[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point in buying these remasters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: too many.png (956KB, 1062x744px) Image search: [Google]
too many.png
956KB, 1062x744px
>Same game(s) I bought years ago
>"Graphical updates, 1080p"
>No new content

What's the point?
>>
>>388873912
Metroid Primer Trilogy has better controls and FE Gaiden was not released in the west.
>>
>>388874042
I'll give you those two. Honestly those were there just for filler.
>>
File: IMG_3325.jpg (49KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3325.jpg
49KB, 480x440px
getting more money from nostalgifags and people who "omg i love this videogame im an old gamer i know a lot about videogames because i played a lot this videogame witouth a good graphics but still was the best videogame for me, a person elevated from the entire mass who likes to play videogames".

even a single level more would have been appreciated, but still "minimum effort maximum profit".
>>
>>388873912
>nostalgia and "muh modern warfare was the only good one", better graphics
>better graphics and nostalgia
>better graphics and nostalgia
>no valid reason to
>I don't know
>better controls/fusion suit unlock is easier
>>
>>388874352
Very true and sad really. Let's not even forget that some of these remasters are worse than the original (i.e. CoD 4 Remastered)
>>
>>388873912
>kids first fps
>maybe halo 3 is still good
>40yr olds first platformer
>kids first physiological encounter
>weebshit
>wahoos first fps
>>
>>388874352
OP asks "what's the point in buying these remasters?" not "what's the point in making and selling these remasters"
>>
The only real excuse was that most of the remasters were for consoles that didnt have backwards compatibility or had them available as classic titles on digital distribution.
>>
>>388874747
You're right.
>>
>>388873912
I'll defend the Bioshock remaster, only because you got it for free on Steam if you owned the originals.
>>
Oh yeah, I forgot about that...
>>
bioshock remaster is a piece of shit, buggy as fuck
>>
>>388875247>>388875245
Never played the remaster (because there was no reason to) but I did hear it was buggy.
>>
>>388875247
Weird you mention Bioshock, I'm playing Infinite right now and I'm stuck on this puzzle with bells. Anyone offer some help?
>>
>>388875403
Wait a minute, that card........
>>
>>388875403
You mean the intro?

If you do then go fuck yourself.
>>
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>388875449
Weird.... that is what the in-game narrator said.... Anyway, here is a pic of the part I'm stuck on right now. Thanks
>>
>>388875403
Here's a tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI
>>
>>388875562
DSP why are you on 4chan?
>>
>>388875247
It finally got patched a while back. Ran perfect for me when I played it
>>
File: 1496701244206.png (554KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1496701244206.png
554KB, 500x504px
>>388873912
>COD
Huge game that they knew was profitable.
Halo
>Has all games in 1 package (except reach)
Crash
>New Generation for a forgotten series
>Bioshock
2K Marin and Irrantional no longer exist so it's a quick money source for 2K
>Fire Emblem
As Anon said above orignal never came west
>Metroid
All games on in 1 package and better controls as Anon said above.

Remasters and remakes are necessarily a bad things as they are usually done by a different company so the original devs can get on with new game/sequel.
>>
>>388875862
My point is that these are games that, odds are, I already own and have played to death. Graphical adjustments and shit like that are no reason to rebuy a game
>>
>>388873912
i bought the master chief collection because i was too poor to afford consoles when the og xbox and ps2 were around.
played 1-4 + odst in coop with a friend. well worth the money.
>>
updated graphics like crash remastered
also some games like peace walker hd edition allows you to play the game on big screen with better controls and stable framerate
games that were released last gen shouldn't need a remastered treatment desu (cod4, bioshock, batman arkham)
>>
>>388875862
Control adjustments and localization are though
>>
>>388876183
If you like a series enough you would want to support the series and you would take enjoyment noticing the new improvments and differences.

The main reason for remasters is to get them on a newer consoles to increase the library and maximise profit from new buyers.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.