[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, does anyone here own, and have finished this game by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Alright, does anyone here own, and have finished this game by chance? I need some opinions.

Theres just something about it I can't put my finger on it, but its detering me from enjoying the game. I'm on the japanese beach, and I was having fun at first in london, but its like the pacing has just kind of slowed to a crawl, and for some reason combat seems less fluid. I just can't get into it for some reason.

I tried using all 5 weapons classes and none of them feel right. I'm used to combat like this in multiple action games so its not exactly the faster pace of things, but.. it just feels... off.
>>
You say all that play wow is virgin? Weird, cos I'm not. Been playing since vanilla and had my fair share of married women, going and meeting them on weekends an staying in hotels, heck I even stayed in 1 womens house and shagged her rotten while her husband was away in blackpool, she has 2 chIldren too. Also my ex GF was married and I had to hide in her wardrobe while her husband came over for his CD collection or some shit, I even broke the bottom of the fucking wardrobe (not fat, just the bottom was made of shit cardboard crap) So get your fucking facts straight.
>>
>>388947593
Wrong thread buddy
>>
>>388947593
Uh?
>>
Jesus, is this game taboo or something? This is the fifth time i've tried to make a nioh thread this week and still no answers?
>>
>>388947570
You fight the same few enemies through the entirety of the game and all the bosses are shit.
>>
it looks like a mash-up of Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden without the strengths of either
>>
>>388947570
I feel you OP, I've tried to play this game a few times now and have quit either before or after the second/third boss. It's fun but like you there's just 'something' about it that keeps me from coming back. I think I'm just tired of soulsborne mechanics and the world/lore/story or whatever you want to call it just isn't interesting enough to keep me playing.
>>
>>388949649
It kind of feels like it too yeah, but nothing feels challenging so much as tedious, and this one ogre boss's chainball hitboxes are confusing me. Its like the entire chain has a hitbox isntead of just the ball.
>>
It's the lack of worldbuilding.

Souls is interesting ebcause you want to explore every place, you want to see this fantastical world they've come up with and learn more about it, and it's history.

Nioh is set in the real world, and has little to no intersting lore that isn't jsut established history of the 18th century. The locales are boring, the level design is pretty boring, its more point A to B than souls ever was. and the bosses are just plain bad. Final boss is one of the worst bosses i've ever faced.
>>
I hate reading threads of retards
>>
>>388947570
Practice Ki Pulsing, test out the different stances and learn some skills. The game has only just barely begun when you actually get to Japan, that's when the combat opens up. You have a lot more to learn and use but it's extremely satisfying to do so.
>>388949995
The chain does have a hitbox, that shouldn't be confusing, it should be an "oh it has it, ok" moment. Nothing should feel tedious unless you're severely mismanaging stance, Ki and equipment because they've already hugely nerfed enemy health since before release and there is always multiple options in combat.
>>
>>388950643
Do you have something to contriubte then?
>>
>>388950597
Nioh has enough world building, that it's based on real history doesn't diminish that at all. You don't have to have your game entirely steeped in fantasy to accomplish that, it's just a different way of doing things, and the fantasy elements it has are interesting themselves and add more to it.
It sounds like you're confusing world design and level design while disparaging both with things that are really untrue. The Japanese aesthetic is very well realised with those hints of fantasy again adding a little more intrigue to it, each area has it's own unique visual elements to it even among similar locations and there are many to go through. As for level design, it's in no way a straight forward path, each one has tons of different paths, hidden areas and shortcuts smoothly placed throughout, hitting a great balance where you feel like you're lost and encouraged to explore while knowing exactly where you are in relation to the level. Every level brings it's own unique style and obstacles to the table as well. The comment about bosses is flat out wrong too.
>>
>>388947570
are you ki pulsing and using your skills properly
>>
>>388952180
>>388950665

Is key pulsing the white flash thing?
>>
File: K atz.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
K atz.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>388948353
That's because you're asking people to change your opinion for you instead of asking a question with a factual answer. Nioh had a lot of new systems that took some getting used to but I enjoyed learning them and playing the game is still a lot of fun for me to this day. It's okay to not like something but don't expect anyone to care
>>
>>388952479
I tried asking real questions the last 4 times and nobody responded. My next thread was literally just going to be "This game sucks" in hopes i'd at least get some counter arguments
>>
>>388952582
Sounds like you just have autism
>>
>>388952265
yeah, press R1 when you have the light colored stuff on your ki bar to recover ki instantly
also get the skills that let you ki pulse on dodge
use kick to deplete enemy ki so you can knock them down
>>
The thought of saving saoirse kept me going through those fucking bosses like oda modafucka
>>
>>388953056
too bad she sucks
>>
Dont bother its weeb souls.
>>
>>388953169
Yeah, I still use her though, the way she speaks is enough for me to die and try again
>>
>>388947570
Yeah I dunno man. It's my goty, I love the combat.
>>
>>388947570
Game is extremely inconsistent and lacks clear vision behind it. None of game elements work together. It tried to be Souls too hard even when it doesn't make any sense. For example what's the point of exploring the level if your reward is just randomized lootboxes? What's the purpose of shortcuts for such small isolated levels? Why the hell game is so damn dark and depressive? Cutscenes show us a story about badass samurai and Japan has usual life with feudal wars, there's literally no sense in pursuing that grim atmosphere of Souls games here because there's no end of the world happening. Instead they could've used much brighter and better "japanese" enviroments for levels but it's all dark boring caves and villages at night.

Level design is just bad. Everything looks the same, places rarely feel like actual locations more like your usual videogame level. Enemy variety is seriously lacking and it's just stupid how you can't use some of your skills like parry on most of the enemies.

Can't say much about loot system yet since I'm in the middle of my playthrough but it looks kinda boring and pointless. You collect A LOT of shitty items with boring +% to random shit bonuses and I hardly see a possibility to do any fun combinations here.

Overall, game is mediocre. Combat can be quite fun actually but trying to be souls-like limits it too much.
>>
File: Katz.png (516KB, 777x724px) Image search: [Google]
Katz.png
516KB, 777x724px
>>388952582
If you've made 5 threads just after finishing the tutorial maybe it's time to play something else or do something more productive with your life.
>>
File: Niohmaria.webm (925KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Niohmaria.webm
925KB, 1280x720px
>>388947570
depends on your definition of "finished" but yes i have seen the story through and played both DLCs.
the first 2 missions do infact feel really long.
but eventually you get a lot stronger, a lot more skills and more comfortable with the game and future missions wont take as long.
it's probably my favourite release of 2017 so far.
and to be fair, the weapons dont feel super different until after you unlocked their skills.
once you have enough skillpoints you can reset your stats for pretty cheap and redistribute your points to see what weapons are actually capable of.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.