[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they planning to make him a meme from the beginning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: solaire-of-astora-large.jpg (91KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
solaire-of-astora-large.jpg
91KB, 600x338px
Were they planning to make him a meme from the beginning?
>>
>>388954720
Does it hurt being that retarded, OP?
>>
File: solaire.gif (58KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
solaire.gif
58KB, 640x320px
>>388954720
No. Solaire is and was always meant to be a strange religious fanatic with a noble heart and a tragic narrative arc. He's unconditionally kind and helpful to you throughout the game, and always helps you along the way but it's sad because you can't help him back. You literally can't understand what it is he's actually looking for, (whatever "his sun" is, it's clearly something personal to his religious dedication) and you can do nothing to help him find it, and he ends up dying unceremonially and pointlessly with you still not knowing what it is he lived and died for.

Then the fanbase made him into a living meme.
>>
>>388956049
*unceremoniously
>>
>>388956049
Except you can save his life
>>
>>388957595
Good luck without a guide.
>>
>>388958659
He kindling the flame after defeating gwyn in his dimencion is canon tho. Not that it takes form the character hes till awesome
>>
>>388954720
no
>>
>>388959021
Huh?
>>
File: 1499194732787.jpg (51KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
1499194732787.jpg
51KB, 359x305px
>tfw beat dark souls 20 times or so and got all the cheevos and still haven't seen each character's ending or used every summon
>>
>>388959674
Miyazaki said that Solaire defeated Gwyn in his own universe (time is convoluted in Lordran) and linked the fire.
>>
>>388959909
Maybe DaS lore is too deep for me but how can Gwyn simultaneously exist in the different places at the same time and if Solaire linked the fire why isn't he tending to it like Gwyn was when you encounter him at the Kiln of the First Flame?
>>
>>388960208
The series is chock full of time paradoxes. I'm no expert, so someone correct me if I fuck up, but your solaire is from another universe overlapping yours. You pull him into your universe as a phantom with a soapstone. In that universe, solaire went on the journey you go on and also succeeded. Two different chains of events, and two different lords of cinder: you and solaire.
>>
>>388960821
Intersting, do you know which one it is we fight in Dark Souls III at the end?
>>
File: fs3Lkmj.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
fs3Lkmj.png
342KB, 394x394px
>>388959874
>Using summons.

I really hope no one did. Unless it's your first playtrough ever and you haven't touched a videogame ever.

Okay that's not true. But summons make this game too easy. Some people might like that.
>>
>>388961367
The soul of cinder? The fire has been linked so many times at that point that everyone who had ever linked the fire combined their souls into one being.
>>
>>388961672
You dont summon on your first playthrough
you summon afterwards.
>>
>>388961672
I don't need to use them, but fighing some of the bosses is boring enough after the umpteenth time so I just do it for shits and giggles, besides using them can be a chore since they aggro every enemy on the way like idiots
>>
>>388956049
>Solaire is and was always meant to be a strange religious fanatic with a noble heart and a tragic narrative arc.
With that kind of writing? No. He sounds like a silly "grossly incandescent, so randum! :-)))" character from the first time you speak with him.

It doesn't help that he's a fucking retard in combat who can't even walk down a small flight of stairs and would rather jump off the nearby ledge for 20% of his HP.
>>
>>388961672
>summons make this game too easy
Hold on. I thought Dark Souls was supposed to be the hardest game in existence with no handholding whatsoever. Are you trying to pull a trick on me?
>>
No true meme is ever planned.
There's a reason why "forced meme" is a term that exists.
>>
>>388962272
You're playing the game wrong.

NG+ character with no stat improvements, bare handed run, no guide, no summons only or you're a casual fuckface
>>
File: siegmeyer_of_catarina.jpg (189KB, 470x570px) Image search: [Google]
siegmeyer_of_catarina.jpg
189KB, 470x570px
>First playthrough
>Like Solaire but don't really think about him too much
>Love the fuck out of Siegmeyer and Sieglinde
>>
>>388961672
I summon for Moonlight Butterfly because the fight is incredibly boring since you can't hit her until she arbitrarily decides to rest her head.

Summoning is also an in game mechanic to be used, these games aren't hard without it either so I don't see why it matters.
>>
>>388962272
A lot of the bosses, especially in DaS2, were designed with summons in mind, but people want to challenge themselves, while also making sure that their self-imposed challenges are imposed on other people.

