[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Link was put into the Fountain of Renewal for 100 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: zelda-41-800x450.jpg (49KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-41-800x450.jpg
49KB, 800x450px
When Link was put into the Fountain of Renewal for 100 years and lost his memories, is it fair to say that that Link "died"? Everyone keeps referring to Link as the same person, but he has next to no memory of those events?

>The old Zora coot blaming "current" Link for Mipha dying
>Mipha still having feelings for Link when he now hardly has a clue who the fuck she is.
>Great Deku Tree constantly comparing Link to his former self.

How the hell do you get away with blaming someone who has amnesia for what they did in their past life?
>>
He regains his memories throughout the game though
>>
>>388887417
No, having amnesia is not the same as death. Also, he can get his memories back.
>>
>>388887417
I thought it was stupid that Link slept for ONE HUNDRED YEARS yet, over 90% of characters are still alive/remember Link. Why even have it that long of time?
>>
>>388887493
>>388887541
>>388887541
True but that doesn't automatically mean he has any attachment to those memories. There's no evidence that everything snapped back into place for Link and he suddenly became the old Link again, like what happened to, say, Samurai Jack when the Siren's curse was destroyed by the Scotsman, or the most heroic ending for Shadow the Hedgehog where Shadow clearly says he intends to keep the promise he made 50 years ago.

What I'm trying to say is amnesia is whack and you could have a whole course about the philosophy of it. If everything snaps back into place, does the "new" Link suddenly die?
>>
>>388887952
you've been watching too much golden time
>>
>>388887952
There is no new link. People with amnesia don't lose their personality.
>>
>>388888483
Haven't seen it but it looks somewhat interesting.
>>
>>388887417
it's your fault even if you have amnesia
>>
>>388887417
Depends. When you lose your memories you can essential become a different person given new life experiences. Your relationships and opinions basically start over from square one.

Prey 2017 had this as a plot point actually.
>>
A man who gets drunk and kills someone while driving is still a murderer when he wakes up in the morning and realizes what hes done.
>>
>>388889421
That's a little different than losing your memory, though.
>>
>>388888869
It's a decent anime for its genre, I say go for it if that's your thing.
>>
>>388889591
Not really, especially if you get blackout drunk.
>>
File: 1502987264670.gif (222KB, 251x599px) Image search: [Google]
1502987264670.gif
222KB, 251x599px
I have SDAM so this topic is personally interesting to me but I need to go places now. Too bad.
>>
>>388887654
But only the zora remember him. Besides dead characters. Everyone else just knows OF him.
>>
>>388890068
One involves a metric fuckton more memory loss than the other, to the point where the person is a different person.

When the drunk wakes up in the morning, he still remembers the events of last month, his birthday, his Mother's maiden name, etc.
>>
>>388887952
Play Planescape. That's exactly what you're wanting.
>>
>>388888634
The actually do to a large extent
>>
>>388890936
Zora can probably live up to 200 years, so its no surprise that they can still remember Link
>>
>>388887417
just turn your brain off bro. zelda isn't about that. it's about how immersive it is to explore grassy plains and not know what you'll discover next even though there aren't very many enemy types and the only permanent rewards are shrines and koroks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.