[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which game is the best open world literal sandbox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: mad-pain.png (592KB, 614x669px) Image search: [Google]
mad-pain.png
592KB, 614x669px
Which game is the best open world literal sandbox?
>>
File: 2qTZPcR.jpg (495KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2qTZPcR.jpg
495KB, 1280x720px
>>388916873
Not really Sandbox but Xenoblade Chronicles X has the best open world yet hands down. These guys are pros.
>>
best sandbox GTA v undeniably.
The most fun to explore has to be witcher 3
>>
>>388918261
Is the world more interactive than Xenoblade Chronicles? It irritated me that there was this big-ass world with nothing to do in it other than fight monsters.
>>
>>388916873
Final Fantasy XIII
>>
>no one getting the literal part
You all need some rope
>>
>>388918351
>Is the world more interactive than Xenoblade Chronicles?

No.
>>
>underwhelming entry in a great series
>rushed cash-in dogshit that loses any lustre within the first hour of playing it
Wow OP that's a tough one!
>>
>>388916873
Farcry 2
>>
Fallout1
>>
>>388918261
X can be emulated now, right? Always looked interesting.
>>
File: CrHtdu8[1].png (123KB, 483x321px) Image search: [Google]
CrHtdu8[1].png
123KB, 483x321px
>>388916873
>sand
>>
>>388918351
>It irritated me that there was this big-ass world with nothing to do in it other than fight monsters.

its literally the same thing.
I honestly do think the world looks much better than the first game though but yeah, its just a big ass world but you dont really do anything in it other than fight big ass monsters.

i know some drone is gonna say otherwise and try their hardest to defend the game.
>>
>>388916873
Minecraft with mods
>>
File: desert.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
desert.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>388921815
There's nothing wrong with that though.
>>
File: BoneCounty gta.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BoneCounty gta.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOqP3wj2x14
>>
>>388923943
>There's nothing wrong with that though.
>nothing wrong

i bet you think BOTW is perfectly fine by just having shrines spread around a big open map and nothing else.
this is partly why gaming is dying because faggots like you who are ok with developers being lazy fucks.
>>
>>388916873
I'm not a fan of sandbox games, they're coarse and rough and it's irritating going everywhere.
>>
>>388924650
I was with you until you brought BotW into it. XBX's world is disappointing because your interaction with the world is practically nonexistent to the point where you're character model will phase right through almost everything. The very first thing I tried to do in that game was run up the millesaur's back. I found out I could not do that and then discovered I could walk through his feet like a ghost. The only real interaction you have with this world that isn't a menu or a battle are when navigating the areas that have vertical level design, those areas help the game out immensely.
In Zelda's case I thought the world was far more intractable than any other open world. This owes a lot to the game's physics engine which is often the unsung hero of what really makes the game. The shrines are an attempt at holding onto an outdated concept but they make for a nice enough progression tracker. The puzzles and mysteries and challenges and experimentation that exists in the open world is the real reason to play the game.
>>
File: 1486888439338.png (684KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486888439338.png
684KB, 640x480px
>>388923958
I thought that was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for a bit there. That game was the bee's knees.
>>
>>388924650
There is depth to the world of XCX, It's all crafted in a way that would make sense for an alien planet. Zelda is just big for the sake of being big and has too few enemey variety for it to be great. A world doesnt have to be 100% interactive to be good.
>>
File: poof bombz.jpg (416KB, 1246x2216px) Image search: [Google]
poof bombz.jpg
416KB, 1246x2216px
>>388925590
>Whoopsie!
>>
Mad Max was a pretty good and fun game, although a bit too much grinding
>>
>>388926326
Your standards are horrible, the game's one saving grace is the vehicle combat and even then it's not worth playing the rest of the game for it.
You can have more fun playing an AssCreed game than this shit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.