[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoshi's Island sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: This game sucks.jpg (51KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
This game sucks.jpg
51KB, 512x448px
You heard me. Yoshi's Island is "just ok" at best.
Does it have great graphics? Yes. Does it have a pretty decent soundtrack? Sure.
Does it have good gameplay? Fuck no
>tons of gimmicky random transformation stages
>platforming is average
>no secrets and exploration like Super Mario World
>stupidly fucking annoying baby system, doesn't even add challenge and just serves to annoy you with the WAAAH WAAAH WAAH system

This game is painfully mediocre, maybe average. I have no idea why it's hailed as the masterpiece it is.
Also, Donkey Kong Country is even worse, but Super Mario World is a genuine masterpiece.
>>
>>388959053
i agree on the baby system.

also dkc is average. dkc2 is a masterpiece and possibly the best platformer ever made.
>>
>>388959053
Now hold on for a second. what's wrong with Donkey Kong Country?
>>
>>388959259
dkc2 is overrated as shit
>>
>>388959348
now you have to fight me faggot
>>
okay.
>>
File: 1501085431397.jpg (39KB, 490x342px) Image search: [Google]
1501085431397.jpg
39KB, 490x342px
>>388959381
come at me, shithead
>>
>>388959053
I agree in some way, because Wooly World is the best of the series.
>>
Shit taste.
>>
>>388959053
I bet you're real fun at parties.
>>
once again OP is a faggot
>>
>>388959053
>Super Mario World is a genuine masterpiece
And it'a also by far the easiest of the 3 games in your post, casual.
>>
if you want shitty yoshi game. yoshi's island ds is the one you want.
>>
File: disgustcat.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
disgustcat.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>388959339
It's nothing: the game. There is absolutely nothing in the game except moving right and jumping on enemies, and the occasional ride on an animal level.Try to name any unique mechanics or interesting novel levels or moments in DKC like you can with Super Mario World.

For example, you can name so many interesting, unique and memorable moments the latter, say flying under Soda Bridge, the Forest of Illusion, discovering the Switch Palaces, Star Road and then Special World on top of that, the Ghost Houses, discovering the different colored Yoshis, finding key door secret exists, etc.
In DKC and Yoshi's Island the platforming is barebones and neither of them have anything else going for them besides pretty graphics for their time. The only thing you can say they possibly have over SMW is better boss fights, and that's just one isolated element in a mediocre full package.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.