Dark Souls games aren't that hard, their controls are just bad and they're full trial and error gameplay.
>>
>>388962467
>using attacks at all
>not reading item descriptions
You're a bigger casual than I am.
>>
>>388962175
Brainlet
>>
>>388961367
the soul of cinder is everyone who linked the fire
that's why it uses multiple dark souls 1 play styles
pretty much all that's missing is a complete faggot who oneshots you with analbeads and a backstab fisher (because they're the kinda queers who always pick dark lord ending)
>>
>>388961771
I was half expecting a "yo mama" comparison...

But seriously, wasn't solaire some sort of fallen angel? A former divine beeing, that seeks to gain divinity again "the sun".
I think his equipment said, that he must have superpowers, because he uses mediocre equipment and still survives
>>
>>388963092
>I think his equipment said, that he must have superpowers

His equipment just says that it's completely ordinary.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/armor-of-the-sun
>>
>>388962890
How long of a time span is there in between I and III and do we know how long the Chosen Undead managed to kindle the flame before someone else took their place?
>>
>>388963092
Solaire was the mortal squire to the fallen god of war, the nameless king. Through nothing but training and faith, he grew to fight alongside one of the strongest gods.
>>
>>388963545
DaS2 made it seem like tens of thousands of years passed between it and DaS1, but DaS3's item descriptions make it seem like no time at all has passed, as they talk about kingdoms that didn't even exist during DaS2's time.
>>
File: BigHat_Logan.jpg (167KB, 1280x1070px) Image search: [Google]
BigHat_Logan.jpg
167KB, 1280x1070px
Were they planning on making based from the start?
>>
I'm exactly stuck at this part. I'm a Thief with a scimitar.
After killimg the final Boss I was about to level up then I died... Then died again on my way to recover the Souls.

I Don't know what to do. I got besides that dragón going down the Bridge, through that way with rats that leads to a Knight that insta kills me...

This game is not fun. It's not even infuriating in a challenging way, it's just tiresome
>>
>>388962175
what is english dub
>>
>>388965641
>After killimg the final Boss I was about to level up
What? Once you kill Gwyn you either link the fire or leave and the game ends.
>>
>>388964981
time is convoluted, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>388960208
it's a magical multiverse
>>
>>388965909
he probably meant "first" boss (outside the tutorial), the Taurus Demon
>>
>>388964981
It might be one of those instances where the game can't decide whether or not it has omniscient narration.
The game itself knows about these long lost empires, but the world and characters don't. That's one theory I've heard, at least.
>>
>>388966157
Well it definitely made DaS3 seem less mythical. DaS2 made DaS1 seem like this incredible myth full of gods and monsters that was lost to time. DaS3 makes it seem like nothing is lost and we're just at the end of the linking of the flame now.
>>
>>388965641
Well assuming you meant >>388966085, which after reading your post you probably did I'll let you in some things. You can easily run past the rats or if you're good enough you can bait out the dragon then run past it and unlock a shortcut to get to the beginning of the Parish. From there run right up the stairs and then drop off the ledge with the archers into the underground bunker and kill the Undead there. Then run through the walk ways until you're outside a chapel with three Undead there and go right to where the bonfire and blacksmith are.

If you're not having fun though just drop it, no point in playing something you don't like.
>>
>>388966884
DS3 is every universe collapsing on itself at the same time into an universe that had basically nothing untill that point.
>>
>>388966884
I wish they had stuck with the lore direction that 2 had gone in
where the "mighty gods" had given away to kings and lords. It made sense, since it was clear from the first game that the idea of Godhood in this universe is bollocks. All the power of the gods was in their souls, which could fade, be given away, inherited, pillaged, etc. And underneath everyone is just a hollow vessel for interchangeable soul power. I mean that was the whole point of vendrick's character, he gave up and became a hollow not because he failed at anything, but, having succeeded in everything and coming to understand the nature of souls, he realized that the power and identity offered by souls are completely meaningless, that people are no different than those golems he made, and the only identity one could have that is uniquely ones own is that of a mindless hollow.
>>
>>388965785
>english dub
You go ahead and show me a single video of another dub. No, Pruld doesn't count.
>>
File: tumblr_oh7qbc0PeS1uy4xxuo1_1280.jpg (618KB, 1115x1580px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh7qbc0PeS1uy4xxuo1_1280.jpg
618KB, 1115x1580px
Sunbro x onionbro crossover game when?
>>
File: 1503178636529.jpg (79KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1503178636529.jpg
79KB, 720x479px
>>388960208
>>
>>388960208
The longer the flame goes unlit, the more concepts related to disparity (Life and Death, linear flow of time, separate timelines/universes) begin the weaken.
>>
>>388961672
I use every npc summons because that's the cannon way to play the game, and for some bosses makes it 10 times as hard due to the increase in life. Summoning real people is for casuals.
>>
>>388971543
>the cannon way
Cannons are only in Bloodborne.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.