[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who imported video games. Did you ever get charged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: n_l1x2.png (41KB, 560x102px) Image search: [Google]
n_l1x2.png
41KB, 560x102px
For those who imported video games.

Did you ever get charged customs? How much for? I was thinking about importing a Korean game via Play Asia

I've never imported before so I was wondering how bad it would be? or should I just make a foreign PSN account and download the game I want to import from Korea?
>>
is there a limite of how much I can spend before I get subjected to duties and import taxes/customs?
>>
>>388894254
What game? I'm a britfag and I'm importing DJMaxx from Korea atm
>>
>living in a thirdworld country that taxes you for fun
>>
>>388894853
If there is, it's over 500 dollars.
>>
When I was importing a lot back in the PS2 era I was never charged customs for anything. And I would get stuff from all over Japan.
>>
>>388894976

DJ Max Respect? THats the exact same game I would plan on importing. Particularlly the Asian region version.

Same principal? I won't get charged for just one game?
>>
amerifat here, never had an issue though I've only used play-asia a couple times. I'd imagine that company in particular is well known by customs agents so there 's less bullshit to go through, but that's me talking out of my ass.
you better be importing DJMAX, anon
>>
File: trump usa.jpg (66KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
trump usa.jpg
66KB, 800x500px
>>388894254
If you're in the USA, there's no customs charges on vidya.
>>
>>388895363

OP here

see >>388895302

Particualy will probably be getting the Asian language version since that doesn't require a KSSN to sign up for a PSN account for DLC

>>388895410

Really? From anywhere?
>>
>>388895302
Yeah I'm fucking hyped. Asian ofc to get English subs. I hope a burger can answer your question for you but I hope you enjoy the game rhythmbro, it's gonna be my first foray into the series
>>
>>388895664

I had the previous games imported from Play-asia, I was a minor when I wanted them so I had my parent order it and I paid them for it. It's been about 8-9 years since I last imported anything so I wasn't sure if anything changed or if it applies to importing anywhere from Asia

>>388895664
>>388895363

I hear Neowiz is planning on releasing the game in NA/EU via Digital only. So thats pretty much whats keeping me from doing the Play Asia order... that and I'm sure Mr. Harvey is causing havoc on US delivery times.
>>
I preordered Respect from Play Asia. Took like 2 weeks to get to the West Coast. Game is awesome, especially if you've been playing since the PC or PSP originals.
>>
>>388896120
Also there were no customs or other charges, just the price plus shipping.
>>
This is now a Djmax thread
>>
>>388895664

Also the game has every song from Portable 1, 2 and some new songs

the only song missing is Dreadnought from Portable 1, watching the M/V makes it obvious why it was never carried over to future titles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvOROyPaFNE
>>
>>388896271
how much will they charge for the trilogy and portable 3 tracks?

i fucking bet it will something stupid like 20 dollars for each
>>
>>388896094

here's where I got that NA/EU bit from

https://www.reddit.com/r/djmax/comments/6lw5uw/djmax_respect_interview_translated_to_english/

Sorry about the reddit link, but the Arcsys part came true, so thats why I'm catious about importing too. I bought Future Tone Digitally via Japanese PSN, and BOOM, a month or two later, the NA version was announced and I felt like I wasted money in the long run.
>>
>>388896271

Favorite song from each game?

So far I am REALLY loving Glory Day from Respect
>>
>>388896589
>Q: Songs other than DJMax Portable 1 and 2 will be featured as DLC, how much will they cost and when will they be released?
>B: We dont have the specifications yet, but we plan to reveal the dates and the concept around the launch. At the most basic, it will be a package form of dlc which will be sold at a reasonable price.
>sold at a reasonable price.

i bet
>>
>>388896853

Unrelated but apparently the JP release will come with Arc Sys tracks as DLC

kinda explains why Arc Sys songs aren't on Xonic's PS4/XBone/Switch port
>>
>>388897041
>>388896853
nvm, trilogy pack was already announced, looks like it will be like 10 dollars, nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpAhr5bulng
>>
>>388894254
Never. But play-asia did warn me once that if I spent over a certain amount per order I would likely have to pay a customs fee.
>>
>>388897261

how much did they say exactly?
>>
>>388897124

Will that be on the Asian regions too?
>>
>>388897378
seeing as the game is still only released on the asia regions, i guess?
>>
>>388897303
It's been like a decade since then so I don't clearly remember but I think it was 250 USD and up for a single order.
>>
Just for a better understanding

what do they charge customs and duties on and why?
>>
File: 1467121250713.jpg (68KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
1467121250713.jpg
68KB, 600x474px
>mfw Australia has no custom taxes on any goods below $1000 and I live closer to Japan
>>
>>388895508
As long as the goods you order aren't over $1000, or some other high price point that doesn't matter for most people.
>>
Wait, so the the U.S. you basically don't get taxes on imports?

