[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Gamer: Top Horror Games to Play on Pc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: pcgamer.jpg (65KB, 887x545px) Image search: [Google]
pcgamer.jpg
65KB, 887x545px
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-horror-games/

Seems like a decently solid list, there's a few spotty choices though (Dark Souls as a horror game?)
>>
For people who just want to see the list

Resident Evil 7
Inside
Stories Untold
Outlast 2
System Shock 2
IMSCARED
Thumper
Silent Hill 2
Sylvio
Anchorhead
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Dark Souls
Dead Space
Stalker: Call of Pripyat
The Walking Dead (lel)
Harvester
Pathologic
Condemned: Criminal Origins
The Evil Withi
Soma
Metro 2033
Slender
Alien: Isolation
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
FEAR
Resident Evil HD Remaster
>>
It's shit
Everything is either normie shit or literally who: the game. A fucking text adventure? Lol
>>
REmake is on PC now isn't it? REmake it is
>>
>>388959715
even mods like cry of fear are better than 90% of the games in this list
>>
Thumper counts as a horror game?
>>
>>388960592
>System Shock 2
>Dark Souls
>Metro 2033
This don't even qualify
>>
>>388959715

Dark Souls has a horror aesthetic. That's not necessarily the same thing as being a "horror game," or games like Doom and Quake would also count (and some people do believe they count).

I hate labels anyway. People spend too much time fighting over the word and not enough about whether or not a game works at selling a certain mood or mechanic.
>>
>>388960592
>most aren't even horror
Every time
>>
>>388960592
is soma worth the $8?
>>
>>388960592
Oh shit, I've been meaning to play Anchorhead for a while. Any anons have an opinion on it? Looks p. comfy.
>>
File: 1473968356948.jpg (109KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473968356948.jpg
109KB, 516x440px
>>388960592
>Silent Hill 2
Every time. Dumb plebeians
>>
>Inside

Yeah for real. That game terrified the shit out of me. The bit where I had to jump on the thing and drag the other thing really got me sweating
>>
>>388961967
well 1 isn't available on PC and the rest of them are garbage.
>>
>>388961814
I got it for about that a while ago and never finished it. It's cool but only just.
>>
>>388959715
I'm a horror fanatic but I'd never heard of Sylvio. Actually looks pretty cool.
>>
>>388959715
dark souls is anything you want it to be, argumentatively.
There is strategic thought involved, and the inventory is not paused, so you can also call it an RTS.
>>
>>388960592
What a shit list.
>Slender
lmao
>>
>>388962345
the ending of the game is absolute kino - it gave me shivers the first time I beat it
>>
>>388962229
I thought 1 was? But in any case, both 1 and 3 are better than 2.
>>
>It's a "/v/ gets autistic about a list" thread
>>
>>388962535
Slender still gets me genuinely tensed up once you collect a few pages. The sound design is also really well done which helps so I don't think it's too out of place on this list especially if you can think about it outside of the context of a youtube jumpscare meme game. Something that most of /v/ is unable to do.
>>
>>388960592
Such a shit list
>Resident Evil 7 over every other classic RE that isn't REmake
>Outlast 2 of all things
>System Shock 2 is a horror game now
>Silent Hill 2 over 1, 3 and even 4
>Amnesia, babby's first walking sim
>Dead Space is horror now
>Dark Souls is horror now
>The Walking Dead is horror now
>The Evil Within is horror now
>Metro 2033 is horror now
>Slender and Alien are good now
>FEAR is horror now
Pathetic
>>
>>388961008

Welcome to /v. The place where the popular and unknown and everything inbetween is shit.
>>
File: 1409775369171.jpg (59KB, 689x568px) Image search: [Google]
1409775369171.jpg
59KB, 689x568px
>>388964462
>>
At least it has Pathologic.

Also what's with the contrarians against SH2?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.