kek
>>
>when?
>>
>>388965856
nice arguments :)

WiiU is dead, bruh
>>
>>388966380
Yeah, that's what i was thinking, what's so performance-heavy about this career mode to warrant it's complete removal?
>>
File: 1501504368953.jpg (38KB, 605x586px) Image search: [Google]
1501504368953.jpg
38KB, 605x586px
>>388962854
>people bought more Infinite Warfare copies than the fucking SWITCH
>>
>>388966415
So, people who don't have taste?
After all sharing the shit tier opinions of the masses without thinking is the opposite of taste.
>>
>>388966465
Don't know why I greentexted that.
>>
>>388966035
my man Splat2 is the best game on that list tho
>>
>>388966352
When people post Wii U launch sales numbers they're being total retards. They always say "The Wii U sold 4 million at launch but then sold almost nothing afterward." No, the Wii U SHIPPED 4 million at launch. It did not sell most of them which is why stores weren't ordering more and the shipped numbers immediately fell off a cliff. A lot of stores ordered units thinking it would be another Wii but no one bought it. The Wii U in truth probably only sold less than 3 million by this point in its life, and it started with a holiday.
>>
>>388966579
>w-we dont need third party games even though they are what made PS4 sell a whole lot more than our consoles!
>>
>>388966035
Snake Pass, Breath of the Wild, and Puyo Puyo Tetris are all multi-platform.
>>
>>388966270
You do know that Salmon Run is an entirely new mode, right? Probably the best horde mode in any game, too.
>>
>>388963106
We have literaly sony niggers in this thread
>>
File: switch true lib.png (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
switch true lib.png
217KB, 1280x720px
>>388966637
?
>>
File: 1387559975465.jpg (73KB, 253x317px) Image search: [Google]
1387559975465.jpg
73KB, 253x317px
>>388965479
>pedophile shit
>bing bing wahoo
>shit
>shit
>shit
>shit
>wii u port
>shit
>wii u port
>ok
>fucking minecraft
>neogeo
>neogeo
>shit
>neogeo
>shit
>shit
>>
>>388966691
Salmon Run is easily DLC. Splat 1 was already changing out maps and modes monthly. Splat 2 is a glorified port.
>>
>>388965882
I have no idea where people are getting this but this is the 3rd thread about a game where people are talking about a 15fps mode.
Anyone know where this started?
>>
>>388966637
none of those other platform are portable though and one of them isn't even being made anymore!
>>
>>388966875
Being portable doesnt make a game instantly better.
>>
>>388966625
It sold 400k at launch then slowed down dramatically
These people are disingenuous shitheads
>>
>>388963106
>That's why most of the industry loved it
Holy shit no, just no.
The industry HATED the PS3 with a passion because it was the single most difficult system to work with. You might think it was a meme like it is nowadays but "no games" was a literal description of the state of the PS3 for several years.
>>
>>388966635
But why does it matter all that much, selling less than the best selling product = failure? Nintendo also has much more things to rely on, they sell less consoles but damn sure those consoles will be filled with Nintendo games, it's all in their pockets. I mean, the Wii U, as poorly as it performed, was still profitable, so why should Nintendo or its fans get worried about the Switch which is performing much better? If it's all about them 3rd parties why didn't the company die with the N64?
>>
>>388966849
Really? Is there another portable system to play Platoon on?

>This included game mode is literally DLC
what does this even mean?

>>388966943
Some games are better played in short bursts and if the choice comes down to portable and non portable, portable always wins
>>
>>388964812
>Hey look, I can do that too.
ACfag is autistic and you should feel ashamed to use him here when he hates almost all games with more than 2 minutes of cinematic whether they are from nintendo or sony
>>
File: six stages grief.jpg (110KB, 634x500px) Image search: [Google]
six stages grief.jpg
110KB, 634x500px
>>388967012
>selling less than the best selling product = failure

