[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's have one of these threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: sonikku.jpg (96KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
sonikku.jpg
96KB, 840x480px
let's have one of these threads
>>
File: template.jpg (11KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
template.jpg
11KB, 840x480px
template
>>
File: Truth.png (626KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.png
626KB, 840x480px
>>
>plebeian
Dark Souls 3

>patrician
Dark Souls 2

>contrarian
Demon's Souls

>God tier
Dark Souls
>>
>>388936493
>sonic cd
>contrarian

how?
>>
>>388937676
shit game being praised because it's "le hidden gem"
>>
>>388936493
Switch Pleb and Patrician and you got the correct answer.
>>
>>388936493
Sonic 1 was best sonic. All it was missing was spindash and a satisfying end boss. Move the boss from 2 to sonic 1 and its clearly the best
>>
>>388937828
>Sonic 1 was best sonic. All it was missing was better gameplay and design
Read that and tell me you're not retarded.
>>
>>388937621
>Soulsfag
>lazy faggot

No surprises here
>>
>Sonic CuckD
>contrarian
Kill yourself
>>
>>388936493
Why do people like sonic 2 better than 3&k? Is it just because they played it first?
>>
>>388941017
Because they prefer holding right to win over exploring a rich environment looking for secrets.
I say this as someone who loves sonic 2, it's not that sonic 2 is bad, it's just that sonic 3+k is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>388936493
>The one that absolutely every normalfag says is the best one
>Patrician
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (53KB, 1018x626px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
53KB, 1018x626px
>>388936493
Sonic CD isnt contrarian, its the best because each stage is just pure platforming. You know how each Sonic game gets kinda worse as they get harder? Each one has that one bullshit zone you fucking hate, even in Sonic 3? For me Sonic CD doesn't have such a stage, even Wacky Worckbench is literally get good: the zone. Its actually really easy if you stay on the low platforms and dont fall but if you're skilled you can keep the momentum going. And everyone praises Sonic 3's soundtrack but I just dont see how its better than CDs at all. CD has the best platforming action and speed control of any 2D sonic game. Its the only one I actually enjoy beating in one sitting. Plus everything we associate with "classic Sonic" pretty much comes from Sonic CD and its animated into/ending.
>>
>>388937743
This

Sonic CD is a shit game with terrible bosses and a mindfuck of a scenario where the foreground and background are indistinguishable half the time.
>>
File: starfox.jpg (130KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
starfox.jpg
130KB, 840x480px
>>388936493
I'm new at this
>>
>>388942398
>not 64, Assault, Adventure
Why?
>>
File: this thread.png (22KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
22KB, 840x480px
lets just get this out of the way now
>>
>>388942550
But I like 64
>>
>>388937456
2 IS better than 3 though
>>
>>388942724
64 is good, but it's still the most "basic" Star Fox game.
That's what plebeian means, right?
>>
>>388943025
Yeah I think so

I'm still waiting on someone to notice that I replaced "patrician" with "pediatrician".
>>
>>388942069
Sonic CD has bosses that actually utilize Sonic's acceleration and speed. You actually have to race Metal Sonic instead of being locked in a room with him like in 90% of all Sonic bosses. I love the one where you're on a treadmill too
>>
>>388942069
>mindfuck of a scenario where the foreground and background are indistinguishable half the time

I thought it was only me. Also, this sticks out really badly when you get to the CD levels in mania.
>>
>>
>>388943629
Halo 2 has worse combat and enemy placement
>>
File: IMG_4120.png (158KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4120.png
158KB, 320x320px
>>388942398
I still cannot fathom why people don't like assault.
>>
>>388943725
It's probably because of the ground missions. Remember, back then, the fanbase outright demanded another Star Fox game similar to 64. When they didn't get it, they freaked.
>>
>>388941017
almost certainly this
kind of helps that S2 sold a bunch more than S3 (and S&K) did too

a lot of the people who did have a Genesis probably didn't get S&K either (I didn't own S&K as a kid, but I had 1, 2, and 3, finally got to play S3&K with Mega Collection)
mind you, I personally like S3 alone more than S2, adding the even better S&K half makes it a no-contest match

>>388942069
>where the foreground and background are indistinguishable half the time
the only time this is an issue is in Stardust Speedway, they totally fucked up how you should handle layer swapping completely

seriously the only reason people hate Metallic Madness more than Stardust Speedway is... um... I dunno.
Maybe it's that Stardust Speedway looks cool and has the Metal Sonic race? It's a totally shit level otherwise.
Metallic Madness has some really dumb shit, particularly in round 2, but it's overall better by far layout-wise in comparison.

>terrible bosses
nah
a lot of of the bosses are pretty cool and are actual bosses in some way (quartz quadrant, wacky workbench, stardust speedway, tidal tempest), a few are shit (first boss is a joke despite being cool looking, the fucking collision chaos boss can fuck off, metallic madness's boss is garbage to fight)
>>
>>388944480
You're pretending that the controls for the ground missions didn't completely suck.

Also it was a very different type of gameplay than what fans were expecting. Game genres are a real thing you know.
>>
>>388943685
Worse then which and in what regard
>>
>>388945187
Both.
But Halo 3's reuse of levels was far worse than the first game's.
>>
>Plebian
Thief 2
>Patrician
Thief Gold
>Contrarian
TDS
>>
>>388945984
I heavily disagree then. 2 has the best core mechanics of the original triology, IMO, but without you clarifying how you think CE and 3's is better I can't really refute you.

As far as enemy placement, I don't recall any one game doing it that much better then the other
>>
>>388937828
It never needed a spin dash. You can always play the remakes if you wanted to play it with a spin dash like a woman, or you can always turn it off to play it how it is supposed to be played like a man.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.