[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ready for esports? What would make it ready if not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

Is it ready for esports? What would make it ready if not?
>>
too many random factors
it's a casual game through and through
>>
File: da doctor.jpg (78KB, 600x450px)
da doctor.jpg
78KB, 600x450px
>>388877419
Yes
>>
File: 1491331456361.gif (1MB, 500x281px)
1491331456361.gif
1MB, 500x281px
why does everything have to be esports
>>
>>388877794
Why are streamers able to constantly win then?
>>
It's a broken mess
>>
>>388878218
Name them
>>
>>388878218
same reason good mario party and mario kart players are able to win consistently
the random factors are still not fit for esports, though. these are casual games, anon
>>
>>388878359
Shroud
>>
>>388878218
because no one actually tries against them, for fear of getting banned
>>
>>388878650
He's just really good at shooters. There's no thinking and strategy to this game. It's all mouse skill which isn't all that interesting. The appeal of CSGO esports is the constant shifting of plans and positions in just one game along with the shooting skill.
>>
File: 1502490990512.png (174KB, 500x577px)
1502490990512.png
174KB, 500x577px
>>388879025
>constant shifting of plans and positions in just one game along with the shooting skill.

If you watch him this is all he does and what you should do in game. Do you even play this game? If this is how /v/ thinks, its no wonder they all suck so much at this game.
>>
>>388877419
bad netcode (shit tickrate)
too much RNG
too hard to spectate 80 players let alone 100
>>
>>388877419
>stay outside the zone forever with healing items
>go back in to kill the last guy

My excitement is rising
>>
>>388879228
It's still random chance which is shit for esports. Imagine in soccer/football. After every goal, the ball would be dropped at a random spot on the field. Wouldn't be very fair would it?
>>
>>388879680
Shit analogy. Disregarded.
>>
>>388879730
No it isn't. If the best pubg player and the worst pubg player drop at the same spot and worst pubg player gets a scar in the building and the best player gets an energy drink, does that mean the worst pubg player outskilled the best one? No, it's random chance. It completely throws out the skill factor.
>>
File: 1502755958719.png (24KB, 200x200px)
1502755958719.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>388879976
Should probably run away then bro. You probably run right at him for a LE EPIC HEADSHOT PUNCH die and then come bitch here saying the game is rng and skilless. Plus the worst pubg player wouldn't know to pick up the gun or miss it. Suck my nuts
>>
>>388880181
Ok fine. If shroud who can headshot like a mother fucker drops into the same place as Dr disrespect who isnt as good as shroud but can aim decently well. Put them in the same situation. Did Dr disrespect outplay shroud? Is Dr disrespect suddenly better than shroud?
>>
>>388880491
No he wouldn't be better than shroud still. In reality in a competitive situation, your situation wouldn't happen cause you wouldn't land right next to someone like that. There are about 3452345+ ways this game can make situations out of your scenario which is why the game is so good. You don't have to like it but saying this game can't be competitive is sort of laughable. It'll be a hard feat to get the camerawork and spectating flow well, but we have the tech.
>>
>>388879434
>things that didn't happen
>>
File: tg98_big1.jpg (1MB, 2757x727px)
tg98_big1.jpg
1MB, 2757x727px
>Welcome to the first PUGB World Championship Group A!
>>
fuck off
>>
File: pubg.jpg (173KB, 696x774px)
pubg.jpg
173KB, 696x774px
>>388877794
This.
For one thing, if you want any level of skill to be involved, you need to take away bullet randomization on movement. It completely fucks up firefights which just become who sees who first because youre unable to return fire while moving without getting a fucking massive -50% accuracy.

Anything that increases randomization is always fucking bad because it takes skill away from the player in exchange for a dice roll.
>>
>>388880839
You're not understanding me. This game will never become a successful esport. No one is gonna train at a game and play in a tournament for potentially a large amount of money and have to rely, even a little bit, on random chance. No successful esport relies on rng. Crit chance in mobas are a completely different thing.
>>
File: 1502753853560.jpg (19KB, 251x251px)
1502753853560.jpg
19KB, 251x251px
>>388881556
>No successful esport relies on rng
>Crit chance in mobas are a completely different thing.
>>
>>388877419

Sure. Other Anons have pointed out how horrifically random a lot of it is, but as long as you can consistently pull huge viewership (which it can) and have people willing to play (which it does) it's fine. It would have to be squads though.
>>
>>388881852
They are. Crit chance is an optional effect that you can put on your character. It's a risk reward ability that you acknowledge. In pubg you have no say on the weapons you will receive when you land or even the direction the plane will face when the game starts. I'm sorry dude, it's not gonna happen. No esporto for you.
>>
ALL YOU CAN DO IS CAMP THEY SAY

>Brawler: Drop into popular areas and fight as much as possible. More focus on kills than winning

>Stalker: Drop into areas with decent loot, and hunt players once geared up.

>Survivalist: Avoid any conflict until absolutely necessary. Usually drop into less common spots

>Camper: Hide in buildings with a shotgun, and wait.

>Sniper: Find a decent gun and a scope and hunt from rooftops or hills

>Mad Max: Find a vehicle and drive around to find other players to kill.

>Initial D: Wait until the barrier approaches, then use a vehicle to outrun it.

>Ambush: Camp chokepoints (like bridges) until cars or other players try to pass by.

>Aquaman: Use a boat or just swim to avoid conflict.

>Friendly: Try (and inevitably fail) to befriend strangers in a battle royale

>E-Sport: Use your reflexes and the best tactics (even if they might not be as fun) in order to get kills and wins

>Snake: Play stealthy by crawling around and hiding until you can strike.

>Medic: Stock up on medical supplies and use them to survive being outside of the zone longer than you should be

>Troll: Making people mad is more important than kills or wins.

>Vulture: Only fight players that are fighting each other, then kill the weakened victor.
Vote
>>
>>388882294
stalker then medic then snake best strat
>>
What is stopping 90% of people playing as camping snipers?
>>
>>388884197
lack of suppressors
>>
>>388879378
What a video game, rather play hardcore conquest on BF1 because at least then something is happening even though it's mostly scouts playing the way backfield.
>>
>>388877419
Might as well make hide and seek a sport.
>>
>>388881556
What about
>miss
>dodge
>>
>>388884197
lack of snipers
lack of scopes
>>
Stop taking about pugbears.
>>
>>388884449
What game has this factor?
>>
>>388883932
>strat
There are no strats. None of those will help you win because somebody with better gear RNG will just kill you.
>>
>>388884609
False
>>
>>388885143
Half of those playstyles are rng dependent
>>
>>388884360
>he enjoys any battlefield game after special forces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpNfMHdRPo
>>
>>388885418
literally what I do every single match is either:

>parachute

>parachute to a car and drive far away
>pick up smg
>get silencer
>pick up rifle
>grab 2-3 meds
>drive to isolated corner of bubble
>murder everyone I see clearing my back as I go
>eventually when circle is about 5 squares big
>go prone
>kill people only if I can use my silencer while laying down
>monitor peoples positions try and spot all of them
>refrain from firing as long as possible
>watch others and wait until last guy
>stand up and shoot him
>wingame
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.