You finally reached the final stage.
>>
File: 1504297555089.png (407KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504297555089.png
407KB, 1280x720px
>>388966035
>fixed
>>
>>388966849
>Salmon Run is easily DLC.
Using that logic Gravity Rush 2 could have been DLC too.
>>
SWITCH IS THE GREATESTCONSOLE EVER AND IM TIRED OF /V/ SAYIGN IT BAD IT GOOD, YOU ARE JELOUS OF NINTEDNO'S SUCCESS AND YOU ALL ARE DUM AND NEED OT ENJOY THE GAMES THEY PUT OUT. EVER SECODN THREAD /V/ TALKIGN ABOUT NINTENDO SITCH, AND YOTU KEEP DSHITTIGN ON IT EVEN THPOGUH NITNENDO IS TRYING THEIRE BEST TO PLEASUERE ALL OF ONE. STOP HURTINFG NINTENDO S RELLINGS
>>
>>388967185
Holy falseflag mr. sony nigger
>>
>>388967167
I agree completely. It's a weak sequel.
>>
>>388966771
>>pedophile shit
anon...
>>
>>388962854
>3 CoDs
>2 FIFAs

Fucking why? Especially FIFA, they only change the team players and that's fucking it. At least CoD changes its maps and campaign.
Fucking people buying these are ruining videogames.
>>
>>388965882
>>388966869

Something to do with Sea of Thieves, I think
>>
>>388966637
>nobody owns a wii u.
>BoTW counts is on Wii U so no one will a switch for it
pick a narrative retards.
>>
>>388967185
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>388962319
earth is flat
the sun isn't bright, it's just a really pure shade of white
space is a giant piece of painted cardboard
>>
>>388967248
Nintendo gamers repeatedly buy the same games, too, so the buying behavior exists on both fronts.
>>
>>388967334
No they don't, but the reason normals rebuy fifa/cod every year isn't because they want a new version of the game. The only reason they buy these games is to play online with their "bros" so they need the latest one or they get left behind.
>>
>>388967110
Anon, if that's all it takes to be a failure then half the industry would be a zombie. We could argue even the PS4 is a pathetic product because it can't beat it's predecessors. Nintendo, again, must've "died" multiple times
>>
>>388967334
I don't even think that Nintendo have sold the same game twice even rereleases have heavy changes.
>>
>>388967334
except nintendo franchises typically change it up more between games than your CoDs or FIFA roster updates lel
>>
>>388960795
dont give a fuck,MORE SPLATOON MAPS NINTENDO!
>>
File: mario-kart-8-screenshot-02.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mario-kart-8-screenshot-02.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>388967479
>No they don't

in addition, the virtual console proves you wrong by itself
>>
>>388967484
>We could argue even the PS4 is a pathetic product
it is
>>
>>388967334
true, myself included. Im not defending my retardation. but it's because they have shiny boxes cool CEs and tonnes of collectors shit. fifa is mass produced and has ugly art with no toys. Also only like 1% of the population is homosexual so they must all be buying fifa like twice.
>>
File: 71HTjrSeI5L.jpg (178KB, 1515x520px) Image search: [Google]
71HTjrSeI5L.jpg
178KB, 1515x520px
>>388967597
>except nintendo franchises typically change it up
>>388967508
don't even think that Nintendo have sold the same game twice
>>
>>388961702
>You can walk into just about any store in Europe and find a Switch readily.
This is absolute bullshit. Fucking sonyegros, I swear.
>>
>>388967741
yeah and?
>>
File: 3DS top sellers.jpg (132KB, 1311x556px) Image search: [Google]
3DS top sellers.jpg
132KB, 1311x556px
>>388967479
>No they don't,
They absolutely do.
>>
>>388967741
So you post NSMB Wii, the second game in the series at that point which had several features that weren't present in the original?
I think you're confusing looks with gameplay.
>>
>>388967645
your an idiot. I thought he meant pokemon and shit. Splatoon 2 is on an entirely different platform same as virtual console. I hacked my 3ds and my wii U. But i still play old games on them. Am I supposed to bring my Snes on a plane with me? and nobody owns a wii U to play splatoon on. Keep your narratives straight sonyfaggot
>>
>>388967912
So this is the mind of a Nintendobro. If you gaze upon it, you will see how delusional his world is. It is as jumbled and non logical as the bricks and clouds with eyes of the its imaginative world of a plumber in a strange land
>>
>>388967479
thats pretty dumb logic.
why do their bros buy it then?
>>
>>388967879
What's this meant to prove exactly?
Pokemon is the only series that would come close to what CoD and Fifa does and even then GF makes sure that each game has specific elements exclusive to that game.
>>
>>388967334
True that, but at least they aren't multiplat and they dont release every year like those 2.

