[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gothic 2 just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Gothic-II-PC[1].jpg (96KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Gothic-II-PC[1].jpg
96KB, 1024x768px
Is Gothic 2 just a meme?
>>
File: 1504261928129.jpg (510KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504261928129.jpg
510KB, 1080x1080px
>File name
>Not 'aaa'
>>
Memes are a meme
>>
>>388960527
Only if rpgs are a meme
>>
File: Gothic2.jpg (746KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gothic2.jpg
746KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>388961129
>didn't spec dex for the rapier
???
>>
>>388962005
don't need it. I 2 shot orc elites.
>>
>>388960527
>3 guys shill hard how awesome this game is
>post webms of standard gameplay and admit the writing is trash.

it wasn't even meme status desu
>>
File: Gothic2_mage_ritual.jpg (766KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gothic2_mage_ritual.jpg
766KB, 1920x1080px
>>388962292
The writing isn't that bad. It's open world is what makes it great though.
>>
>>388960527
At the time it was very good. Gen Z'ers may just not be able to get into it because its age.
>>
>>388962292
>writing
>trash
It's not. The plot is simple but execution is top notch.
>>
Only Gothic 1 is a great game.
NotR is only good part of 2
>>
>>388960527
No it is legitimately a great game but the only one in the series. The first is only worth playing to make 2 more meaningful. 3 and 4 are trash.
>>
>>388960527
Yep. Absolute garbage combat that /v/ fellates the shit out of.
>>
Got it a couple of weeks ago. The controls are incompatible with the combat. I very quickly began to despise meeting new characters because they were all "oh great here we go again".

I seriously regret the 5 bucks and the 9 hours I spent getting it to even work on my computer. No amount of world design can make the actual gameplay stomachable. Morrowind is better, but I still have to try Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>388963874
>Start a saga by the second game
>mad that he doesn't know the characters
You are a bona-fide retard.
>>
>>388963197
Gothic 1 is superior in almost every aspect.
More guilds, you can be shadow, old camp guard, fire mage, water mage, necromancer, all in one playthrough
Combat is shit in G2, you either hit hard if you crit or do about 5dmg if you don't.
Colony is a much more interesting setting than regular fantasy, all of the world creatures are original except for wolves.
Being a mage is awful in G2, not an optional bonus to make yourself even more powerful, magic is too costly so you have to put more points into it, cannot go true hybrid.
Plot is much more superior, lovecraftian monster instead of boring dragons.
There is even an actual river current that does make sense.

I could go for hours.
>>
>>388963874
What do you expect, when you start with the second entry? People like you are the reason why siblings dont have unprotected sex
>>
I love how getting Uriziel disables one of the flaws of the first game, finishing off enemies.
There is nothing more annoying than crossbow man getting up and shooting you in the back.
You can then massacre the whole old camp with undisturbed pleasure, and it was actually supposed to be lore accurate.
>>
>>388960527
Is the magic or archery any good in 2 or is the only way to play Strength/two-handed like in 1?
>>
>>388964736
They fucked up archery in 2 and you have to put many points into skill training unlike 1.
You will miss if you stand too far in 2.
Archery is great in 1 because training is not that necessary and you don't have to gimp your str.
>>
>>388963969
>>388964294
That's not what I meant. I mean they all have chips on their shoulders and have strange demands and waste so many words on nothing, and naturally you have to exhaust all the dialogue if you don't want to miss anything. I don't mind not knowing people, but talking to them is a chore. This isn't my main point about the game, though. More of an odd trend I noticed.
>>
>>388965168
I kind of pity westerners not being able to understand one of the greatest dubs in gaming history which is the polish dubbing.
In my country many people know Gothic sentences by heart, every single dialogue is a joy to listen.
Probably 1/3 of the enjoyment is hearing the voices.
Makes you actually WANT to listen.
>>
>>388963874
>wahh combat is bad
>but morrowind's is great
morrowind shill detected
>>
>>388966649
I would say Gothic (the first one) actually have one of the better combat systems in a western rpg.
It has pretty cool looking combos, animation change as you level, including their speed and the way your character wield the weapon.
It is mix between pure mechanical mastery combat as you can parry every blow and stat based one as you cannot block foes you don't aim at.
Different weapons also have different range so a long sword might be preferred against beasts and a short fast one against humans.
>>
>>
>>388960527
No, it's a real game.
>>
>>388967253
I am really not sure whether someone was trying to imply how shitty the AI is, or how cool the combat looks.
>>
>>388968187
Looked to me like they were showing how braindead the combat is.
>>
File: 1468926637510.png (904KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468926637510.png
904KB, 500x1000px
>>388963874
>combat is bad meme
FOR THE LAST TIME

DO NOT USE MOUSE WHEN PLAYING GOTHIC
IT WAS MADE FOR KEYBOARD ONLY
USE ARROWS AND HAVE THE OTHER HAND ON CTRL
THIS IS HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED

YOU WILL NOT RUN INTO ANY ISSUES IF YOU PLAY THIS WAY, THE CAMERA WORKS WELL WITHOUT MOUSE AND YOU NEED THE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL OF SWINGS FOR COMBAT AND INTERACTING WITH STUFF

FUCKING INBRED MONGOLOIDS THIS GAME IS PROBABLY OLDER THAN YOU
>>
Its better than morrowind, so I guess if its a meme, then its a good one.
>>
>>388969019
Fucking this.

Gothic 2 has the best controls ever. You can literally play this game with one hand if you use WSAD for moving and left ctrl for picking stuff and locking onto enemies.

Fucking kids dont know how to play this game.
>>
>>388963874
>Morrowind is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcUQQOODv0
Hmmm
>>
>>388969480
i think it'd be better if Morrowind had the combat style of Gothic.
>>
>>388960527
arcania is better
>>
>>388969653
And fully voiced dialogue with better conversation.
And more reactive world.
And some actual characters instead of a lore dump.
And some better music with the exception of the main theme and few others.

I would play the shit outta that Morrowind.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.