Fucking hell. UK gets cucked again...
>>
The US has it pretty good with customs, where I'm at(Netherlands) you get charged if you go over 22 yuropoors, although if it's from another EU country it's duty free. In my experience it goes like this:

>Japan import: get charged irregularly for anything marked as merchandise over 22 EUR, very rarely for anything marked as gift
>China import: same as Japan but packages slip through less often
>USA import: get charged literally every time, marked gift or no they don't give a shit

Large sites like Play-Asia will always mark as merchandise, but most private sellers I've come across are nice enough to mark as gift and keep declared value under 40 EUR.
>>
>>388898642

would probably be better to pick the cheaper shipping option too huh?

Also the Asian version of the game, does it matter what PSN store I make an account for? Which ones better? FOr that matter which one has the Super Robot wars games that were recently Released in English, Moon Dwellers and V? Including DLC?
>>
>>388898421

Also for curiosities sake, if you do get charged duties and imports how do you pay them? Do you just go to your local post office with some kind of notice that your being charged them and pay them there? Or do you have to do the pain in the ass path of LITERALLY having to drive out to the post office it was stopped at regardless if it's 7 hours away or so?
>>
>>388894254
No, Im in the US and just ordered SRW:V and wasn't charged and never have been.
>>
>>388899106
In the Netherlands I have to pay them at the door(they don't have any change either) or you let them take the package to the office where you can pay for it next day. UPS sends you a bill in a few days instead.
>>
>>388898830

Does it really matter where I make a PSN account on this, Was thinking about playing SRW V as well, which store sells it in english including DLC?
>>
>>388899668
>>388898830
Singapore
>>
>>388899727

cool

so this right?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/games/djmax-respect/cid=HP1804-CUSA08621_00-DJMAXRESPECTNWRS

almost got confused and looked at the one for the Malasyian PSN and paniced a bit because Play Asia doesn't sell Malaysian PSN cards
>>
>>388900370

so if it says Asia region on Play asia I can make either a Singapore or hong kong account?
>>
>>388900534
Not him, but I asked the same question to a rep on Play Asia and was told you need a Singapore account to redeem Eng Asia codes and DLC. I got the Day one edition of SRW: V in today that came with a DLC/theme code and I had to enter it into my Singapore account.

>>388900370
yes
>>
>>388900370
>>388900534
I forgot to mention, some Asian English DLC is region/account locked. My preorder bonus DLC for Gundam Breaker did NOT show up when I played the game on my US account, but it was there for my Singapore account. I think it varies from game to game though.
>>
>>388899727

If I have the Singapore PSN account on my system, will the DLC work even if I'm playing the game using my US PSN account? Wondering about this for anyone who's played Super Robot Wars V

>>388900936
Ooohhh, so I should wait until the first DLC pack comes out to figure that out huh?
>>
>>388894254
Complete retard here: I tried to buy a game through Play-Asia with Paypal, but it kept directing me to Paypal in pure Chinese, and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. So I imported the title, Gundam Breaker 3, through Amazon instead. It was more expensive but the site was in English so it was worth it. No customs, no worries. No different than buying anything else.
>>
>>388901118
>If I have the Singapore PSN account on my system, will the DLC work even if I'm playing the game using my US PSN account
I've not tried it yet so I couldnt say

>>388901247
I hope it was the Break Edition
>>
>>388901247
USA here, also.
>>
>>388901321
Didn't I say I was a retard? I didn't get any DLC, though I would have had to get a fucking Singaporean PSN account, which is more hassle than getting some shitty Barbatos Gundam to use is worth. Alas.
>>
>>388901247

I bought a japanese PSN card with paypal and the site was in english, maybe the site was screwing up?
>>
>>388901443
Possibly. Next time I buy from them, I'll hope for the best. My hands are full with Yakuza Kiwami and Everybody's Golf and Pillars of Eternity and Warriors Allstars at the moment. Jesus I need a life.
>>
>>388901118
Yes the DLC and game will work on any account. But you have to buy the DLC on the region the game is from. After that the DLC should be registered on game itself.
t. someone that has imported way too fucking much
>>
just as a stupid question, is it possible to make a ps4 the primary PS4 for each account on it as long as each account is a different region?
>>
>>388901538
>Yes the DLC and game will work on any account
Not always, Breaker 3 Barbatos DLC didn't work on US accounts. not that it mattered since they throw them at you later anyway.
>>
>>388901539
I think you can make EVERY account the primary account. The option is there to ensure one account doesn't get to auto download on multiple consoles.
>>
Incredibly unlikely what if question.

If you have a ps4 activated as your primary one for an account that isn't in english (Like Japan) and it breaks before you have a chance to deactivate it, what happens then? How can you remove the activation from that? Will just calling your regions PSN to have them manually do that for all regions that psn is tied to? Because I don't know japanese, or how to do it on other english speaking account languages.
>>
>>388902327

Oh I figured out out
>>
>>388894254
I've only been charged customs for importing clothes. Never for figures or games.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.