>>388967508
>NSMB
>MK8D
>Splatoon 2
>Windwaker HD
>TP HD

Come on now. And they aren't from 3rd parties.

Every company does it anyway, just look at fucking Skyrim.
>>
>>388967989
>your an idiot
>your
And thats how you fuck up any semblance of a post
>>
>>388967879
Your list proves you wrong, mate. Not even him.
>>
>>388962854
Holy shit and they shit talk PC for CS and Dota being popular
>>
>>388968056
not an argument, friend
>>
>>388968165
>but at least they aren't multiplat
Nintendo games will never be multiplat, wtf kind of thing is that? Nintendo will always be on Nintendo consoles.
>>
File: 1464310203653.png (629KB, 570x691px) Image search: [Google]
1464310203653.png
629KB, 570x691px
>>388960795
This is why I only buy Nintendo consoles when they're completely dead and no longer supported.

If you love games your first console will be a ps4, Xbox one or a PC for the support they all get.

Nintendo consoles are secondary. get them only if you want Nintendo exclusives.the hardware is weak, the games are very limited and you will not get any third party support, so you HAVE to like Nintendo.
>>
File: 1493287754199m.jpg (156KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
1493287754199m.jpg
156KB, 1024x782px
I absolutely fucking love how Nintendo exists as an unfathomable enigma to the clueless kiddies of /v/.

Watching the faces of the young, uneducated faggots here contort in anger, confusion and rage as Nintendo stand resolute as an unshakeable behemoth in the video game landscape, continually receiving an outpouring of adulation, critical acclaim and success. It fills me with an endless joy.
>>
>>388965479
>all software
Where is that screen?
>>
>>388968168
oh no a minor grammatical mistake
>>
>>388968267
Well duh. There's no argument that you're a delusional Nintendo fanboy who always buy Nintendo's games cause the next one is always new. You're no different frm the people who continuously buy Fifa and CoD releases. If Nintendo could make a Game X 20XX version, they would do it. In fact, Im pretty sure they're going to do it in the future.
>>
>>388968345
You need to buy enough games first
>>
>>388968341
>Nintendo stand resolute as an unshakeable behemoth in the video game landscape
Oh boy, Nintendo sure is resolute with 4 million switch sales vs the 60+ million of PS4 and other platforms. Wow everyone fear Nintendo.
>>
File: 1504281395099.jpg (692KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1504281395099.jpg
692KB, 1280x1707px
In the end, the best solution is being an idort.
>>
>>388968451
>locking menu screens behind a paywall
>>
>>388968405
But you haven't even argued why buying new nintendo games is bad apart from how similar a handful of games are to their predecessor(despite coming with additional content but whatever) and I didn't even get a WiiU.
>>
>>388968168
Quality argument. I am clearly owned online. Your acknowledgement of my missing apostrophe showcases your intellectual superiority. Also I would like to point out you forgot to end your sentence in a period. Very odd considering you are on one right now.
>>
>>388968585
its okay when nintendo does it
>>
>>388968451
O-oh...
>>
It's an Nvidia shield. They're just lazy assholes.
>>
>>388968168
>thats

lawl get a grip dude
>>
>>388968508
An actual 12 year old.
>>
They mean the Switch is weak.
>>
>>388968647
yeah i went crazy trying to find it too
>>
>>388968760
It's actually pretty powerful for a handheld
>>
>>388967248
Euros
>>
>>388968943
its still weak
>>
>>388960795
Another Sonygro thread.

See >>388962854

/thread
>>
>>388969054
comparatively, not really.
>>
>>388967185
Was it autism?
>>
>>388961069
>It will likely surpass the Wii U, but how about the GC?
That's a good question. It all depends on Pokemon.
>>
>>388969054
so is PS4, xbone, ps4pro, and even xbone X. it's all relative.
>>
>>388968508
PS4 couldn't even outsell 3DS lmao
>>
>>388962854
If Europe got nuked, would that mean an end to Sony's dominance?
>>
>>388964781
>>>388964630
>Give me the non casual specs. Tell me why it's not weak. Give me the lowdown since you were confident in saying such a statement.

