[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine if the N64 beat the PSX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: N64 Micro.png (310KB, 737x649px) Image search: [Google]
N64 Micro.png
310KB, 737x649px
What series would have really benefited from this alternate reality? Let's assume that all the games that currently exist released the same way in that universe. I can't really think of any major stand-out games... But that's only because the PS1's unmerited victory is precluding my imagination.

What could the N64 have possibly done better than it already did? It even got RE2 for heaven's sake.
>>
File: megamancompare1.jpg (518KB, 1800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
megamancompare1.jpg
518KB, 1800x1600px
>ps1 fags still think they won
>>
>>388938985
That image is as cherry picked as it gets.
I can use filters in the ps1 emulator to make it look good and use the lowest res, no filter options in the n64 emu to make it look as shit as possible too.
Hope you also like massive frame rate drops on the n64 version.
>>
>>388939439
emulator

try harder sonnyger
>>
>>388938985
>nintenbro still this MAD
OBSESSED
>>
>>388938781
If the N64 had a CD drive it would've kicked the PS1's ass.
>>
Nintendo behaved like Sony did when they released PS3, as cocky retards, they though they could get away with high prices, anti-consumer practices and lack of third party support in a market where they came 2 years too late

Just be glad some good games came out of the console and we can celebrate that today
>>
>>388939535
>emulator
Yes?
The n64 image is clearly using smoothing filters to make it look less shit.
>>
>>388938781
>Unmerited
So having a larger, better and more diverse library isnt merit enough? Fuck off
There was more memorable experiences on PS1 than on the N64, you can jack off to Mario and Zelda all you want but the handful of good titles the N64 had do not outweigh the dozens of excellent ones on the PS1.
>>
File: IMG_1453.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>388939629
CD would have held N64 back by having longer load times. Even the magnetic disk drive attachment was too slow to run OoT for instance. From the sounds of it, games that tried to benefit from it became like OoT became a literal slide show when played through it. The technology wasn't there. In the 64/PS era, you could either have fast RAM or lots of memory. The DD was meant to provide the best of both but in the end it became just like an Expansion Pak rather than a high-speed alternative for read-access memory like CD.
>>
>>388939823
The N64 always had smoothing filters and that mushy look to textures, but the PS1 had massive jiterring and a weird distortion in their textures.

Still, PS1 won more by having an easier to produce media device and coming to the market earlier, it got the games, and even some series that before were exclusive to Ninty.
>>
>>388940297
Bitch who cares about loading times when you could have Tony Hawk's Pro Skater with superior graphics and a full soundtrack?
>>
>>388940425
Someone who played 1080 Snowboarding on N64 for one....
>>
File: tony3.jpg (28KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
tony3.jpg
28KB, 512x512px
>>388940425
>superior graphics
>>
>>388940953
Yeah you read that right. You know how the PS1 had these weird, wobbly textures? I'm sure you do. Just look at a gameplay video of a PS1 game and you'll be able to tell. Well the thing is, the N64 used a new and innovative technology called floating-point precision. What that means is that it can display 3D graphics wihout any of that wobbly texture bullshit. And as a result, the N64 DOES have superior graphics to the PS1. I don't know and don't care if the PS1 has better texture resolution or something, the N64 has proper floating-point precision texture mapping and that's all that matters.
>>
If the N64 won Sega would still be relevant, so clearly Seaman would benefit the most
>>
>>388938781
the N64 had technically better hardware as it ran cleaner texture mapping but at the cost of less total polygons that can be displayed on screen.
It just turns out the consumers dick gets harder for total polygons than texture mapping.
>>
File: 1500057750931.png (465KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500057750931.png
465KB, 1024x768px
>>388939439
There's also ways to get 60fps or no slowdowns in some emulators.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.