Arm CPU in it is dramatically better than consoles shitty Jaguar CPU currently in the PS4/xbone. Where the switch is weak is the GPU end it's a real good gpu mobile wise but not quite up to standards towards consoles it's better than the Wii u much better etc but not quite up to the xbone.

To add the system it sells bandwidth is limited to 25gbps but it isn't a problem due to how Nvidia programmed to read data from the console. It doesn't run Android which is good cause Android os isn't good for games at all.

If you know how to program for arm you can program for switch. This is why indie studios shit out a bunch of games on it. It's not hard and you have to be incompetent as fuck cause arm is well document especially arm 57 cores which the switch uses. Hell Nvidia website tells you how to get the most power out of the chipset.

>>388961440
This faggot right here has no idea what he's talking about good example is splatoon while everything made not be the most graphical constantly tracking ink in the game is very CPU intensive it's always calculating numbers till the end to see who wins. Also switch CPU is locked at 1ghz so what are you talking about the GPU is only clocked down in handheld mode. I'll add tegra x1 is able to get clocks up to 2ghz as well. Nintendo loves using the CPU for stupid shit all the time. The whole physics engine on breath of the wild was Nintendo using the CPU it's literally one of their favorite things to do with games.

Look I don't care if you shitposting about the switch or console warrior shit whatever but don't spew bullshit you have no idea what your talking about people on /v/ are already retarded enough.
>>
>>388967185
Sonyfag falseflag. What a pathetic bunch. NeoGAF is the other way.
>>
>>388969616
>This faggot right here has no idea what he's talking about good example is splatoon while everything made not be the most graphical constantly tracking ink in the game is very CPU intensive it's always calculating numbers till the end to see who wins
You're so ignorant it's adorable. What you're seeing most of the time is shader effects. The actual process of ink spraying is a segmented technique beneath the ink that uses easy cell-based data filling to find out which zone belongs to who. To keep the speed up to date, they utilize a one dimensional array since random access speed is key for second by second updating of ink spread data.

tl;dr shut the fuck up. You're spouting shit from some article you read and trying to form some thoughts without any real knowledge of how the shit works.
>>
>>388962854
What are you trying to say? That 1/4 of all ps4 owners boughts gta5? Do you think that means of 60 mil have to buy the one game otherwise they don't buy anything? Does nintendo force everybody to buy their new mario or zelda games?
>>
>>388968509
>"Welcome. Welcome to City 17. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. I thought so much of City 17 that I elected to establish my administration here, in the Citadel so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I've been proud to call City 17 my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown - welcome to City 17. It's safer here. "
>>
>>388968165
>>NSMB
4 in the series and each have had power-ups, side games etc. to themselves and Wii U even had an expansion for Luigi.
>>MK8D
Reworked Kart stats
Dual items
4(?) new characters
3 new Karts
Battle mode
Only one new outfit
>>Splatoon 2
Entirely new specials
New Weapons
Salmon Run
New Story mode bosses and all
>>Windwaker HD
Hero mode
Swift Sail
Shortened Triforce quest
Several new treasure charts
Pictobox selfies
Mechanical changes varying from the magic shield using rupees to the addition of gyro aiming
>>TP HD
Hero mode
Cave of Shadows If you have the amiibo which is also another thing, amiibo support
Tears of light number reduced

Even the remasters that are supposed to be the same game have differences to some degree.
Ghost Lantern
>>
>>388969924
>tl;dr shut the fuck up
Same back at you. It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>388960795
hopefully it's like the 3ds where fifa releases a shit game and pes releases a game that's actually good. fucking fifa didn't even include online play in the 3ds version while pes did lol. it's best to just have one soccer game on the device anyway mario strikers, please. buying the same shit year after year, sportsfags should be ashamed. stay on ps4 and promote that practice over there
>>
>>388965392
Where are the games, then?
>>
>>388964404
*5 cents have be deposited in your origin account
>>
>>388968338
I bought a wii U years ago and I don't regret it honestly. The PS4 had bloodborne for most of its life, while the xbox had nothing. Now the ps4 has Nioh. If it get a third good game i will take it.
>>
>>388960795
>one dev says its fairly easy
>another dev says is very difficult
so someone's lying or are just incompetent/lucky but who?
>>
>>388968338
>If you love games your first console will be a ps4, Xbox one or a PC for the support they all get.
That's the last reason to buy those systems given that their video games are bordering on the definition.
>>
>>388971357
One proves it releasing an efficient game, the other goes "eh it wouldn't work trust me"
>>
>>388971357
It's incompetence with a dash of laziness.
Reminder, these are the same people who managed to shit out a yearly game for the PS3 of all things.
>>
>>388965856
>port designed as new game
Platinum Mad.
>>
>yesterday 2K was bad guy for 30 fps while FIFA guys were good guy for 60 fps 1080p

>today 2k is good guy , fifa is bad guy for this

literally contradict with yourself /v/>>388962424
>>388962870
>>388962764
>>388961465
>>
>>388971446
>PC doesn't have a plethora of good games

Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>388971646
Here's the thing anon, there's a scale of importance to these and it goes
Gameplay > Framerate > graphics
Lowering the framerate is one thing but when you remove chunks of the gameplay and still call it the same game then you shouldn't be selling the game to begin with.
>>
>>388972549
Thats pretty fucking stupid. Its not a linear relationship. Framerate is more important than anything below 10. it doesnt fucking matter at all past like 120, and so on. Graphics is similar etc.
>>
>>388967167
Yes.
>>
>>388972871
So you're telling me that you would accept removed gameplay in a game over a lower framerate or graphics?
Neo-/v/ everyone, where the game is the least important part of a game.
>>
>>388973114
>you would accept removed gameplay in a game over a lower framerate or graphics?
Yes 100% If its the complete game at 1fps or the game with a mode missing at 120fps I would take the latter.
But you would always prefer the former right? after all you said "Gameplay > Framerate > graphics."
Its more a Cobb Douglas function anon. you want to maximize a combination of them.
>>
>>388972871
>Framerate is more important
Framerate is nowhere near as important as the actual game you're playing especially if the game doesn't even need to be at 60fps like most sports games the same goes for graphics.
I don't think you realise this either but you're literally trying to defend false advertising too.
>>
>>388973339
What an absolutely parodical exaggeration, nobody will try to sell you a 1fps game anon
>>
>>388973339
>If its the complete game at 1fps
Which takes us back to this >>388972549
The game is complete but then the framerate is unacceptable.
>>
>>388973545
>What an absolutely parodical exaggeration, nobody will try to sell you a 1fps game anon
Thats too bad. Because you were just saying how gameplay is more important 100% of the time. imagine the mechanics we could get on a switch if we didnt try and achieve playable framerates
,>>388973446
in order to preceive a sense of motion you need at least a certain framerate. But sure thats somehow me defending false advertisement you giant fucking cumbucket. That makes sense to someone somwhere. Sports games benefit from framerate even past 30. albeit not as much as 1-30. I dont play Fifa, but id take a ps3 version of NHL or Madden at 60fps over the ps4 version at 30. Not that that doesnt mean you cant readd some features or that is even what is going on now.
>>
>>388960795
FIFA 18 on switch will have Fifa Ultimate team though.

It has everything but the shitty journey mode.

You guys take anything said badly about the switch and shitpost about it all.
>>
>>388974024
>in order to preceive a sense of motion you need at least a certain framerate
And no sports game needs more than 30 for that. If I'm being totally honest anything above it is only necessary for a game that has a strict reliance of frames and inputs.
>But sure thats somehow me defending false advertisement you giant fucking cumbucket
Of course it is you fucking retard, the game they're selling is lacking a large, advertised feature.
How is it not false advertisement if it's literally not the same product they're advertising?
>>
>>388974475
>Of course it is you fucking retard, the game they're selling is lacking a large, advertised feature.
How is it not false advertisement if it's literally not the same product they're advertising?
I dont know anything about fifa. Im not gay and/or European. Im just saying
>>388972549
Is a retarded statement. Then you are spinning it in retarded ways and putting words in my mouth.
>>
>>388974024
>Because you were just saying how gameplay is more important 100% of the time.
You idiot, gameplay is far more important than the framerate but that's not to say that the framerate isn't important at all.
What that anon was trying to say was that each have their importance towards the game but anything lower than the gameplay itself can take some sacrifices.

In your situation you've blown it to an extreme that has never happened in the history of gaming.
>>
>>388967296
Sea of thieves has a 540p 15FPS lock option, presumably on PC so more people can play it.
>>
>>388974858
>I dont know anything about fifa. Im not gay and/or European. Im just saying
>>>388972549
>Is a retarded statement.
How is it retarded if it's true? No company should sacrifice gameplay over framerates or graphics considering the gameplay IS the game.
>Then you are spinning it in retarded ways and putting words in my mouth.
You're literally condoning false advertisement by defending the removal of that content.

And you say you're not gay but you're chugging an awful lot of EA cock right now.
>>
>>388975196
>You idiot, gameplay is far more important than the framerate
This again. Trying playing the best gameplay at 5fps.
Its not a fucking linear relationship. One is more important than the other, to differing values. based on the amount of either. passed 60 I would argue gameplay is hugely more important, 30-60 start thinking sacrifices for gameplay 1-30 forget about gameplay tell you have a better framerate. Obviously it depends on the type of game etc. Same as graphics and the other two. Some games Id rather have look nicer at 30 some Id rather have run a bit better to take the hit to graphics. But it still depends. The higher the framerate the more important graphics are and vice versa.

>>388975629
Yes I suck EA cock all day everyday because im not some fucking hs dropout level retard who thinks it has to be a strictly linear level of importance. Ill tell EA immediately they should have targeted 2fps 340p in Titanfall 2 so it could have a few more gameplay capabilities.
>>
>>388975863
You didn't even attempt to read my post did you given that you've still thrown out a situation that would never happen.
Given that it answers everything in this post I'll throw it up again.
>What that anon was trying to say was that each have their importance towards the game but anything lower than the gameplay itself can take some sacrifices.

You just don't seem to understand that the gameplay IS the game removing chunks of it would be akin to removing chunks of a movie after its theatrical release.
Oh and I doubt they would cut the price for the game to reflect the lack of that content either so it would be a situation where the consumer would be paying more for literally less.

>30-60 start thinking sacrifices for gameplay
You are an utter moron.
At no point should you be sacrificing the content. The only correct answer is to either reduce the graphics when it comes to either texture or resolution or lock the framerate to 30 to maintain the gameplay, as I've said before the gameplay IS the game.
>1-30 forget about gameplay tell you have a better framerate.
And again you're putting far less importance on the gameplay. Not to mention you're bringing up a near impossible scenario again.
Correct answer: drop graphics, maintain gameplay.

The worst part about this is that you're still going to think that the order of importance is subjective.
>>
>>388977206
It honestly astonishes me how stupid some people can be about this. Its basic logical thinking. But whatever keep thinking in terms of these stupid absolutes. I never said the "order of importance" was subjective. I said its nonlinear. It depends on many factors. I would argue so much so infact that past 120 framerate doesnt matter at all. I get that you think at 200fps framerate is still more important than graphics because your mother drank alot when she was pregnant but its possible to think. "framerate is more important than graphics at certain values, but not always"

If I had to make a function it would be like
if framerate 30-60
(gameplay^4)(framerate^2))(graphics)
if framerate greater than 60
(gameplay^4)(framerate))(graphics)
if frame rate less than 30
(gameplay^4)(framerate^5))(graphics)

Obviously in each three of these functions which is more important or needs to be added to depends on the value of each. 0 graphics gameplay or framerate makes it garbage.

But keep saying FRAMERATE IS always less important simply because no games come out at 5fps. Why? because devs and publishers know you are full of shit and wouldnt actually buy the 5fps game. No matter what the gameplay.
>>
File: 1503200220928.png (267KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503200220928.png
267KB, 520x600px
>/v/ is Defending EA.

Holy fucking shit. Someone nuke this shithole already.
>>
>>388978063
literally who itt is doing that though?
>>
>>388962682
I bought a ps4pro, ill always buy 3rd party support on the switch
>>
>>388964285
"Most games go underreported unless the dev specifically comes out to state them."

And if they were good numbers we'd hear about them, would we not?
>>
>>388960795
Ah the evidence keeps piling up that Switch can't run modern games for shit. Should have known when its entire current library looks like shit visually and have no technical leaps from the fucking Wii U.

Monster Hunter World NEVER EVER.
AND THANK GOD FOR THAT
>>
>every other developer says it's easy
>EA says it's hard

When you hire passionless university codemonkeys who now primarily learn and use c# what do you honestly expect.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1504012782079.jpg (50KB, 640x947px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504012782079.jpg
50KB, 640x947px
>>388968341
I kek'd

/v/ is my favorite circle of hell.

Better than /vp/
>>
>>388962682
Yeah no.
>>
>>388971646
EA FIFA was always the bad guys.

The only reason they exist to begin with was due to shady business practices making it impossible for Konami to acquire any rights on actual real world players and teams, which was only abolished a few years ago.
>>
>>388980642
basically this
they release LITERALLY the same game, across multiple franchises, every single fucking year
of course they're going to complain when they have to do actual work
>>
>>388968341
ok mr smarty pants, whats the reason i'm missing? because for the last few generations nintendo has consistently used garbage hardware and shit games

as far as I can tell its because they refuse to do anything different than mario, peach and luigi because people have decided that's where to put their money towards
>>
>>388973114
Welcome to hell,
>>
>>388960795
It doesn't matter what sports games Devs say, those fucks are some of the laziest Devs on the planet
The most they do each year take last years game, add a few new details to its graphics along with some name change for the players and then sell it as a brand new game
to them any type of difficulty means too difficult because they are used to sitting on their ass making dollars off of Chads
>>
>>388960795
knowing EA, they're just a bunch of incompetent retards
>>
>>388970112
>Cave of Shadows If you have the amiibo which is also another thing, amiibo support
oh joy, physical dlc unlocks! thanks nintendo for having the veracity to go back your e-reader days!
>>
>>388981291
>as far as I can tell its because they refuse to do anything different than mario, peach and luigi

>He says this while probably costantly badmouthing every new Nintendo ip
>>
>indie devs say porting to Switch is a breeze
>EA hotshot has trouble with it
lmao
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503855420583.jpg (22KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503855420583.jpg
22KB, 640x479px
>>388974334
Sonygros shitpost what they cannot comprehend,
A weak tablet is selling in npd whereas the Xbox one is nowhere near the two, outsold by the dying 3ds.

Kek
>>
>>388981531
How is physical doc any worse than regular dlc? At least I get a nice figure out of it and it has resale value. Not to mention the same amount unlocks stuff for multiple games while standard dlc only works once and for the game it was purchased for. Can't do shit with digital dlc, while I can share my amino with my friends.
>>
>>388980642
Maybe because every developer is a fucking indie developer making games that can run on old phones?

Why is Square taking so long for a Dragon Quest port?
>>
>>388963106
Yeah, that must be why everyone in the industry complained how hard it was to develop for and why 99% of the multiplats for the first five years where noticeably worse than the 360 versions
>>
>>388960795
Meh they should have waited for AMD Raven Ridge and have x86 hardware like all other consoles instead of that Nvidia garbage.
>>
>>388981537
The new ips like splatoon are nice but they have consistenly slapped mario and friends onto existing ips instead of creating new characters for literally decades

its why they are successful and also why they are intellectually bankrupt
>>
>>388980064
I don't even care about world at all.

Now a monster hunter portable 5th thats what I am waiting for.
>>
what ever will i do without my poverty ball video game?
>>
>>388981776
>resale value
I see your point but at the same time what happens when there is a shortage or the amiibos become unavailable?
>>
>>388981792
Even other big name studios have had no problems, even Skyrim and Minecraft run fine on the Switch, with the only issue given that having to build for portable and docked mode requires effort, but look at one of those games, Skyrim, Bethesda are one of the development studios I would consider less competent than EA, their games always run and look like shit compared to their contemporaries, but it's running fine on Switch. don't recall the NBA 2k18 devs having issues with the Switch, even though NBA 2k18 is running on the same engine as the other versions. Even Ubisoft managed to make a game both look nice and rune cromulently on the Switch, EA have no excuses.

>why is this port taking so long

Because Square can't just lazily push the Vita version onto the Switch like they did with Heroes.
>>
>>388982059
Raven ridge isn't even ready yet, plus Volta will blow it out of the water.
>>
>>388982293
Amiibo cards are on sale on ebay in bulk.

And amiiqo
>>
>>388963106
This is why nobody takes your bad opinions seriously.
>>
>>388982305
Raven Ridge is a low end/midrange apu mostly for notebooks/tablets it has nothing to do with Volta.
>>
File: 1501297977064.gif (3MB, 245x263px) Image search: [Google]
1501297977064.gif
3MB, 245x263px
>>388982117
>tfw no Monster Hunter World for Nintendo Switch
>>
>>388960795
Yurop doesn't care about Nintendo so I imagine the port is just lazy.
>>
>EA shittalks Nintendo again
Why is this news worthy?
>>
>>388981776
The only problem is that Nintendo need to develop some kind of standards system for the extend of amiibo unlockables, cosmetics are fine, I would be interested in seeing things like a Mario Amiibo unlocking a Mario hat for Splatoon characters, or for Xenoblade chronicles X paint jobs with Nintendo characters locked behind Amiibo is fine, it really depends on the game too, say allowing you to build an AI character in Smash bros without an Amiibo but making them transportable with an Amiibo.

Fusion difficulty is unacceptable, but the art and soundtrack, who cares, that's going to be dumped to PC within the hour anyway in a more easily digestable form.
>>
EA's still salty because Nintendo wouldn't let them put Origin on the Wii U
>>
>Fifa

To be completely honest these are the same idiots who complain how hard it is to develop for PC.
>>
>>388962764
They always been shady assholes, like using a loophole in their Genesis publishing contract to use counterfeit cartridges instead of the real ones because they cost them less. Their main problem with Nintendo lately is that they wanted to be the ones taking care of Nintendo's online store and infrastructure and Nin said no.

But I absolutely would be surprised if Nintendo are still the huge assholes to 3rd parties like they were in the past, it's the sole reason why the playstation got so much support from third parties.
>>
>>388982298
If they had no problems, porting would have taken less than a month.
>>
Yay, another thread about how underpowered a Nintendo console is! I love seeing the same arguments over and over again. I love seeing people say they're doomed and it's all over for them.
>>
>>388983721
You're possibly handicapped or know nothing about video games.
>>
>>388981708
No indie game is as complicated as an EA game. Don't lie
>>
>>388984183
I know more than you, kiddo. And I could kick your ass with one arm tied behind my back.
>>
>>388984442
Nice bait faggot, but even by SEs own admission a PC port of FFXV would have taken over a year, moving from identical cpu architecture, using the same APIs that the Xbox One version already uses without any power constraints and you seem to think that a port you know nothing about on siginficantly different hardware architecturally and power wise would take a month. You don't even know if the Switch version is a straight port of the PS4 version or a consolidated 3ds/PS4 version.

Try harder next time.

>>388984270
Golf Story looks more complicated than Fifa.

Career mode, RPG, even alternate golf forms, as well as a large cast of characters.
>>
Basically it's too weak to handle the real game.
>>
File: 1459431352095.gif (2MB, 322x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459431352095.gif
2MB, 322x250px
>>388984768
>Golf Story looks more complicated than Fifa.
And here. We. Go.
>>
>>388984926
Handles the same release of NBA 2K18 with only visual downgrades, EA are lazy sheckel grabblers.
>>
>>388984967
As a game it is, it even looks to be more fun, obviously the engine isn't, but it's not like more complex engines haven't been made for, or ported to the Switch already, Mario X Rabbids is using Snowdrop and looks great, the engine was both ported to the Switch and was reworked for completely different gameplay than what the engine is used for, the fucking Tom Clancy's the Division engine. Yes this thread is obviously full of shitposters ironically defending EA.
>>
>>388985381
Please stop talking out of your ass with the belief gold story is more complicated of a game than Fifa. You're a dumbass.
>>
>nintendo can make an open world game with fauna, enemies and locations.

>EA finds hard to render 22 mannequins running after a ball on it.

Maybe they cant fit enough glitches on it.
>>
>>388986298
>>nintendo can make an open world game with fauna, enemies and locations.
more like nintendo can copy paste a large expanse with little fauna, enemies, and locations
>>
>>388962854
>Cod
>FIFA
>Uncharted
>FIFA again
>Cod again
>Cod yet again

What the fuck kind of hell is this? Does EA and Activision hold half of Sony's stock each or something?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.